The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-09, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
The producers overstretched their two-hour running time with the World's Longest Weigh-In (now with even more commercial breaks!) and forgot to leave a few seconds for the after-time-passes shot? Held it back for the Jay Leno Failure in hopes of luring in an extra three viewers? Really needed to put three extra layers of totally staged cheese on Daniel's conversation? Bob and Jillian's post-elimination assault on the studio accidentally wiped out the footage? She gained it all back plus five more and they're saving that reveal for the finale? Lost an additional one-fifty and they're saving that for the finale?

I'll go with 'Trying to present an argument for extension to a three-hour show.'

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... samboohoo 11-11-09 1
   RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... Breezy 11-11-09 2
       RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... samboohoo 11-11-09 9
   RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... jbug 11-11-09 4
       RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... Estee 11-11-09 6
       RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... samboohoo 11-11-09 8
   RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... fullofgrace2470 11-11-09 10
 RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... Silvergirl1 11-11-09 3
   RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... frankz 11-11-09 5
       RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... Estee 11-11-09 7
           RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... frankz 11-11-09 11
               RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... samboohoo 11-12-09 12
                   RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... nap_time 11-12-09 13
                   RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... newsomewayne 11-12-09 14
                       RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... samboohoo 11-12-09 15
                   RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... featherfish81 11-12-09 16
                   RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... frankz 11-12-09 17
 RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... trigirl 11-13-09 18
   RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... JessicaRN 11-13-09 19
       RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Tr... Donald Chump 12-02-09 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
I wondered about that as well - definitely poor planning whatever the reason.

Here is the clip from the website. I almost actually like her again.

I missed the first 30 minutes. When did it get so nasty? Amanda/Rebecca/Shay/Daniel seemed to be acting like such brats last night.

I had a feeling Shay was going from commercial clips during the week. Then when she dropped 17, I thought for sure she was safe. I'm glad she's gone. I liked her in the beginning, but she really turned it into everything being about her, and I thought they all "needed" to be there.

Daniel has a girlfriend, who he will reveal at the Finale? I wonder if it's Rebecca.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
I thought I had missed something.

I was glad to see Shay go, she was horrible last night.

And what was with the obsessing by Pink and Orange? That was ridiculous. Sleep is an important part of weight loss, right along with exercise. Idiots.

11-11-09, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
I think they all fed off of each other and made it worse.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
Very odd that we didn't see her transformation.
Guess they're holding it back for the finale - whether she lost more or gained it back.

I too was tired of it being like Shay was the only one who needed to be there. Even Jillian & Bob played into it.

Another thing that got to me was how she kept implying that she had no one at home to support her; to help her continue her journey. Yet, she is married and when she got home, there was a house full of people - who all appeared to care for her. So I think she was deceiving the other contestants at the ranch into thinking she would fail if she went home (IMO).

11-11-09, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
Even Jillian & Bob played into it.

I'm waiting to see their reactions next week when they discover Shay's banishment. I think we've got a pretty good chance of having Jillian dive over the couch to go for Rudy's throat.

11-11-09, 10:47 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
And she now has six trainers. I wondered about all of that as well.

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-11-09, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
As soon as they didn't show Shay's transformation, I said "Oh no!". I instantly thought the worst. I hate Jay Leno, but I had to see if she would be on there. I'm glad I stuck it out because Shay looked beautiful! She has 6(!?!?) trainers now. I thought she had to work 3 jobs in order to make ends meet. Does anyone know if TBL gives them gym memberships or anything? I was happy to see Shay and Daniel go home as I liked them the least. I'd be happy with any 1 of the 6 remaining winning.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."

In our case, we did stay tuned to Jay, who had the two losers on late in the show. I had to sit through Howie Mandel, who told a horrible story about his daughter peeing on him, but it was his own fault.

The funniest bit on Jay was the Jingle writer, and that was in Baltimore, so I was more interested than usual.

frankz 1210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-11-09, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
We got suckered into watching Jay too and they did reveal Shay's current status. Am I allowed to say?

I have neither been there nor done that

11-11-09, 10:34 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
Thou art. Spoiler time is pretty much over.

11-11-09, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
She lost another 50 pounds. As mentioned above, she has 6 trainers, one for every day of the week to do different exercices. And yes, I would assume Loser pays for that.

Wheelie by RollDdice
There are plenty of businesses like show business

11-12-09, 10:40 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
I don't think Loser does pay for it. I got the impression that these were six trainers who volunteered to help her. Maybe Loser made some calls, maybe Bob & Jill did. But if Loser is going to pay for trainers, etc. while they are home, what would be the big deal about going home? And why would they pay for one and not anyone else?

Hopefully this isn't coming off in a smartypants way, it's not my intent.

One other thing about Shay. She said in one breath that she wasn't there for the game, yet in another she said her goal was to break the record for the fastest female to lose 100 pounds. Whatever.

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-12-09, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
I have wondered if the trainers don't volunteer their time with the contestants to get their endorsement later on after the finale. I would think it would be a great selling tool to be able to say, "I was Daniel's at home trainer and I helped him get ready for the finale."

I also know from my husband's experience that if you are very over weight and belong to the YMCA, the "fitness coaches" will work with you for free just to help you get started and get healthier.

~nap_time~

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-09, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
One other thing about Shay. She said in one breath that she wasn't there for the game, yet in another she said her goal was to break the record for the fastest female to lose 100 pounds. Whatever.

See, I don't think those two statements are contradictory. When she says she's not there for the game, I understood her to mean the money and manipulation, i.e. Two-facey and Icky. But the hundred pound weight loss isn't "the game". It's a goal, an achievement. And it's one she succeeded in getting.

surfkitten siggie and board shop 2007

11-12-09, 04:59 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
*whack* Don't disagree with me.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-12-09, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
I always assumed they had a deal with 24 Hour Fitness that gave the contestants a membership until the finale. I don't know about the trainer, though.

The benefit to being on campus is the controlled environment, plus not having outside responsibilities to take away your time from working out.

11-12-09, 07:56 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-09 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

Boo -actually I agree with you and not in a smartypants way.

You're right, Loser probably does not pay for trainers but they do have clout and trainers do want to get "noticed" so yes, they more than likely "volunteer" their time after a phone call or two.

I mean we aren't the only DAWs out there.

Shake head back and forth quickly to see the Bob motorcycle z000m!!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-13-09, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
I might be evil, but I am so over Shay and was glad to see her go home. I assumed that we didn't see her 'transformation' because they were saving it for the finale.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-09, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
I'm over Shay also. She still seems to be buying into being a victim too much. I think she over-reacted to Rudy. She either came into this feeling entitled or hearing everyone else say it made her believe that she deserved this more than everyone else there. Hopefully, she is getting some counseling along with her 6 trainers. Sounds like she had a horrible childhood and she seems pretty angry.

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-02-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Shay's Dramatic Moment Of Transformation Being Completely Ignored."
That's because she actually did have a horrible childhood, with a heroin addict for a mother, a habit which ultimately made the state take away Shay and put her in foster care. She mentioned how her mother would bring men into a hotel room and make her hide in the closet while her mom screwed them (presumably whoring herself out for heroin money).

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •