The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gary Carter diagnosed with brain tumors."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-11, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gary Carter diagnosed with brain tumors."
So the next time someone asks you "Would it kill you to be nice all the time?", the answer is...

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6573413

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brai... Molaholic 05-21-11 1
 RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brai... michel 05-23-11 2
 Stage four brain cancer, inoperable... Estee 05-31-11 3
   Just so sad moonbaby 06-01-11 4
       RE: Just so sad byoffer 06-01-11 5
           RE: Just so sad CTgirl 06-01-11 6
           RE: Just so sad PepeLePew13 06-02-11 7
 "Extremely grave" PepeLePew13 01-19-12 8
   RE: "Extremely grave" michel 01-21-12 9
   :( moonbaby 01-23-12 10
       RE: :( Molaholic 02-17-12 16
 RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brai... bondt007 02-16-12 11
   RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brai... Estee 02-16-12 12
   Wah moonbaby 02-16-12 14
   RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brai... PepeLePew13 02-16-12 15
 RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brai... Estee 02-16-12 13
 RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brai... dabo 02-17-12 17
 Farewell. michel 02-17-12 18
 RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brai... agman 02-22-12 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-11, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brain tumors."
Sending all my best thoughts out to one of the most genuine gentlemen ever to play the game (while donning the tools of ignorance too boot!).

Another Agman masterpiece (2011)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-11, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brain tumors."
The news really surprised me. He was a great player for the Expos and I really enjoyed watching him play. I wish him the best.

05-31-11, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Stage four brain cancer, inoperable."

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-11, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Just so sad"
From a family statement:
"Gary was always a fierce competitor on the baseball field and that same tenacity will help him not only fight but win this battle."

Best. Met. Evah.

Good luck, Kid.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-11, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Just so sad"
Met? Gary was an Expo.

Praying for kharma to heal him.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-11, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Just so sad"
I think of him as a Met too, especially the 1986 World Champion Mets.

An Agman Nation Creation

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-11, 06:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Just so sad"
*quick glance at Baseball-Reference*...

1500 games as an Expo, 600 games as a Met.

Either way, he was a good guy for both teams and for MLB overall. Let's hope he pulls through this ordeal and gets to enjoy a few more happy years - and while we're at it, how about making sure that Carter lives to see his number finally retired, Mets? The Expos already did that in Montreal.

01-19-12, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. ""Extremely grave""
That's the latest on Gary Carter, and the worst bit is that doctors are considering no further treatment for him.

From Carter himself:
"I'm not feeling too good," he told New York Daily News a few weeks ago. "It's been coming on and coming on. I've had a chest cold. I've got sores in my mouth, blood clots. I get sick ... there's just so many things ... It's been nine months now and I don't feel any different from Day One. I haven't been up to doing any interviews."

01-21-12, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "Extremely grave""
Not only interviews: He wasn't able to show up for his annual golf tournament this week.

01-23-12, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. ":("

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-12, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: :("
Baseball Heaven just got the best dang backstop in the game.

RIP, Kid.

Another Agman masterpiece (2011)

bondt007 3358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-16-12, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brain tumors."
RIP Gary - we'll miss ya !

02-16-12, 07:00 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brain tumors."
To honor the man's beliefs:

Drat.

Mets legend says he cursed once. It was regarding a last out he wasn't going to @!#$ing make. It was justified.

02-16-12, 08:22 PM (EST)
14. "Wah"
So sad-I got teary eyed when I heard the news.

02-16-12, 08:27 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brain tumors."
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-12 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

RIP, Gary.

You were a great guy to watch and a great guy to have up here off the field.

ETA: I just saw a pic of Carter from two weeks ago when he attended the opener at Palm Beach Atlantic University (where he coached) and he was unrecognizable. I mean, really unrecognizable. Cancer wasn't kind to him.

02-16-12, 07:08 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brain tumors."
Just managed to turn on WFAN for a few seconds and got Darryl Strawberry at the tail end of what was probably an hour of Gary Carter stories. It's going to be '86 in New York for the next two days.

Opening Day at NotShea is going to be one of the most miserable experiences in franchise history.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-12, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brain tumors."
Rest in peace, Gary.

02-17-12, 06:55 PM (EST)
18. "Farewell."
In the late 70s, les Canadiens de Montréal were unbeatable and had Guy Lafleur, one of its biggest star ever. The Alouettes under Marv Levy had won 3 grey Cups and played in 3 more. Gilles Villeneuve was amazing at the wheel of a Formula 1. The 1976 Olympics had made us discover many new sports and given us new idols. Yet, Gary Carter was as big a star as anyone here.

If all the athlete were as nice as Carter then we could begin to talk about role model.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-12, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Gary Carter diagnosed with brain tumors."
Rest in peace Gary

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •