The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-04-12, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
I can sum up the local situation in six wordS:

Sanchez.

Tebow.

Someone's gonna get crucified.

And once Christie gets back, it'll be me.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Jets lead the league! Estee 09-04-12 1
 RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread sittem 09-04-12 2
   RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread Estee 09-04-12 3
       RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread PepeLePew13 09-04-12 4
       RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread sittem 09-05-12 5
           RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread Estee 09-05-12 6
               RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread sittem 09-05-12 7
                   RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread Corvis 09-12-12 36
               RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread sittem 09-05-12 8
 Opening Night: Giants vs. Cowboys. Estee 09-05-12 9
   RE: Opening Night: Giants vs. Cowb... Snidget 09-05-12 10
       RE: Opening Night: Giants vs. Cowb... Estee 09-06-12 11
 Art Modell dies AyaK 09-06-12 12
   This will be in my head for the res... Estee 09-06-12 13
   RE: Art Modell dies byoffer 09-06-12 14
       RE: Art Modell dies AyaK 09-06-12 15
   Meanwhile, in the center... Estee 09-07-12 16
       RE: Meanwhile, in the center... AyaK 09-10-12 27
   RE: Art Modell dies Scuba Steve 09-07-12 17
 Saints players brought back in (tem... Estee 09-08-12 18
 *looks at scoreboard* Estee 09-09-12 19
   RE: *looks at scoreboard* Snidget 09-09-12 20
 RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread Max Headroom 09-09-12 21
   RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread Starshine 09-10-12 23
       RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread PepeLePew13 09-10-12 26
   RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread cahaya 09-10-12 28
       RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread byoffer 09-10-12 29
 Not a complaint, just an annoyance VisionQuest 09-10-12 22
   RE: Not a complaint, just an annoya... samboohoo 09-10-12 24
       RE: Not a complaint, just an annoya... samboohoo 09-10-12 25
 Brandon Weeden's QB rating. Estee 09-12-12 30
   RE: Brandon Weeden's QB rating. PepeLePew13 09-12-12 31
   RE: Brandon Weeden's QB rating. Snidget 09-12-12 32
       RE: Brandon Weeden's QB rating. cahaya 09-12-12 34
   RE: Brandon Weeden's QB rating. VisionQuest 09-12-12 33
       RE: Brandon Weeden's QB rating. Estee 09-12-12 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-04-12, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The Jets lead the league!"
...the draft order in the Bad Quarterback League.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/35998/introducing-the-bqbl-failure-machine-also-grantlands-bqbl-draft

*sigh* Must be a bonus points for back covers rule this year. The Jets are widely expected to go around 7-9, with heavy side betting on just how many starting QB switches get made. (The regional cash is on Game #6 for Tebow Old Time Religion: pray for an interception and ye shall receive.) They won't make the playoffs, but they should lead all of America in tabloids.

The Giants? Nobody knows. The local joke is that the two Super Bowl teams of last season went in opposite directions -- on the schedule: the Giants are supposed to have the hardest one in the NFL and the Patriots somehow got the easiest. 10-6 might win the division -- but finding ten wins on that list is the hard part.

Personal expectations: the Jets get totally distracted by the locker room blood sacrifices and tumble down to 5-11 no matter who the QB is. The Giants are out of the playoffs by Week #14 and finish at .500. Charisma-Free keeps his job. Ryan does as well, but goes on his last chance.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-04-12, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
Wednesday night football - are you kidding me? What genious....
I hate all these night game - gotta stay up until 3-4 a.m. if I want to watch.

Jets and Giants both finish at 10-6 and against all odds both sneak into the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl with theJ ets winning it all by a score of 9-7 with you know who leading the way. It is ordained!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

09-04-12, 05:12 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
In roughly 68% of the country, that post would be enough to get you into a mental institution. Involuntarily.

In the remaining 32%, it gets you a screaming match with Skip Bayless.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-12, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
And in 100% of the comments sections, people will be posting Tebow messages in the same vein as Chuck Norris messages so quickly that the eyeball won't be able to keep up with all the glog postings.

09-05-12, 04:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
Well - it's all about fun here!

Personally, I hope they both go 0-16. My biggest fear? One of them will have a better record than GB. I'm not feeling very confident this year.

09-05-12, 07:26 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
Uh-huh. Y'do realize that most of the experts are picking the Packers to take the North, the NFC Super Bowl slot, and the whole thing with a reasonable chance to go undefeated?

09-05-12, 11:56 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
Of course I do. I read two Wisconsin sports pages every day online. Having those high expectations makes me very nervouse. I'm of the glass half empty persuasion. When I make my picks every week I'm just as likely to pick against them so that if they lose I at least got my pick right. If they win who cares. So, I protect myself by having low expectations over something I have absolutely no control over so that in the event there is some failure I won't be quite as disappointed.

I'll be starting therapy next week.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-12-12, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
You should be very nervous.

Especially after the Pack goes 0-2!

Da Bears!

09-05-12, 01:02 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-12 AT 01:03 PM (EST)

Here's an example - I just went and read this after my last post. This is a short quote from a long newspaper article in Milwaukee:

"Some expect the Packers not even to skip a beat in the season ahead. Thompson (Ted the GM) probably isn't one of them, and neither am I (the writer).

This season looks like one of struggle in Green Bay. What the National Football League giveth, it can quickly taketh away."

edited to add - the writer's forecast is 10-6 but still winning the division

09-05-12, 08:06 PM (EST)
9. "Opening Night: Giants vs. Cowboys."
Feel that hate.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-12, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Opening Night: Giants vs. Cowboys."
Leaking over from SYTYCD's Mia Michael's routine? Although I think some of the head to head contact in the dance might have gotten some fineage if it had been a couple of networks over.

09-06-12, 07:51 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Opening Night: Giants vs. Cowboys."
Maybe more of a leak from Big Brother, since you could argue last night for, if not an epic fail, at least a complete inability to see the totally obvious. Owsie. Yeah, let's start off the title non-defense the way every one begins: by making people wonder how you ever got it in the first place.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-12, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Art Modell dies"
Hopefully his final illness was long and painful.

If you see where he's being buried, let me know, so that I can go urinate on his grave.

09-06-12, 08:32 AM (EST)
13. "This will be in my head for the rest of the day."
So you're saying you've gotta go on Mo's?

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-12, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Art Modell dies"
Was it Mark Twain who had a quote about not wishing death upon someone, but certainly enjoying the news? (and I am sure I am blowing the reference).

Do you suppose the devil-trucks came in during the night to sneak Modell from this world?

09-06-12, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Art Modell dies"
This is one of the few times that I'm sorry I'm not religious, because if there was a he11, Art Modell would already have checked in for a nice long stay.

09-07-12, 04:14 PM (EST)
16. "Meanwhile, in the center..."
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/36291/art-modell-a-view-from-clevleand

I probably don't want to seek out the columns from the local papers. The computer might catch fire.

09-10-12, 10:36 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Meanwhile, in the center..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-12 AT 10:37 AM (EST)

Yahoo! sportswriter Jeff Passan's father was Rich Passan, who covered the Browns for the Cleveland Plain Dealer for years and then was "retired" when Modell bailed with the team.

His column will suffice for those of us who've since left:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---feelings-of-nothingness-linger-after-death-of-art-modell--the-man-who-stole-cleveland-s-soul-.html

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-07-12, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Art Modell dies"
Good riddance. I hope Satan was there to greet him personally.

09-08-12, 05:40 AM (EST)
18. "Saints players brought back in (temporarily)."
Arbitration panel overturned the suspensions: NFL reinstated them with the clause that Goodell will find another way to get them out as soon as the weekend is over. Coach suspensions still stand.

Those halos may be just a little bit tarnished.

09-09-12, 07:11 PM (EST)
19. "*looks at scoreboard*"
I refuse to believe you're all this happy.

09-09-12, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: *looks at scoreboard*"
Operation Cam-jinx appears to be alive and well.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-12, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
I hate fantasy football. There's nothing like four teams with four losses to ruin a perfectly good day.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-10-12, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
So the person who beat me this week with Max Headroom as their ID photo isn't you?

09-10-12, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
Well... at the time, Big Serial had yet to play for his team, so he's now ahead. He's also got Ray Rice going tonight, so he's got a win in the bag unless Rice fumbles two times without gaining any yardage.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-12, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
Hah, Week 1 and you already hate fantasy football! That sounds familiar...

I wish I had the time to play competitively this year, but I don't, so maybe next season.

And are you ready to jump ship to the Broncos? Hey, they've got Manning, Stokley and Tamme, it's like old times!

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-12, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
And are you ready to jump ship to the Broncos? Hey, they've got Manning, Stokley and Tamme and a winning record!!, it's like old times!

Fixed that for you.

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-10-12, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Not a complaint, just an annoyance"
Washington Redskins QB putting Griffin III on his jersey and the announcers calling him Griffin the third really irritates me. No idea why.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-12, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Not a complaint, just an annoyance"
There is another Griffin on defense.

I agree with your annoyance with calling him Griffin the third. Frankly, I think they should just call him RG3.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-12, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Not a complaint, just an annoyance"
Ahhh, so that's what a QB looks like.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

09-12-12, 09:23 AM (EST)
30. "Brandon Weeden's QB rating."

...what?

09-12-12, 11:19 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Brandon Weeden's QB rating."
And he'll be 29 next month. He was drafted to make a difference now and won't be allowed to grow into the role, like, say, Andrew Luck or Ryan Tannehill.

This has the makings of yet another disastrous year in Cleveland.

09-12-12, 12:17 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Brandon Weeden's QB rating."
Hey, it's been years since someone's gotten a zero rating, someone needs to be going for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_quarterbacks_who_have_posted_a_passer_rating_of_zero

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-12, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Brandon Weeden's QB rating."
Some notable names on that list...

Johnny U, Archie & Eli Manning, and Broadway Joe.

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-12-12, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Brandon Weeden's QB rating."
And the Browns still almost beat the Eagles.

09-12-12, 12:53 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Brandon Weeden's QB rating."
Well, you kind of had to see VickDogAbuser's stats. Getting four interceptions of his very own didn't help much.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •