The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This lobster is STEAMED...OU-UNC fallout"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-23-12, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This lobster is STEAMED...OU-UNC fallout"
So picture this. Ohio University, the biggest underdog in recent history to have an actual fighting chance, is actually up in the closing minutes against powerhouse (and Obama pick to go all the way) North Carolina. Star player D.J. Cooper gets a fast-break and a chance to make it a three-point game and potentially put NC in a very tough spot.

The layup is contested and doesn't go in. OK, no problem. But the defender brings down his arm on Cooper and whacks him in the eye. Meanwhile, no foul is called, Cooper is delayed getting back on defense, and NC sinks an uncontested three because OU's a man short on defense.

Take away the no-call and you take away the uncontested three, and realistically, OU probably wins. Instead, it goes to OT and NC, given an undeserved second chance, puts it away.

First UNC-Asheville gets jobbed, allowing Syracuse to advance, and now OU gets jobbed, allowing UNC to advance. It's a little late in the tournament for a serious underdog to get the same treatment to bring it up to "three times is a conspiracy," but let's just say that it's time for the NCAA to begin putting in a solid instant replay system modeled after the NFL's, if for no other games than the NCAA Tournament.

I don't know which is more infuriating - the loss, which could have been a win if the refs weren't boneheads, or my wife, a fellow OU alum, scolding, "It's just a game."

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This lobster is STEAMED...OU-UN... PepeLePew13 03-24-12 1
   RE: This lobster is STEAMED...OU-UN... Colonel Zoidberg 03-24-12 2
 RE: This lobster is STEAMED...OU-UN... byoffer 03-26-12 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-12, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This lobster is STEAMED...OU-UNC fallout"
I didn't see the play or any highlights (yet) but that's a bummer about OU coming close. It would certainly have helped if the 'star' player didn't shoot 15% from the field (3 for 20) or this whole discussion would have been moot.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-24-12, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This lobster is STEAMED...OU-UNC fallout"
I think UNC figured out how to stop him - it's kind of hard to shoot for anything when you're getting double-teamed all night. I noticed another player seemed to carry the offensive load for OU. All those double-teams might have had something to do with that.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-26-12, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This lobster is STEAMED...OU-UNC fallout"
Maybe this NC politician was involved.

So many Duke haters, so little time.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •