The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-16-13, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriends.

I call dibs on that name.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... PepeLePew13 01-16-13 1
   RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... AyaK 01-17-13 2
   RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... byoffer 01-17-13 3
       RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... PepeLePew13 01-17-13 4
           RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... Estee 01-17-13 5
 RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... PepeLePew13 01-17-13 6
   RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... byoffer 01-17-13 7
       RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... PepeLePew13 01-17-13 8
           RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... Estee 01-17-13 9
 Different kinds of failings. Estee 01-17-13 10
 RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... byoffer 01-17-13 11
 RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... PepeLePew13 01-17-13 12
 The all-Te'o Mailbag. Estee 01-18-13 13
 New verb: Te'oing. Estee 01-18-13 14
   RE: New verb: Te'oing. cahaya 01-18-13 15
   RE: New verb: Te'oing. PepeLePew13 01-18-13 17
       RE: New verb: Te'oing. byoffer 01-19-13 21
 RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... PepeLePew13 01-18-13 16
 His version. Estee 01-19-13 18
   RE: His version. PepeLePew13 01-19-13 20
       RE: His version. Estee 01-19-13 22
 Taiwanese News Treatment PepeLePew13 01-19-13 19
 A near-ultimate DAW heard from. Estee 01-30-13 23
 He might pay for this one. Estee 01-31-13 24
 RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect F... michel 02-04-13 25
 It made sense at the time. Estee 02-25-13 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-16-13, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-16-13 AT 09:46 PM (EST)

Very odd story.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

I believe Te'o was in on it - either that, or he's really the dumbest person on earth. I don't think Te'o is that dumb, so...

ETA: here's a quote from an interview:
In an interview with ESPN for "College GameDay" on Oct. 2, Te'o said that Kekua's last words to him were "I love you." He also said that she was "the most beautiful girl I've ever met."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-13, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
He's a scumbag. Grade A Deluxe, from the way this reads.

I'm glad this fraudster and his band of PR men got owned by Alabama.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-13, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
I was starting to think that I was the dumbest player on earth, since I couldn't figure out how someone could have a fake girlfriend and not know it. I was thinking maybe it was Hawaiian thing, like an arranged marriage.

This article has a much better back-story explanation than the previous one I had seen.

01-17-13, 11:36 AM (EST)
4. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
Really... he's calling himself the victim of an elaborate hoax, but it's hard to feel sorry for him because if he truly was victimized, he set himself up with his own elaborate string of lies telling people (family, interviews, etc.) he met her and everything.

Best joke I've seen:
Alabama running backs are also reeling - they aren't sure if Manti Te'o exists either.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-13, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
Do you think his forecast draft position just went intangible? I'm seeing competing viewpoints in the articles: some believe his Top Five status is officially dead (with varying degrees of freefall ahead), while others believe there will be an NFL team who won't care as long as he keeps tackling people, and will say so before the picks hit a half-dozen.

I can't see him plummeting all the way off the boards, but we've seen teams take chances on bigger problems in the first round.

01-17-13, 12:04 PM (EST)
6. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
The story gets weirder.

Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

When reached by ESPN.com on Wednesday night, former University of Washington and NFL quarterback Marques Tuiasosopo acknowledged that he is a cousin of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo but said he never had met or heard of Kekua.

Mauia said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."

01-17-13, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
Schrodinger's girlfriend paradox??
Can someone who may or may not have ever existed be considered dead?

01-17-13, 01:36 PM (EST)
8. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-13 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

Lennay Kekua's Twitter was reactivated last night after the proverbial crap hit the fan...

L K ‏@LennayKay
I will be releasing a statement, via twitter, between 11am and noon today.
Details
1h

L K ‏@LennayKay
It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow
Details
14h

{Oh, but it was fair to drag Manti Te'o into this and expose him as a source of national humilation? Assuming, of course, that Manti is 100% victim, which I am still not buying}

01-17-13, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8852980/is-manti-teo-liar-victim-college-football

The story itself may be a Schrodinger situation: purest either-or. There are permutations: she exists, but never had leukemia and broke off the relationship with a convenient offscreen death. Now there's a lie that gets you out of the usual aftermath... Someone is posting: right now, that's all we know. It's not as if Twitter is impossible to hack.

(BTW, that's a new one. 'Anything I have to say can be doled out a hundred and forty characters at a time.')

Do you think the birthers would like some fresh exercise? I bet they can prove she's in Kenya.

01-17-13, 04:30 PM (EST)
10. "Different kinds of failings."
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/47831/the-catfishing-of-manti-teo-and-the-complications-of-online-affairs

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8854036/malcolm-gladwell-chuck-klosterman-manti-teo

Those clay feet are a bitch.

01-17-13, 05:08 PM (EST)
11. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
This made me chuckle:

Fake question NFL GMs will ask Manti Te'o

01-17-13, 09:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
The stench is getting worse:

(From ESPN)

The revelation of the hoax has been far-reaching. A Notre Dame graduate who launched a campaign to raise money for a cancer research group in memory of Te'o's girlfriend says he is "shell-shocked" to learn the woman didn't exist.

Dan Tudesco, a 2006 graduate who now works in public relations in New York, set up an online account at fundraising website indiegogo.com on Jan. 9 to solicit $5,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Inc. The initial pitch said donations would go to the society in memory of Lennay Kekua and in honor of Te'o, "two individuals who have been an inspiration to us through an iconic season."

Tudesco said he and three friends got the fundraising idea after seeing a video that went viral of Te'o holding his head in dismay during the Irish's 42-14 loss to Alabama in the national championship game.

The goal was to turn the loss -- and the player's sudden popularity -- into something positive.

"I think we were all kind of disappointed in the result of the game ... and the Manti story was very inspirational," Tudesco told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Notre Dame took notice of Tudesco's tweets about the fund drive and sent a university videographer to shoot an interview with him. The video was posted on the Notre Dame athletics YouTube channel Tuesday.

Tudesco said he didn't believe Notre Dame was aware of the hoax when it promoted his fundraiser.

"It would surprise me that Notre Dame would want to promote this if they knew something like this was going on," Tudesco said.

However, Notre Dame officials said Wednesday that they became aware of the hoax on Dec. 26, nearly two weeks before the championship game. University spokesman Dennis Brown didn't immediately respond to a request seeking comment Thursday.

01-18-13, 02:47 PM (EST)
13. "The all-Te'o Mailbag."
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8856794/the-all-teo-mailbag

Note the included updates.

Given the usual patterns of the Internet as a whole, I'm now waiting for the first media member to question him on the existence of his grandmother.

01-18-13, 02:58 PM (EST)
14. "New verb: Te'oing."
To take a picture of oneself posing with one's imaginary friend and post it on the Internet.

...no, really.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-13, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: New verb: Te'oing."
With the subject of the verb, there's also the object of the verb.

He Te'oed her.

01-18-13, 08:59 PM (EST)
17. "RE: New verb: Te'oing."
Te'oing and Tebowing ... when you kneel down with your arm around an imaginary person.

Two overrated football players united in eternity if we can get this to stick.

01-19-13, 03:11 PM (EST)
21. "RE: New verb: Te'oing."
So both guys worship(ed) dead people. I wonder if (when?) Lennay Kekua will return to save humanity.

01-18-13, 08:58 PM (EST)
16. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
And so it begins...

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8855822/florence-freedom-ballclub-manti-teo-girlfriend-bobblehead-day

01-19-13, 12:10 PM (EST)
18. "His version."
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8859077/manti-teo-notre-dame-fighting-irish-denies-being-part-hoax-late-girlfriend

01-19-13, 12:26 PM (EST)
20. "RE: His version."
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-13 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

Confirms that he's one of the dumbest people on earth.

Schaap asked why Te'o didn't go to see Kekua in the hospital.

"It never really crossed my mind. I don't know. I was in school," he said.

Got to wonder about his future marriage prospects. That is really going to go over big, "It never really crossed my mind."

If I'm an NFL talent evaluator, I tell the personnel director to stay far away from him on Draft Day - Te'o has clearly shown he can be thrown off his game so what's going to stop the opposing players from letting loose a steady stream of trash-talk about his dating habits and his imaginary performance against Bama in the national championship game?

01-19-13, 04:23 PM (EST)
22. "RE: His version."
On the other hand:

'Are you sure it was a good idea to sign over total control of all your assets after three dates?'

'I don't know. It never really crossed my mind.'

Well, he wouldn't be the first male whose idea of a perfect girlfriend was someone he never had to personally display affection to or stand by in a time of medical crisis -- right, Newt?

I realize he was probably never a major Heisman candidate -- defense -- but how relieved is the voter base not to have had his name called? Now all they have to worry about is his inevitable self-destruct at the pro level, just like nearly every other recent candidate. No affiliation with them at all!

01-19-13, 12:22 PM (EST)
19. "Taiwanese News Treatment"

01-30-13, 01:08 PM (EST)
23. "A near-ultimate DAW heard from."
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8896921/ronaiah-tuiasosopo-dr-phil-mcgraw-voice-manti-teo-not-it

As I am once again reminded that to push Phil McGraw out of the path of a speeding train is to show undue concern for the safety of the train.

01-31-13, 04:45 PM (EST)
24. "He might pay for this one."
"You've heard of recovering drug addicts? It takes a lot of courage to stand and say that. To recover from homosexuality and this type of thing."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8900688/ronaiah-tuiasosopo-says-was-love-manti-teo

So at a guess, he's about to pursue the endorsement dollars of Straight Camp. They've been looking for someone stupid enough to serve as spokesperson for so long...

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-13, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: My 2013 Politically Incorrect Fantasy Football team name will be..."
If you want that name then you should be forced to use the defense that drafts him!

02-25-13, 02:42 PM (EST)
26. "It made sense at the time."
Te'o scheduled a press conference at the NFL combine -- a gathering he was more than two hours late for.

After the first few minutes, several of the reporters present looked at the empty podium, decided his girlfriend was clearly going first, and began interviewing her.

He eventually said nothing for fifteen minutes and left.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •