The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 11, Episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-11, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 11, Episode 5"
Okay, now I've opened it up.

I watched up until the challenge, then watched the weigh-ins. Last week I'm complaining about one hour, this week I'm complaining about two.

The Unknowns lost a lot of weight. A lot. Huge numbers. I think it will be interesting to see what happens with them next week. I would say life on the ranch was certainly different. It was almost like coming from home to the ranch for the first time.

I'm glad they finally had to eliminate somone. I'm also glad the Ranchers didn't.

Given everything that happened on the ranch, it's almost like those who chose Bob & Jillian to begin with got four weeks of immunity as well.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 11, Episode 5 mom2bjm 02-02-11 1
 RE: Season 11, Episode 5 suzzee 02-02-11 2
   RE: Season 11, Episode 5 samboohoo 02-03-11 11
       RE: Season 11, Episode 5 grit 02-03-11 13
           RE: Season 11, Episode 5 tjdmlhw 02-04-11 15
               RE: Season 11, Episode 5 nap_time 02-04-11 16
 RE: Season 11, Episode 5 Tummy 02-02-11 3
   RE: Season 11, Episode 5 taffnic 02-02-11 6
   RE: Season 11, Episode 5 jbug 02-02-11 8
 RE: Season 11, Episode 5 nap_time 02-02-11 4
   RE: Season 11, Episode 5 Tummy 02-02-11 5
       RE: Season 11, Episode 5 mom2bjm 02-02-11 7
           RE: Season 11, Episode 5 samboohoo 02-03-11 10
               RE: Season 11, Episode 5 udg 02-04-11 14
 RE: Season 11, Episode 5 jbug 02-02-11 9
   off subject nap_time 02-04-11 18
 RE: Season 11, Episode 5 Cyndimaus 02-03-11 12
   RE: Season 11, Episode 5 nap_time 02-04-11 17
       RE: Season 11, Episode 5 Cyndimaus 02-05-11 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-02-11, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
We do alot of fast forwarding - really hate the Recraps - Didn't we just see it?? Oh boy!

Anyway - want to give a shout out to my Wyoming Boys- Team Yellow! Leave it to a Wyoming boy to tell it like it is! I went to college (and nearly was roommates with ) Rulon's sister! The Unknowns team put up some great numbers! I wish they'd stop calling them the Unknowns though.. haven't we "known"...?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-02-11, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
The weight losses were so weird. Did the team under the yellow loose more weight percent-wise then the highest on the ranch team? Makes you wonder if they're making the Unknowns and their trainers (Brett? and ?) look like they're having more success? Seems to be a lot of comments on how Jillian and Bob are the best yet the weight loss is greater with the new trainers?

Let it snow

02-03-11, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
Upon returning to the ranch, the Unknowns were in a completely different place regarding eating and exercising. That could have a lot to do with it.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-03-11, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
I just got done watching the episode so I ran the numbers while I was watching. Here's the breakdown:

Ranch team:
Orange: 3.57%
Green: 2.42%
Purple: 2.47%
Aqua: 3.06%
Blue: 2.09%
Total weight lost: 63 pounds, 2.53%

"Unknown" team:
Yellow: 4.58%
Red: 3.59%
Brown: 4.43%
Gray: 4.04%
Pink: 4.42%

Total weight lost: 130 pounds, 4.21%

The red team, who fell below the yellow line with the lowest percentage of weight loss, had a higher percentage of weight loss than the team with the highest percentage of weight loss on the Ranch team.

Even though they're now on the Ranch, the "Unknowns" are still losing weight at a phenomenal rate. Is it the trainers? Or the mind-set of the people who chose the unknown leaders?

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-04-11, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
Before we get too excited about the unknowns weight lose, we should consider the possibility of game play. The unknowns knew that they would be facing an elimination in week 5, so it is possible that they were a little thirstier than normal during week 4.

The only unknown in double digits for week 4 was Moses at 11 pounds. Ken lost 9 and Justin lost 8, all of the rest were at 5 pounds or below. They still had amazing loses even for 2 weeks and I do believe that they are a much stronger group than the ranchers, but I don't think they would have had that many averages above 4% if they hadn't all had immunity the week before.

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-04-11, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
Very good point. Didn't think of that! But that would make sense and be good game play.

~Running in my dreams, Thanks Agman! ~

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-02-11, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
I didn't like that the Unknowns had to eliminate someone and the Ranchers didn't. Especially with how the numbers turned out. I think it should have been whoever fell under the yellow line period.

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-11, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
I'm in total agreement with you there. Didn't the Ranchers lose 63 lbs as a team and then everyone on the Unknown team lost double digits except the two females who lost 9 lbs apiece. So their weight loss was twice that of the ranchers and they had to send someone home??? Not fair at all in my opinion...

courtesy of Cap'n2patch

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-11, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
They planned it that way so that now both teams are at 9 players each.

Right?

02-02-11, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
I couldn't believe that the orange girl actually gained weight to make sure Don would get to go home...what would have happened if "game play" had taken effect and the group had voted to send her home. Why waste a whole week's worth of work to gain weight? I am glad to see that Don's son is back in the family and he is doing well at home. I feel sorry for the people that could have had Don and Dan's spot on the ranch.

Did anyone else notice that Jillian didn't even say goodbye to Don? She hugged the others and walked out. (I know that it could have been just what the camera showed.)

I was impressed with the numbers that Brett & Cara's team displayed last night. Wonder if they will have the curse of the second week on the ranch, or are they past that? I would think they have some major adjustments being on the ranch now. No one to fix their meals or clean up for them.

I was glad that no one from the ranch team had to go home last night. I really like all of them. What we saw of Brett and Cara's team I liked as well. They didn't pull any punches with "Q". He will have to be above the yellow line from now on or he will be gone.

Glad they are going to colors next week as far as teams. We can say Red team or black team instead of ranch and unknowns...wonder how Bob feels about not having a blue team this year?

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-02-11, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
I was surprised that Orange girl (can't remember her name either) didn't have a bigger weight lose during the second weigh-in as I assumed the 6 lb gain was from watering up before the weigh-in. So she just lost 2 lbs that week?

I did think that Dan and Don was a waste of a spot, but obviously they learned during their time and put it to use. I do think it was about weight loss and not money with them so I'm okay with it now.

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-02-11, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
Orange girl, (whatever her name is...) they went back to her weight before the gain, from the first weigh-in- which was 224, I think.. then she started at that again, and lost the 8. So really, she lost th 6 lbs from watering up, and then additional 8. (we had the to check the DVR , hubby wanted to make sure. )

02-03-11, 09:19 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
They did the same thing with Don. It looks like this season they are going back to previous weight when someone gains so that they can't skew the numbers the next week. I like that. Only took them 11 seasons to figure that out.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-04-11, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
In the case of watering up, though, it doesn't help all that much. If the person lost ANY weight that week and covered it up with water, that weight loss means they start the week with a bonus! Say she only lost 2 lb last week, and then drank 8 lb in water (nice round gallon, that works out to). Production takes her back to her last weight loss, which is still 2 lb heavier than her actual weight.

Most contestants have to win a challenge to get a 2 lb advantage at the weigh in.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-11, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"

02-04-11, 03:52 PM (EST)
18. "off subject"
JBUG....TOO CUTE!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-11, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
It will be interesting to see what the "unknowns" weight loss is next week after their second week on the ranch. There will be stress on them from having to actually play the game so that could make a difference. I wish we would have seen a little of their opinions on preparing their own food compared to what it used to be like for them. Was it hard for them to eat right?

sig courtesy of Cygnus

02-04-11, 03:51 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
I was under the impression that their foods were portioned and prepared for them... so they just ate what they were given. OR did you mean now that they are on the ranch. I am sure there will be some major adjustments.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-11, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Season 11, Episode 5"
I want to know what it's been like for them now that they are on the ranch and have to prepare their own food. I know they'd been learning about nutrition and such but now they have to actually make their own choices and prepare food when they are tired and such. (I know for me it's so much easier to make bad choices when I am tired and don't feel like taking the time to prepare a proper meal)

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •