The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wilson Ramos (Nationals) kidnapped in Venezuela. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-10-11, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wilson Ramos (Nationals) kidnapped in Venezuela. "
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7215440/car-used-abductors-wilson-ramos-washington-nationals-found

Reading about the professional occupation of ransom collector in the area makes the government response feel like extremely dark comedy.

"We'll kill the victim unless we get the cash!"

"In that case, we just passed a law that allows us to freeze the assets of any victim's family. Now they can't pay you anything! Nyah-nyah!"

"...did you hear the part about killing the victim?"

"But now you have no reason to keep them."

"Yeah, but we're feeling really disappointed and we have to take it out on someone."

*sigh*

Kind of makes paparazzi look like a benevolent plague.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wilson Ramos (Nationals) kidnap... AyaK 11-11-11 1
 RE: Wilson Ramos (Nationals) kidnap... kingfish 11-11-11 2
 Rescued. Estee 11-12-11 3
   RE: Rescued. kingfish 11-12-11 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-11, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wilson Ramos (Nationals) kidnapped in Venezuela. "
The government of Colombia drove most of the kidnappers out. So they've moved back to the home country of their sponsor, Hugo Chavez.

Unfortunately, none of this comes as any surprise in Chavezland, which has turned one of the world's most beautiful countries into a cesspool of crime and corruption. I'd always wanted to take my kids to Puerto Ordaz to see the Llovizna Falls, but that is currently not possible.

Good luck to Ramos. He'll need it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-11, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wilson Ramos (Nationals) kidnapped in Venezuela. "
I've always wondered why the industry of kidnapping hasn't been an huge problem all along in countries where athletes whose instant wealth is such a contrast to the pervasive poverty. Especially in Venezuela where Hugo Chavez and his corruption encourages rampant criminality, but also in Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Mexico. I guess the answer is that is has been a problem, but you don't often hear of US celebrities, especially ball players, being kidnapped.

Seeing an acquaintance from the barrio return from a season in the big leagues splashing around more wealth than anyone can imagine would be a temptation for quite a number of unsavory characters.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-11, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Rescued."
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-11 AT 10:39 AM (EST)

Given who initially released the story, I wouldn't bet a penny on the accuracy of how he was rescued -- but he's been freed unharmed.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7222317/wilson-ramos-washington-nationals-found-alive-well-kidnapping

Oh, and Wilson? This would be a good time to give some serious thought towards grabbing a change of address form.

Which makes me wonder if he legally can.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-11, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rescued."
Changing his address might not be all that helpful unless he also includes his wife and kids (if he has them), his parents, his brothers and sisters, his favorite aunts, uncles, cousins, childhood best buddies, mistresses, out of wedlock kids, his posse...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •