The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-01-09, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
Didn't realize this was starting late tonight.
No spoilers here YET - just getting us ready for lots of discussion later
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 KwietOne 12-02-09 1
 RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 Estee 12-02-09 2
 RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 samboohoo 12-02-09 3
 RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 jbug 12-02-09 4
   RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 samboohoo 12-02-09 5
       RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 jbug 12-02-09 6
           RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 samboohoo 12-02-09 7
       RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 weltek 12-02-09 11
           RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 samboohoo 12-02-09 14
               Personally... udg 12-05-09 23
                   RE: Personally... samboohoo 12-05-09 24
 RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 nap_time 12-02-09 8
   RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 GOOU 12-03-09 18
 RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 mtopaz 12-02-09 9
   RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 jbug 12-02-09 10
   RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 weltek 12-02-09 12
       RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 samboohoo 12-03-09 16
           RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 weltek 12-03-09 19
       RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 featherfish81 12-05-09 26
   RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 MKitty 12-02-09 13
       RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09 JessicaRN 12-02-09 15
 marathon blacknwhitedog 12-03-09 17
   RE: marathon jbug 12-03-09 20
   RE: marathon samboohoo 12-03-09 21
       RE: marathon MKitty 12-03-09 22
           RE: marathon mtopaz 12-05-09 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-02-09, 03:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
California watcher here just finished watching at 11:45pm.

OMG! Danny lost 59 pounds!!!

America's Vote is between Amanda and Liz.

Go Danny!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-09, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
Oh, the drama. ((c) VolsFan)

Oh, the suspense.

Oh, at least they knocked Leno off the air for one night.

Because it was just so obvious that Amanda and Liz had a chance to have lost another forty-one pounds.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-09, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
I only saw the first hour - right up to them returning to the ranch for the marathon. I peeked this morning to see the weigh-in. I was so impressed with Danny.

As I was watching last night I kept looking at Rudy and seeing a lot of Tara from last year. Their expressions, the way they talked. It was weird.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

12-02-09, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
About Jillian's visit to Liz's home.
I was not a Jillian fan last night.
Jillian likes the hustle & bustle of city life, but not everyone does. And? not everyone looks at their quiet country life as being sad or a bad thing. Many of us enjoy it.
Jillian looked shocked that Liz's husband was gone all week working - leaving Liz alone. She acted like he has a choice.
It just seemed to me that she was looking down on Liz's lifestyle. Like she was blaming Liz's weight problems on being isolated. Uh, Jillian - most or many of the others who came to the ranch lived in the city with lots of people around - so don't blame the quiet life for Liz's weight issue.

I think I just don't like that they spend so much time trying to discuss the underlying reasons for the weight problems. I wonder what formal training Jillian has had in that area...... that she thinks she has the answers for everything.

12-02-09, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
I saw this part, and I agree. I was saying to the TV, "Did you see Rocky train for his fight with the Russian?"

I also agree about the underlying problem issue. Not everyone has emotional issues behind weight gain. Some of us just like to eat.

12-02-09, 11:16 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
Some of us just like to eat.

I always seem to be eating a bowl of ice cream while watching TBL.

12-02-09, 11:46 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
Others of us like to walk by the box of pie and eat slivers of it while watching TBL.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-09, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
Word. Yeah, my parents weren't always home at 4:00 when I got home from school as a kid, so I saddled up to the tv with a bag of Doritos or Oreos. That doesn't mean I have resentment towards them, or anything else. I just developed habits and love the taste of food. *shrug*

I agree that she tries to link every emotional issue to being fat. Sometimes they aren't linked. I swear she tries to plant sh!t in people's head.

-A Tribetastic Creation

12-02-09, 07:07 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
I wonder what Jillian could find out about my addiction to Ruffles and Onion Dip. Especially Tastefully Simple Onion Onion Onion Dip.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-05-09, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Personally..."
I've gained 5 lb just reading this thread.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

12-05-09, 04:41 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Personally..."

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-02-09, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
Missed everything but the weigh in! I was so proud of Danny! I hope he wins! WOW.. 201 lbs total!

I was not surprised about Liz and Amanda being the two below the yellow line. Who are y'all going to vote for?

I think I am going to vote for Liz... even though she irritates me with the "old woman" talk... I just love a good ole southern woman and her attitude. LOL

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

GOOU 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-03-09, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GOOU Click to send private message to GOOU Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
Nice article in the Tulsa World newspaper yesterday about Danny. Broken Arrow is a suburb of Tulsa. Hope the link works:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=371&articleid=20091202_275_0_Broken551815

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-02-09, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
I agree -- it was no surprise that Liz and Amanda were the two below the yellow line. I voted for Liz only because I never connected with Amanda during the entire season. I FF'd through all of her segments last night. She's a nice girl, but somehow, I never felt an interest in her story.

I also agree that I didn't necessarily think Liz was so "isolated" and lonesome at home. In this economy, she and her husband are probably just glad he's got a job, never mind that he's got to travel during the week for it. They didn't say how far it was into town, but I had to laugh at Jillian's disbelief that Liz could drive all the way into town 5 or 6 days a week to get to the gym. I grew up in the country, so it's no big deal to have to drive into town, not if you're used to doing so.

I think all four finalists looked really good last night. Danny's weight loss was quite amazing -- he is clearly driven. I just hope that he figures out why he has gained and lost over the years, and can stay at a healthier weight for the rest of his life when this is all over.

Note to future final 4 contestants -- expect the marathon or something like it and begin training the moment you get home! That looked very grueling.

Danny and Liz have a special connection, which is nice to see. But I do wonder how Danny's wife (and Liz' husband) feel about it. Liz' husband turned up to help run with her, but you can see the distance between them. I'm not sure their marriage is going to make it in the long haul -- seems there is probably a lot of history there to overcome.

Rudy's wife is beautiful! His daughters are precious. I hope he can stay fit and healthy after the show is over.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

12-02-09, 03:40 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
Altho I lived right next to a small town, there are no gyms here or stores (except General Dollar) and only 2 restaurants (one is okay in a pinch, the other I refuse to go to) and no grocery store, so.....
We drive 15 miles to the next larger town that has all these things.
I laughed that Liz's driveway is 1 mile from front door to mailbox . Mine is only 1/4 mile.

12-02-09, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
I've also been a little weirded out by the Danny/Liz connection. Given the stress that a new lifestyle can put on a marriage, and the connection those two have, I wonder if their respective spouses feel a little odd.

-A Tribetastic Creation

12-03-09, 09:57 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
There have been many seasons where I have thought this. I thought Rudy and Dina had a real connection early on in the season. With Danny and Liz, I have actually not thought anything of it. Yes, they are close and have a bond, but it just never seemed to me that it was anything more than a really good friendship. I don't know if it's because Liz is so much older or if it's because Danny was always talking about his wife and family and how much they meant to him and how much he was doing this for them. Or maybe it's because I've never seen any physical chemistry between them. Their bond is one I have really enjoyed though, and it got them to the end. They did it all together - especially the marathon.

12-03-09, 03:53 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
I have mixed feelings on her sticking with Danny. On one hand, she was an awesome, supportive teammate. On the other hand, she also put others before herself. She stated that they decided at the begining they'd go on without each other if their paces changed.

For ME? Sticking with the slower person could also be a convenient excuse to follow the slower pace and not have to realize what I can or cannot do on my own. Just reminded me of what Jillian and Liz herself said about always giving to others and never just being YOU.

After seeing the whole ep last night, I think Danny is loyal to his wife and really just sees Liz as a friend. I think Liz realizes husbands can be more like Danny and wants someone LIKE Danny for herself.

-A Tribetastic Creation

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-05-09, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
Odd is probably a good word, especially since they already showed us that their marriages were stressed. It was a little weird to watch that episode, though, with extended discussions with the contestants. It was like watching their therapy sessions, which was awkward.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-02-09, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
I just love Danny. But, the fact that his wife looks a lot like scary Tracy, kind of freaks me out!! LOL

Yes, I hope that Liz and her husband can come together again, as it does look like they are still miles apart. And yes, I do agree that Rudy does kind of look like Tara with the crazy eyes thing he does.

Go Danny!!!

Crooning courtesy of Agman

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-02-09, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Season 8: Episode 12 - 12/1/09"
I like all 4 of them this season. It is kind of nice to see a reality show with people that you think you would like in real life.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-09, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "marathon"
ok I don't run and I don't get running- but is it really healthy to tell a group of obese people- oh by the way you're going to run marathon in 2 months- and don't worry that you didn't train to run 26 miles and don't worry that you're knees and hips are about to fall off- just push past the pain- I don't get that message

12-03-09, 04:03 PM (EST)
20. "RE: marathon"
I don't get it either.
Or how they had them try to run a mile their first day there.

12-03-09, 05:33 PM (EST)
21. "RE: marathon"
I try to run, and I don't get it.

Back in 2007 I decided to run a 10k. I hadn't really worked out since giving birth a little over three years before. There was a training team - how hard could it be?

I went from not doing anything to running 4 miles in 1 one. The result? Stress fracture in my ankle. Remember Mahk (Mark of Mark & Jay)? Stress fracture. Remember Laura? Stress fracture. Remember Danny's hip killing him? Stress fracture.

I don't get the marathon either.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-03-09, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: marathon"
I totally agree with all of you about the running thing. I think it is downright dangerous, not to mention extremely stupid, to get overweight/obese people to stress their body that way - ESPECIALLY without extensive training. I think it is so irresponsible of the show to allow them to even do the marathon and especially the "first mile" thing.

I kept thinking about Danny's knees and how much damange, perhaps even irreversible, that he was doing as he "powered" through.

And, don't get my started on the first mile thing...they almost had people die doing that...you think they would clue in!

Ask any chiropractor or physio and probably most doctors, and they will tell you that running is one of the most punishing and dangerous things you can do to your body.

yeah, I shudder when I watch them be forced to run those distances with the injuries they have (or will soon have!)

Seasonal CATastic courtesy of Agman!

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-05-09, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: marathon"
A much more realistic show is Dietribe. I watched this past season and the goal was for the five friends to do a triathalon at the end. But it showed them training for each leg, and knowing well in advance of their goal. Also, their weight loss goal in 120 days was 50 lbs., except for one woman who was a lot shorter than the rest, so her goal was 35 lbs.

The show had it's own moments that felt contrived to me, but the overall message seemed to be a sensible way to lose weight through exercise and modifying your diet realistically.

I also think it's extra mean of TBL producers to make the final lap of the marathon on sand!

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •