The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"May 18"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-10, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"May 18"
Home Visits
The Marathon
The Weigh In
The Vote

Go ahead

Agman 2009
happy naptime?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: May 18 samboohoo 05-19-10 1
   RE: May 18 qwertypie 05-19-10 2
       RE: May 18 Tummy 05-19-10 13
 The Marathon jbug 05-19-10 3
   RE: The Marathon nap_time 05-19-10 5
 RE: May 18 nap_time 05-19-10 4
   RE: May 18 slw1 05-19-10 7
 RE: May 18 MizJazmine 05-19-10 6
   RE: May 18 Cyndimaus 05-19-10 8
       RE: May 18 samboohoo 05-19-10 9
           RE: May 18 tjdmlhw 05-19-10 10
               RE: May 18 jbug 05-19-10 11
       RE: May 18 MizJazmine 05-20-10 18
           RE: May 18 crs3192 05-23-10 25
 At Home jbug 05-19-10 12
 RE: May 18 MKitty 05-20-10 14
 Seasonal rant against marathon MKitty 05-20-10 15
   RE: Seasonal rant against marathon JessicaRN 05-20-10 16
       RE: Seasonal rant against marathon Flowerpower 05-20-10 17
           RE: Seasonal rant against marathon MizJazmine 05-20-10 19
               RE: Seasonal rant against marathon jbug 05-20-10 20
                   RE: Seasonal rant against marathon Flowerpower 05-21-10 22
                       RE: Seasonal rant against marathon MKitty 05-21-10 23
                           RE: Seasonal rant against marathon nap_time 05-24-10 26
                               Well said. udg 05-25-10 27
 RE: May 18 KwietOne 05-21-10 21
 RE: May 18 udg 05-22-10 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-10, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: May 18"
I knew from the commercial who had gained the two pounds because of Tivo slo-mo.

I saw the opening sequence. I thought they all looked really good then. I saw them go home and weigh in. I went to sleep at that point.

I watched this morning to cofirm it was Daris.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-10, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: May 18"
and Jillian should just STFU.

She is so obsessed about the numbers, it's really neurotic.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-19-10, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: May 18"
I thought Jillian was spot on to call him on his bullsh!t. If he lies to everyone, including himself, he's going to be one of those that goes back home and gains it back. I said, good for her for calling him out on his bs.

05-19-10, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "The Marathon"
I've never been a runner but....
Michael, Ashley & Daris all looked to have very good form while running - back straight, shoulders back, arms in rhythm.

Koli looked like a rag puppet from the moment he took off. His arms were flapping, his shoulders were hunched & rolling from side to side. His running form was very bad! No wonder he seemed to be having so much breathing trouble.

Editing made it appear that he was keeping up with Daris to a degree; that Michael & Ashley were way way behind Koli & Daris. They showed Mike & Ash walking now and then; but only showed Koli running (if you could call it that) & him constantly saying he wasn't gonna walk.

But in the end - tho I couldn't see the timer clearly - it appeared that Koli finished at 6 hrs 6 minutes?
and Michael & Ashely finished at 6 hrs 26 minutes.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-19-10, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Marathon"
You are correct. Michael and Ashley finished just 20 minutes after Koli. I think they edited it to make it look more like a competition between Darus and Koli. I noticed Koli's posture too. I wondered if it wasn't because he has not gotten used to the weight not pushing down on him, that he hasn't learned to stand straight. (not sure if that makes sense or not...but he looks like he is still carrying all the weight and that is why he is slumped over.)

~Running in my dreams, Thanks Agman! ~

05-19-10, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: May 18"
Thank you JBUG! I was happy when I signed on to see you had already been here and got us started!
I will be back with my replies!

slw1 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-19-10, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail slw1 Click to send private message to slw1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: May 18"
I think Daris showed two common problems of people who are overweight.

1. Eating for comfort. He told us in his video diary at home that he was eating to ease the anxieties of the marathon and losing weight at home.

2. Night eating. He said he did well during the day but ate a lot at night. I have somewhat of the same problem. I do all right during the day but about 7 p.m. I want to eat again. Doesn't matter if I'm not hungry, I want to eat. I've got it down to indulging in pop corn or a piece of toast. (Low cal high fiber bread--no jam.)

Jillian's method of calling him out on it may not have been good, but she was right about it. You don't prepare for a marathon and gain weight. You gain weight because you're eating too much of the wrong thing. Trying to say you couldn't work on losing weight because you were busy running doesn't even make sense.

I'd like to see Daris in the final three and hope he's figured out what he has to do at home to finish this journey.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-19-10, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: May 18"
I'm happy for Michael & Ashley. Even in how they ran the marathon together. I'm pulling for Daris. I hope he gets the second chance.

Since when are contestants allowed to go anywhere but home when they're sent HOME? I think Koli should have got the boot for that but all along he's had a disregard for some of the things the trainers have said. I'll be happy with anybody but Koli winning this.

I'm looking forward to the finale. I'm thinking it's gonna be one of the twin brothers that's gonna win the 100k. It'll be fun to see how everybody looks now.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-19-10, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: May 18"
I thought the same thing about Koli. He wasn't home. He wasn't dealing with the same things the others were. But it didn't seem to help him. I had wondered if it might backfire on him. As much as I haven't liked his arrogance lately, I sincerely hope he doesn't end up gaining all his weight back. I had hoped he would use Sam's presence as inspiration and encouragement (Sam had only been back for a week)

I was glad to see Daris admit his eating when he was talking to America. I really do hope he is the one America votes into the finale.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-10, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: May 18"
Where did Koli go?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-19-10, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: May 18"
Las Vegas - Vegas isn't the place that I would go to lose weight, but he checked into a martial arts facility when he got there and appeared to be working hard.

05-19-10, 01:06 PM (EST)
11. "RE: May 18"
So he wouldn't have the usual distractions that they have at home.
He told Bob he was focusing strictly on the weigh in and winning the big prize,
I think it was quite evident that he didn't train to run the marathon.

He had Sam at home; he & Sam could have worked out every day and motivated each other - as he claimed they did while they were on the ranch.
And? if getting away from distractions was so important, why didn't Sam go to Vegas with him?
Isn't Sam trying for the at-home prize?

05-20-10, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: May 18"
I have no respect or regard for the Grey team or the Yellow team. The duplicitous way they played the game pretty much so ruined the season for me. How could Koli & Sam possibly put Mellissa down doing what they were doing? The whole time they got in the camera talking about how "gaming" is wrong". I don't think I've seen a season where people have done that. At least I can't remember. They even penalized people by putting them out the game if they even thought they were gameing. Now to only find out that that is how they controolled the game and held others hostage while they "gamed". By Daris, Ashley, & Michael's response I don't even think they knew what was happening before it was too late. I think they thought, "we are all in this together", but they weren't, and they found that out. IMO Koli is a true blue hypocrite and I could care less about him. I surely don't want to see his behavior rewarded. Sorry but that's the way I really feel.

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-10, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: May 18"
I may have missed something, but what did Sam do that was so horrible?
Sam was always my favourite until he was voted off. I agree that Koli has lost much of his charm but I still love Sam. And it seemed to me that Sam was usually pretty honest and not a game-player, except for a couple times when he fell under Koli's influence (which happens to the best of us.)

05-19-10, 03:44 PM (EST)
12. "At Home"
I think what Daris was experiencing was probably very close to what many have happen when they go home.
It must be very hard to continue the routine and the healthy food.
His mother looks to have lost a lot of weight too. Maybe between them, they can get the unhealthy food out of the house so there aren't as many temptations.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-20-10, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: May 18"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-10 AT 01:14 AM (EST)

I am very happy that Michael and Ashley made it to the final three..and very upset at what happened to Daris. Koli, he is getting to intense and freaking me out. I think he has become too overly focussed on the money and that just isn't attractive... So, my hope is that Daris gets in...

As for the finale, I think I am going to have to root for Michael as he has come so far and absolutely amazing in what he can do now. His attitude, his work ethic that he now has...he is just amazing..and looks totally hot to boot!! And Ashley, just looks gorgeous and also has done remarkably well. So, really I would be happy with either of them winning!

Go Michael!! Go Ashley!!

*Summerized by Agman*

05-20-10, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Seasonal rant against marathon"
I said it before, I 'll say it again. I think the idea of making them do the marathon is stupid and dangerous. People can wreck their knees, get shin splints, etc.. by both training for and running the marathon. It's so punishing to a body and is quite dangerous for people of a heavier weight, such as Michael, due to the extra strain on his knees. I think it's just a bad idea. I can see it as being a great accomplishment for these people to say "I did a marathon" but I think there are just too many risks of injury and such to make it a good thing to do right at the end. The chronic cardio they push on the contestants is just so condusive to injury and wearing down the body...

Okay ....rant over...

Summarized by the Capn!

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-20-10, 04:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Seasonal rant against marathon"
I just finally watched this show and I agree with most of everything already said. I did notice that Ali was the only past contestant who still looks as thin as she did when she won!! Helen looked good earlier in the season. Just making a generalization, but perhaps the men get so caught up in the competition of the show (like Koli is now) that it is hard to maintain the weight loss after the show is over. I thought Sione really had put it back on.

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-10, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Seasonal rant against marathon"

I have alot of mixed feelings with this episode as others seem to have. First of all, I 100% agree with the dangers of running marathons, especially with folks that are carrying alot of extra weight. They are very, very hard on joints, especially knees and hips. I loved how Michael and Ashley stuck together. I was also surprised at how some of the former contestants looked.

But, what we all have to realize is that this show is unrealistic, and they lose SO much weight very quickly and abnormally. How many grown people can focus on training and conditioning at least 8 hours a day or more, and have all of their meals monitered. It is a dramatization, and I don't think that's the intent of the producers, it's more to motivate overweight folks that with hard work, commitment, and perserverence, you, too, can lose the weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle. And, I might add, that I think it does a phenomenal job - it motivates me every single week, and I am not even overweight. So, it's a show that is inspirational for us all. And look at the transformation it provides for these people....the increase in their self esteem, their increase in feelings of productivity and of accomplishment. It shows America that you can set goals, and if you commit to them, you can do it. They can do the show because they have teams of trainers and physicians that moniter them throughout the show.

I thought that most of the guys were much heavier that returned, especially Sione. I was sorry to see that. But, look at Matt, one of the season's winners. He's larger, but he is still so focused and healthy with his workouts. He continues to workout and train and even does iron man competitions. He's a beast and a real inspiration.

But, for Daris, I have alot of skeptism now. I know he failed, and he sees it too. I hope he takes this wake up call and gets the help he needs to rectify his problems with his eating. I fear that the show has not taught him or honed in enough on the eating part of the equation, perhaps. I think Jillian, in calling him out, was out to challenge him. I think he needed it. While I have loved Daris, I don't believe he should get the chance to compete in the final three.

As for Koli. Sometimes I think folks can mistake his dedication and commitment for arrogance. I think Koli made a mistake when he went to Las Vegas and that perhaps he should have stayed on at home and committed with Sam. Most likely he could have done better. But, he didn't cheat, as Daris did, he erred non-the-less, but he never waivered on his commitment and devotion. Think about it, if I were in the competition I, too, would be dead set concentrated on the finale as well, I would want to win! They have made it to this point, they have to be focused on the win. Look how Tara was on her season, she was very, very committed. So was Helen. I don't fault them for their commitment to win it, or for their competitiveness. Therefore, I believe that Koli should be the third part to the final three.

I also think that if Daris makes the final three he will not win it. He's pretty small at this point. I think it would be a better final three with Michael, Ashley, and Koli because it could really be close, and a great finish. Any of the three could win it. Just my 2 cents!

05-20-10, 01:46 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Seasonal rant against marathon"
>
Most likely he could have
>done better. But, he didn't
>cheat, as Daris did, he
>erred non-the-less, but he never
>waivered on his commitment and
>devotion.

How did Daris cheat?

05-20-10, 02:28 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Seasonal rant against marathon"
I think FP was referring to Daris "cheating" on his diet.
Meaning he was eating things or eating more than he should have been.
It's a common term (for me) when one gets off their diet - of falls off the wagon
That's the way I read it.

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-10, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Seasonal rant against marathon"
Yes, thanks, Jbug! I meant that he "cheated" on his diet. He admitted that Jillian was right. He confessed that he ate alot at night. He was good during the day, but ate at night. That's what I meant. He went off his diet, against his better judgement and what the show had taught him.

He didn't really cheat anyone but himself. I thank God this happened now though, as it pointed something very important out to him. That, if he wants to stay healthy, he can't waiver, and go against his better judgement. The judgement is what the show has tried to teach him the entire time.

But, to reiterate the point. Daris had a shot at the final 3, but because he cheated, he went against commitment to get to the final three, whereas Koli did not, I think Koli deserves the chance in that final three moreso than Daris. Just my 2 cents!

05-21-10, 06:36 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Seasonal rant against marathon"
Actually, you make a really good point about Daris throwing in the towel and Koli working harder. Hmmm...not sure anymore...but I think I like Daris better as a person. He's still young, so has lots of learn about commitment and perservance (which is why the younger ones never seem to win...even thought they probably have the highest metabolisms!)

ARGHGH...I really do like them all...but you really made me think twice now about Daris and Koli!

Summarized by the Capn!

05-24-10, 12:18 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Seasonal rant against marathon"
Daruis may have had a set back while at home...but at least he was in the real world. Each contestant has to learn how to maintain their new lifestyle in their everyday life. So at the first attempt, Daruis didn't do so well... hopefully he will learn from his mistake and be able to adapt better from now on.

Koli just ran away from the real world. He couldn't "focus" while there were other people around. What is he going to do after the finale. He can't live in Vegas forever. He will have to face the day to day stuggles like everyone else sooner or later.

IMO the 30 days at home was a challenge. Daruis may have "cheated" but at least he competed... Koli ran away.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-10, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Well said."
I totally agree, nap_time.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-21-10, 04:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: May 18"
Pathetic...Darius crying and pleading for your vote. Suck it up!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-10, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: May 18"
I fast forwarded through most of the at-home bit.

I've been p***ed at Koli since week 11, when he told Ashley that Stephanie had thrown the week 9 weigh-in. I rarely vote for reality contestants, but this week, I voted for Daris like mad, simply to keep Koli out of the finale. He's been so cocky about his ability to win it all that I don't even want him to have the chance to try.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •