The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The US OPEN - for Grit"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-11, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"The US OPEN - for Grit"
In a tournament highlighted by grit from various players and teams, Stosur showed true grit in winning over Serena, and once again Serena's infantile self-entitled side showed thru.

But additionally, Stosur is a recovered Lyme disease victim, just like our favorite form of grit, Grit.

The women's doubles was very dramatic and enjoyable, as was the match between Djokovic and Federer. Tonight's match between arguably two of the best Men's tennis players in history, Nadal and Djokovic promises to be, well, just great. These two guys have amazing power and can chase down just about anything, and are a pleasure to watch play.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/44478453/ns/sports-tennis/

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 *happy dance* mrc 09-12-11 1
 RE: The US OPEN - for Grit samboohoo 09-12-11 2
   GOAT?? byoffer 09-12-11 3
       RE: GOAT?? byoffer 09-12-11 4
           The fine moonbaby 09-13-11 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-11, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "*happy dance*"
I've had a crush on Stosur for a a couple of years, so I was happy to see her win, esp. against Serena. I know Serena is a great player, but her attitude, like McEnroe's rubs me the wrong way.

And her outfits.

A Slice of Manga

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-11, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The US OPEN - for Grit"
It was an almost-perfect sports day for me. (Kansas City loss to Buffalo was the only thing that sucked since I had them in a money suicide pool.)

Interestingly enough, "the" highlight for me was not the Skins win, nor the Cowboys loss, but the Stosur victory over Serena. Serena is one of the worse sportsman in the game of tennis. Always has been. I would have thought after her blow-up two years ago at the U. S. Open, she would get it. She didn't. Maybe one day she will just STFU and play the game.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-11, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "GOAT??"
A year or so back we had a discussion in here about Roger Federer and Tiger Woods, using the term GOAT (Greatest Of All Time). Not only were both superior at their sport, but both seemed well respected.

We revisited that thread after the fall of Tiger, and I believe the concensus was that he was no longer in the greatest category.

Yesterday's actions by Serena reminded me of that discussion. All through the tournament the commentators have been giving her a tongue-bath as the greatest of all time. She may have the best serve in the history of women's tennis, and won more money than any other female tennis player, but the only reference to GOAT I would place on her involves an animal that eats tin cans.

If she could look into the mirror, maybe she would see the reflection of her comment to the chair ump yesterday:
"You're a hater, and you're just unattractive inside."

I was very happy for Sam Stosur.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-11, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: GOAT??"
Mary Carillo didn't call Serena a goat, but she did call her an ass-clown!!

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-11, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "The fine"
was a big $2,000. So much for the penalty acting as a deterrent.

I am amazed when I watch Nadal play. He is so super fast on his feet!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •