The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NFL Bounties"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-12, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NFL Bounties"
Apparently Goodell doesn't like them.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlPEcE5Kv1J33UagMBHL8RBShgM6?slug=ms-silver_sean_payton_saints_bounty_roger_goodell_032112

Payton is suspended for a full year, and loses about $7.5M. Wow.

I am all for eliminating bounties, especially if that helps reduce some of the injuries.

But I can't help thinking that the Saints are getting blasted for something that a lot of teams are doing.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NFL Bounties Snidget 03-21-12 1
 RE: NFL Bounties PepeLePew13 03-22-12 2
 RE: NFL Bounties kingfish 03-22-12 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-12, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NFL Bounties"
I suspect there may be something to the idea they were the team that was stupid enough to get caught at it, rather than they are the only team that does it.

With penalties this stiff some teams may give it up, but I wonder how many are just going to get a lot smarter about how they do it.

Spring has Sprung with Tribe

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-12, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NFL Bounties"
The difference is that Goodell went to the owner of the Saints a couple of years ago when he first heard some stories about a bounty system, then Benson told his GM Mickey Loomis to shut it down if there was in fact one. Loomis ignored his owner.

Payton was approached during the playoffs of this past season by Goodell about the bounty system. He claimed to not know anything about it. Evidence has come up that he did.

There was a systematic process of disregarding the NFL on this matter, which is why the NFL came down hard on the Saints. The Saints had a chance to do something about it when the investigation started up and they chose to ignore it. I have no doubt that many other teams also had a bounty system of some sort going on, but they evidently weren't flaunting it as much.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-12, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NFL Bounties"
Hey, in New Orleans, it's a time honored tradition to put bounties (or contracts, and they are often called) on people.

Goodell just didn't know of this tradition. But maybe he's about to find out.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •