The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 4, 1/27"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-28-09, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 4, 1/27"
Where is everyone?

I actually liked and rooted for Joelle on this episode. I hope the light stays on for her.

Where the heck was Jillian and her team for this episode? They got what? 2 minutes of airtime? That was unreal.

Did anyone else think that chef was uncomfortable with Dave? I think he got a "whatever dude" vibe from him and it made it hard for him to teach him anything.

Which brings me to Dave. Dood! Dude!!! What fricking lame #####! Tara (I love Tara) was soooo right to call you out. You dang moron, do you know how many people try out for that show? Would jump at the chance? And you totally screwed Dan. YOU are the reason they voted off Dan. You said you didn't want to be there, so they sent you back home. Unfortunately Dan had to go with you. Although...

Wow!!! 101 pounds down already! Dan looked good. I can't wait to see how he does at the finale. Yay Dan!!!!

Brokenhearted in green and gold.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 TVFreak 01-28-09 1
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 jbug 01-28-09 2
   RE: Episode 4, 1/27 samboohoo 01-28-09 4
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 samboohoo 01-28-09 3
   RE: Episode 4, 1/27 Breezy 01-28-09 5
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 brvnkrz 01-28-09 6
   RE: Episode 4, 1/27 newsomewayne 01-28-09 15
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 true 01-28-09 7
   RE: Episode 4, 1/27 samboohoo 01-28-09 8
   RE: Episode 4, 1/27 YankeeDixieDoodle 02-02-09 29
 Thank you Tara! aquariaqueen 01-28-09 9
   RE: Thank you Tara! jbug 01-28-09 12
 Kurt Warner is The Biggest L... Estee 01-28-09 10
   RE: Kurt Warner is The Bigge... AZ_Leo 01-28-09 20
       RE: Kurt Warner is The Bigge... aquariaqueen 01-28-09 23
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 moonbaby 01-28-09 11
   Bob? jbug 01-28-09 13
 Dave aquariaqueen 01-28-09 14
   RE: Dave newsomewayne 01-28-09 16
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 mtopaz 01-28-09 17
   RE: Episode 4, 1/27 aquariaqueen 01-28-09 18
       RE: Episode 4, 1/27 mtopaz 01-28-09 19
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 zazzy 01-28-09 21
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 nap_time 01-28-09 22
   RE: Episode 4, 1/27 aquariaqueen 01-28-09 24
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 taffnic 01-29-09 25
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 maroonclowns mom 01-29-09 26
 RE: Episode 4, 1/27 Ahtumbreez 01-31-09 27
   RE: Episode 4, 1/27 LostAddict 02-02-09 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TVFreak 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-28-09, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TVFreak Click to send private message to TVFreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
Dave is a real mystery to me. Why did he even try out for the show? My only guess is that he thought that coming on the show & losing a bunch of weight would be a breeze. I think that he got a real wake up call, that first week, as to the hard work and dedication that weight loss takes. You could see that, at home, he really didn't follow much of a diet plan, and I don't know what his workout routine was like. He really didn't want to come back to the ranch and put in the hard work & stick to a healthy eating plan. Soooo sad for Dan. He really needed the structure and support there.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
ditto ditto ditto everything Breezy said

I have to really think about it to think who is on whose team - Bob or Jillian. They all seem to work together and support each other. Cept for that bit on voting out Damien last week; that separated the 2 groups a bit. So that said, didn't they still vote on tribal team lines?

Oh, and the football challenge that Helen won. It gets me that those who 'win' that kind of challenge are so proud of themselves. She didn't win anything - well she did - but with only a bit on her part. The winner of that challenge is determined by the rest of the players - well, until the final 2 are in a race to the end. I'll give her that much.
BTW, wasn't it Helen who gave Joelle instructions to change where she was about to place a ball and to put it in black?
It would be ironic if it had been Helen's basket that Joelle was about to put it in.

One of Shar's unique creations

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
They voted along team lines. I figured Dan would go based on the numbers at the weigh-in because Bob's team had an extra vote. But I really thought Joelle would be a wild card. Would she vote along Bob's team line? Or would she stick it to them for last week?

*smooches Agman*

01-28-09, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
I was right there with you on Joelle. Good for her. I can't wait to see the Blue Team with Carla in the house. And Sione and Filipe. I was surprised that Joelle was not the first one taken out of that football challenge. I still don't know that I like that set-up. I think I'd rather see them race to fill their own bins. This is too much like the coconut challenge in Survivor, and it's too much about game play. Someone deserving always gets screwed because they are a threat. Jillian's team might regret their decision to send Damien home because they couldn't have possibly considered Carla in all of this.

Last night was an odd night with respect to Jillian, but I think it's just because they had so much other stuff going on. That was a lot for that one episode.

Dave. I agree the chef looked uncomfortable. I have to wonder if he ever had any intention of doing it, but he was just there for Dan. I don't think he's ever known anything but that kind of life. How sad. I would really like to see him surprise us at the finale. I really would.

I am so torn about this season. I really think all of these people need it. I can understand game play to a certain extent - you want to win. You want to do whatever you have to to stay there because you need it. I see gameplay this year, but I see it more of being an effort to be there and not about the money.

*smooches Agman*

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
I agree, they should have been putting footballs in their own bins.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
GF and I discussed Joelle and we both think that some of her actions and non reactions are those of a woman who has been abused at some point in her life. The way she shuts down when being yelled at just makes it seem that way. So I am going to give her some slack and I was really proud of her last night.
Dave is a waste of space. He doesn't really care about his weight and I think he is only slightly onboard because he realizes that he is going to lose his best friend if he doesn't try a little bit. I'm proud of Dan, he looked great.

Tribe made me gay

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
Dave is a waste of space. He doesn't really care about his weight and I think he is only slightly onboard because he realizes that he is going to lose his best friend if he doesn't try a little bit.

I thought about that last night. I'm predicting that as Dan succeeds and Dave doesn't, Dan will find himself growing farther and farther apart from Dave. That will be unfortunate, but if it does happen, I'd think Dave would be the one to blame.

I'm proud of Dan, he looked great.

Me, too. I truly hope he continues to do well and become a whole new person after this is over. His story could be one of the most influential success stories to ever come out of TBL.

Fear the reaper.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
Oh boy, that Dave. Grrrrrrr...

First off, yay for Kurt Warner! He looked great and was a natural on TV. I loved how he cheered on the contestants. Gawd, I love Kurt Warner! Go Kurt!

Now that I got that out of the way...

I hated the football challenge. Those kinds of challenges just eliminate the best players. I get it for a show like Survivor, but isn't the point of this show to become the most healthy and physically fit? Why punish those people? Especially for such an important immunity. Use it for a luxury challenge if you want to cause drama, but not for immunity. Lame.

Good for Joelle. I knew she was being set up for redemption of some sort, and she got it. Thank goodness, or Carla would have probably killed her. Still, she only barely made it above the yellow line. I wonder if she'll fall below several more times and be kept on as a "non-threat". I can see that happening, and Joelle could last a long time.

I still love Tara! She's also very natural on TV. Loved her speech at the vote to Dave. WHat an idiot.

Dave...well, my guess is that he wanted to go home so he could continue to SMOKE. Any smoker knows, being cut off from your drug is not pleasant. I'm glad he's quit since he got sent home, but I'm telling you THAT is one of, if not THE main reason he wanted out of the ranch. (as an x-smoker, I know this is true )

Dan looked great on the follow up, and I suppose Dave did as well. I hope he keeps it up for a lifetime, he's aweet kid.

01-28-09, 10:16 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
*basks in True's love for Kurt*

Personally, I think it's un-American not to root for Kurt Warner in the Super Bowl. I hope he waves to the Rams on Sunday.

*smooches Agman*

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-02-09, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
Joelle fell below the yellow line. As usual. And, was spared elimination by one vote. Joelle has such low weight loss percentages at the weigh-ins that it's obvious she isn't putting in enough effort. For her size, she should be losing more weight than that. Carla has every right to "fuss" her out. If Joelle keeps falling below the yellow line, and gets eliminated before the deadline, she'll cheat Carla out of returning to the BL campus.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-28-09, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Thank you Tara!"
Tara, I am so glad you called him out.

As soon as Dave opened his mouth, I knew he sold Dan out. Glad Tara wasn't going to make it that easy though. But if would have stayed, it wouldn't have been fair to someone who really wanted to stay.

****Don't you feel sorry for Dan today????****

Ok, the 2 lb. pass.......would that have been used this coming episode if they wouldn't have been eliminated? They didn't weigh in as a team this episode. (sorry, I was in and out of the room last night while trying to watch)

And what would you think of a 2 lb. pass that you could use anytime during the season? Like the hidden immunity idol?

01-28-09, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Thank you Tara!"
Apparently the returnees were to be weighed the day after the elimination we saw. Sounded to me like there may be the possibility that the one who did the poorest at home? might be the cause of their team leaving. I didn't catch all of that just right.
But if that is the case, then that 2# pass would have been important to any of those who are weighing in.
Don't guess Dave could have slipped that pass off to anyone else before he left, huh?

Will you be mine? Ok, get in line behind Agman.....

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Kurt Warner is The Biggest Loser!"
Gee, wonder if that'll come back to karma-haunt him any time soon.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-28-09, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kurt Warner is The Biggest Loser!"
How long ago did they tape this episode? It had to be more than 1 1/2 weeks ago. Anytime before that, who in their right mind would think Kurt Warner was the best quarterback to showcase before the Superbowl?

Since NBC is broadcasting the game perhaps a fix is in?

01-28-09, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Kurt Warner is The Biggest Loser!"
I think it's because of the MVP status, and he's so close being in AZ.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
It's always nice to see Kurt Warner. He is a fine lookin' man!

I was so glad Tara addressed Dave's indifference to the program. I probably said a couple of "you tell him"s at the tv. I bet she wanted to get up and shake him. She's the best.

It was terrible to see Dan go-I was thinking Brown Team had each other for support at home and that Dan might not have that if he had to go. What a joy to see him continuing to lose weight! Keep it up, Dan! Dave didn't care much about what he was doing and as a result I had a hard time caring about how his at home program was going.

Finally FINALLY Joelle turned it around. I hope it sticks-let's see what Carla can do now that she's back. She seems to be super motivated and in it to win it. She will drag Joelle with her kicking and screaming if she has to

This is a good group of people-I have enjoyed seeing their friendships grow as they support each other in their efforts.

On that note: I *heart* Bob. That looks familiar! Oh yeah, I also *hearted* another Bob on another reality show. Is this a trend?

01-28-09, 11:17 AM (EST)
13. "Bob?"

01-28-09, 11:19 AM (EST)
14. "Dave"
I wonder if Dave down deep, way down deep, doesn't want Dan to succeed? After all, then it will make Dave look worse. Dave, sorry man, but you've been heavy for more than a month of your life, it will take a whole lot longer to get it off. Oh, and it's even more work to keep it off. Maybe they're an enabling friendship, and Dave realizes he'll be left behind.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Dave"
Ditto.

Fear the reaper.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-28-09, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-09 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

Yep, pretty much agree on every point. However, I have been rooting for Joelle all along -- sort of the underdog vibe going on. It was curious to me that they didn't show her reuniting with her partner, as they did most of the others. I always wonder, "why not?" For a minute, I was even wondering if her partner came back. (it was strange editing all through out this episode!)

I do think the chef felt that Dave wasn't truly interested in the whole process. As I said to another friend this morning, "stupid kid!" He is just not motivated to change his life or get out of his comfort zone. And the smoking? Honestly, he just doesn't care about his health. I was truly happy to see Dan continue with his good habits and lose about 40 more pounds on his own so far. I think he got a good base by being at the ranch longer.

I have to say, most of those who went home didn't seem to lose much weight. I felt bad for the yellow team member at home -- it also looked like she wasn't getting much support from her husband (i.e., him not dealing with the crying kid while she's trying to film a segment for the show).

I love the blue team members -- so heartfelt, so in the moment and giving it their all. Samoans are very strong on family, so when he talks about how much he misses his wife and kids, I really feel it.

I actually liked and rooted for Joelle on this episode. I hope the light stays on for her.

Where the heck was Jillian and her team for this episode? They got what? 2 minutes of airtime? That was unreal.

Did anyone else think that chef was uncomfortable with Dave? I think he got a "whatever dude" vibe from him and it made it hard
for him to teach him anything.

Which brings me to Dave. Dood! Dude!!! What fricking lame #####!
Tara (I love Tara) was soooo right to call you out. You dang moron, do you know how many people try out for that show? Would jump at the chance? And you totally screwed Dan. YOU are the reason they voted off Dan. You said you didn't want to be there, so they sent you back home. Unfortunately Dan had to go with you. Although...

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

01-28-09, 03:07 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
I'll surmise that they didn't give Joelle and Carla much play time since they had more than their share last episode.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-28-09, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
Ha! Very true

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-28-09, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
Am I the only one who did not mind last night's football challenge? It was refreshing to have a break from the usual Tara versus Blaine type of challenge. And if they had to put footballs in their own bin, of course the fitter, lighter, or younger people would win. Part of this challenge had to do with teamwork. Unless they start with people all in the same weight and fitness range, I like that they vary the challenges.

Last night's show tried not to telegraph that Dan was going home but once we had the preview that it would be Brown vs Orange I knew Dan would be going because Bob's team had the numbers. And they voted along team lines, with Joelle not daring to not vote with the team. Bob's team still has the numbers for next week (but not sure they are going with teams like that next week because Bob has 10 people and Jillian has only 6):

Bob:

Pink / Helen/Shannon
Brown / Ron/Mike
Blue / Fillipe/ Sione
Silver / Joelle/ Carla
Purple / Kristin/Mom

Jillian

Black / Blane/Dan
Green / Tara/Laura
Yellow / Aubrey/Mandy

Last night Dave said he had given up smoking but I can't recall if that was in the "after" reveal. If so, the "didn't want to be on the ranch because of smoking" reasoning is a good call.

Joelle's story arc continues to build. It will be interesting to see if she or Carla is the one to keep them on the ranch (if they are still weighed as teams).

Previews for next week's show gave us the at homers weigh in as the first thing... and Jillian as disgusted. That sounds like she is put out by Laura or Aubrey's weight. Does not look good for her teams, again.

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-28-09, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
I took my son to Boyscouts last night, thank goodness the church where they meet has a tv in the back. The only problem was that everyone was ready to go by 8:30 so I missed the final 30 mins. I had my sister giving me the updates by text messages!

I am so sad to see the orange team go! I wanted to see Dan hang in there for a while. Although I am proud that he has done well at home. Can't wait to see him at the finale. Don't want to say anything about Dave, cause it won't be nice!

Tara is still my favorite! Did y'all notice her running down the side of the field after she was eliminated in the challenge encouraging and cheering for those that were left?!? That was so cool. And her putting Dave in his place was perfect!

I missed Jillian in this episode!

My 1st Agman original! ~Thanks~

01-28-09, 05:46 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
I did notice Tara running with them rooting them on, seems to me another may have been also. I think that's what is so refreshing this season vs. last. I think NBC picked some really good people this time.

I like most of the people there, some are ho-hum, but not disgusting like last season.

Now I have some more work to do learning "the new people's" names.

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-09, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
I was kinda glad the brown team got to stay. Wow, way to go Dan. With his motivation I believe he just may win the at home prize.
I hope Dave wises up and gets serious as he sees Daniel's success.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-29-09, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"

Can`t wait to find out what to expect from Carla.I have my earplugs ready.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-09, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
Had no electricity or cable Tuesday night. Glad to read about it here! Ice sucks. I did see after elimination pics of Daniel, good for him!

Agman took me to the islands

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-02-09, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Episode 4, 1/27"
I went to the inlaws and we hooked up the tv to a generator so we could watch. Hope you're thawed out and have electric now!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •