The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The NBA: where teammates pulling guns on each other happens."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-01-10, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The NBA: where teammates pulling guns on each other happens."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4787825

Not attending. Not watching. Following the Nyets' morbid quest for 8-74 at a great distance, but that's it.

If this story is accurate (and yes, I'm considering the source), then an entire league just went Tyson Zone. Why would I want to see what happens next?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The NBA: where teammates pulli... vince3 01-01-10 1
   Arenas takes his shot AyaK 01-01-10 2
 RE: The NBA: where teammates pulli... PepeLePew13 01-01-10 3
   RE: The NBA: where teammates pulli... Estee 01-01-10 4
       RE: The NBA: where teammates pulli... PepeLePew13 01-01-10 5
           RE: The NBA: where teammates pulli... Estee 01-01-10 6
 RE: The NBA: where teammates pulli... Molaholic 01-01-10 7
   RE: The NBA: where teammates pulli... Estee 01-01-10 8
 Vols using the winter break to get ... Snidget 01-01-10 9
 The most popular male game of all. Estee 01-02-10 10
  Pulling guns? cahaya 01-02-10 11
 Oopsie? Estee 01-03-10 12
 Because he can't afford a storage s... Estee 01-05-10 13
 He doesn't get it. Estee 01-06-10 14
   RE: He doesn't get it. vince3 01-06-10 15
 Suspended without pay, indefinitely... Estee 01-06-10 16
   RE: Suspended without pay, indefini... vince3 01-06-10 17
 It's always the right time t... Estee 01-06-10 18
   RE: It's always the right ti... vince3 01-06-10 19
 Article and statements vince3 01-06-10 20
   RE: Article and statements trigirl 01-07-10 21
 RE: The NBA: where teammates pulli... Max Headroom 01-07-10 22
 Impossible is 0 trigirl 01-07-10 23
 Wizards want him gone? trigirl 01-07-10 24
   RE: Wizards want him gone? Estee 01-07-10 25
       RE: Wizards want him gone? cahaya 01-07-10 26
       RE: Wizards want him gone? trigirl 01-13-10 27
           RE: Wizards want him gone? Estee 01-13-10 28
               RE: Wizards want him gone? vince3 01-13-10 29
 Charged: felony gun possession. Estee 01-14-10 30
   RE: Charged: felony gun possession... vince3 01-14-10 31
 Plea: guilty. Estee 01-16-10 32
   RE: Plea: guilty. trigirl 01-16-10 33
       RE: Plea: guilty. Estee 01-16-10 34
           RE: Plea: guilty. PepeLePew13 01-16-10 35
  Not just the NBA cahaya 01-19-10 36
 Suspension length set. Estee 01-27-10 37
 Sentenced. Estee 03-26-10 38
 The NBA: where murder happens. Estee 08-27-11 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-10, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The NBA: where teammates pulling guns on each other happens."
Well, now can they change their name back to the Bullets? It would seem so appropriate now.......
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-10, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Arenas takes his shot"
I never thought they should have changed it in the first place. Gimme back my Bullets!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-10, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The NBA: where teammates pulling guns on each other happens."
LAST EDITED ON 01-01-10 AT 06:51 PM (EST)

Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like pointing a gun at each other's faces!

Which Tyson were you referring to - Mike Tyson or Tyson Apostal? Never mind - they're both nuts. "I stick this gun in your face and I think it's pretty funny to see you pee your pants."

01-01-10, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The NBA: where teammates pulling guns on each other happens."
Former, although the image of the later getting beaten to a bloody pulp by the original has something going for it. The Tyson Zone is a Bill Simmons definition: the level an athlete can reach where someone can tell you any negative story about them and your first instinct will be to believe it.

'Did you hear Tiger Woods just got caught having sex with a golf course?'

'Don't you mean on a golf course?'

'No.'

'Huh. Standard layout or par-three?'

01-01-10, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The NBA: where teammates pulling guns on each other happens."
Eh, no wonder I haven't heard of it - I don't read The Page 2 Sports Guy or ESPN.com

01-01-10, 07:35 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The NBA: where teammates pulling guns on each other happens."
He generally presents a choice of brilliant, annoying, or brilliantly annoying.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-10, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The NBA: where teammates pulling guns on each other happens."
Since this is the NBA, nothing actually happened until the last two minutes anyway.

01-01-10, 07:42 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The NBA: where teammates pulling guns on each other happens."
The last two minutes of what, exactly?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-10, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Vols using the winter break to get in some NBA practice"
Four Tennessee basketball players, including starting senior forward Tyler Smith, were charged with gun possession and other counts after a Friday traffic stop.

Never too early to get a head start on these things.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/01/tennessee-basketball-arre_n_409115.html

01-02-10, 01:59 PM (EST)
10. "The most popular male game of all."
'Mine's bigger.'

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4789650

'And my IQ is smaller!'

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-10, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. " Pulling guns?"
It's the Baltimore Bullets!

Winners of the pre-NBA Basketball Association of America in '48!

01-03-10, 06:43 AM (EST)
12. "Oopsie?"
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4791395

It's amazing, the things people will almost start to admit to after several days of laughing it off...

01-05-10, 10:19 AM (EST)
13. "Because he can't afford a storage space, that's why."
We all wondered what the excuse would be. Well...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4795872

...'I've never heard of a lockable gunbox' probably sounded too implausible.

01-06-10, 10:22 AM (EST)
14. "He doesn't get it."
From ESPN:

Arenas didn't seem bothered by the ongoing legal process before the game. Arenas was photographed encircled by his Wizards teammates, smiling and pointing his index fingers at them as if they were guns.

Arenas, who turns 28 on Wednesday, apologized on Twitter after the game if the photo upset anyone.

"I know everybody seen the pre game pics..my teammate thought to break the tention we should do that..but this is gettn way to much," Arenas tweeted.

According to those who follow it and don't want to be members of his entourage, his Twitter feed has been a masterpiece of not understanding how anything could be going wrong. He could be looking at a full voiding of his contract, but no, everything's fine, it's just the way things are, people don't understand...

And now, just to add to the fun, TMZ may have found the final hole in the boat: they claim the guns weren't registered.

He's said he's more afraid of David Stern than the legal system.

He's still not getting it.

01-06-10, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: He doesn't get it."
Too bad he can't get Plax as a roommate.......

01-06-10, 04:33 PM (EST)
16. "Suspended without pay, indefinitely."
So, Gilbert... worried yet?

01-06-10, 06:03 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Suspended without pay, indefinitely."
I think he should be: Stern has the authority to help the Wizards void his contract and basically kick him out of the NBA........

01-06-10, 06:06 PM (EST)
18. "It's always the right time to play the Race Card."
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12030/imaginary-guns-real-issues

Read the comments. (And hold your nose.)

01-06-10, 06:20 PM (EST)
19. "RE: It's always the right time to play the Race Card."
I only got so far before I had to move away (gag reflex).

What part of the idea that Arenas didn't give a hoot about what was gonna come down is hard for people to understand?

01-06-10, 06:36 PM (EST)
20. "Article and statements"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-10 AT 06:41 PM (EST)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4802267

"The possession of firearms by an NBA player in an NBA arena is a matter of the utmost concern to us. I initially thought it prudent to refrain from taking immediate action because of the pendency of a criminal investigation involving the office of the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia and the Metropolitan Police Department, and the consideration of this matter by a grand jury sitting in the District of Columbia. For the same reason, I directed the Wizards to refrain from taking any action. Wizards personnel continue to be interviewed by law enforcement authorities, some are scheduled for appearance before the grand jury and the investigation is proceeding with the intensity that one would expect for such a serious incident.

"Although it is clear that the actions of Mr. Arenas will ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse, his ongoing conduct has led me to conclude that he is not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game. Accordingly, I am suspending Mr. Arenas indefinitely, without pay, effective immediately pending the completion of the investigation by the NBA."
-- NBA commissioner David Stern

"We fully endorse the decision of the NBA to indefinitely suspend Gilbert Arenas. Strictly legal issues aside, Gilbert's recent behavior and statements, including his actions and statements last night in Philadelphia, are unacceptable. Some of our other players appeared to find Gilbert's behavior in Philadelphia amusing. This is also unacceptable. Under Abe Pollin's leadership, our organization never tolerated such behavior, and we have no intention of ever doing so."
-- Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld, principal owner Irene Pollin, Washington Sports Entertainment CEO Robert Pollin and WSE president James Pollin

"I feel very badly that my actions have caused the NBA to suspend me, but I understand why the league took this action. I put the NBA in a negative light and let down my teammates and our fans. I am very sorry for doing that.

"While I never intended any harm or disrespect to the NBA or anyone else, my gun possession at the Verizon Center and my attempts at humor showed terrible judgment. I take full responsibility for my conduct.

"Earlier today, I called Commissioner Stern to apologize, and I hope we will be able to talk soon. I look forward to the day I can return to basketball. In the meantime, I will focus on dealing responsibly with this serious situation and I will continue to cooperate fully with the investigations by law enforcement and NBA authorities."
-- Gilbert Arenas

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-07-10, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Article and statements"
Sounds like somebody got a publicist.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-10, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The NBA: where teammates pulling guns on each other happens."
Y'know, I have zero sympathy for Arenas. If he wants to play the Plaxico Burress dumbass card, so be it. Kick him out of the league and run him and his unlicensed guns through the criminal justice system.

After seeing the aftermath of Ron Artest's decision to go into the stands at The Palace to punch a fan, I have no further interest in NBA player stupidity. That brawl ruined the Pacers' franchise; six years later, there's still no hope. Wizards fans should take solace in the fact that Arenas is just one guy, and if his contract gets voided, they'll have lots of cap money available to pay a good free agent player for next season.

01-07-10, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Impossible is 0"
This is what I knew about Gilbert Arenas before. Adidas Commercial. I am sucker for emotional marketing. Guess I believed it.

01-07-10, 02:51 PM (EST)
24. "Wizards want him gone?"
I have been thinking lately that Tiger is not getting dumped because advertisers are gasp.shocked.gasp with his amoral behaviour, it is a way to get out of expensive contracts in hard economic times with little or no penalty.

Wonder if the Wizards are thinking the same thing?

From TMZ:
And get this -- a source connected with the investigation tells TMZ the Wizards have been "over cooperative" with cops -- as the source says, "almost as if they want Arenas to go down."

01-07-10, 05:14 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Wizards want him gone?"
I think Arenas has one of the most untradeable contracts in the sport -- something over $20 million a year with several years remaining and nowhere near that kind of actual floor production from his play. No one wants to take his contributions or salary -- especially with a major free agent season coming up, one which a lot of teams have spent years cultivating cap space for. And cap space in the NBA is always a premium commodity.

Which, combined with this latest distaster, means they really want him gone.

01-07-10, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Wizards want him gone?"
Ching, ching!

01-13-10, 11:06 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Wizards want him gone?"
Like I said.

More from TMZ

The Washington Wizards have told locker room pistolero Gilbert Arenas they believe he is in violation of his contract and they have the right to void the $111 million deal ... sources tell TMZ.

01-13-10, 12:41 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Wizards want him gone?"
And now we have heard the only words that can still get an egotistical reality-detached legend in his own mind to connect with the mainline: 'What do you mean, no more money?'

Too late, Gilbert. Too late.

01-13-10, 01:10 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Wizards want him gone?"
Gilbert's fate may now be down to this: Is the players' association willing to fight for him, even though it may be a very toxic situation all around? If not, he's burnt toast.

01-14-10, 05:05 PM (EST)
30. "Charged: felony gun possession."
Gosh, does anyone else think being charged with a felony just might be enough to violate the terms of his formerly-guaranteed contract?

01-14-10, 07:19 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Charged: felony gun possession."
I think that was what the Wizards and Stern were exactly waiting for.........

01-16-10, 08:51 AM (EST)
32. "Plea: guilty."
Sentencing set for March 26th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4829508

01-16-10, 09:48 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Plea: guilty."
I can't believe that Crittendon hasn't even had a slap on the wrist. Werent' there two people brandishing guns?

01-16-10, 10:08 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Plea: guilty."
The charge for Arenas is gun possession without a license. From what the article said, the police searched Crittendon's home and may have come up with no weapons: they can't charge him for possessing what he doesn't have. And a lot of eyewitness accounts in this have been -- 'biased' is a good word here...

Crittendon is probably guilty. Or maybe his gun is somehow licensed for concealed carry, although he'd still have to contend with the league's rule about weapons in stadiums.

Or maybe it's as simple as his making a lot less money.

01-16-10, 03:37 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Plea: guilty."
Bingo. DAs love to make an example out of big-name people.

01-19-10, 06:09 PM (EST)
36. " Not just the NBA"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-10 AT 06:18 PM (EST)

Seems like Marvin Harrison is having trouble managing carwashes and properties on the bad side of Philly. It gets to a point where he supposedly unloads two full-cartridge handguns at some hustler dude's car with some collateral damage to go along with it.

Tribute to Marvin

*Blam, blam* "I ain't seen nothin'."

(eta) Huffington's cliff notes.

01-27-10, 07:33 PM (EST)
37. "Suspension length set."
Both involved players are out for the rest of the season, without pay. Arenas has no reported plans to appeal. Since this isn't baseball, there's a tiny chance the players' union will admit a member was capable of doing something wrong and not appeal on their behalf, but don't count on it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4862783

The long-term state of the contract may depend on whether Arenas does jail time. This isn't over yet.

03-26-10, 05:27 PM (EST)
38. "Sentenced."
On a scale of probation to five years -- six to twenty-four months recommended for someone with his priors -- he got off very easy.

Thirty days living in a halfway house.
Four hundred hours of community service (and no serving it with basketball clinics).
$5,000 fine.

08-27-11, 05:29 PM (EST)
39. "The NBA: where murder happens."
You might remember Javaris Crittenton as the other player involved in the original incident. If you were really paying attention to the NBA, you might even remember that his career flamed out afterwards and he wound up in a lower league.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6899974/former-nba-player-javaris-crittenton-charged-murder

And now you can remember him as a vengeance-seeker with a gun whose invulnerability went away the day he pulled out his beloved weapon and tried to execute a vigilante shot -- which hit the wrong target.

Four children are motherless because Javaris Crittenton thought he got his own set of rules.

There will be nothing provided from his estate by a civil suit. I'm sure he's already broke.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •