The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-09, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
Did anyone watch? I worked late then watched part of BB. What happened?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 KeithFan 09-16-09 1
   RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 Ahtumbreez 09-16-09 3
       RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 weltek 09-16-09 8
 RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 jbug 09-16-09 2
   RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 Ahtumbreez 09-16-09 4
       RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 JessicaRN 09-16-09 5
           RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 KeithFan 09-16-09 6
               RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 Breezy 09-16-09 7
       RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 udg 09-16-09 13
 RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 jbug 09-16-09 9
   RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 nap_time 09-16-09 11
       RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 JessicaRN 09-16-09 12
 RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 nap_time 09-16-09 10
   RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 samboohoo 09-17-09 14
 RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 samboohoo 09-17-09 15
   RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 weltek 09-17-09 16
       RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 newsomewayne 09-18-09 17
           RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 samboohoo 09-18-09 19
               RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 Estee 09-18-09 20
       RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09 samboohoo 09-18-09 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
Well the theme of this season is "Second Chances", and they are going to beat that theme over our head continuously.

16 players, all strangers, including the super-large kid from last season who has gone from 450-something to 315 or so, started at the last mile of last season's marathon finale. First one to finish gets immunity and gets to pick their partner. Last season-boy won. 2 players went to the hospital, 1 by helicopter evac.

Teams didn't pair up as Bob vs Jillian, they are all going to work with both. I really like this concept because it's not all about Bob or all about Jillian this season; it's them helping each of them.

Lots of 400 club players, including the largest person ever... a woman @ 470-something.

One of the players didn't make it back from the hospital yet so her partner (the other hospitalized player) had to go it alone at the weigh in. He did well.

Black team finished last. One player from the team went home. Looks like she has done well at home, 60 lbs so far and wants to be at 180 for the finale.

That's the Cliff Notes version anyway.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
I like that there is no Team Jillian and Team Bob. I hope they keep it that way.

On a side note about all the 400+ contestants, and this is from a selfish viewer standpoint. I don't like that they're going larger and larger. I like to watch the ones that have about 100 lbs to lose because you can watch them get to goal in one season and the transformation is astounding. I understand big biggies need love to, but I don't get the payoff at the end of the season when they still have another 100 lbs to lose. Selfish - yes. But truthful. *hangs head in shame

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
I worry about all the injuries and hospitalizations that occur with many older and very obese contestants, and having to sit out challenges is kind of iritating. This show was meant to kick your butt in ways it didn't know it could be kicked. They need to decide to keep the same format/level of intensity or make it a little milder. It's too hard to mix the two and still make it a fair competition.

I think the no Bob/Jillian team is good. I hope they keep that, though I doubt it.

-A Tribetastic Creation

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-09 AT 09:39 AM (EST)

I watched. Then switched to the last hr of BB.

The all raced along the beach for the last mile of the previous season's marathon run. The winner would have immunity and get first choice pick for partner for the season.
Dan won; didn't seem fair to me since he has been exercising for over a year and others have not, but....
Tracy started out in the lead but pushed herself way too hard too fast. Practically passed out and had to be dragged over the finish line - was medivac'd out by helicopter. Mo also had trouble breathing & went to the hospital.

The rest got to visit & share stories before choosing partners.
Dan chose Shay - heaviest contestant ever.
Mo & Tracey ended up not being picked and were teamed together.

The rest of work outs and visit to Dr H for evaluations.
Shay walked out of the gym at one point; but came back in.
Mo returned for final work out; Tracey did not.

At weigh in Mo weighed in as a single; but if he was at the bottom either he or Tracey could be sent home.

Pretty big weight losses the first week.

Julio & Alexandra were on the bottom. (Alexandra was a bit pissed cause she lost 13 lbs and so did Julio; she thought he should have lost more since he was a man and has more to lose). Alexandra sent home.

Agman 2009

Between these 2 summaries, hopefully you got a good idea (I kept getting interruptions while typing - took me a while!)

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
I "think" Alexandra was sent home based on the fact that Julio had kids. I think choosing that first boot would be the hardest as you usually don't really have any reason to pick one over the other. Can't remember who said it, but the guy that said when it was his turn to be in the bottom he hoped he was more than a number really made it harder to pick I think. 'Cause that's how I would probably choose this first boot.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-16-09, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
If I'm understanding the real time on this, then Tracy was in the hospital at least a week, which is a really long time these days. At first, I have to admit that I thought she was being overly dramatic, but obviously, I was misjudging her. It is possible that she will have lost some weight being in the hospital, but after lying in bed for a week, she is going to be in a weakened state, so it should be interesting.

Some of those numbers were so huge for only a week.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
I was wondering about that too; she must have some real cardiac issues for them to keep her there that long. I wonder who's insurance is paying for it.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
I've read heatstroke with a very high core temp. I'm guessing they kept her in for observation after they finally got her temp back down to make sure there was no brain damage.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-16-09, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
I liked the guy who said that they basically chose to keep the person they most related to. That was the most honest statement of the obvious I've seen on a vote-out.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
To add some observations:
I was surprised that they had them walk (some started with running but that didn't last long) a mile right off the bat. That is a long way for people carrying that much weight. Wondering how hot it was; wondering if they were given water along the way (I didn't see anyone carrying Brita bottles). Mo was dehydrated, so...
Was it really smart to start off with that kind of exertion?

The training in the gym. Both Jillian & Bob were really going at it and pushing them hard. I can not imagine how sore they got just from the mile walk/run; and then the strenuous exercise.
I know when my muscles get sore it is next to impossible to make them continue to work - the pain can be almost unbearable. So I can see all the crying and screaming; I just can't see Jillian and Bob not knowing how much pain they are in. Yes, I know they must continue to work out - but J & B seem to think they can just ignore the pain - should be able to put it out of their minds like it doesn't really hurt all that much...

The screaming by J & B is enough to make one crazy. I don't think I could stand the cursing language. Like in HK, it just seems so unnecessary to me - maybe because I am so seldom around any of that kind of language. I wonder how Sean, who is a youth pastor, is handling that. I guess it may be just me, but language like that is very offensive to me.

I like the idea of J & B working with everyone. Therefore, no voting by team lines.

LOL - I'm already looking at a few and wondering how they will look if they make it to the make-over episode! Dan has a nice haircut since last year; there are a few others that could use one!

The huge weights of these contestants will make it hard to see some of them reach a "maintain" weight by the finale.

I have a feeling this season is going to be a lot about background stories.

Circled by Capn2patch 6/09

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-16-09, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
JBUG...we were replying at the same time with some of the same thoughts... (Great minds?)

To add... I like the trainers working together also. Takes attention of the trainers and puts in on the contestants themselves.

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-16-09, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
I wonder if they made the change to jointly train everyone so that the whole drama that happened last year when they changed trainers doesn't happen again, especially with Jillian and Felipe. That was pretty ridiculous.

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-16-09, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
Tracey really scared me. What a wake up call...while we were watching it, my mom kept saying, she doesn't need to be running up a hill like that, she is going to give out. hmm...

My favorite so far is Daniel. I am so glad to see him come back. Yes, I agree that he has an advantage over the others, but what a great encouragment to the other players. He has been there, done this...so he can help them through the adjustment. I thought it was great that he chose Shay as his partner, but worried that he was going to be left high and dry when she walked out. I am glad that she got out of the pity pool and decided to go at it.

Abby is my second...she has been through so much. She needs to do this for herself. I thought what Jillian said at the weigh in was very touching. She is also the closeset to my age, so I will have to cheer for her. (Plus, she is on the green team!)

There were several of the contestants that didn't get very much air time. I want to know more about Liz...The oldest lady in the group. Do you think she might be another Helen?

During the show, my family discussed the language that was used by the trainers. While my sister and I snicker at the first few times (because they started a lot sooner this season), my mom was not very happy. I wonder how the language makes Sean feel, being a youth pastor? I mean, I am sure he has heard it before and he had to know to expect it. Just wonder what his take on it is.

In the end, I wasn't sad to see Alexandra go. While I was impressed with her during the workout, I was surprised that she wasn't more encouraging to her partner Julio at the weigh in. She has done really well at home though.

Just my thoughts....

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

09-17-09, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
I thought Alexandra and Julio knew eachother at first - during the race. They bonded pretty quickly.

09-17-09, 11:27 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
Finally watched. I like them all so far. I FF'd through a lot, but I didn't see any nastiness. Hope there isn't any.

I agree about the yelling and cursing from the trainers. I thought it was excessive last this time for some reason - especially for the first workouts.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
Yeah, Bob & Jillian reminded me of you watching a Redskins game.

-A Tribetastic Creation

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-09 AT 10:16 AM (EST)

I'd curse too, if I had to watch a Redskins game.

surfkitten siggie shop 2007

Edit 4: to, too, two, tutu.

09-18-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
You know, I used to love you.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
You lie!

I've been waiting to do that all week.

09-18-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Season 8, Episode 1: 9/15/09"
That's because I was banished to the bedroom to watch. I had to make sure y'all knew I was there.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •