The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Most Valuable?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-02-12, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Most Valuable?"
The trophy for most valuable player in the NFL seemed destined to Aaron Rodgers who had a terrific season but yesterday should cost him some votes. Is Rodgers so valuable if his replacement can have a record day? Matt Flynn had nearly 500 passing yards and 6, SIX! TD passes!

I'd vote for Drew Brees myself. On the other hand, no one could argue that Peyton Manning was invaluable to the Colts. Can a player win in absentia?!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Most Valuable? AyaK 01-02-12 1
   RE: Most Valuable? michel 01-02-12 2
   RE: Most Valuable? Naked 01-03-12 3
       RE: Most Valuable? Estee 01-03-12 6
           RE: Most Valuable? byoffer 01-04-12 8
 RE: Most Valuable? newsomewayne 01-03-12 4
   RE: Most Valuable? Estee 01-03-12 5
 RE: Most Valuable? Colonel Zoidberg 01-03-12 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-12, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Most Valuable?"
You could make strong arguments for Matt Schaub, Darren McFadden and Matt Forte, as well as Peyton Manning. All their teams went into the tank once they were injured.

But, like you, I'd go with Drew Brees this year. The Saints, Packers and Patriots have to be three of the worst defensive teams, yet they finished with great records entirely due to their offenses. From the trio, I'd opt for Brees this year.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-12, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Most Valuable?"
You are right about those three, especially Forte. However, the voters have such a bias towards QBs that I'm not sure he would have won even if he had stayed healthy, continued on the same pace and led the Bears to the playoffs.

Naked 886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-03-12, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Most Valuable?"
Brees is unquestionably my pick for MVP this year and that stands solely on the fact that he did things this year as a QB that has never been done in the history of the league. Rodgers had an amazing year, but everything that he has done, we have seen better from others recently.

Schaub, although a crucial loss was just one of many losses that the Texans suffered, the same with Forte. The rushing production in Oakland did drop with McFadden out, but not as substantially as I though it would with Bush stepping up

VOTE NAKED 2004

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-12, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Most Valuable?"
One of my local sports radio talking invisible heads was discussing number separation -- how close Dan Marino was to the rest of the field in his record-setting year for passing yardage versus how close the pack was behind Brees for this one. Throw in the rule changes during the intervening years making it just a little harder to kill a quarterback without charges being pressed and Marino still feels like he pulled off the more impressive trick.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-12, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Most Valuable?"
The rule changes to protect both the quarterback and the receivers is huge. Marino's record was much more impressive. But under the current rules, Brees has had a phenomenal year.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-12, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Most Valuable?"
Personally, I'd give it to Peyton for just the reason you've stated.

surfkitten siggie shop 2007

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-12, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Most Valuable?"
And now you understand how the President got the Nobel Peace Prize.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-03-12, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Most Valuable?"
I don't know about the MVP, but I nominate Chad Henne for LVP. When his most valuable contribution to the team was getting hurt...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •