The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-06-10, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
We need a place to discuss - not just bash

Reality tv has to have some creative thinkers - trying to come up with new stuff every season.
Interesting to have the contestants weigh in at home. Like the orange guy (Daris?) said: right in front of all friends in family!!!!

If they continue to select the bigger and bigger people for this show, the ones that are under 300 lbs won't have a chance, will they? It's percentage but.... A person at 500 losing 50% of weight is different than a person at 280 losing 50%.

Have contestants ever lost that much in their first week there? I was surprised and amazed! I think it goes to show that a lot has to do with their change in diet; no more colas, no more fried foods, no more gallons of ice cream, no more sweets, and? no more beer or alcoholic beverages. That's bound to make a big difference right there!

Those big guys were really tall too! At least compared to Jillian & some of the women LOL.
Boy the green team really needed that immunity! Tho their weight loss looked like a lot when they weighed in, only 5.74% and I think only the twins was less, right?

No favorites yet - too soon. And no one yet that I really don't like (ie Tracey, Icky).
But I was really glad the white team got to stay.
Wonder why the twins didn't lose as much as some of the other men? They sure had plenty to start with, so????
The comment that James made about being able to go home and continue to work out without having to go back to work like his brother would have to do was telling - that they receive compensation for the weeks they are at the ranch.

Sparkled by Agman 2009

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 nap_time 01-06-10 1
 RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 Snidget 01-06-10 2
   RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 jbug 01-06-10 3
       RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 qwertypie 01-06-10 4
 RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 GOOU 01-06-10 5
   RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 samboohoo 01-06-10 6
       RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 jbug 01-06-10 7
           RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 qwertypie 01-06-10 8
               RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 qwertypie 01-06-10 9
                   RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 samboohoo 01-06-10 10
                       RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 qwertypie 01-07-10 11
 RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 Ahtumbreez 01-07-10 12
   RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 trigirl 01-07-10 13
       RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 tallgirl 01-07-10 14
           RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 qwertypie 01-08-10 15
 RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5 justmyhumbleopinion 01-08-10 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-06-10, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
I didn't like the twist at the beginning where the two teams were sent home after the challenge, but was glad to see that they get to come back after 30 days. I like the blue mom! That also gives them an advantage, cause they get further in the show...

I couldn't imagine getting on a scale in front of everyone! That would be some motivation to get busy and lose some weight. I know when we do the biggest loser at school between the teachers, I always lose more cause we have to weigh in together. The accountability is motivating!

I am not sure who said this..but there was a conversation going on around me and someone said that a friend was trying to get on the biggest loser, but she only weighed 230, so she felt like she didn't have a chance because the show keeps going to heavier and heavier contestants. Do you think they are going with heavier contestants to show people at home that are that big it can be done... OR are they doing it for drama and the shock factor?

There were two records broken last night. One woman, (purple) broke the most weight lost in one week by a female and the White team guy broke the overall most weight lost in one week..so I guess they haven't lost that much before in the first week. Speaking of the white team guy. I liked what he said about breaking records, that he was embarassed that he broke the record of the heaviest contestant ever, but he was going to change that to breaking records he was proud of. Losing the most weight in week one being the first.

I was sad to see the twins split up, but the one that got sent home looked like he was doing well. When he talked about not having to go back to work when he got home, I wondered if he is on disability? They were talking about how bad his knees and ankles were...so maybe he can't work? I really don't know..but wondered. Also I thought about the other twins from a few seasons ago... Didn't one win the BIG prize and the other win the at home prize?

I haven't picked a favorite either...but like you said there hasn't been one that I don't like yet.

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-10, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
Went to wiki and did some calculations. Did it as a group for only those that had a weigh in for the first week.

Based on % of weight Season 2 did lose more (6.73%) and season 9 was 6.21%

On a pound basis they lost 20.8 pounds each where season one lost 19.4 pounds. Even season one (which was the lightest season) lost on average over 10 pounds each.

First week weight losses tend to be pretty big as the diet changes tend to make it so people store a bit less water in their body.

First season they even had some people under 200 pounds on the show. I do worry that the going bigger than ever every year will limit who can be on it. It would be nice to see at least a few "normal overweight" people like they had the first season.

01-06-10, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
Like the guy in white said, he could lose 200 lbs - a whole overweight person - and still be overweight!

Agman 2009

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-10, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
Yeah, I agree while watching an morbidly obese person losing weight might be motivating, but it also might lull people into a false sense of security -- "Hey -- I'm OK. I'm only 50 pounds overweight" when their health is being compromised.

GOOU 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-06-10, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GOOU Click to send private message to GOOU Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
Did anyone else think that maybe most of the contestants loaded up at home before their first weigh-in? Seems like that would skew their weight loss numbers for the first week. If that it what happened, I guess the twins may have been penalized for playing fair -

just a thought - I was really shocked by the huge numbers last night and felt like something wasn't right... it may be, however, they are just all so large that their numbers will be larger each week too.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-10, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
I thought the same thing when I saw they were weighing in at home.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

01-06-10, 05:01 PM (EST)
7. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
I had the same thought.....

Sparkled by Agman 2009

01-06-10, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
Great minds think alike. Me too!

01-06-10, 05:58 PM (EST)
9. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
Hey - was it mentionned the time lag between them weighing in at home and starting at the ranch?

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-10, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
I thought they showed up at the ranch the next day. I thought I saw "24 hours later" at some point.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

01-07-10, 01:30 AM (EST)
11. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
Thanks! I guess you could even load up on water and not pee until after the weigh in.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-10, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
I'm going to say what I said last season - I like it when they're small enough that I get to see them at their goal weight at the end of the season. I mean we've had Shay and Daniel and they looked better, but it isn't that big of an emotional pay off for me as seeing someone start big and then seeing a healthy active person at the finale achieve their goal weight.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-07-10, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
totally agree with that. Also, as a viewer, I find it hard to identify with the morbidly obese. You ask a 400lb person to ride a bike for 26.2 miles after they have been sitting on a couch for how many years?! Doesn't seem right.

tallgirl 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-07-10, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tallgirl Click to send private message to tallgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
I would find that challenge difficult as I hate bike riding and the seats hurt me - I'm within a normal BMI but would like to lose 15 pounds. I'm not sure I would have found it easy to walk down the stairs the next morning during the 'fire drill'.

01-08-10, 04:13 PM (EST)
15. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
I'm with on you on the bike seat issue.

justmyhumbleopinion 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-08-10, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justmyhumbleopinion Click to send private message to justmyhumbleopinion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: New Season - 1st Ep - Jan 5"
I thought it was interesting (sad) that with the parent/child teams, with one or two exceptions, the child was far heavier than the parent. I especially noticed it with the mother/daughter teams (too early to know any names).

I'm sure that trend has been in past seasons with parent/child teams, but for some reason it really stood out for me on this episode.

I definitely notice the trend in my family as well - in each generation, those who are overweight usually surpass their parents. It is a scary trend.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •