The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Get ready"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-29-12, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Get ready"
Because here we go again, and this time the target is apparently 103 medals.

Murderball, proper basketball, Cheating Spaniards, loads more heroes, I just can't wait!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Get ready byoffer 08-29-12 1
 RE: Get ready Starshine 09-08-12 2
   RE: Get ready Snidget 09-08-12 3
   RE: Get ready byoffer 09-08-12 4
       RE: Get ready Starshine 09-09-12 5
   RE: Get ready aethelstan 09-12-12 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-29-12, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Get ready"
At the risk of insulting my heritage, I will respond:

Spanish is a kind of intellectual disability.

I know the Paralympics will never get the same level of attention as the Olympics, but in many ways (aside from the Spanish) the Paralympics are just as spectacular as the Olympics, and often show better sportsmanship.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-08-12, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Get ready"
Well I am honestly baffled, I have been watching some of the best sport I have ever seen, there have been the usual controversies about grading, new controversies about blade lengths, Natalie Du Toit bowing out, Alex Zanardi back on Brands Hatch for the first time in 12 years, and yet no-one on OT seems to want to talk about it.

Well, we had a target of 103 medals, and so far have 116 China are far and away the leading country with 212, we have been competing with Russia all the way in the medals table although I think we will be able to hold on.

Getting a ticket? Forget about it, getting a ticket for the Olympics was so much easier. This is the largest sporting event we have ever held, with the loudest crowd (not counting football or rugby) and frankly has just been so wonderful words cannot do it justice.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-12, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Get ready"
Not sure where, or how much is even being televised, Not even really any news coverage other than they did mention the South African guy we saw in the regular Olympics competed.

Sounds like we are missing out.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-08-23/full-tv-coverage-for-paralympics-just-not-in-us says we are going to get a bit, but sounds like more of a highlight reel after it is over than real coverage.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-12, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Get ready"
*hangs head in shame*

I pride myself as being a sports junkie, and will watch just about anything. As much as I know there are great sports happening, and available on TV each night here in Canada, I have only watched a very little bit. To be honest I find some of the sports confusing, and just didn't make the commitment to figuring out all of the classifications.

I did read the comments from the Bladerunner and how he was upset about the length of the blades other runners were using. I don't recall concern at the Olympics about the length of his blades.

I am glad you are able to enjoy.

09-09-12, 02:42 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Get ready"
OK I'm with you on a few of the sports, the blind football and seated volleyball are two I wouldn't choose to watch again.

Our broadcaster was very good on explaining the differences in classification, although one does have to trust the classifiers as for example S9 means Athletes in this sport class swim with joint restrictions in one leg, double below-the-knee amputations or an amputation of one leg, or Multiple Sclerosis, and judging those fine lines must be very difficult. On the other hand the reclassification of Victoria Arlen has meant that we have had a magnificent series of races between her and our Ellie Simmonds.

We have had four channels broadcasting from about 09:30 until 22:00 with a highlights show from 06:00 to 07:00 (and a "funny things that happened today" show on one of the channels from 22:00 - 22:30) so it has always been quite easy to find something to watch. Wheelchair Basketball and Rugby are my favourites, but the Athletics and Swimming have been wonderful as well.

I have a lot of respect for Oscar Pretorius (although he is damned lucky Johnny Peacock can't run bends), however I think that Natalie Du Toit should be the number 1 (non British) superstar.

I have to admit that I thought the Paralympics would be a bit of a damp squib after the Olympics, but the country has really embraced them, and although it has been broadcast on commercial television they took a lot of people from the BBC to work on commentating etc, and so did a very good job (although it does have to be something exceptional like this to make me watch a channel that has adverts on it).

Not sure what I will be doing next week after watching so much sport for so long.

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-12-12, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Get ready"
I wasn't able to watch any but I followed the Paralympics quite closely online and with their app, cheering on Canadians Huot, Grand-Maison, Mortimer, etc. Was surprised to see former Olympian Lyne Bessette being a guide in the cycling races. She and her partner won gold in the road race.

I say surprised because I seem to recall some controversy in the 2000 Olympics (already 12 years ago??) where we had a couple of strong contenders, Bessette and Jeanson and one was accused on not supporting the other. Having read up on it, I see it was Jeanson accused of not being the team player. Interesting to note that Clara Hughes was 6th in the time trial that year. Close to yet another medal for her!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •