The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Women's BB Tourney Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-16-12, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Women's BB Tourney Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-12 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

They're usually isn't much interest, but as the group slogan says: "So few play, you're guaranteed to place in Top 3!"

ID# 2333

Name: SBOT WBB
Pwd: rtvw

ETA: I may be the worst game host in RTVW history.

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/w1/group/2333

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge samboohoo 03-16-12 1
   RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge mrc 03-16-12 2
       RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge samboohoo 03-16-12 3
 RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge byoffer 03-19-12 4
   Round 2 byoffer 03-20-12 5
   RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge kingfish 03-20-12 6
 RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge samboohoo 03-26-12 7
 As promised mrc 04-04-12 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-12, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge"
I think we need some sort of ID Number. I just tried and couldn't get it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-16-12, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge"
Edited my post.

03-16-12, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge"

Mr. Commish.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-12, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge"
I had meant to enter but got busy and forgot. But I had a look at the round 1 results and am reminded about how shallow the women's tournament is. Through the first 32 games, there were only 4 upsets. One of those was a #9 beating a #8 (barely an upset). The highest seed to lose was #4 Georgia.

And the top teams tended to really dominate their opponents. The four #1 seeds won by an average margin of 32.5 points (including Baylor pounding UCSB 81-40). The four #2 seeds won by an average margin of 19.8 points (remember that half of the men's #2 seeds actually lost).

I am not sure why the women's game is so much less competitive. Shallower talent pool, I guess. Hopefully future rounds will be a little more interesting.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-12, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Round 2"
and the blow-outs continue.

#1 UConn over #8 Kansas St - 72-26!!

The round is still young, but at least most of the other games seem closer than in round one, and already two upsets this round(#11 Gonzaga continues to roll).

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-12, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge"
Shallow talent pool is indeed one of the reasons. DePaul, with the top scorer in the nation, Anna Martin, only has 7 players on their active roster. But the women play a tough and skillful game with bone jarring strength if not above the rim height, and the games are fast and exciting.

I find that I'm more entertained by Women's NCAA BB thn the Men's this year. There are some incredibly exciting games (to go with the blowouts), and the drama last year of national champion TA&M Aggies beating Baylor in the final four and then Notre Dame to become National Champions. A&M, a traditionally male college with a strong military history winning the Women's National championship is mind blowing! And having to beat Baylor to whom they had lost to three time during the season and season ending tournament.

That was drama. And they may meet again in this year's tournament, Baylor the #1 Nationally ranked team (coached by the a former National champ as coach and player, former La. Tech. standout Kim Mulkey, whom I remember from her college days) and led on the court by maybe the best women's collegiate BB player ever, Britney Griner, and returning National champs #3 seed Texas A&M, with a sometimes brilliant point guard (and cutie pie) Alexis English.

I would have entered the pool had I noticed that it was there. I ought to get out of "Other Topics" more, I guess.

03-26-12, 04:06 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Women's BB Tourney Challenge"
I am totally kicking aras in this pool, and I just guessed at the picks.

04-04-12, 09:40 AM (EST)
8. "As promised"
Everyone who played made the Top 3.

1. SDG's Bracket 147
2. Boo'n it for the Girls 76
3. Soaring Sardines 68

A Slice of Manga

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •