The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TBL contestant cheating on marathon?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-02-09, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TBL contestant cheating on marathon?"
I found this thread on a triathlon training site I use occasionally and found it intriguing. About 3/4 of the way down is the whole story. Wow, I can't believe these guys would actually take a medal after not truely finishing a marathon, but taking a ride partway through. Not good.

http://www.ontri.net/message.php?reply=102446

I'd be curious to see if this is true or not, or if we see any footage of it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TBL contestant cheating on mara... mom2bjm 02-02-09 1
   RE: TBL contestant cheating on mara... flystorms 02-02-09 2
 NBC issues apology for misleading v... nap_time 03-03-09 3
   RE: NBC issues apology for misleadi... Snidget 03-03-09 4
       RE: NBC issues apology for misleadi... nap_time 03-03-09 5
           RE: NBC issues apology for misleadi... mom2bjm 03-04-09 6
       RE: NBC issues apology for misleadi... Ahtumbreez 03-05-09 7
 Redemption Marathon vince3 03-18-09 8
   RE: Redemption Marathon Ahtumbreez 03-18-09 9
   RE: Redemption Marathon Donald Chump 05-09-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-02-09, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TBL contestant cheating on marathon?"
I will say that I personally know Dane and his wife, I go to church with them, they live across the street from me, and they are most definitely NOT the type to compromise their integrity in this manner. They did in fact run the marathon on Saturday, and the BL crew was here to film on his progress.

If I obtain further info, I will provide.

Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-02-09, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TBL contestant cheating on marathon?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-09 AT 08:53 PM (EST)

That would be great if you do find out if either of them got into the van. I hope it's not true, but if it is, it's so frustrating for those who train their butts off to just finish and earn their medal (even in last place), rather than those who don't. If the race director deems it a DNF (did not finish) that would be the thing that makes it more real.

From personal experience, I did a 50k once, missed a turn which caused me to short the course 3 miles. Once I realized it, it was too far to go back, so I just finished my own race and told the RD at the end. I didn't get my finisher's plaque and the time was a DNF.

If one or both of these guys did take a van for even a part of the race, then they'll have to live with that themselves.

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-03-09, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "NBC issues apology for misleading viewers"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-09 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-03-09 AT 03:28 PM (EST)

Saw this on another board. NBC issues an apology for misleading viewers.

I have tried to make a link... but hadn't figured out how yet. Sorry.

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-09, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NBC issues apology for misleading viewers"
Here is the report from RTVW's news page

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/ousted-loser-dane-patterson-didnt-think-anything-of-marathon-ride-8538.php

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-03-09, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NBC issues apology for misleading viewers"
Thanks Snidget! That was the article I was talking about!

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-04-09, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NBC issues apology for misleading viewers"
You can also go the MSNBC videos and hear Dane speak for himself. He was on the Today show Tues 3-3-09. Sorry, don't have the link!

Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman...

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-09, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NBC issues apology for misleading viewers"
I thinks it's a shame he accepted a medal. It undermines what others that actually finished the marathon accomplished.

And I'm sorry but going back later and doing the three miles is not finishing a marathon. I don't count every 26 miles that I walk as a marathon - I'd finish a marathon every 13 days.

I don't blame him for the whole time clock thing - that was obviously the producers.

I think it disappoints me more that he's making excuses, instead of saying "yeah, I screwed up and shouldn't have accepted that medal."

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-09, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Redemption Marathon"
April 25, in Nashville

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/ousted-loser-dane-patterson-run-new-marathon-for-redemption-8633.php

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-09, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Redemption Marathon"
meh

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-09-09, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Redemption Marathon"
This time he actually completed the full distance, in under 6 hours.

http://www.cmmarathon.com/press/dane_patterson.html

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •