The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Product Placement?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-24-08, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Product Placement?"
I haven't been able to watch any shows this season. But, I've been wondering if the product placement has been as obvious as it was in the last two seasons.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Product Placement? MPVLOST 11-24-08 1
 RE: Product Placement? jbug 11-24-08 2
   RE: Product Placement? YankeeDixieDoodle 01-09-09 3
   RE: Product Placement? YankeeDixieDoodle 01-23-09 4
       RE: Product Placement? ohsweetjebus 01-26-09 5
           RE: Product Placement? YankeeDixieDoodle 02-02-09 22
       RE: Product Placement? Silvergirl1 01-28-09 6
           RE: Product Placement? YankeeDixieDoodle 02-02-09 20
       RE: Product Placement? mtopaz 01-28-09 7
           RE: Product Placement? YankeeDixieDoodle 02-02-09 19
               RE: Product Placement? mtopaz 02-03-09 23
       RE: Product Placement? zazzy 01-28-09 11
           RE: Product Placement? YankeeDixieDoodle 02-02-09 17
 RE: Product Placement? jbug 01-28-09 8
   LOL moonbaby 01-28-09 9
       Wrong sponsor name. Estee 01-28-09 12
       RE: LOL jbug 01-28-09 13
       RE: LOL YankeeDixieDoodle 02-02-09 14
       RE: LOL YankeeDixieDoodle 02-02-09 15
   RE: Product Placement? zazzy 01-28-09 10
       RE: Product Placement? YankeeDixieDoodle 02-02-09 16
       RE: Product Placement? YankeeDixieDoodle 02-12-09 24
   RE: Product Placement? YankeeDixieDoodle 02-02-09 18
 RE: Product Placement? YankeeDixieDoodle 02-02-09 21
 RE: Product Placement? brvnkrz 02-14-09 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MPVLOST 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-24-08, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MPVLOST Click to send private message to MPVLOST Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Product Placement?"
Jello must be providing part or all of the money the winner gets, because every time the host mentions it, she always says "The JELLO grand prize of...."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-24-08, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Product Placement?"
They're pushing gum - maybe Extra?
and still Subway.
and some kind of zipper bags.
and yes the jello and low fat canned whipped cream.

You can see the product placement really works on me
I know what they've showed just not which brand.

Even tho you see the contestants using their Brita water bottles, they haven't said a lot about them.

My name is Jbug and I'm a shopaholic (Agman is too)

01-09-09, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Product Placement?"
I've been using the Zip-Lock microwave steamer bags since before they were featured last year.
And, bought a Brita pitcher Wednesday.
But, rarely eat Subway. Too much sodium.
And, Jello and canned whipped cream have too much artificial crap in them.

01-23-09, 04:03 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Product Placement?"
I noticed Bob recommending Extra gum last week. And, pushing Yoplait yogurt on Joelle and Carla this week. If there's anything that won't come anywhere near my mouth, it's that Yoplait crap. It's sweetened with high fructose corn syrup, a leading contributor to heart disease, mainly by raising triglycerides. I read every ingredient list. And, if HFCS is on listed, I put it back on the store shelf. Same goes for any kind of hydrogenated oils.

ohsweetjebus 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-26-09, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohsweetjebus Click to send private message to ohsweetjebus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Product Placement?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-09 AT 05:14 PM (EST)

>I noticed Bob recommending Extra gum
>last week. And, pushing Yoplait
>yogurt on Joelle and Carla
>this week. If there's anything
>that won't come anywhere near
>my mouth, it's that Yoplait
>crap. It's sweetened with high
>fructose corn syrup, a leading
>contributor to heart disease, mainly
>by raising triglycerides.
>

Which makes it even worse when i find this clip on youtube, i'm not even going to spoil it!

check it around the 0:40 mark!!! hoohoo....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eij_VZcGyKI

sell your soul much?

02-02-09, 02:53 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Product Placement?"
If it wasn't soul-selling to allow that Hardee's commercial during this season's premier show, I don't know what is. This was an ad for some nasty cheese and chili smothered hot-dogs. Just what the "doctor" ordered for people whose lives are already all but lost lost to their unhealthy eating habits. Hardee's is thelastcorporation that has any business sponsoring a "do or die" weight loss show.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Product Placement?"

And, if HFCS is on listed, I put it back on the store shelf. Same goes for any kind of hydrogenated oils.

I do the same thing with HFCS and hydrogenated oils, and have been for the past 3 years. I used to get indigestion at night, but since I've stopped ingesting anything with HFCS, I don't get it anymore, for the most part.

There are still people who defend it's use, like Bob, though.

I've stopped using artificial sweeteners, too, because I think they cause inflamation, but then I've heard that even Stevia can be bad for you. I guess it depends on who is selling what product. *shrugs*

I bought a yogurt maker a few weeks ago, and I love the taste of plain homemade yogurt, or mixed with fruit and/or almonds. I will never buy the sweetened stuff at the store again.

My favorite sweetener of the moment is agave nectar. I just bought a bottle of raw agave nectar, but haven't tried it yet. I also bought some raw honey, which is very tasty.

02-02-09, 02:26 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Product Placement?"
But, has Bob ever read a Yoplait ingredient list. And, does he know anything about HFCS? He's a trainer, not a nutritionist. Dr Phil listed Yoplait as an acceptable food in his "Weight Loss Solution" Food Guide. But, his nutritionist cautioned his weight loss contestants not to buy anything with HFCS listed on the label. Anyway, Bob and Jillian are are required to hawk the TBL sponsors' products. It's up to us to educate ourselves about these products' unhealthy ingredients.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-28-09, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Product Placement?"
Yes, the product placement is blatant and I ignore it as best I can. I might occasionally get a Subway sandwich (twice a year?) but if I want a deli sandwich, I get it from a deli more often than not.

I don't like Jello and I don't like fake whipped cream. I'm with those that prefer to stick to natural ingredients. The less processed, the better.

Has anyone tried using gum to help suppress your hunger pangs or cravings? I heard once that chewing gum can actually stimulate your hunger, because chewing sends a signal to your stomach that food is on it's way down. After a while, a message is sent to your brain that it's being deprived and it wants food. I don't know if this is true or not. Personally, I think it's better to have a good healthy snack handy, such as a piece of low fat string cheese, or maybe a couple graham crackers, or apple slices. Something that gives you a bit of nourishment, is healthy for you, and yet low calorie.

Personally, I keep saltine crackers in my desk at work and nibble on a few of those during the afternoon.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

02-02-09, 02:12 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Product Placement?"
It's hard for me to imagine gum as an appetite suppressant.It's full of artificial sweeteners that can stimulate appetite. And, fuel cravings for real sugar. Also, all the air swallowed while chewing gum can cause gas and bloating. Besides, it reminds me of my father's cows chewing their cud!

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-03-09, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Product Placement?"
for now, the good still outweighs the bad (no pun intended) on The Biggest Loser. To see most of the group each season successfully lose weight, and end up in better health, is a great result. It's just too bad that along the way, the twists and turns of the game, as well as blatant produce placement, take away from the ultimate focus on eating healthy, exercising and working toward a longer, healthier life.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-28-09, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Product Placement?"
I do the same thing! I have found it fairly easy to cut HFCS out completely...well, maybe 98% because sometimes I have something someone else made that still uses HFCS.

Same with hydrogenated oils.

Also learning more and more about "hidden" sodium. Was cooking some boneless chicken breasts and noticed they had over 150MG sodium for 4 oz...raw! Turns out they have "added broth".

Chicken has some natural levels of sodium--between 50-60mg for 4 oz but the extra 100mg was courtesy of Tyson. I called them and they said it was their "premuium" chicken product that Walmart and Kroger buy (and other chains, those are the two they mentioned).

I called Kroger to tell them that I wished they would offer two versions of the Tyson chicken...because their own website tells people how to avoid sodium! Kroger sells Perdue Chicken without the extra crap but it costs 2x what the Tyson costs.

I'm guessing that Tyson sells the broth-added chicken because it makes it weigh more.

02-02-09, 01:54 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Product Placement?"
"Minimally processed" doesn't always mean no added sodium. If you're watching your sodium, and other crap, intake, I think it might behoove you to pay more for the Perdue chicken. After all, you're paying for Tyson's added broth. Especially if they're using it to "pad" the weight, and price, of their chicken. Anyway, Tyson has left a "bad taste in my mouth" ever since I found out they were the biggest polluter of Arkansas waterways before, and during, Bill Clinton's governorship.

01-28-09, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Product Placement?"
And last night? It was Walmart!!!!
Wally World!!!! Look at all those fruits and vegetables!!!!

Will you be mine? Ok, get in line behind Agman.....

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "LOL"
The Fiber One bit was hilariously cheesy.

Put that oatmeal away and grab a tasty half cup of Fiber One. Isn't that delicious? Yum, yum.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Wrong sponsor name."
This week's episode brought to you by:

01-28-09, 07:53 PM (EST)
13. "RE: LOL"
the doc puts my father on a fiber diet once - told him to eat Fiber One. Daddy would remind us to buy some of the cardboard box cereal for him (said that's what it tasted like)

02-02-09, 01:31 PM (EST)
14. "RE: LOL"
>The Fiber One bit was hilariously
>cheesy.
>
>Put that oatmeal away and grab
>a tasty half cup of
>Fiber One. Isn't that delicious?
>Yum, yum.
>
>

I alternate oatmeal, when I want to eat yogurt, and Fiber One "twigs" for breakfast. And, I've begun adding Barbara's Ultima high fiber cereal to the Fiber One. A serving of each is equal in calories to oatmeal and has almost five times the fiber. I add a half cup of nonfat milk.

02-02-09, 01:39 PM (EST)
15. "RE: LOL"
>The Fiber One bit was hilariously
>cheesy.
>
>Put that oatmeal away and grab
>a tasty half cup of
>Fiber One. Isn't that delicious?
>Yum, yum.
>
>

The Fiber One "twigs" are delicious, to my taste, at least. But, I avoid other Fiber One products. Too many added sugars, including HFCS, especially in the cereal bars and Yoplait yogurt. I'll take myfiber without HFCS and all that other crap, thank you very much!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-28-09, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Product Placement?"
And Fiber One cereal--remember, one half cup with milk starts you off right. I think the BL contestants looked like they would rather have oatmeal. And speaking of oatmeal, didn't they push oatmeal in a previous season?

The product placement is so clumsy. Jillian looks like they are holding her feet to the fire for her to get through it, lol. At least Bob feigns some enthusiam for his products.

02-02-09, 01:44 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Product Placement?"
Maybe it's harder for Jillian to keep a straight face "hawking" the TBL sponsors' products to her team. And, maybe Bob is less aware of the unhealthy ingredients in some of these products. After all, he's a trainer, not a nutritionist.

02-12-09, 04:27 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Product Placement?"
Jillian seemed awfully enthusiastic while she was "plugging" Cheerios on the 2/3 episode. I know General Mills makes both cereals, but Cheerios doesn't hold a candle to Fiber One in the fiber department. Fiber One has 14 grams of fiber for every 60 calories. But, Cheerios has only 1 to 3 grams of fiber for 100 to 110 calories. It's too nutritionally bankrupt for me. I leave it on the store shelf.

02-02-09, 02:05 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Product Placement?"
Fruits and vegetables? Our local Wal-Mart charges more for some fruit than other stores in the same chain. And, it sits there, going to waste, because no one is willing to pay those prices. My husband and I buy this same fruit, for far less at other Wal-Marts. And, he's always getting onto the local store manager for over-pricing, and letting his fruit go to waste. They also charge more for other merchandise, including cat food.

02-02-09, 02:40 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Product Placement?"
I wonder if the producers even know what's in these products. Not only those "placed" within the show, but those whose commercials are run during any particular show. A Hardee's add ran during this season's first show. This is a "restaurant" chain devoted, by their own admission, to producing the fattiest, highest calorie, unhealthiest "food" on the planet. I wonder how many contestants have eaten themselves almost to the point of death at Hardee's? How, in good conscience, could the producers use one of their Is someone's soul for sale?

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-09, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Product Placement?"
Completely obvious. We now laugh and point out "product placement time". Anytime two contestants are standing alone somewhere (not working out) and one of the trainers approaches, you can bet it's product placement time.
"Bob, I get sooooo hungry at night. What on earth can I do?"
"Oh contestant, you just pull out your handy dandy wonderfully flavored jello pudding pack..."
It's bad acting on all of their parts.

Tribe made me gay

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •