The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-11, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread."
One analysis I recently read on the Suck For Luck campaigns felt that, while they only have about a one in four chance of getting him via the worst record, the Dolphins had the single best chance of winding up with that particular prospect on their team overall: a combination of no one to hedge out, draft picks to trade, and raw desperation.

I'm bringing this up now because Zoidberg's career-ending injury watch should really start early.

Reverse jinx?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread. cahaya 10-30-11 1
   RE: Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread. Estee 10-30-11 2
       RE: Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread. PepeLePew13 10-30-11 3
 Field conditions: the East Coast O... Estee 10-30-11 4
   RE: Field conditions: the East Coa... Snidget 10-30-11 5
       RE: Field conditions: the East Coa... Estee 10-30-11 8
           RE: Field conditions: the East Coa... Snidget 10-30-11 9
 Giants/Dolphins Estee 10-30-11 6
 L:uckless. Estee 10-30-11 7
   RE: L:uckless. Max Headroom 10-30-11 10
       RE: L:uckless. HobbsofMI 10-31-11 11
 The future. Max Headroom 10-31-11 12
   RE: The future. Estee 10-31-11 13
 Coach Hoodie and the onside kick. Estee 10-31-11 14
   RE: Coach Hoodie and the onside kic... bullzeye 10-31-11 16
       RE: Coach Hoodie and the onside kic... Estee 10-31-11 17
           RE: Coach Hoodie and the onside kic... bullzeye 10-31-11 18
               RE: Coach Hoodie and the onside kic... Estee 10-31-11 19
 RE: Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread. dragonflies 10-31-11 15
   RE: Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread. PepeLePew13 10-31-11 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-11, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread."
Two polls in popular sports news sites have the Colts slightly over the Dolphins in the Lucky Sweepstakes.

This week, the Vegas bookies have the Titans over the Colts at between 8/110 and 9/Even. It opened at 6.5, so what does that tell us?

Go Colts!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-30-11, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread."
It tells us Gothmog and Pepe will be here in about five minutes.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-11, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread."
Using the factorial, that works out to about 1 in 8730 chance that the Dolphins will get Luck and about 1 in 9110 that the Colts get him. Or 1 in 8 that the world blows up first in 2012.

10-30-11, 12:23 PM (EST)
4. "Field conditions: the East Coast October Surprise."
Not Giants Stadium: dry. There was enough warning to get the taro over the field, the seats have been cleaned, and what snow remains is starting to melt. It should be low 40s with some wind at gametime.

Elsewhere, Philadelphia got hit to some degree, the Patriots are on the road, I don't think any amount of the storm reached Buffalo, Carolina has had the most cleanup time, and Baltimore should honor their neighbor to the south by becoming totally paralyzed if anyone approaching the game drops a cold drink. Yesterday's weather shouldn't play too much of a part overall -- but unless the stadium has been scrubbed and searched with the same applied to patrons, I'm guessing the Eagles will see more snowballs than passes.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-11, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Field conditions: the East Coast October Surprise."
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-11 AT 01:15 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-30-11 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-30-11 AT 01:08 PM (EST)

They didn't have any snow to clean up, and apparently the field got enough water to make Vikings able to run fast.

Starting from the Carolina 27 yard line after a really speedy kick off return.

ETA: But the wrong amount of moisture for the Vikings to kick field goals. The QB was pretty speedy trying to avoid the sack.

ETA: One snap and done, get the ball at the failed kick attempt and fumble the ball, which the Vikings convert into a touchdown.

*ouch* So, should I flip over the Dolphins/Giants game and stop jinxing the Panthers?

ETAA: Carolina fumbled the kick off return? At least they recovered it this time. Do I stay and watch the horror continue, or leave now? Decisions, decisions.

10-30-11, 04:25 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Field conditions: the East Coast October Surprise."
Well, it was a Kittycats loss -- but the final score doesn't make it look that bad. At least they managed to keep it close in the end. Unlike some teams we could mention. But won't. Because we don't feel like it. And we're so sick of the snow and tired out from dealing it with, we're using 'we' for no apparent reason.

We should probably call it a day.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-11, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Field conditions: the East Coast October Surprise."
The had the opportunity to tie it up and get it to overtime.

But missed field goals seem to be the order of the day.

10-30-11, 04:03 PM (EST)
6. "Giants/Dolphins"
*peeks out from between fingers*

Is it over?

Ye gawds. Send us your tired, your poor, and your truly believing that yes, this is where they can get a win. Because we will do our best to prove them right. How close was that to becoming Seahawks II: Same Again, Only Worse?

Sorry about the scare, Zoidberg. I know we almost blew it for you right there. At least it can't happen again for a few years...

10-30-11, 04:11 PM (EST)
7. "L:uckless."
The Rams are out.

If only they'd been playing the Giants.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-11, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: L:uckless."
woo hoo, go Rams!

Some of us held up our end of the deal.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-11, 06:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: L:uckless."
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-11 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

I thought you would be cheering for Baltimore this week? Almost another 30% plus of yahoo would have taken a hit if they didn't make that comeback.

On to week 9.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig Snidget and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-11, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "The future."

10-31-11, 10:29 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The future."
So in the future, you'll spend roughly $560 to turn your back on your quarterback?

There's a long way to go, Max. A long way.

10-31-11, 10:53 AM (EST)
14. "Coach Hoodie and the onside kick."
'I'm not sure if I have this little confidence in my defense or if I buried the last competent ones after practice. Oh, well -- whatever delays that stupid reality show by ten more minutes.'

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-31-11, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Coach Hoodie and the onside kick."

10-31-11, 01:21 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Coach Hoodie and the onside kick."
What made it extra-weird was listening to the sports talk this morning and learning that the Patriots haven't recorded an onside kick since Oh My Gawds Are You Kidding Me Really? They gave up the recent low-chance for the somewhat more extended No Way.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-31-11, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Coach Hoodie and the onside kick."
The announcer stated (just before the attempt), that the Pats hadn't recorded one since 1994.

10-31-11, 02:03 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Coach Hoodie and the onside kick."
Kind of makes you wonder how often they run the drill during practice. I know that when you're playing powerhouse, you seldom need to onside -- but it's one of the fundamentals. Admittedly, it's fundamentally a coin toss with a weighted disc, but it's still got to be part of the standard armory.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-11, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread."
My complaint is the Packers didn't play. Didn't get to see Aaron Rodgers

Go Pack!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-11, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Week #8 NFL Complaining Thread."
I'm also complaining that Aaron Rodgers didn't play this week as well... I'm behind by 19 points going into tonight's MNF game without him - my 6-1 record is about to take a beating.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •