The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-11, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
And the Tebow looked upon the Jets.

And he looked at one, and said "You desire to be paid for playing a game. That is the sin of greed, and for that I shall cast you into everlasting hellfire."

And he looked at another, and said "You have said you will win this game. That is the sin of pride, and for that I shall cast you into everlasting hellfire."

And he gazed upon a third, and said "You have admitted to sexual attraction towards your wife. That is the sin of lust without the sole intent to procreate, and for that I shall cast you into everlasting hellfire."

And he turned to a fourth, and said "You believe in a deity other than my own. That is the sin of false worship, and for that I shall cast you into everlasting hellfire."

And he gave attention to a fifth, and said "You believe that the rights of one should be the rights of all. That is the sin so stupidly obvious I have yet to name it, and for that I shall cast you into everlasting hellfire."

And the Tebow brought back his mighty arm to cast them all into everlasting hellfire.

But as it turned out, the Tebow couldn't hit a target to save his afterlife.

So he cast them all onto NFL Network for a night instead.

And it hurt muchly.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... Max Headroom 11-17-11 1
   RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... cahaya 11-17-11 2
       RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... Max Headroom 11-17-11 4
           RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... Snidget 11-17-11 5
           RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... ARnutz 11-17-11 6
               RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... HobbsofMI 11-18-11 12
                   RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... HobbsofMI 11-20-11 21
       RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... HobbsofMI 11-18-11 11
           RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... Max Headroom 11-18-11 13
               RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... HobbsofMI 11-18-11 14
                   RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... cahaya 11-18-11 15
                       RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... HobbsofMI 11-20-11 17
                           RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... cahaya 11-20-11 18
                               RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... HobbsofMI 11-20-11 20
                                   RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... cahaya 11-20-11 27
                                       RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... HobbsofMI 11-20-11 28
                                           RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... cahaya 11-20-11 29
                                               RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... HobbsofMI 11-21-11 34
                                           RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... Max Headroom 11-20-11 30
                                       RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... PepeLePew13 11-20-11 31
                               RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... HobbsofMI 11-21-11 36
 RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... cahaya 11-17-11 3
   RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... Estee 11-18-11 9
 RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... cahaya 11-18-11 7
 RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... sittem 11-18-11 8
   RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... Estee 11-18-11 10
       RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread... sittem 11-19-11 16
 A certain intuition. Estee 11-20-11 19
   RE: A certain intuition. cahaya 11-20-11 24
 Thanks, Cam. Max Headroom 11-20-11 22
   C'mon cahaya, say it for me. Max Headroom 11-20-11 23
       RE: C'mon cahaya, say it for me. cahaya 11-20-11 26
   RE: Thanks, Cam. Estee 11-20-11 25
 Giants vs. Eagles: 2:00 left in fi... Estee 11-20-11 32
   Better form a search party... Max Headroom 11-20-11 33
       RE: Better form a search party... Estee 11-21-11 35
           RE: Better form a search party... Max Headroom 11-21-11 37
           RE: Better form a search party... Snidget 11-21-11 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-11, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
NFL Network. *gigglesnort*

This week's fantasy football complaint: Cam Newton. All three of my fantasy football opponents this week are starting Cam Newton against me. Given that none of my teams are doing particularly well, all of my FF seasons could be ended by an early-season waiver wire pickup.

*sigh*

I hate fantasy football.

Maybe the Lions will shut him down? Yeah, right.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-11, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
I hate fantasy football.

I hereby dub this the official mantra of Max Headroom during football season.

I found one way to keep my FF sanity is to completely ignore who my opponents are playing and strictly focus on improving my own roster. Then I can also enjoy watching the games without worrying about which QB, RB, WR, K or D on which team is scoring what, apart from my own teams. This is particularly true when you're playing a guy in your league and your opponent is playing the same guy against you in another league! Do you cheer for him or not? Catch 22.

11-17-11, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
I hereby dub this the official mantra of Max Headroom during football season.

Especially this season, when all of my teams svck. Usually by now I'm fine-tuning my lineups for the playoffs, but after an entire month (4 weeks) where none of my teams won a single time, the outlook is bleak. I do hate fantasy football right now.

And if Cam Newton goes off for 4 TDs against the Lions, I'll really hate fantasy football.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-11, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
I should warn you. I will not be home to jinx the kitty cats this week.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-11, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Pffft!

You're allowed to complain when you're in last place and the WRs you drafted were: Kenny Britt (lost in week 3), Miles Austin (was out for several different weeks now), DeSean Jackson (disgruntled over his contract) and Andre Johnson (hasn't played for 6 weeks and is STILL on the can't cut list)... and the best you can do on the waiver wire? Jabar Gaffney - a temporary start while Santana Moss is out! ...and when you're QB is Vick (also on can't cut list).

Yes, dear, I gladly took Cam for that team. At least I get some points.

On the other hand, my PIOT team is doing good, so I guess I can't complain too much.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-11, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
I'm hurting on RB and playing WR roulette as R. White has been average at best but I seem to keep winning.

My one and only trade worked out well too.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig Snidget and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

11-20-11, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-11 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

That trade worked out well for 37 points this week.

11-18-11, 10:30 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Is that why you have double the moves of any one?

11-18-11, 12:27 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
And all those moves have helped so much.

11-18-11, 12:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
I was talking about cahaya in the Politically Incorrect League.

11-18-11, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Double the moves, with the result of average scoring about 20 FF points above the league average.

I sort of see the waiver wire as a stream bed where you pan for gold. The more you put through the sieve, the more likely you'll find a nugget in there. Toss the dull stones (those RB5's and WR5's you know you'll never start) and do an assay test on the gold ones (players who are running hot for a couple of weeks) to see if they're for real or if they're just fool's gold. Most of them cool off, a few don't.

So far, only six of the guys I drafted are still on the squad (Brady, Rice, F.Jackson, Jennings, Colston and the re-acquired D.Murray). Besides D.Murray, the other nuggets I've managed to pan out are L.Robinson and D.Moore at WR, F.Davis at TE, Kasay at K, Tebow at QB (as a backup) and Cowboys & Bengals as a pair of D's to run out the season with.

A lot of those moves were due to "streaming" D's and K's week-by-week until settling on the current ones, but the rest of them were "panning" moves to refine the roster.

In the FAAB league, working the wire is more of a challenge, but I'm still managing to keep within budget, with almost the same result (15 points above league average).

11-20-11, 11:01 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
I'm not saying it's a bad thing....just poking fun at it.

11-20-11, 01:00 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
*chuckle*

It deserves to be poked fun at. I've also got the most moves in the FAAB even in spite of the budget limitations. One thing for sure, I'll never join a league that limits the number of moves for a season! Half the fun of playing FF for me is figuring out all those moves.

11-20-11, 05:29 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Hey...no trash talk this week?

How is that 20 points more than average working this week?

11-20-11, 05:54 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-11 AT 05:59 PM (EST)

Hah! I already conceded this week's match with the early 1:00 games over.

Stafford was super hot on your team today, with 37 FFP's! And the most of the rest of your lineup are having good to great days, too.

My WR's went MIA (it happens sometimes), but just read Jennings got a shin bruise, so that figures. Ouch. F-Jax left the game early and that's a bit more worrying, as he's been a mainstay RB all season. I snagged K.Smith off the wire before the Detroit game's halftime and it turns out I may need him, too. Yikes.

Yeah, the weekly average is going to take a dent this week, that's for sure. Yours will get a bump up by quite a bit too.

11-20-11, 08:37 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Yes, the waiver wire vulture strikes again.

Brady can still throw for 5 TD vs. KC so I'm not celebrating yet.

11-20-11, 08:48 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Yeah, roger that, Brady could, although if one goes to Gronk, that's it anyway. Statistically, it's highly improbable but still within the realm of possibility. If he scores what Stafford did, it still won't be enough.

I picked up Smith after checking the watch list (which he was on) and he had reached about a dozen points, well before halftime. I thought he might get some more yards supporting Morris, but was rather shocked to see what his tally was at the end of the day.

I can see why most expert's leagues use FAAB and Sunday-Tuesday waivers so that it's not a first-come first-served thing while games are on -- it's a better system and fairer for people who aren't free while the games are on.

11-21-11, 07:24 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Well, Carolina has not seen him but GB and Minn has so those numbers may/will come back to earth.

A FAAB is something Pepe should look at next year to give those a shot at players who get hurt.

11-20-11, 09:11 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
If Brady throws 5 TDs against KC, you can bet on at least 3 of them going to Welker. That way one of my teams will lose despite having an enormous lead right now. And if the other 2 go to Aaron Hernandez, that'll give me another loss despite that team also having a large lead right now.

Since Belichick loves to run up the score, no lead is too large to stop Brady from throwing more TD passes.

The same "run it up" rule applies to Aaron Rodgers, who cost me a win last week with his 4th TD pass, a 4th-quarter completion which increased the Packers' lead to 45-7. *sigh*

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-11, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-11 AT 10:34 PM (EST)

Yeah I figured I was in for a long week with three receivers on byes plus Stevie Johnson coming off an injury in Naked's league and expected my backups to be MIA for the most part ... then I lost both AP and F-Jax to injuries today. If either are out for any extended periods of time, then I'm in trouble in that league with Frank Gore also being less than 100%.

Not a surprise that I am getting killed this week and finally falling out of first place in that league.

11-21-11, 09:36 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Last years radio league for a HDTV that limited moves to 6 just sucked and I will never do that again.

11-17-11, 12:08 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
And the Jets' heathen tribe looked upon the exalted one and said "We are the everlasting hellfire. We burn our fans and we've been burnt ourselves more times than you can count."

Tonight's game will be most entertaining, one way or the other. Either Ryan's D will have devised an evil scheme to completely snuff the option game or Tebow will pull off a miracle. I can easily bet on the former but I don't dare against the latter.

By the way, last week, Tebow tied the NFL record for least completions (2) for a full game played with no other passers and still winning the game. If that isn't a miracle, I don't know what is.

I've got Tebow on both my FF squads, but only as a backup and/or desperation play as a miracle worker. Brady in one squad will do fine, but Rivers in the other squad is having a horrible turnover season and Tebow is actually outscoring him. FWIW (in terms of FF points), I've got Nick Folk as a bye-week sub in one league for the Saints' kicker Kasay.

11-18-11, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Cahaya, master of the bloody understatement.

Allow me to make one of my own. "Playoffs? Playoffs?"

11-18-11, 00:50 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
And the Jets get Tebowned.

Did you see that shot after the game, after the players shook hands? A large group of players -- from both teams! -- formed a circle, knelt down and did the Tebowing.

You have to wonder what the Jets coaches thought of that, fraternizing with the enemy after the game!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-18-11, 06:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Wow - didn't see the game but it's hard to believe what is happening. To be clear, I really, REALLY don't like the Broncs. So no love lost there.

I do like TT as a person. As an NFL QB he stinks. I will not be ready for a long time to believe he can be a long term winner in the NFL unless he reinvents himself as a real QB. But, as a competitor I have to give him credit.

Nice creativity on the post Estee. Always enjoy what you are able to create. I do have one little quibble on your third "cast" though. Lust for a spouse and procreation are exactly what Tebow would celebrate.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

11-18-11, 07:31 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
It's the idea that every married couple should have sex one time for each child in the family. Perfection! -- okay, sub-perfection: if you were truly good, sex wouldn't be necessary...

As an NFL QB he stinks. I will not be ready for a long time to believe he can be a long term winner in the NFL unless he reinvents himself as a real QB.

If he does any more with any less, I'm going to start calling him Tubya.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-19-11, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Week #11 NFL Complaining Thread."
Tubya - like it.

As to the idea of limited or no sex being perfection - doesn't fly in the evangelical community. We're very much for that three letter word within marriage any old time you want. I know there are those who skew that in the way you're talking, but that's the lunatic fringe.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

11-20-11, 05:10 PM (EST)
19. "A certain intuition."
For some strange reason, I'm starting to think the rest of the league may have figured Buffalo out...

11-20-11, 05:41 PM (EST)
24. "RE: A certain intuition."
What's left of them.

11-20-11, 05:40 PM (EST)
22. "Thanks, Cam."
Those three TDs and one 2-point conversion pass really helped the outlook for all of my fantasy football teams.

At least he threw 4 INTs to limit his single-handed demolition effort.

11-20-11, 05:41 PM (EST)
23. "C'mon cahaya, say it for me."
I hate fantasy football.

11-20-11, 05:44 PM (EST)
26. "RE: C'mon cahaya, say it for me."
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-11 AT 05:48 PM (EST)

Well, I got clobbered by Stafford (a whopping 37 FF points), so I'll sit on the bench with you this week. Yikes!

11-20-11, 05:43 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Thanks, Cam."
You should really be playing in the BQL.

11-20-11, 10:52 PM (EST)
32. "Giants vs. Eagles: 2:00 left in first half."
*sleeping*

*still sleeping*

*all insomnia cured*

*possible coma*

11-20-11, 11:22 PM (EST)
33. "Better form a search party..."
...because the Giants offense seems to be missing.

11-21-11, 08:31 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Better form a search party..."
I've been trying to figure out what's happened to both local teams in the last two weeks and finally realized there's only one rational explanation: Snidget's started watching the games.

She must be stopped.

11-21-11, 10:02 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Better form a search party..."
*head tilt*

Snidget did say she wasn't going to be around to jinx the Panthers yesterday (and it showed in Cam Newton's numbers). Maybe she went to New York to watch the Giants game?

At least the Colts didn't lose this weekend.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-11, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Better form a search party..."
I checked ESPN after you said something about falling into a coma, but that was the closest I got to the Giants, really.

although one can't every underestimate the power of the jinx

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •