The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

MPVLOST 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-08, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MPVLOST Click to send private message to MPVLOST Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 12"
Interesting to hear about Ryan from way back in season 1 and the fact that he pretty much put all the weight back on.

I've always wondered what the rate of success is for the contestants from the early seasons.

They should do a special episode where they catch up with everyone and see how they've been doing. But maybe people like Ryan who have fallen back into old eating habits wouldn't agree to be on it anyway.

I am so glad Michelle made it the finale. She's the only hope for a good winner this season.

-----------------------------------------
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 12 Asrai 12-10-08 1
 weight gain by contestants... WhiteHot 12-10-08 2
   RE: weight gain by contestants... ShellyMay 12-10-08 3
   RE: weight gain by contestants... samboohoo 12-10-08 4
   RE: weight gain by contestants... LostAddict 12-10-08 6
       RE: weight gain by contestants... mtopaz 12-10-08 13
 RE: Episode 12 Cyndimaus 12-10-08 5
   RE: Episode 12 LostAddict 12-10-08 7
       RE: Episode 12 zazzy 12-10-08 11
       Renee & Michelle WhiteHot 12-11-08 17
 RE: Episode 12 jbug 12-10-08 8
   RE: Episode 12 aquariaqueen 12-10-08 9
   Episode 12 samboohoo 12-10-08 10
       RE: Episode 12 jbug 12-10-08 12
           RE: Episode 12 true 12-10-08 14
               RE: Episode 12 Ahtumbreez 12-11-08 15
                   RE: Episode 12 jbug 12-11-08 16
                       weight loss % WhiteHot 12-11-08 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-10-08, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 12"
*just checking to see if I can post in this thread...be back later with thoughts on this episode*

Face time with Slice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

WhiteHot 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-10-08, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WhiteHot Click to send private message to WhiteHot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "weight gain by contestants..."
I noticed Bob didn't mention Erik gaining the weight back, even though Erik's original weight loss (at the finale) was something he was never gonna be able to maintain. Matt also gained a lot of weight back as did Suzy. Matt even tried explaining that he gained 'baby weight'.

Its gotta be somewhat disheartening for the trainers to see someone look SO good at the finale gain it all back. The true success is to see someone look healthy 2 years+ later, and so on. I think that's why Jillian has more long lasting success because she focuses more on the emotional reasons behind the weight gain. I think this was the first time I saw Bob really address this because he could see all along that Vicky (and Heba & Ed) had been playing more 'game' than actually changing their lives.

ShellyMay 34 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-08, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShellyMay Click to send private message to ShellyMay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: weight gain by contestants..."
I think you've hit the nail on the head. Here and in posts on another thread it's been noted that Jillian tries to focus on both the weight loss and the emotional reasons behind the weight gain. Bob pushes his "keep the team together at all costs", then wonders why so many people coming on the show are game players. The look on Vicky's face when she said "nope" to Bob's question about whether she learned anything about herself said it all. I missed the Oprah show where they updated some players, but I read the posts and was disappointed to learn that so many contestants have gained back the weight. That confirms what an artificial environment the ranch must be - they are not taking any life lessons home with them. Or not putting them into practice. I wonder how Ali (last season's winner) will do in a year from now?

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-08, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: weight gain by contestants..."
While I will agree to a certain extent about that, I also don't think Bob is only in it to produce a winner. And I don't think there is anyone who truly goes on that show who is not thinking about the money.

I think Bob learned his lesson about who he picks this time though.

Tis the season.

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-10-08, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: weight gain by contestants..."
Last night got me to wondering, does Jillian have a higher success rate? As in, contestants keeping the weight off. I can definitely understand why, because she does try to solve the emotional problem rather than just get them to lose weight.

I think Heba & Ed will be fine. Mostly because he is a chef, I think that, even before he went on BL, he probably knew what he was putting in his body was bad for him. He is already cooking healthier. I think they will succeed because he is prepared to cook (and eat) they way they should.

I think Vicki & Brady will fail. They don't cook, they eat out all the time. Kids (and adults) don't eat veggies. I don't see how they are going to make it without these things.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-10-08, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: weight gain by contestants..."
It was disheartening to me last night to hear Vicky still claim that she doesn't really like any vegetables, nor know how to cook them, nor how she is going to make them appealing and a regular part of her and her kids' diet.

I would have thought that after three months on the ranch, plus some special cooking lessons from Rocco, etc., that all the contestants would have formed at least some basic new recipes and cooking ideas incorporating healthy foods.

I know kids can be picky, but most kids like corn on the cob, baby carrots (dip them in some low fat ranch dip if that will make it more appealing), green beans, and can be coaxed into trying broccoli or other vegetables.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-10-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 12"
I was so disappointed with Ed's decision to water up for the last weigh-in. I know he was doing it for Heba. But if he'd gone ahead and lost the big numbers he was "due" to lose he probably would have knocked Vicky below the yellow line. I know they didn't know about the America voting thing, but I suspect America would have voted Vicky out and left Heba in the game.

My hubby made an interesting observation about the final challenge. Vicky and Heba immediately started complaining about how horrible they felt with the extra weight and this hurt and that hurt. But Ed and Michelle focused on running and doing their best.

Also, it's very sweet that Ed is trying to get America to keep Heba in the game, but he's not doing her any favors. She should win because she's the winner, not because he made the way easier for her.

And personally, if I was in the game with my husband and saw him deliberately doing badly I would be so mad at him. Of course, we wouldn't be in it for the game but for getting healthy and that is not why Heba and Vicky are in the game. They just want to win a game. I do wish the best for them, but Vicky doesn't seem to be headed down the "keep the weight off" road. Sad.

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Snidget!
(and happy Christmas from my twin Jbug!)

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-10-08, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 12"
I posted this in another thread, but here goes my theory:

I think Ed & Heba planned it all. This way, one of them will be in the finale and one will be at home, hence they have the chance for BOTH prizes.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-10-08, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 12"
"I think Ed & Heba planned it all. This way, one of them will be in the finale and one will be at home, hence they have the chance for BOTH prizes".

That's just what I thought! That they were taking a shot at winnings both parts...and the show kept a spotlight on Vicki so people wouldn't notice it.

And remember, they get the Biggest Loser meals delivered to them until the finale...I think it a slam dunk for them to have the biggest percentages! All they have to do it hire a trainer for a few weeks. Anyone know how many weeks it is between the final week at the ranch and the finale?

Any guesses as to how many pounds each of them will lose by the finale?

To recap:

Vicki original weight 246... last weight shown = 170 and has lost 76 pounds since the start; just over -30%

Heba: original weight ...last weight shown = 210; -84 pounds since the start; just over -28%

Ed: original weight 335 ...last weight shown = 252; -83 pounds since the start; just over -24%

Michelle: original weight: 242 ... last weight shown 162; -80 pounds since the start; just over 33%

Note: Heba lost the most pounds since the start but Michelle had the biggest percentage loss.

And as far as editing goes:

Michelle is getting the winner's edit. Overcoming strife, etc.

Vicki was getting some redemption the past couple of eps. Will she be the runner up?

Or was that to keep us from focusing on Ed and Heba walking away with winning both parts?

12-11-08, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WhiteHot Click to send private message to WhiteHot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Renee & Michelle"
What you just touched on was the only reason I wasn't really bummed about Renee being booted even though she was my favorite (even over Michelle). Now they both have a chance.

I figure now at least Michelle can win the big prize and Renee can win the at home prize (although I have a feeling Amy C. is going to be the biggest threat)

Whoever the winner is, Im going to focus on the positive and how good everyone looks. Whatever happens to Vicky, her negative image is something she's gonna have to deal with for a long time. boo hoo

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-08, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 12"
Yea for Michelle!

Blech for Icky.

Wondering if Amy is kicking herself for not voting off Vicky when she had the chance. She might very well have made it to the final 3 if she had played smart instead of playing for Bob and his stoopid team game stuff. Bob has stepped down a peg or two in my book; voting team color is not always in one's best interest; we've seen that again and again.

I hate to see Icky, Hefa or Ed win. So Michelle really better work it out!

Hefa & Ed get the advantage of the BL food provided for them till the finale.
Michelle has the advantage of the 2 weeks (I think that was the amount of time) she won at the work out ranch (or whatever it's called). I hope she took Renee with her. It would be a fabulous ending for Michelle to win TBL and Renee to win runner up.

Icky doesn't have an advantage - well, she will get to go to the Superbowl and eat lots of junk food - but that won't be helping her win TBL, .

I'd like to see a complete season where there are no teams; just work out - switching trainers if necessary - or not. Just no teams. Everything individual.

Also to have the person with the lowest weight loss each week go home. Then we'd actually see the Biggest Loser win.

Merry Kiss-mas with Agman

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-10-08, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 12"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-08 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

>Wondering if Amy is kicking herself
>for not voting off Vicky
>when she had the chance.
> She might very well
>have made it to the
>final 3 if she had
>played smart instead of playing
>for Bob and his stoopid
>team game stuff.

I agree, Amy had a very good chance if she stuck with Renee and Michelle. She at least would have been on a team with positive energy. I was expecting her to ask Jillian if she would be her trainer after she voted off Brady. (didn't something like that happen last year? someone asked to switch up trainers?)

A Blessed Christmas season to all who welcome the Newborn King into their lives.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-08, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Episode 12"
Defending Bob: Yes, it is about team color with him, but Jillian is the exact same way, especially when the numbers work in her favor.

Defending Both: I honestly believe they are about voting along team colors because I honestly believe they want their teams to do well - not just for the money. They feel the contestants need them, and the longer they are with them on the ranch, the better off they are.

They may both be competitive, but they both care.

Tis the season.

12-10-08, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 12"
I do agree with that too Boo.
But when Bob kept insisting they vote team color, he had to know Amy's chances of staying were dwindling. He had to know that Hefa Ed & Icky would stick together no matter what.
So did/does it not matter to him which of his team members stay? as long as they are his team?
I guess I just want to wish/hope that he would have rather continued training Amy than Icky.

Merry Kiss-mas with Agman

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-08, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 12"
I agree, the only reason Amy didn't vote out Vicky when she had the chance was because of pressure from Bob. Shame on Bob for sacrificing Amy for blue team numbers. Had Amy voted out Vicky, she could have gone a lot further, and I think she knew it. Peer pressure is a powerful thing. I just think it sucks that Bob would pull that kindof crap. (and I love Bob)

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-08, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 12"
I agree. I so wanted Bob to tell Amy to vote her best interests and relieve her of her loyalty to Bob.

Christmas at Agbeach 2008

12-11-08, 03:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 12"
Maybe future contestants will remember this and make their own decisions!

Or better yet, the person with the least % of weight loss each week will go home - no game play needed - just hard work.

Agman is definitely on my list (& twin Cyndi too)

12-11-08, 06:40 PM (EST)
18. "weight loss %"
Lowest % of weight loss would truly be the best way to eliminate people, either that or have no teams so people have to work more on making positive acquaitances and lasting friendsips instead of enemies.

Seeing how upset Phil and Amy were made me have to believe that Vicky will get her comeuppance in the end. If she does win it all, I can see the audience collectively sighing "awww..sh__!" Which be entertaining in itself.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •