The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"2012 NFL RTVW Suicide Pool: Lose-Off Phase #1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-12, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"2012 NFL RTVW Suicide Pool: Lose-Off Phase #1"
All picks due by 7:50 p.m. EDT Thursday, September 27th.

Let's just add this to the list of things the NFL's idiotic nickel-holds-up-a-billion-dollars referee lockout has ruined.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

should we just call it Odinsleep?

Starshine

either he went with a smile or that's Joker gas

ScubaSteve

three and oh crap

Tribephyl

attempted to train their dragons

MaxHeadroom

hid in bush just before terrified mistrained dragon got there

Byoffer

it's not as if a little teenage mischief from a reverted deity of chaos could hurt anything, right?

Estee

nervous condition

VisionQuest

choked on artificial zebra

KidFlash

We all warned Wally about that appetite.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Right. Everybody. A combination of upsets and escaped Foot Locker employees just wiped out the field. In Week #3. Which means I have to design an eight-way lose-off. If I wasn't totally against frivolous lawsuits, I would so totally be dragging the NFL into court right now for mental distress...

*looks at schedule*

So naturally it's a @#%^ing bye week for two teams. So much for even division.

Okay, clearly finding a way to work this out in one week is either going to wind up a majestically unfair or take a lot more math skills than I've got. So we're going to start by playing Schedule Round Robin.

(No, not you.)

Starting with the Thursday game and working down the schedule, I will assign the first person in line the first three games of the week. This player must pick the loser for all three. (Previous picks are wiped, as if it really mattered when we didn't get to Week #4). The next person in line will get the last game of those first three, plus the next two in line. When we reach Monday, we cycle back up to the top. And so on through the player list. This means everyone is going to have some game(s) in common with others, but no one will have an exact duplicate.

In order to advance to next week's second round, you need to get at least two of your assigned games three right. And should the artificial zebras wreck things to the point where every player gets all their picks wrong, I give the hell up.

The first player to make a pick last week gets the first three games, and we continue in order from there. So...

KidFlash

Cleveland at Baltimore
Carolina at Atlanta
New England at Buffalo

Starshine

New England at Buffalo
Minnesota at Detroit
San Diego at Kansas City

Scuba Steve

San Diego at Kansas City
Seattle at St. Louis
San Francisco at New York (Jets)

Tribephyl

San Francisco at New York (Jets)
Tennessee at Houston
Miami at Arizona

MaxHeadroom

Miami at Arizona
Cincinnati at Jacksonville
Oakland at Denver

Byoffer

Oakland at Denver
New Orleans at Green Bay
Washington at Tampa Bay

VisionQuest

Washington at Tampa Bay
New York (Giants) at Philadelphia
Chicago at Dallas

Estee

Chicago at Dallas
Cleveland at Baltimore
Carolina at Atlanta

*sigh*

And yes, there was a moment when I considered blowing the whole thing up and starting over. Unfortunately, that's kind of hard to do when your hands go right through the detonator...

What fools these refplacements be.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Bears, Browns, Falcons. Estee 09-25-12 1
 Cleveland-Carolina-Buffalo kidflash212 09-25-12 2
   RE: Cleveland-Carolina-Buffalo kidflash212 09-30-12 9
 Raiders, Saints, Redskins byoffer 09-25-12 3
   RE: Raiders, Saints, Redskins byoffer 10-01-12 11
 RE: 2012 NFL RTVW Suicide Pool: Lo... Max Headroom 09-25-12 4
 @#%^-Off Phase #1 tribephyl 09-26-12 5
 Chiefs, Rams, Jets Scuba Steve 09-26-12 6
   Change: 49ers Scuba Steve 09-27-12 8
       Of course Scuba Steve 09-30-12 10
           RE: Of course byoffer 10-01-12 12
 Tampa Bay - Cleveland - Carolina VisionQuest 09-27-12 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-12, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Bears, Browns, Falcons."
Can we just assign every one of these fake zebras to the next EPMB production and award the winner a million penalty yards?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-25-12, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Cleveland-Carolina-Buffalo"
And now I have to go fill out a job app for NFL ref.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-30-12, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Cleveland-Carolina-Buffalo"
I feel my strength returning already.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-12, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Raiders, Saints, Redskins"
The reFAUXrees seem to be favouring the home teams, so I will pick three road teams to lose.

10-01-12, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Raiders, Saints, Redskins"
Meatloaf said two out of three aint bad, but in this case the Redskins win kills me. Again.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-12, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 2012 NFL RTVW Suicide Pool: Lose-Off Phase #1"
Miami, Jacksonville, Oakland

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-12, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "@#%^-Off Phase #1"
...To the Cardinals for pulling it out of their ass at the most-inopportune time.
...To the faux-ref snafu, for just giving the job a bad name.
...To the hostess for saddling me with a choice between Dolphins and wouldn'tcha @#%^ing know it...Cardinals.
Stung once, all me.
Stung twice, it's you I'm looking for.

Jets go down in flames.
Titans are banished to Tartarus.
and...
CARDINALS @#%^ing lose like they're supposed to.

Actually, MUCH LOVE for giving me the gift of reanimation. The knife slipped, yeah, that's it. I'd just die if I couldn't @#%^ing play in the Suicide Pool.

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-26-12, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Chiefs, Rams, Jets"

09-27-12, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Change: 49ers"
Due to them going cross-country.

09-30-12, 10:45 PM (EST)
10. "Of course"
There's also a thing about sticking with your first instinct.

10-01-12, 00:10 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Of course"
LOL, and ouch.

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-27-12, 07:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Tampa Bay - Cleveland - Carolina"
Let's see how this one goes.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •