The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-13, 05:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
Details are still a little sketchy at the moment, but it seems that the Blade Runner, Oscar Pistorius has been arrested for the death of a woman at his house.

Initial reports suggested that a man the same age as Pistorius thought it was a burglar and shot the woman twice. Now it seems that a murder case has been opened according to the police.

Stay tuned.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/woman-shot-at-oscar-s-house-identified-1.1470181#.URywG2e9EaY

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... PepeLePew13 02-14-13 1
 RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... kingfish 02-15-13 2
   RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... kidflash212 02-16-13 9
       RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... kingfish 02-16-13 10
 RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... Brownroach 02-16-13 3
   RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... PepeLePew13 02-16-13 4
       RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... Brownroach 02-16-13 5
           RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... PepeLePew13 02-16-13 6
               RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... Brownroach 02-16-13 7
       RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... Estee 02-16-13 8
 RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... KeithFan 02-16-13 11
   RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... PepeLePew13 02-16-13 12
       RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... fo... KeithFan 02-17-13 14
 More on Pistorius... PepeLePew13 02-16-13 13
 Really? Estee 02-17-13 15
 Head trauma from a cricket bat? Estee 02-18-13 16
 Charged: bail hearing underway. Estee 02-19-13 17
   RE: Charged: bail hearing underway... PepeLePew13 02-19-13 18
       RE: Charged: bail hearing underway... Estee 02-19-13 19
 The 2,000 Foot Witness. Estee 02-20-13 20
 At least his name wasn't Mark. Estee 02-20-13 21
   RE: At least his name wasn't Mark. PepeLePew13 02-21-13 22
       RE: At least his name wasn't Mark. Estee 02-21-13 23
           RE: At least his name wasn't Mark. kingfish 02-21-13 24
 Copout... Estee 02-21-13 25
 Bail granted. Estee 02-22-13 26
   RE: Bail granted. kingfish 02-22-13 27
 Travel restrictions lifted. Estee 03-28-13 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-14-13, 05:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
While this case is being played out in the courts, Nike might want to rethink this ad campaign on Oscar's website...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-13, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
Roid Rage?

Apparently he has a history of bizarre behavior and violent outbursts.

Any bets on how long it will be till steroid use is inferred?

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-16-13, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
I bet kingfish will infer it first.

02-16-13, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
Rats!

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-13, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
The victim was his girlfriend. My jaw having hit the floor upon reading about this, I'd really REALLY like to believe it was a bizarre accident. But it's looking bad at present...

02-16-13, 00:17 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
It's sounding more and more like perhaps Pistorius has more demons than we thought.

It seems that neighbours heard loud arguing coming from Pistorius's place not long before the shooting took place, and police seemed to be incredulous that anyone could suggest that Pistorius might have 'accidentally shot her while mistaking her for a burglar'. An ex-GF was ready to spill nasty details about him but then decided to zip it after talking to a lawyer, and her parents said they were really thankful she got out of the relationship while she could.

Another consideration - Pistorius lives in a secure, gated community where the only way in is past the security gate, so I'm less inclined to believe the blarney of an intruder,

Really is a stunner, such a heroic figure in showing what Paralympians are capable of doing, and poof, it's all gone in an instant.

Let's make sure that Reeva Steenkamp isn't forgotten. South Africa has a terrible problem with atrocities heaped on women (rape, murder) and a debate has already been started up on how to deal with this problem.

02-16-13, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
The media has been proffering how Johannesburg is so dangerous and everyone there is paranoid and lives in fear, but that isn't really adding up here, IMO. Gah! I am supremely sad, however this turns out.

02-16-13, 01:19 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
This happened in Pretoria, the capital. Not that it really makes much of a difference... but again the key is that neighbours heard arguing going on before the shooting and then Reeva was found shot through a bathroom door, which certainly seems to suggest premeditation more than heat-of-the-moment.

02-16-13, 04:07 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-13 AT 04:16 AM (EST)

My bad misidentifying the city -- I meant that South Africa in general is apparently fairly dangerous as per the reports.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-13, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
Let's make sure that Reeva Steenkamp isn't forgotten.

The local tabloids aren't forgetting her. They're using her murder as an excuse to run pictures of her in various bikinis. Two days running. And that's just the front page(s).

I imagine they would say that for the reader, it makes the crime more heinous.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-13, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
As far as defense goes, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

02-16-13, 03:24 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
He really jumped the gun there, didn't he? It's prosthetic justice that he very well can't get onto his knees to beg for forgiveness. The legal fees are going to be crippling.

The police have found a cache of weapons in his home - there are blades all over.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-13, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Oscar Pistorius arrested ... for murder?"
You couldn't help yourself either, huh? Haha.

02-16-13, 05:34 PM (EST)
13. "More on Pistorius..."
This article outlines some of the rage he's shown in the past.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/rage_catches_up_to_runner_7riI5PwCCYpNttS18iaoxH?utm_campaign=OutbrainA&utm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsite

02-17-13, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Really?"
So if I understand his version of events correctly, they had a fight and she locked herself in the bathroom. At which point, he decided to access the facilities by any means necessary. Which in this case meant shooting the door, which the defense may ultimately be presenting as some kind of effort to take the lock out. And apparently this takes multiple bullets. The impact points relative to the lock will eventually be revealed. Not sure if the bathroom had windows on the outside or not: haven't seen any building layouts.

...look, I understand kicking the door down wasn't the most realistic option, but...

There's been discussion in the circle which I suspect is echoed in a lot of places: is this going to be South Africa's equivalent to the Simpson trial, where no matter what common sense and evidence dictate, no one can find a jury which will convict? And the answer is "No, of course not. South Africa doesn't have jury trials." So he only has to find a single idiot. And given that the fundamental women-hating nature of the nation actually surpasses the States...

Meanwhile, the Post runs their third consecutive bikini cover.

02-18-13, 09:52 AM (EST)
16. "Head trauma from a cricket bat?"
Okay, so now he tried to beat the door down, swung right through it, decided it wasn't open enough, went for the gun...

If you were his defense counsel, you'd be trying for a change of venue right now. To Los Angeles.

02-19-13, 07:49 PM (EST)
17. "Charged: bail hearing underway."
http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackandfield/story/_/id/8961627/oscar-pistorius-charged-premeditated-murder-death-reeva-steenkamp

02-19-13, 08:49 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Charged: bail hearing underway."
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-13 AT 08:50 PM (EST)

His tale is full of piss-storius. He's now changed the location of the cricket bat three or four times and some of the stuff he's saying makes no sense.

For one... if they're really that much in love and she really was "just in the toilet", why would she lock the door and force Oscar to batten down the door? My wife and I never lock the door to our ensuite when we know the other is around.

There are already predictions of Oscar becoming South Africa's version of O.J. Simpson - he very well could get off because of the cultural aspects of fear and self-protection in the country making his story believable to some - and with just a judge and no jury, all it takes is to convince one person that his self-defense story is believable enough.

02-19-13, 09:00 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Charged: bail hearing underway."
Not to mention that pesky cultural aspect of treating women as disposable toys: play with, break, throw away, repeat.

02-20-13, 09:28 AM (EST)
20. "The 2,000 Foot Witness."
Any competent defense attorney would be drooling right now. You'd need someone with extremely accurate hearing, open windows, favorable wind currents, the ability to exactly identify speakers at that kind of distance... We're talking about precision audio accuracy at roughly four-tenths of a mile.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackandfield/story/_/id/8965442/police-say-no-inconsistencies-oscar-pistorius-account

A lot may depend on whether their CSI people can definitively establish not only the position of the shooter, but the height. Normally you have to make arguments on whether the killer was standing, kneeling, trying to look through any keyhole, jumping up and down so as to make it look like a taller person fired the gun -- but here we have a defendant who actually has two height measurements: bladed and non.

I want to question his claim of walking on his stumps in an emergency, but I'm not familiar with the exact point of his amputation, much less how much scar tissue he has built up there and how quickly he can move without the blades. Some amputees can get a decent burst of speed up -- but as a runner heading into a hazardous situation, wouldn't most people have taken the time to get themselves into sprint mode? Then again, I don't know where the blades are in the room or how long it takes to don them.

It could be easy to confuse a jury with this. A single judge...

02-20-13, 07:56 PM (EST)
21. "At least his name wasn't Mark."
http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackandfield/story/_/id/8965442/lead-oscar-pistorius-detective-offers-confusing-testimony

The shell isn't the only thing going into the toilet.

02-21-13, 07:38 AM (EST)
22. "RE: At least his name wasn't Mark."
It gets better.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20130221/pistorius-detective-murder-charges.ap/?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp

I'm stunned by the sheer incompetence of this cop. I know S. Africa isn't a good place to be a cop but this is the best guy they could put forth for such a high profile case?

02-21-13, 09:31 AM (EST)
23. "RE: At least his name wasn't Mark."
*blink*

Unholy @#$%. 'Who's more qualified than me to lead a murder investigation? Anyone else here been on the receiving end of one? I don't think so!'

Okay, attempted murder. But still -- seven counts, so if you say each one equals one-seventh of an actual murder...

"Totally weird" came across as an understatement. It's as if someone is writing this bail hearing as crack fic. And succeeding.

02-21-13, 12:22 PM (EST)
24. "RE: At least his name wasn't Mark."
They should have hired Precious Ramotswe, Botswana's first lady detective at "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" in the first place.

02-21-13, 03:41 PM (EST)
25. "Copout..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-13 AT 03:47 PM (EST)

...copin.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackandfield/story/_/id/8970191/lead-investigator-oscar-pistorius-case-replaced

Are bail hearings supposed to go on this long?

I do agree that the South Africa police force compares to any other in the world. I've seen precincts being this incompetent on a global scale. And having the judge appear to have any thought whatsoever about public perception of the case is just scary. We don't need another Ito.

Meanwhile, Nike takes the bullet out of the chamber.

02-22-13, 11:10 AM (EST)
26. "Bail granted."
$113,000 (10% up front), must surrender all passports and additional weapons, cannot leave district without notifying authorities and getting permission, barred from estate.

No comment.

02-22-13, 11:50 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Bail granted."

A four day bail hearing. To see if a guy with no lower legs was a flight risk.

He was pretty fast at the Olympics, though.

http://tiny.cc/runningfromthelaw

03-28-13, 09:22 AM (EST)
28. "Travel restrictions lifted."
He is now allowed to leave the country as long as he's participating in a foreign athletic event and provides a travel schedule at least a week in advance. Because there is no possible way he's checking the track & field calendar for major meets taking place in nations without extradition laws. Except because it's a darkly amusing thing to do.

*sigh*

The entire nation is just begging for it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •