The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No New Trainers, Please!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

KathyHKidd 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-05-09, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KathyHKidd Click to send private message to KathyHKidd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No New Trainers, Please!"
I don't want to see new trainers. I like the trainers they have already -- meltdowns and all. Whether or not you like Bob and Jillian, you have to admit they're interesting to watch. Also, they get results.

Despite what I've read here, I don't think it's the trainers who are responsible for all the product placements; it's the production company. If it were just the trainers, the trainers would get paid and the company names wouldn't be in the screen credits. Let's put the blame where the blame is due. If we get new trainers, the product placements are not going to go away.

I wonder if the trainers themselves have decided not to renew their contracts because of all the messing around that ABC is doing with the contestants' lives. It was by no means good for the contestants to send nine of them home after only one week on the ranch, relying on their partners to bring them back. If the goal is really to see a weight-loss process, the producers seem to be doing their all to thwart that process in the name of good TV. Do any of you think, as I do, that Bob and Jillian may just be fed up?

curiously,
Kathy, queen of the universe

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No New Trainers, Please! Starshine 03-06-09 1
 RE: No New Trainers, Please! true 03-06-09 2
   RE: No New Trainers, Please! jbug 03-06-09 3
       RE: No New Trainers, Please! samboohoo 03-09-09 4
           RE: No New Trainers, Please! zazzy 03-15-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-06-09, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No New Trainers, Please!"
I'm a big fan of Jillian, I thought her treatment of Laura this week was very mean, but she was aware of how mean it was and felt that she had to do it to push the point home to Laura. Bob I am a little more ho hum about.

There has been speculation that Bob is unwell elsewhere on the boards, and he has certainly not been as emotionally controlled in this season as he has been before. Which would well mean that he will be leaving, maybe just for a season, maybe for good.

Jillian seems to be frustrated with a number of the people she deals with, I wouldn't be surprised if she had decided to only work with people who had looked her out, and were putting their money where their mouth was, after all this media coverage I am sure she can name her own price, and be able to pick and choose from the people who ask to work with her.

I think that we would be disappointed if they leave and are replaced, however after half a season I suspect we would be over them, apart from a few "Bob would have" and "Jillian was more" s

Something or Other

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-09, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: No New Trainers, Please!"
First of all Queenie, I don't think anyone believes that Bob and Jillian came up with those product placements on their own. Obviously, they were scripted in to what is supposed to be mainly an unscripted program. They're annoying because Bob and Jillian, as hard as they try are horrible actors, and they both make it obvious that those scenes are anything but spontaneous, as they are trying to appear.

I wonder if the trainers themselves have decided not to renew their contracts because of all the messing around that ABC is doing with the contestants' lives.

Also, The Biggest Loser is on NBC, not ABC. Just a typo, I'm sure.

Honestly, I think I'd miss them both if they left, but for all I know there are trainers who are a bazillion times better than they are, and right now, I'm willing to find out. While Jillian has grown on me the past couple of seasons, Bob has really disappointed me lately. I hope, of course that he is well, but I do think he needs a break.

Bring on the new blood, and while they're at it, they can return the show to what it was meant to be in the beginning! An inspiring weight loss program.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No New Trainers, Please!"
True is smaht.

I won't mind new trainers. The first time I watched it (parts of it anyway) was the season when Jillian was gone and the other woman trainer was there. I didn't think she was so bad - course I had not seen Jillian to compare her to! LOL

I think it might be beneficial to those trying to lose weight not to have expectations about the trainers before they get there.

I think some of these (**Sione**) may have formed some kind of thinking about Bob before he ever got to the ranch and that may be the reason he had so much trouble switching to Jillian.

I have a niece who uses TBL dvd's and is always talking about how "Bob" is giving her a real workout.

I've said before, the product placement comes with the reality tv territory. Someone has to pay the money for the big prize. Why shouldn't the company who's forking out the dough get some air time.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-09, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: No New Trainers, Please!"
Agree.

Although I like Bob & Jillian both.

I think the increase in the number of seasons they do each year has increased the amount of time the trainers have to devote to it. I watched an episode of Workout once when they wree making a workout video and that one day put them through a lot of stress.

I don't think Bob is ill. I think he's just working a lot.

*smooches Agman*

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-15-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: No New Trainers, Please!"
Why do people think Bob is ill? TIA.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •