The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-09, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
Was everyone over in Hell's Kitchen? Or the DWTS studio?
I know I didn't watch TBL all alone, did I?

And even at that, I missed a bit here & there (I was giving my mother a perm Don't you all wish you could see her this morning? LOL)

Okay, for the run down.
The group is told that if they can lose 150 lbs - as a group - for the second weigh in, no one goes home! But if they don't lose it, then 2 go home. They are all excited; then they get to thinking about how the 2nd week is usually pretty bad - at least in seasons past. Dan reminds them that on his previous time at the ranch, he lost 30 lbs his first week; and only 3 on the 2nd week. Coach Mo is the motivator; he's the coach! I like this guy; I can see him being successful as a coach .

Then they get to learn about nutrition from a great chef (?).
Then they have a quiz. If they can get 5 out of 8 questions right, they get a 15 lb advantage - meaning they only have to lose 135 lbs as a group. The questions and answers go as you'd expect; tension, drama, Yes! They won!
Now they're all celebrating.

At some point they were telling Bob & Jillian about the challenge of losing 150 lbs for the week; Bob & Jillian sorta bursted (I know, oh well) their bubbles .

Next challenge is walking a balance beam over the water. 1st platform wins them another 5 lbs; 2nd platform wins them another 5 lbs; 3rd platform wins them phone calls to home; final platform wins them another 10 lbs.
This is a team effort. Everyone must make each beam and platform before they move on to the next. If any one person falls in, the game is over.
Oh, and the beams get narrower as they go.
All the drama and potential falling that you expect. Always a commercial break just as someone is expected to or appears about to fall.
Yet, they all make it all the way! Yea!!! phone calls to home and another 20 lbs off their goal loss. Now only 115 to lose.

Lots of crying and runny noses during calls to families.

Bob & Jillian still thinking 115 is a lot for the group to lose.
They work them all to death (not quite literally, but close) in the final workout. Bob is really puttin the hurt on Julio.

On to the weigh in.
No details of who lost what but..........
they did it! Made their goal of more than the 115 and still had Dan & Shay to weigh in!
So Dan & Shay weigh in and the group lost MORE than 150 as a whole. No one goes home. Everybody happy.
The 2nd week is now a myth. This group put it to bed.

okay, so a lot more happened, but others can tell ya'll about it.

Agman 2009

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 samboohoo 09-23-09 1
   RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 jbug 09-23-09 2
       RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 samboohoo 09-23-09 3
           RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 thndrkttn 09-23-09 6
               RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 nap_time 09-23-09 7
                   If that's the case udg 09-23-09 12
           RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 Starshine 09-23-09 10
 RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 nap_time 09-23-09 4
   RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 jbug 09-23-09 5
 RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 maroonclowns mom 09-23-09 8
 RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 MKitty 09-23-09 9
   RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 featherfish81 09-23-09 11
       RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 nap_time 09-24-09 13
       RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 jbug 09-24-09 14
           RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 Ahtumbreez 09-29-09 15
               RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09 featherfish81 10-01-09 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-09, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
I had PTA and had to catch up on Big Bang. I saw the first 30, then peeked at the end to see if they made it.

Agree about Coach. I really like him. How did Tracy do?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-23-09, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
I think Tracey lost about 10 lbs.
She was really worried; cause she can't do the exercise program like everyone else. I didn't catch why.
But she walks up & down stairs very slowly - with someone holding her hand.
Her legs must be really sore!

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-09, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
She said she felt weak. Maybe they don't want her to overdo it again.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-23-09, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-09 AT 01:14 PM (EST)

At one point, Tracy stated that her exercise had been restricted and that she was not allowed to do as much as the others.

ETA: I really like this group with the exception of Julio. Other than him though, great group.

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-23-09, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
On one of the bonus scenes, (nbc.com) the doctor made the comment that she still had some muscle probelms from the heat stroke. They are supposed to be monitoring her closely.

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-23-09, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "If that's the case"
She should be fully recovered in another week or two. When she starts on the heavy-duty work outs, she'll start shedding the pounds big-time, possibly when the others are starting to slow their losses. She could be Coach's ace in the hole.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-23-09, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
Bob said to her that she couldn't train in the gym like all the others because the doctors wouldn't allow it.

Agreeing on the Dan and Coach love - If the producers want another bloodfest then they need to get rid of them as soon as possible.

Hope they don't though as I liked seeing the support that was shown, it reaffirmed my enjoyment of the show

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

09-23-09, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
I was at a Boy Scout parent meeting...
I missed the whole thing, but thanks to a loving cousin was filled in with the play by play action through text messaging.

Here is the weigh in numbers:
Pink Team: Amanda-4, Rebecca-6
Purple Team: Tracy-10, Mo-9
Red Team: Sean-11, Antonie-8
Green Team: Abbie-11, Allen-10
Brown Team: Danny-12, Liz-10
Blue Team: Dina-8, Rudy-14
Black Team: Julio-19... (WOW)
Orange Team: Daniel-7, Shay-16. (another wow)

Now I will have to wait until NBC post it next Tuesday online to actually see what happens. But I am glad that no one got sent home last night. Too bad they didn't do that the first week to give everyone a chance to adjust...

09-23-09, 11:11 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
Julio was expected to have a big loss; after all, his first week was small compared to most guys and his overall weight.

Don't know what's going on with Amanda; I imagine she must be confused too; hopefully they'll figure out if she's getting the right amount of intake/food.

I'm a bit tired of Shay's attitude toward Julio. She needs to concentrate on herself - and quit harping on whether or not Julio is working as hard as she thinks he needs to.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-23-09, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"

I was in Hell`s Kitchen and had my vcr taping Biggest Loser so I could watch it this morning. When I went to do just that, I noticed my vcr light was still on. Had been having a few probs with the machine (cutting out on me at times)and lo and behold, that is what happened a half hour before the end of the show. Been bummed out all day.

Capt2patch

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-23-09, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-09 AT 04:42 PM (EST)

I was soooo happy to see this team really come together. I really love that they are getting the contestants to work together rather than always pitting them against each other. And, having the trainers work together is also wonderful. It used to really bug me that they would also pit everyone against each other, including the trainers..as the point of the show is to get healthy and live a better life, not become a mean and vicious person who has to be evil and self-centred and only taking care of themselves! What a wonderful change....wonder how long it will last?!! LOL...

I was VERY happy to see Tracy back. I was also happy to see Shay post a big number, but I agree that she has to lay off Julio and worry about herself. Great to see Dan be such a leader...way to go Dan..he really seems to be contributing in a leadership role and that is pretty impressive for someone his age.

*autumnal delight by Agman*

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-23-09, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
To be fair, I think Shay was so concerned about Julio because they were working as a team this week, and she didn't want him to ruin it for all of them.

09-24-09, 12:39 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
Well with him losing 19 lbs. this week, I don't think she had anything to worry about.

09-24-09, 02:51 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
Shay was complaining about Julio - I think she wanted to keep his partner instead. And I think she may have started her rant before they found out they had a team challenge that week.

As far as the team challenge, she really should have realized that with his lower weight loss (in her opinion) the first week, one would think he would most likely have a bigger week the next week.

To be fair? I think Shay just doesn't like Julio.
She even "wished" that he'd have a bad weigh in so that he'd see that it takes hard work.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-09, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
Her confessionals make me wonder how much the producers ask the contestants their take on others.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-01-09, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Season 8, Episode 2: 9/22/09"
Yeah, I often wonder what questions are asked in order to get the quotes from the confessionals.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •