The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 11 - Ep 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-11, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 11 - Ep 6"
Open for discussion

I haven't watched it all; but I did see the temptation challenge & Arthur's big mistake. Really tho, did this surprise anyone? Altho he lost weight on his own before getting to TBL, he doesn't seem to have the "stick-to-it-ness" and determination that most others have.

Shivering in the cold - Agman 2010

Boo, I waited for you - I really really did.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 11 - Ep 6 samboohoo 02-09-11 1
   RE: Season 11 - Ep 6 jbug 02-09-11 2
       RE: Season 11 - Ep 6 samboohoo 02-09-11 3
           RE: Season 11 - Ep 6 JessicaRN 02-09-11 4
               RE: Season 11 - Ep 6 realworld10 02-10-11 5
                   RE: Season 11 - Ep 6 JessicaRN 02-10-11 6
                   RE: Season 11 - Ep 6 jbug 02-10-11 7
                       RE: Season 11 - Ep 6 realworld10 02-14-11 13
                           RE: Season 11 - Ep 6 jbug 02-14-11 14
                           RE: Season 11 - Ep 6 tjdmlhw 02-14-11 15
 Statistics grit 02-10-11 8
   RE: Statistics jbug 02-10-11 9
       RE: Statistics grit 02-11-11 10
           RE: Statistics featherfish81 03-02-11 19
       RE: Statistics samboohoo 02-11-11 11
           RE: Statistics JessicaRN 02-11-11 12
               RE: Statistics vince3 02-14-11 16
                   RE: Statistics jbug 02-14-11 17
                       RE: Statistics tjdmlhw 02-14-11 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-11, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 11 - Ep 6"
I'm behind on this week.

I watched a little. I FF'd through everyone eating, and I saw Arthur admit it was him. I'm very surprised at his swap. Not sure what his strategy was there. Why wouldn't he have taken two bigger players?

He reminds me a lot of Neil from Season 4.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-09-11, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 11 - Ep 6"
He got rid of his teams best weight losers and took on the other teams supposedly lowest losers -
hoping to get someone who would fall below him & his dad & be eliminated.
It was confusing tho (you know me).
If he thought the elimination would be just between the 2 below the yellow line, I could see his strange reasoning.
But...
if the 'team' with the lowest loss goes to elimination & anyone on the team can be voted off, it doesn't matter who he brought over to his team - so why not keep your best losers and bring over a strong team to help your team win the weigh ins.

As it is, his team is mad at him & may vote him off because of his game play stupidity.

02-09-11, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 11 - Ep 6"
Agree.

I guess he thought Jay and Jen would be vulnerable over there and would have been voted out.

I kind of hope he does go home. Not because he's playing the game. I just would like to see him be played.

I couldn't make myself root against anyone last night. That was tough. And when Jen cried, I cried.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-09-11, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 11 - Ep 6"
Throughout this whole season, Arthur has not struck me as very bright at all, so when he decided to game play, you know it wasn't going to turn out well for him.

realworld10 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-10-11, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realworld10 Click to send private message to realworld10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 11 - Ep 6"
Arthur strikes me as someone with very low self-esteem and, maybe, a little developmentally challenged. He doesn't seem to have a control switch - eating all of that chocolate and making this switch.

The thing in the last episode that really, really got to me was the mother that missed her daughter's wedding to be on TBL. I'm sorry - that's just wrong.

02-10-11, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 11 - Ep 6"
I totally agree about the mom missing her daughter's wedding. That was just wrong and for the rest of their lives, the pictures will be there as a reminder that Mom was not in attendance.

02-10-11, 05:07 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Season 11 - Ep 6"
I must've FF thru that.
Who missed the wedding?

Shivering in the cold - Agman 2010

realworld10 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-14-11, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realworld10 Click to send private message to realworld10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season 11 - Ep 6"
I think it was Deni - she said that she hated to miss but she couldn't pass up this opportunity to do something for herself.

They showed parts of the wedding - looked like a big one.

My son was recently married - I can't imagine missing it.

02-14-11, 10:53 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Season 11 - Ep 6"
I had only watched about half when I posted - then saw it when they got their videos from home.

How much time do they have when they are notified they will be on the ranch and when they actually leave?
Short notice - no time to postpone wedding?

How much time would you (not specifically you but anyone who wants to answer) require to postpone a wedding so your mother could attend?

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-14-11, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Season 11 - Ep 6"
Look at it this way - You've got one daughter getting married and another trying to change/save her life, who do you support? If Deni had said she couldn't do it now because of the wedding, would they have let them be in next season or let Sarah pick a new partner? I don't think so.

Add in the fact that while she is helping her daughter she is potentially adding years to her own life. She is improving her chances of being there for her grandchildren's birth, graduations, and weddings.

I agree it would be hard to miss her daughters wedding, but I believe she made the correct decision in coming on the show.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-10-11, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Statistics"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-11 AT 09:44 AM (EST)

As some of you know, I'm kind of fascinated with numbers. Here are the stats for this week's weight loss:
ContestantWeek 6 poundsWeek 6 %Total poundsTotal %
Jay 14 4.23% 83 20.75%
Jen146.03%6021.58%
Austin103.07%8020.20%
Ken144.36%7018.57%
Q71.82%5913.50%
Rulon123.05%9219.41%
Justin103.42%83 22.74%
Kaylee52.56%4318.45%
Moses113.13%10022.73%
Deni94.29%5521.48%
Sarah104.50%4918.77%
Hannah9 4.29%4718.95%
Olivia167.14%5320.31%
Irene125.56%5120.00%
Jesse114.28%47 16.04%
Arthur92.03% 7214.20%
Marci136.50%5121.43%
Courtney103.64%5817.96%

Order of weight loss by team::

JenOlivia
KenMarci
JayIrene
JustinSarah
MosesDeni
AustinHannah
RulonJesse
KayleeCourtney
QArthur

It's interesting to note that Arthur was gloating that the black team won, but he had the lowest percentage weight loss for his team, and the 2nd lowest percentage weight loss for the week. I loved that he looked so upset when Jen got immunity - especially since he traded her to the other team.

Deni & Sarah posted what normally would have been really good percentages, possibly fueled by their anger with Arthur. In general, the Red Black (fixed) team posted some of their best percentages this week. I wonder if having the new trainers in the gym made them fight harder than usual.

Order of weight loss for season (red team is bold):

Justin 22.74%
Moses 22.73%
Jen 21.58% (on unknown team 2/6 weeks)
Deni 21.48%
Marci 21.43%
Jay 20.75% (on unknown team 2/6 weeks)
Olivia 20.31%
Austin 20.20%
Irene 20.00%
Rulon 19.41%
Hannah 18.95%
Sarah 18.77%
Ken 18.57%
Kaylee 18.45%
Courtney 17.96%
Jesse 16.04%
Arthur 14.20%
Q 13.50% eliminated

Interesting to note the way the players for each team are spread out in the statistics. In the top 4, 3 were with the unknown trainers and Jen spent 1/3 of her time with the unknown trainers. Rulon, the Olympic champion, is currently 10th out of 18. He called out Austin for not working as hard as he should but Austin is currently 8th. They keep talking about how wonderful Courtney is but she's 15th out of 18. Arthur is now in last place now that Q is gone and his percent weight loss is not much better than Q's was.

I got sliced!

02-10-11, 11:21 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Statistics"
Does anyone else find themselves rooting for the red team?

I know the teams have to compete against each other, but there is something about this season that seems different. Almost like the black team thinks they have to prove that Jillian & Bob are the best.

I'd like to see some interaction between all 4 trainers.

Even tho the red team had some decent numbers, I wonder if the move to the ranch, change in eating habits, sleeping, environment etc had any effect on them.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-11-11, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Statistics"
Thank you! Yes, I have been rooting for the red team. I've always loved the fact that they took the 4 weeks of immunity and, instead of sitting around on their butts and resting on their immunity, they worked their butts off and posted some really good numbers.

I hate 2 things about this season: 1. the fact that they're really pitting the two teams against each other and trying to generate animosity and 2. the attitude that the black team has that Bob and Jillian are workout gods and are the only ones who can generate weight loss. It doesn't seem to be working for Arthur and Jesse and someone needs to kick their asses.

I always hate watching reality TV shows where they try to manipulate you with the editing. I always try to look around the editing.

To me, the red team has always been about family and doing whatever it takes to lose the weight. I think they should swap the trainers and see what happens.

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-02-11, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Statistics"
I agree, I'm not a fan of the forced animosity. And the way the black team keeps going on and on about being the underdogs, despite the fact that they've won the last two weigh-ins, and the overall percentages are fairly split. The only times the black team have looked much weaker than the red team is in competitions that have required a lot of teamwork. (Though I'm still a few weeks behind, so that could have changed).

02-11-11, 10:00 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Statistics"
I think I'm not rooting against either team. There are players I really like on both and some I don't much care for on both. I find myself really rooting for Jen and Jay and Courtney.

02-11-11, 05:14 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Statistics"
At some point, aren't 4 trainers going to be overkill. Should be interesting to see which ones go and which ones stay.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Statistics"
Maybe when they get down to a certain point (like when Red and Black merge again?) they'll have each trainer assigned to certain players? Each one getting a share of the then pool with possible shifting as a trainer loses their members?

02-14-11, 01:46 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Statistics"
can't remember how it worked out the season when they had the other female trainer come in - & then Jillian came back too.

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-14-11, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Statistics"
It was season 4. Week 12 saw Kim Lyons with 1 person to train, Bob with 2, and Jillian with 4. Kim's player was voted out and so was Kim. Bob lost his team members in weeks 13 and 14 and Jillian had the 4 players in the Finale.

They didn't move the players to different trainers then, but that doesn't mean they won't this season.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •