The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 11, Episode 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-11, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 11, Episode 2"
Wow, I thought the producers did a great job with the theme, the little engine that could. The Losers on the Ranch were truly the underdogs, and I thought personally that they would be blown away by the Unknowns. All that boxing, kicking, crawling, lifting at the unknown camp is very serious cardio. To me, the last chance work out on the ranch didn't seem as demanding.

Then, with the challenge....ugh. The folks on the Ranch said it themselves. They are lacking a strong leader, but, they all seem very committed to the group, to the team. So far there isn't a team that I don't like this season. And they are cracking into the emotions and the underlying problems that keep them heavy very early on. They are "bonding" much quicker this time, it just seems to me. And, Arthur! What a character he is. I thought for sure that he would eat those donuts! And I loved how he danced! I was thrilled to see the orange girl win the greatest percentage of weight loss for the week as well.

So, next week we will be introduced to the unknown trainers....

Re. Jillian. When she was unavailable for not feeling well, I couldn't help but to ponder if she is pregnant, as we all know this will be her last season and we know she wants to start a family. But, then, I was thinking that there is some overlap with the filming of these BL seasons. For example, isn't the season underway when the last season's finale is shot live?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 11, Episode 2 realworld10 01-12-11 1
 RE: Season 11, Episode 2 Tummy 01-12-11 2
 RE: Season 11, Episode 2 skeetergirl87 01-12-11 3
 RE: Season 11, Episode 2 jbug 01-12-11 4
 RE: Season 11, Episode 2 samboohoo 01-13-11 5
 RE: Season 11, Episode 2 vince3 01-13-11 6
   RE: Season 11, Episode 2 Flowerpower 01-13-11 7
   RE: Season 11, Episode 2 rasslinmomma 01-13-11 8
 RE: Season 11, Episode 2 grit 01-14-11 9
   RE: Season 11, Episode 2 JessicaRN 01-14-11 10
       RE: Season 11, Episode 2 featherfish81 01-30-11 13
   RE: Season 11, Episode 2 Flowerpower 01-15-11 11
   RE: Season 11, Episode 2 skeetergirl87 01-18-11 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realworld10 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-12-11, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realworld10 Click to send private message to realworld10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
I'm not sure that I like the two "tribe" mentality (Survivor reference). How are they going to be able to merge later? At least when it was Blue versus Black they saw each other every day. With this approach they are in completely different mindsets.
The underdog thing was a bit much. Just because the other group - with LESS players - lost more weight the first week - the team on the ranch were underdogs? With Bob & Jillian?
As for Jillian - I'm thinking she really isn't in to it this season. Didn't I read that she doesn't want to go through a pregnancy - that she wants to adopt?
I do think the players are very interesting to watch - loved the Arthur dance!!!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-12-11, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
I laughed about the David and Goliath comments. They have Bob and Jillian and the Ranch and they're calling themselves the Underdogs. Really? I didn't buy that at all.

I already don't like the two new trainers but it's just because of the way the show is introducing them. *eyeroll

I fear that if America votes at the end of the season for the third finalist that this concept might bite one of the unknowns in the rear. The Ranchers are getting alot more camera time and we're becoming more invested in them than the unknowns. I don't even know the names of the unknowns.

Loved the Arthur Dance!

I figured Bob and Jillian's team would do well the 2nd week, as Bob and Jillian have pretty much overcome the curse of Week Two.

Jillian wasn't pregnant. She'd either already have had the baby or be big and pregnant and she just did a Self magazine shoot and a Go Daddy shoot and there wasn't any baby. She has talked about wanting to adopt.

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-12-11, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
I agree about how they are choosing to show the two "teams". I'm not sure why they are not focusing more on the "Unknowns". It's not like it's a secret that they're there and they are legitimate contestants just like the other team. I realize that all of the Unknowns will be around for four weeks and we can get to know them better later, but in the meantime, the audience is bonding more with the Ranch team. I also don't like how they hid the trainers - lets just see their faces and get it over with. It will be interesting to see what happens when they "merge". Will all 4 trainers still be there and how will they split up the contestants between trainers?

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-11, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
It's the trainers of the group that are unknown - NOT the contestants; dumb name reference.

Don't like that we aren't being shown more of the 'other team.' Some are not getting any camera time. They could still do camera time with them; I don't like it.
We don't even get to see their individual/couple weigh ins! (Well, that could be considered a good thing less time waiting thru all the beeps! You go Bob! tell them - get on with it. LOL

I had forgotten about the 4 week immunity thing; I was wondering why they didn't show us the elimination vote or when they were gonna show it. LOL (bet I'm not the only one who forgot .)

Shivering in the cold - Agman 2010

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-11, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
This has been an interesting season thus far. I agree with Jbug that the trainers are the unknowns, not the contestants. I'ts been strange because I feel all of my bonding going to the contestants on the ranch. I'm not sure if this was the way to introduce the new trainers - did they learn nothing from what happened with Kim?

I couldn't tell how the weigh-in was really going to go until I looked at the clock and realized there wasn't enough time for a deliberation and elimination. I loved Arthur's dance. Definitely a feel-good moment.

I can wait to see the transformations for many of these contestants.

I think Tummy answered about Jillian. She's likely just sick.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-11, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
I wonder if part of the reason that they haven't really shown a lot of footage involving the teams that are with the 'unknown' trainers is to prevent this season becoming the "Rulon Gardener Weight Loss season"... at least until the immunity wears off for those with it...

01-13-11, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
I'ts been strange because I feel all of my bonding going to the contestants on the ranch.

I agree, 100%. I have loved Rulon from the past, as I am an avid Olympics fan, but really, the time the unknown trainers team have had on the air, is far, far less than Jillian and Bob's team. So far there is no doubt about it, they are featuring Jillian and Bob's team, while polarizing per se the "others".

I can understand them not immediately throwing the new trainers at us, but I feel sorry for the other contestants...can't help but to wonder if it's significant toward the ending of the season.

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-13-11, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
This is the first season I've ever watched Biggest Loser. Why? I was hoping to see the "Rulon Gardener Weight Loss season". So sad to see what this former Olympic Gold wrestler has let happen to his body. I'm also using it as a life lesson for my rasslinboys. They eat like garbage trucks, but have teenage-boy metabolism and work out all the time.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-14-11, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
I read this thread before finally watching the episode last night on Hulu. The “unknowns” are getting more camera time than I thought based on everyone’s comments here, but they still need to show us more. I’m not sure if it will affect the America vote at the end because it’s only 2 more weeks before they rejoin everyone at the ranch. We’re still looking at 14 -16 more weeks, right? That’s enough time for anyone who doesn’t get voted out to get the necessary camera time.

I don’t think the “unknowns” sent the donuts – I think the producers did that to wind up the Ranchers. Also, the video that the “unknowns” sent to the Ranchers – that was the producers. It’s not like these people said, “Hey! Let’s make a video to piss off everyone back at the Ranch!” I hope that doesn’t backfire on all the people over at the “unknown” camp. I think some of the Ranchers are resenting the couples who chose the unknown trainers over their precious Bob and Jillian. Some of the couples seem really offended that anyone would pick unknown trainers over Bob and Jillian. I think there’s also some resentment because the people in the unknown camp beat them by such a huge margin the first week.

Personally, I really think the people who chose the unknown trainers have their heads and hearts in the game more than the people over at the Ranch. Some of the Ranchers seem a little lazy and whiny. Maybe it just seems that way to me because they’re showing us a lot more of the Ranchers.

I was surprised at how low some of the weight loss numbers were over at the “unknowns” camp. I don’t usually watch the first few weeks of TBL. Is this normal to have such a drop the second week?

Loved Arthur’s dance at the end. That was hysterical!

It's a capn2patch original

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-14-11, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
I also felt like those at the ranch should have felt manipulated by the producers. If the other team had such easy access to doughnuts, then it probably would have happened years before this. What, they can just call out and have anyplace deliver. I think we would have seen pizza delivered before this! The same with the professionally edited video.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-30-11, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
I agree, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like the players are being manipulated, even more than normal (I mean, it is a reality show, so you have to expect some editing). I wonder how much convincing they had to do to get the other teams to talk trash.

Also, I'm a little confused by the whole competition between the ranch and "Unknowns." When they started, it seemed like it was just going to be a choice between two sets of trainers, and once they were separated it became this huge battle, with underdogs and heckling and not letting them see each other. It's not like Blue vs. Black, when the teams were actually competing against each other to stay on the ranch.

01-15-11, 09:40 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 01-15-11 AT 09:42 AM (EST)

I was surprised at how low some of the weight loss numbers were over at the “unknowns” camp.

The second week is notorious for having very diminished weight loss in comparison with the first week. This has been seen season after season, and Jillian and Bob expect it. I think Jillian and Bob have figured out a way to try and keep the weight loss going. I was thinking that the Unknown camp had such huge numbers the first week that they could be a risk for having a very low weight loss second week. It has alot to do with the amount of water that is lost the first week...

Here's a nice article about Rulon and his partner. He makes a statement about how he is trying to pick Jillian and Bob's brains regarding health and nutrition while on the ranch, so they must make it well beyond the 4 week mark...

Rulon Gardner: From Olympian to Biggest Loser

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-18-11, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season 11, Episode 2"
I was looking forward to seeing more of Rulon, too. Hopefully he'll make it past the "merge" (sounds like Survivor) and be around for a while. As a Nebraska girl (he went to college in Nebraska), I followed his career in the Olympics and remember his great victory over the "unbeatable" Russian guy in 2000. I actually got to meet him and get my picture taken with him holding his gold medal at a Nebraska football game a few years ago. He was big then, but nothing like now. He's a heck of a nice guy and I hope he does really well. I think he has that same wrestler intensity that Matt did a few seasons ago, so as long as he doesn't fall below the yellow line, he should go far.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •