The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NFL Week #1 Complaining Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-02-13, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NFL Week #1 Complaining Thread."
If you want to have any hope of enjoying the upcoming season, try not to read any really detailed articles about just how the league's concussion settlement will be dealt out. They settled for roughly three-quarters of a billion dollars -- and they won. It's enough to make me seek out Super Bowl tickets just so I can boo Goodell in person. Not that he'd ever hear me. Not that he hears much of anything which doesn't come with profit attached.

*sigh*

Well, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that even if I go for the willful self-blindness, I'm not enjoying this season anyway. Put it this way: I'm waiting for the Jets to resign Tubya. As their actual best possible move. It's gone that far.

And for a less depressive complaint... lightly paraphrased radio comment: 'It's football season! The most exciting sport of all because it's the only one where on any given day, anything can truly happen! And now I will go through this entire schedule game by game, detail every upcoming win & loss, and let you know exactly where the locals will finish before anyone ever snaps a ball. Because anything can happen. But I say it won't. Now, Game One...'

...oh, shut up.

But since it's a game anyone can play, even when they shouldn't:

Giants: squeak out 10-6 on sheer nerve and get a wild card, out in the division round.

Jets: 4-12, then blow the draft pick. Rex fired, but not until the offseason.

Super Bowl weather: heh.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NFL Week #1 Complaining Thread. Molaholic 09-02-13 1
 Brady Quinn? kidflash212 09-03-13 2
   RE: Brady Quinn? Estee 09-03-13 3
 A deity whispering 'CFL, stupid'. Estee 09-04-13 4
   Follow-up. Estee 09-06-13 11
 RE: NFL Week #1 Complaining Thread. Colonel Zoidberg 09-04-13 5
 Back to the false importance. Estee 09-06-13 6
 So when was P. Manning drafted? HobbsofMI 09-06-13 7
   RE: So when was P. Manning drafted? Estee 09-06-13 8
   RE: So when was P. Manning drafted? PepeLePew13 09-06-13 9
 Broadcast torture warning. Estee 09-06-13 10
 The strangely familiar-looking earl... Estee 09-08-13 12
 Twenty-two players on offense. Estee 09-08-13 13
   RE: Twenty-two players on offense. Max Headroom 09-08-13 14
 The Titans save their state's econo... Estee 09-08-13 15
 I know it's not PG-13... Estee 09-09-13 16
   RE: I know it's not PG-13... newsomewayne 09-10-13 18
       RE: I know it's not PG-13... Estee 09-10-13 19
 RGThreeAndOut. Estee 09-10-13 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Molaholic 8459 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-13, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NFL Week #1 Complaining Thread."
Season XIX of no NFL in Los Angeles begins.

(Oh, mea culpa -- this is a complaining thread. Sorry)

blackout? what's that?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kidflash212 3860 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-03-13, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Brady Quinn?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-13 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

What is the purpose of the Jets signing Brady Quinn? Seems like they like to sign celebrity QB's with more celebrity than success in the NFL.

09-03-13, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Brady Quinn?"
My theory is that Rex gets a per-headline salary bonus.

If he somehow lasts until 2018, he'll own the East Coast.

09-04-13, 11:37 AM (EST)
4. "A deity whispering 'CFL, stupid'."
So let's see who's starting at quarterback for the Bills this week.

*checks*

Wow. Not even divine intervention can get Tubya a start in this league.

09-06-13, 04:06 PM (EST)
11. "Follow-up."
Maybe his deity had better start shouting. According to ESPN, Tubya was offered a job in the NFL -- one which came with a position switch. Turned it down. Quarterback in the CFL. Turned that down. USA Rugby came calling. Take a wild guess. He will only play if it's the NFL and he can be a quarterback. Nothing else.

There's such a thing as 'collecting a paycheck while you wait'. Unless he's trying to live on faith alone.

Colonel Zoidberg 3648 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-04-13, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NFL Week #1 Complaining Thread."
I've run my team-by-team predictions for this season in the span of an hour. End result? Two new division champs and one new playoff team, and a Manning brother wins it all. I'm taking Denver over Green Bay.

And the Dolphins are the first team out. By a hair. Another year of frustration redeemable only by laughing at the Jets and Eagles.

09-06-13, 03:27 AM (EST)
6. "Back to the false importance."
So I'm guessing that if you didn't start Peyton on your fantasy team, you're probably doing some major complaining.

HobbsofMI 15960 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-13, 05:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "So when was P. Manning drafted?"
That has to be a record for FF points.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

09-06-13, 07:10 AM (EST)
8. "RE: So when was P. Manning drafted?"
You had to hear the head coach complaining after the game, talking about all the things they had to work on. Clearly the first item which needs tinkering is their passing attack...

PepeLePew13 24740 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-13, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So when was P. Manning drafted?"
In all of my years in playing FF, I've never seen a 60-point day until now.

In some leagues, he's at 57 points and in others he's at 60, depending on the scoring used. 462 yards = 18 points, 7 TDs = 42 points in the OT Rocks! league.

09-06-13, 03:30 PM (EST)
10. "Broadcast torture warning."
Last night, NBC had Ryan Seacrest announcing.

I'd say this is a good reason to never watch football on NBC again. Or anything else.

Come on, it's NBC. Like you'll ever notice.

09-08-13, 02:57 PM (EST)
12. "The strangely familiar-looking early career of Geno Smith"
Sure, anyone can fumble on their own 5-yard line.

And anyone can throw an interception on their next possession.

But after getting the ball back courtesy of your defense? Taking a sack which requires you to run nineteen yards directly backwards?

Now that's talent.

09-08-13, 04:29 PM (EST)
13. "Twenty-two players on offense."
So what do you think the final score of the Jets-Buccaneers game would have been if the entire Tampa Bay defense didn't have money on Gangrene? The entire game had the same pattern: "The Jets are stalling out on offense! Quick, someone commit an incredibly stupid penalty to get them another first down!" And so they did. Over and over and over again. It was amazing to watch, and it'll probably be even more fun to officially investigate.

*shrug* Well, there goes Clowney.

Max Headroom 10030 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-13, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Twenty-two players on offense."
Lest you forget:

It could be much worse.

09-08-13, 07:23 PM (EST)
15. "The Titans save their state's economy."
After that opening safety, sales of replacement televisions are going to be in seven digits.

09-09-13, 04:07 PM (EST)
16. "I know it's not PG-13..."
...it's just perversely adorable.

I want to spend the rest of the afternoon browsing through used head coaches.

newsomewayne 9066 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-13, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I know it's not PG-13..."
Where did you get that? Are there more? Please tell me there are more.

I think the greatest hidden part of that was noticing it was viewed through Rex Ryan's amazon account.

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

09-10-13, 11:12 AM (EST)
19. "RE: I know it's not PG-13..."
Greatest for you...

It's from Grantland and sadly, they only did the one. Pity. I don't know about turning it into a full-scale running gag, but I do think there was humor room for launching about two dozen in one article.

So no problem with the Santorum?

09-10-13, 08:02 AM (EST)
17. "RGThreeAndOut."
I say the Eagles last night were more about finally being rid of the Reidiot than the coaching powers of any replacement.

The Redskins, however, were just about the universe hating their owner. And you should too.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •