The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NFL playoffs empty set weekend complaining thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-14-12, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NFL playoffs empty set weekend complaining thread."
See y'all on Monday.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Pregame hyperbole Snidget 01-14-12 1
   7-0 Pats PepeLePew13 01-14-12 2
       14:0 Pats Snidget 01-14-12 4
           28:7 Pats Snidget 01-14-12 6
               35:7 Pats Snidget 01-14-12 7
                   QB comparison... PepeLePew13 01-14-12 8
                       RE: QB comparison... Snidget 01-14-12 10
                           RE: QB comparison... PepeLePew13 01-14-12 11
                               RE: QB comparison... Snidget 01-14-12 12
                                   RE: QB comparison... PepeLePew13 01-15-12 13
                                       RE: QB comparison... Snidget 01-15-12 14
                                           RE: QB comparison... AyaK 01-16-12 33
                                       RE: QB comparison... Estee 01-16-12 30
           RE: 14:0 Pats AyaK 01-16-12 32
               RE: 14:0 Pats Estee 01-16-12 35
                   RE: 14:0 Pats AyaK 01-18-12 42
               RE: 14:0 Pats Snidget 01-18-12 36
                   RE: 14:0 Pats Estee 01-18-12 39
 RE: NFL playoffs empty set weekend ... samboohoo 01-14-12 3
   RE: NFL playoffs empty set weekend ... Max Headroom 01-14-12 5
   RE: NFL playoffs empty set weekend ... cahaya 01-15-12 15
 RE: NFL playoffs empty set weekend ... Max Headroom 01-14-12 9
 *points and laughs at cahaya* Max Headroom 01-15-12 16
   RE: *points and laughs at cahaya* Snidget 01-15-12 17
       RE: *points and laughs at cahaya* cahaya 01-15-12 18
 RE: NFL playoffs empty set weekend ... Max Headroom 01-15-12 19
 *thud* Max Headroom 01-15-12 20
   RE: *thud* Snidget 01-15-12 21
       RE: *thud* HobbsofMI 01-15-12 22
           RE: *thud* Snidget 01-15-12 23
 Weekend thoughts. Estee 01-16-12 24
   RE: Weekend thoughts. Snidget 01-16-12 26
       RE: Weekend thoughts. Estee 01-16-12 28
   RE: Weekend thoughts. Max Headroom 01-16-12 27
       RE: Weekend thoughts. Estee 01-16-12 29
           RE: Weekend thoughts. AyaK 01-16-12 34
 Discount Double Choke samboohoo 01-16-12 25
 Next week's Vegas lines. Estee 01-16-12 31
   RE: Next week's Vegas lines. cahaya 01-18-12 37
       Justified guideline breakage. Estee 01-18-12 38
           RE: Justified guideline breakage. cahaya 01-18-12 40
               RE: Justified guideline breakage. Estee 01-18-12 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-12, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Pregame hyperbole"
Apparently if I jinx Tebow or if any team beats him ever again we are depriving this generation of kids, and probably all future generations of kids of the one and only example of a good person who can win and they will never have a hero to look up to.

Just hand him all the super bowl rings for the next couple of dozen years now, or all is lost.

Although one of the other not quite as much of an idjits yaking for an hour before the game starts did try to qualify the Tebow being the only good person in all of creation by saying there had to be other good people in the NFL they just aren't getting the same attention, but that led to crickets and a quick moving on to something else as no one else wanted to join the heretic in that kind of blasphemy.

And 316 isn't a yardage no one has thrown before or no one can every throw again, come on. I know humans will find meaning in random numbers, but egad.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-12, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "7-0 Pats"
Well... that didn't take long. Less than two minutes into the game, the Pats open with a TD on a pass to Welker.

01-14-12, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "14:0 Pats"
And the Tebow Disciples announcing the game were certain that second TD pass would be overturned.

*cackle*

01-14-12, 10:37 PM (EST)
6. "28:7 Pats"
*whistles innocently*

01-14-12, 10:46 PM (EST)
7. "35:7 Pats"

01-14-12, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "QB comparison..."
Tebow: 3/10, 28 yards, 0 TD
Brady: 18/25, 246 yards, 5 TD

01-14-12, 11:12 PM (EST)
10. "RE: QB comparison..."
But Tebow is God's Gift to football...the numbers must be wrong!

01-14-12, 11:16 PM (EST)
11. "RE: QB comparison..."
Make it 42-7 now.

And I like this little tidbit:

Div Playoffs Leaders

Passing Yards 1. D. Brees, NO, 462 | 2. A. Smith, SF, 299 | 3. T. Brady, NE, 280 | 4. T. Tebow, DEN, 28

01-14-12, 11:33 PM (EST)
12. "RE: QB comparison..."
I'm tired, but I must stay up to jinx...

01-15-12, 00:01 AM (EST)
13. "RE: QB comparison..."
Go ahead... it's over! Time for Tebow to start practicing his golf swing for the pro-am matchup with Tiger coming up.

01-15-12, 00:22 AM (EST)
14. "RE: QB comparison..."
I did not know Brady could punt like that. He's got a good leg on him.

And then a hockey game broke out...

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-12, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: QB comparison..."
Interestingly, the Patriots haven't had Brady punt in years -- since before the second Super Bowl win. It was fun to see it again.

01-16-12, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: QB comparison..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-16-12 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

The story I saw has Tiger pairing with Tony Romo.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/golf/story/_/id/7467220/source-tiger-woods-pair-dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-pro-am

Which at least makes conversation between playing partners into a remote possibility. What on Earth would Woods and Tubya have to say to each other?

"You're going to Hell."
"You're going to have a driver head where your teeth used to be."

01-16-12, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: 14:0 Pats"
>And the Tebow Disciples announcing the game were certain that second
>TD pass would be overturned.

We Patriots fans know better than to complain about announcing, because it just comes across as sour grapes, but there is nobody who is more anti-Patriots than Phil Simms. I've always believed (without any evidence) that it goes back to his support for Ray Handley over Bill Belichick as Giants coach when Bill Parcells retired the first time. It's like he regards every Belichick victory as a personal affront to his judgment, and so his instinctive reaction is to advocate against the Patriots.

I don't think his (and his sycophant Jim Nantz's) take on the Gronkowski catch was motivated by Tebow preference as much as by Belichick dislike.

Ouch.

01-16-12, 11:52 PM (EST)
35. "RE: 14:0 Pats"
I'm told (by a biased, semi-reliable source) that some Patriots fans are openly and proudly rooting for the Giants right now, with the intent of setting up that rematch and getting revenge. Is there any truth to that?

01-18-12, 05:41 PM (EST)
42. "RE: 14:0 Pats"
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-12 AT 05:50 PM (EST)

Yes. A reporter for the Boston Herald said that he was at a sports bar during the Giants-Packers game, and that's what the people there were doing.

Right now, the co-host of Boston's top-rated morning show is openly doing the same thing.

Edited to add: The idea of a Patriots-Giants Super Bowl matchup four seasons later somehow amounting to a game for "revenge" seems pretty silly to me. Really, about all that's the same between the two teams are the coaches and QBs. But I guess I'm outside of the mainstream.

And here I thought the big story of the week would be the possibility of a Ravens-49ers "Brother Bowl". But not in Boston.

01-18-12, 08:27 AM (EST)
36. "RE: 14:0 Pats"
In any case, given I had no real dog in that fight I noticed the announcing seemed overly biased.

I'm starting to understand why my Dad had a habit of watching the game on TV while listening to it on the radio.

Some of the sports announcers make American Idol judges look fair and objective.

01-18-12, 11:46 AM (EST)
39. "RE: 14:0 Pats"
Since FOX has used its infinite wisdumb to schedule an audition episode right after Sunday's game, you'll be getting a chance for a direct comparison.

I know the premiere is tonight. I'm trying not to think about it. Sixty Scotty clones all in a row...

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-12, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NFL playoffs empty set weekend complaining thread."
I hope you didn't just miss one heck of a game.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-12, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NFL playoffs empty set weekend complaining thread."
DS is a big Saints fan and that game was a big roller coaster... with a bad ending.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-12, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: NFL playoffs empty set weekend complaining thread."
That was heck of a game. Just when you thought the 49er's no, the Saints try again, the 49'ers the Saints would win it, the 49'ers made the last score.

Kind of makes you wonder if there had been another 5 minutes of regulation time, we'd seen the score run up a couple of TD's for each team.

01-14-12, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: NFL playoffs empty set weekend complaining thread."
Next week I'll be fine with the Patriots losing to the Ravens-Texans winner. But this week I'd like to see them score 100 points. And you know Coach Hoodie loves to run up the score.

01-15-12, 08:59 AM (EST)
16. "*points and laughs at cahaya*"
So how about those Broncos? *gigglesnort*

01-15-12, 10:08 AM (EST)
17. "RE: *points and laughs at cahaya*"
Many have underestimated the power of the jinx.

If only I could do as well when rooting for somebody instead of rooting for the defense to get'emget'emget'emget'emget'emget'emget'emget'emget'em

01-15-12, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: *points and laughs at cahaya*"
Hah! Yup, Max (and Pepe, who backed him) win the side bet. I already put up a congratulatory post in the other thresd.

For all of my mathematical prowess, here's why I don't play for money.

Now why couldn't Brady play like that during the regular FF season? *snort*

01-15-12, 05:13 PM (EST)
19. "RE: NFL playoffs empty set weekend complaining thread."
That injury to Ed Reed at the end of the game didn't look good, and the last thing the Ravens needed was an injury in the secondary right before playing the Patriots.

01-15-12, 08:50 PM (EST)
20. "*thud*"
What a reality check for the Packers. Ouch.

01-15-12, 08:55 PM (EST)
21. "RE: *thud*"
That was unexpected.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-12, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: *thud*"
I had them losing today in my picks but too bad the rest of mine were so bad.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

01-15-12, 10:49 PM (EST)
23. "RE: *thud*"
For some reason I keep thinking the standings on the pick 'em indicates I'm currently tied for first, but that can't be right.

01-16-12, 12:02 PM (EST)
24. "Weekend thoughts."
For those who had so much fun with the 316 Tubya passing yards from last week, I'd like you to:

A. Give me a significant Bible passage starting with either 13:6 or 9:26.

B. Take a close look at Tom Brady's passing stats:

26-34 363 yds 6 tds

So if you needed an excuse -- well, it's not as if some of us hadn't thought Hoodie was trying to hide horns before this...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Giants win... I may forever question just how focused the Packers were after their tragedy. I don't know if it cost them the game, but I do feel it took something off the field and kept a few points off the board.

You could argue that the real opponent the Giants had to overcome was a herd of stampeding zebras. This was the game with the rule-challenged group, and just about every miscall went against New York, every missed penalty hurt the Giants, and every moment of 'Hey, how does this replay stuff work again?' definitely attacked the visiting team. (Case #1: the not-fumble.) The win may feel as if it negated that, but it shouldn't. I want to win or lose games with honest calls: if they messed up, so be it. Overcoming all those stripes was a triumph -- but it never should have been necessary.

The local papers are cover-focusing on that Hail Mary. They should have put up the offensive line, which frequently gave Eli enough time in the pocket to draw the play in the grass.

Beyond that, it's what Snidget said: you can't count on them to lose when they're supposed to. Nor can you count on them to win when they're supposed to do that. This is Team Schizophrenia, and I have no idea what to expect from them on Sunday.

But at a guess, Brave isn't feeling very well.

How far would the Texans have gotten with an intact team? The Ravens were my AFC choice, and you can't count on their defense -- but still, Texas was just a play away from tying that game and two from winning it. Give them a player or a two back and a little more luck...

If you're looking for a horse to back next year, this one is going to have a very angry head of steam.

What scares me about the 49ers is that they don't give up. The end of the Saints game was watching someone take gut punch after gut punch with a smile and 'What else ya got?' I swear they got up from at least one genitals kick. (And given the Saints defense, just might have.) A team of Weebles: land every blow you can, but none of them may be guaranteed knockouts.

Waiting to hear the lines for next Sunday. If I had to guess, I'd say 49ers by 5 and Patriots by 7. Whether they mean anything...

...well, not to the teams, anyway.

01-16-12, 12:26 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Weekend thoughts."
New International Version

Hebrews 13:6

So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

Daniel 9:26

After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing.

01-16-12, 12:41 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Weekend thoughts."
*gives Snidget dubious look*

*checks Bible*

...huh.

Okay, I take the dubious look back. (Did the Patriots have 62 touchdowns-with-extra-points this season-to-date? -- no, sixty-one TDs in the regular season with no word about kicks. So close.)

BTW, my favorite stat from the weekend came when Tubya got into the red zone and the announcers informed the world that when the Anointed One was within ten yards of the goal, his completion rate was -- two.

As in 'He completed two passes. In the entire season.'

01-16-12, 12:32 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Weekend thoughts."
My first observation on the late Sunday game was that the Packers looked flat. No, make that flat. Sluggish on offense, way too many drops by receivers, zero pressure on The Other Manning... in short, they looked like a team which hadn't played a meaningful game in a while. Even the Packer fans were off their game; the scattered boos escorting the Packers off the field at halftime made me chuckle almost as much as the soft-but-audible "Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuz" chants I heard every time Victor Cruz made a catch. OTOH, the Giants looked hungry. They played hard. Very hard. And they overcame some seriously shoddy officiating. It was a strong effort by a team peaking at just the right time, and I like their chances against the 49ers since the Giants are playing so well right now.

The Patriots blew out an overmatched opponent. Nothing to see here, move along.

The Texans combined a strong defense with a rookie quarterback who began the season in street clothes as the 3rd QB. The Ravens combined a strong defense with Trent Dilfer II. The resulting ugly game was expected, as was the final result, though my hat's off to Arian Foster for his efforts.

The 49ers/Saints game didn't follow the script in that the 49ers showed some offense to go with their strong defense. Maybe the 49ers are better than I thought? And maybe the Saints sabotaged their chances with uncharacteristic turnovers, but turnovers don't happen in a vacuum-- defenses cause them. It was a very exciting game and my opinion of the 49ers went up as a result of the outcome.

01-16-12, 12:49 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Weekend thoughts."
the scattered boos escorting the Packers off the field at halftime made me chuckle almost as much as the soft-but-audible "Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuz" chants I heard every time Victor Cruz made a catch

You probably caught the "Let's go Giants!" at the end. Since I don't see Packer fans as being that prone to group sarcasm, the tour companies must have been able to grab a lot of tickets away from the locals. Or Wisconsin finally went down to apathy. Pick one.

Thanks for agreeing on the officiating for that game -- it was as if the zebras were being paid to enforce a script they were too stupid to read.

Trent Dilfer II

Maybe, but don't forget what happened to #1.

I haven't seen anyone in the media point it out yet, but any (unlikely) Giants win sets up a SB rematch.

01-16-12, 11:51 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Weekend thoughts."
The only topic of conversation in Boston during the Giants-Packers game was the possibility of a Super Bowl rematch.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-12, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Discount Double Choke"
Is it me or did anyone else notice a LOT more Packers commercials in the past two weeks?

I was rooting for them, but I'm wondering how focused they really were.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

01-16-12, 05:20 PM (EST)
31. "Next week's Vegas lines."
Patriots over Ravens by 7.5.

49ers over Giants by 2.5.

01-18-12, 10:49 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Next week's Vegas lines."
And the lines are holding.

Which the football gods, in their infinite wisdom and fickle outcomes, will have the Giants win a game they're supposed to lose.

01-18-12, 11:44 AM (EST)
38. "Justified guideline breakage."
will have the Giants win a game they're supposed to lose.

Shut. Up.

01-18-12, 03:54 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Justified guideline breakage."
Well, the line's rock solid at +2.5 110 and what +3 there have been have been toxic all the way up to +3 150.

What it all probably means is that you're betting on Tyne's foot. Certainly not a sure money play.

01-18-12, 04:24 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Justified guideline breakage."
SI just put the Giants on the cover.

I blame you.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •