The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"March 23 - Ep 11"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-10, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"March 23 - Ep 11"
I think this is #11 - anyway.

All I can say is

yea!

Blue sent the right person home.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

That's not actually all I can say; I'll be back to say more.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: March 23 - Ep 11 samboohoo 03-24-10 1
   RE: March 23 - Ep 11 jbug 03-24-10 2
       RE: March 23 - Ep 11 crs3192 03-24-10 3
       RE: March 23 - Ep 11 maroonclowns mom 03-24-10 4
           RE: March 23 - Ep 11 jbug 03-24-10 5
 RE: March 23 - Ep 11 Cyndimaus 03-24-10 6
   RE: March 23 - Ep 11 qwertypie 03-29-10 19
 RE: March 23 - Ep 11 MizJazmine 03-24-10 7
   RE: March 23 - Ep 11 jbug 03-24-10 9
       RE: March 23 - Ep 11 MizJazmine 03-25-10 11
           RE: March 23 - Ep 11 Tummy 03-26-10 12
               RE: March 23 - Ep 11 MizJazmine 03-27-10 14
                   RE: March 23 - Ep 11 HistoryDetective 03-27-10 16
           RE: March 23 - Ep 11 Cyndimaus 03-26-10 13
               RE: March 23 - Ep 11 MizJazmine 03-27-10 15
                   RE: March 23 - Ep 11 Cyndimaus 03-28-10 18
                       RE: March 23 - Ep 11 MizJazmine 03-29-10 20
 RE: March 23 - Ep 11 HistoryDetective 03-24-10 8
   RE: March 23 - Ep 11 suzzee 03-25-10 10
 RE: March 23 - Ep 11 featherfish81 03-28-10 17
 RE: March 23 - Ep 11 maroonclowns mom 03-31-10 21
 RE: March 23 - Ep 11 featherfish81 03-31-10 22
   RE: March 23 - Ep 11 MizJazmine 04-02-10 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-10, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
So far, I've only seen the weigh-in. I didn't recognize Koli. I thought he was Filipe from last year (or the year before).

Black Team was the little engine that could. Very proud of them. Blue team had good weight loss. I thought Daris was going to go due to the four pounds. Glad he stayed.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-24-10, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
They had a challenge at home; and of course a temptation - eat cupcakes to add time to another person's challenge time.
Sam & Koli, Ashley, Darius, Sunshine
resisted the temptation.

Lance ate 17 cupcakes. With wifey & family encouraging him all the way. Just proves that she wants the money - losing weight is secondary to her.
There were 30+ cupcakes eaten at 100 calories each. Lance ate half of the total by himself.
Drea, Michael ate a few too.

I don't remember if Stephanie did or not....

Sunshine's dad (? name? I went blank) didn't get to participate - medical. I find this strange cause he was sure pushing it in the gym. Of course the BL doctors (&Bob) weren't there to stop him.

Sam won the bike challenge - but with 15 minutes added to his time (thanks to Lance) it knocked him out of winning.
Koli came in 2nd & since no one added time to him he won the $10,000. Lance was in 3rd place. I was so happy

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-24-10, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
Melissa made me so mad as she encouraged Lance to eat all of those cupcakes. And as he smiled and ate all of them for Sam, I wanted to punch both of them. (I have a soft spot for Sam)

Stephanie did not eat the cupcakes. I was happy.

YES KOLI. As much as I wanted Sam to win, I'm glad his partner did it and that they beat Lance. I'm so happy that I saw that smug smile wiped off of his face.
Oh and Sam beat them all in the honest race, so good for him.

O'Neal still annoys me. Sorry.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-24-10, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"

Me too, jbug, jumping for joy that Koli won. Also jumping for joy that Lance {{shiver}} is gone.

03-24-10, 12:26 PM (EST)
5. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
I'd bet a dollar that Melissa was trying her best to get Lance to eat a few cupcakes to put against Koli too - cause Koli was definitely a rival to win; but being that Koli was on his team, Lance wouldn't put any time against any of his own team members.

I wondered if they found out who put time against each person; so if Koli knew that Lance was the one that knocked Sam out of 1st place.

I wanted to scream at Lance when he made some comment about "winning" the challenge while he was eating to put time against others. If it had worked, it would not have been a "win"; sure he might have gotten the money, but YKWIM.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-24-10, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-10 AT 01:23 PM (EST)

The editors need to change up their "go to commercial during the weigh-in" face shots. Every single time we get some sort of shocked look from Bob. Perhaps we could see some other emotion from him. (and do we really believe that he is shocked at what he sees every time?)

Good episode. I was so glad the black team won and by such a huge amount. The blue team gets a bit cocky and it's good to knock them down to a more realistic view of things.

Whenever it comes to a temptation I am always wondering why any of them eat the food. At elimination time they're all crying about how badly they need to be there but they forget that when it comes to winning some prize. You're there to lose weight. Who cares if you get to pick the teams or win $10,000? Sheesh!! I'm always proud of those who choose not to eat. (it's a matter of life and death, but go ahead and try to keep someone else from winning the prize)

Done ranting.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-10, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
I take a shot everytime Bob shows the OMG face as they cut to commercial. Well, not really a full shot because I am not as young as I used to be, but we definitely toast Bob's face.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-24-10, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
I'm glad the Black team won. Good for them! I'm glad Darius didn't go home. He seems like such a sweetie. I understand every bit of them competing seeing how it's a CONTEST as well. If they had just wanted to lose weight, they ALL could have remained in obscurity and anonymity. I'm not even gonna buy the "I'm here for the weight" crap. No you're there to lose weight AND hopefully win a quarter of a million dollars.

I have just really gotten fed up with this so called "rightness" or "righteousness" of not competing. That's just pure and total garbage. If that's the case then they shouldn't have signed up for the BL but just taken their behinds to Weight Watcher's, Jenny Craig, 50 million pound challenge...ANYWHERE but the Biggest Loser! Don't tell me it's not for the money. They're ALL there because of the money. Give me a freakin' break....

Whew...glad I got that outta my system.

03-24-10, 08:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
I have to disagree w/ you.
I have a niece who has been overweight since she was very young; she was always very physically active - played sports all the time; tried all the diets; couldn't lose weight.

She went to a BL audition in 2008 (or maybe 2007). She didn't get chosen. I'm not going to say winning the prize wouldn't have been nice for her - but truly, she wanted help to lose weight.
The prize was secondary.

Since then she was able to quality for the lap band surgery. She has lost 100+ lbs - & has maybe 20 more - or less - to go to get to her goal weight (& these are the hardest).

So I do believe that for many of those who want to go to the BL ranch, the weight loss is their goal & their prize.

03-25-10, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
The Biggest Loser is first and foremost a competition. Yes it's a competiton to see who can lose the most weight, but a CONTEST just the same. The weight loss is a means to an end. The end being 250K and whatever other perks they can pick up along the way.

People don't have to enter contest and/or go on Reality TV to lose weight. Your argument of your neice proves my point...sorry but it does.

What I believe is many of those who go on the BL may want to lose weight BUT they want to be compensated as well. To say it's soley about the weight loss is just a load of crap...bogus.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-26-10, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
I think the people that didn't eat the cupcakes proves you're wrong. Yes, there are those that play the game, but those to seem fewer than the people that want to go to just be able to focus on getting healthy.

To just be able to focus on themselves for weeks at a time is payoff enough to want to be there.

03-27-10, 03:15 PM (EST)
14. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
Actually the mere fact that these people are in a CONTEST to begin with proves me right. What's a few cupcakes compared to 250K?

They are not at the BL Spa. They are at the BL Ranch, along with other competitors. So how much focus on themselves can there really be? Especially with TV cameras & scripts? Yeah that's some kinda focus they got going on there alright!

ALL of them are competing for money & prizes which is fine. If not then don't be there, but please don't tell me it's soley about the weight loss...that's just crap.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-10, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
Actually the mere fact that these people are in a CONTEST to begin with proves me right.

The only thing that this statement proves is your inability to see the nuance of any point of view other than your own.

03-26-10, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
I really do think it's a mixture of people on BL, but I think the fact that it is an intensive weight loss program away from home is a big draw (and you don't have to pay for it). A lot of the people could probably be successful at home but sometimes they need the kickstart that being on the ranch brings. And some of them really, desperately need to be there.

People like Vicky (from last season) and Lance and his wife from this season bring down the integrity of the show, in my opinion. No reason to go all nasty just because you are playing the game.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

03-27-10, 03:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
While Vickie (ughh) and Lance & Mellissa are not my favorite people, what did they do besides show that they were there to compete for the money as well? I mean really what did they DO?

What is this THING of some people wanting people to pretend that they're not there for the money? It's like the minute people actually start to compete, then they're viewed as BAD! Those who don't are considered Noble or Righteous? Really? When they're ALL in a contest to begin with. So what is IT? Do enlighten me...

I don't agree all the way with your 1st paragraph, but I'll give it some credence

03-28-10, 00:40 AM (EST)
18. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
I think Vickie, Lance and Melissa rubbed people the wrong way with their attitudes. There have been others who have played the game but weren't as disliked. Obviously the money is on people's minds. They set it up that way so I do know what you're talking about.

I guess what bothers me about the game play part is when those same people who are crying before elimination about how badly they need to be there-that it's life or death for them-are often times the one who eat the cupcakes or whatever during the temptations. Seems hypocritical to me.

Hope I expressed myself clearly. It's so easy for thoughts to bounce around in my head but they sometimes don't come out as understandable.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

03-29-10, 07:49 PM (EST)
20. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
Actually I had forgotten that Lance was married to Melissa until he went home. Other than the 17 cupcakes and the "Sam you're going down" remarks, I hadn't seen much of an attitude with Lance. As far as Melissa goes, It didn't bother me that she was competing because I remembered when Matt did it. What bothered me with Melissa was that she didn't stand up and proclaim it as such. Basically she lied.

I know there is a true dichotomy here but is it really hypocritical of them when they signed up for a contest? I mean on one end I think they want to lose weight, but in all honesty they want to compete also because that's what they're there for also. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It is what it is, but to call it something else or make some seem more noble just irks me.

It's hard for me to explain, but I guess while everybody is seeing a weight loss program, I am seeing a contest. I really am and I can't fault any of the contestants who are honest about that fact. I hope that makes sense. Also thanks for an honest & thoughtful response. I think you kinda get what I'm saying, even though you may disagree.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-10, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
I always thought that Melissa was a total bitch (and a liar), but after this episode I think of both Melissa and Lance as trash. Could they have been any trashier trash? Good riddance! What was up with all the members of his team kissing his ass as they voted him out. Go away --- and take that furry creature on your face with you!

And it's easy to see how much O'Neal regrets not being in front of a camera for the first four weeks of the competition because that camera whore just cannot get enough of it now. It's like he's trying to make up for lost time. Does he lay awake at night composing yet another speech that he thinks is inspirational and heartfelt? His prepared remarks never sound authentic, only rehearsed.

And WTF was O'Neal talking about in his little soliloquy about always pushing his body to the limit?! Pushing it to the limit...?! Of what? Not being able to support itself? C'mon, dude, you were the only one not allowed to participate in the challenge. And what was all the nonsense about pain only being temporary so there's no need to worry about an injury? Does he even listen to the words as they come out of his mouth? Sunshine!

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-25-10, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
You hit the bullseye, right on Melissa and Lance, right about O'Neal. Biggest Loser. 'nuff said.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-28-10, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
You know, the weeks that it's just been Lance, he hasn't bothered me. Melissa encouraging him to eat all of those cupcakes was definitely annoying.

I was surprised that no one ate cupcakes for Koli or Lance, especially when they did for Stephanie and Drea.

In terms of the temptations overall, I would be much more willing to do a temptation like this one, where you could control exactly how much you ate, than something like the matching one, where you had no idea how much you might have to eat. But 17? That must have been his entire calorie count for the day.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-31-10, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"

Oh No, no, no. I`m seeing RED.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-31-10, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
I know we've moved on to a new week, but I remembered a question I had, so hopefully someone knows the answer.

How come the yellow and white families didn't know that they were coming home? The other families had enough warning to put together a small get-together, but they were just sitting at home saying, "Oh hey, you're home!"

04-02-10, 06:47 PM (EST)
23. "RE: March 23 - Ep 11"
I'm not sure how they do that, but I know with the White team Michael had just been home and his family was experiencing a crisis with the grandmother. So I think any kind of celebration there was nullified. With the Yellow team, I don't know.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •