The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Oh those Jets!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 18701 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-03-16, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Oh those Jets!"

I believe the loss today kills their playoff chances?

Fitz had some good moments during the season, but he's inconsistent. Which makes him a pretty good backup quarterback. That was also the Texan's conclusion, although they managed to end up with another journeyman (at best) quarterback. Still, with Hoyer they may be in the playoffs.

Both teams better have QB at the top of their draft wish list.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Oh those Jets! PepeLePew13 01-05-16 1
   RE: Oh those Jets! kingfish 01-06-16 2
       RE: Oh those Jets! PepeLePew13 01-07-16 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 25809 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-16, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Oh those Jets!"
I know of a certain other football team that is also looking for a real quarterback -- one that won't hang out in Las Vegas wearing a disguise the night before the final regular season game of the season, then not bothering to inform his team where he was when he was required to appear on game day to report in for the concussion protocol.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 18701 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-16, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oh those Jets!"
Fortunately the first move of that unnamed team was to fire their idiot coach.

OK, going to Vegas incognito after being excused from showing up at the game doesn't fit your idea of what a NFL quarterback should do. Well now, let's list the QBs in the NFL that do fit your moral ideal. I count zero.

I think by now we all get that you, Church Lady, disapprove of Manziel in general. It must be nice to be so morally superior.

Oh yes, and he missed a Sunday concussion protocol session. That that is a sin worthy of your disapprobation says more about your judgment than about his.

Get over it. Manziel may very well be traded by the new Cleveland regime (hopefully to a team with an offensive line that can protect the QB a bit better than the Brown's did), there are a lot of sportswriters who think he will be, but he still has the talent to be an outstanding NFL QB. I think they would do well to retain him as a backup for McCown who performed really well until he was injured (reference aforementioned Cleveland offensive line). At 36 he can't have much time left though.

Manziel could use another season or two of being #2, but there are teams that could use a first string QB that had his record this year primarily earned as a backup.

Regular season stats: 57.8 % completions, 7 touchdowns, 5 interceptions, and a QB rating of 79.4%.

Plenty of room for improvement, but not the worst stats either, especially considering they were earned as a backup and had spent precious little time practicing with the starters. And he had pretty good games against the Seahawks(!) and the 49ers.

As for being benched for 2 games by Pettine? What sane NFL coach benches his starting QB for two games for lying about where he was while on his own time? I'm sure he (Pettine) felt offended, or maybe he was just worried about Johnny's well being, but to make a move that cost his team any chance of winning those two games was foolish to the nth degree. That might make a bit of sense in college, but the NFL is a business, and that move was just plain stupid.

I think Haslam must have made his decision to get rid of Pettine then.

PepeLePew13 25809 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-16, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Oh those Jets!"
Your QB is supposed to be the leader of the team.

Can you tell me how many other QBs are partying in Las Vegas the night before a game and then not showing up the next day for their team's game? What a leader!

Peyton Manning was injured but he was still involved in the day-to-day operations, helping Brock Osweiler prepare for games.

Colin Kaepernick is a diva and didn't take his job seriously as QB of the 49ers ... and he lost his job.

I suppose you think it's okay to lie to your boss about not showing up for work. If the dean of my department found out that I lied about being sick for work in order to take off early to Quebec for a long weekend, I can guarantee you that I'd be out of a job on Monday morning.

It has nothing to do with being a Church Lady or being morally superior -- it's about being professional and doing what is expected from you at your job.

"...fits my moral ideal" -- I can count about 50 QBs who I'd respect as being professional QBs who show up for their jobs (injured or not, starting or not) and take it seriously that they want to be there to stay involved in a team's game plan or to develop their skills by learning from other pros around them. Manziel should be doing all he can to make himself better as a professional, hanging onto every word that McCown or other experienced pros could share. He's got all off-season to party, I could not care less what he does at that time as long as he makes time to make himself a better QB and stays in tune with whatever the team is doing.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •