The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Biggest Loser Australia"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-19-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Biggest Loser Australia"
Anyone see this yet? The first episode of the Australian version was on my TV last night (on the Slice Channel if that means anything to anyone) and it was interesting to watch.

Bob and Jillian will be their trainers and in a twist, they are choosing their own teams this time and they seemed quite shocked about doing that. Unfortunately, the show was cut off abruptly just as they were about to announce the teams! I assume it will come on every Sunday, but didn't know if anyone else caught it as well.

Some of the people looked like interesting characters, so I will also start watching this one as BL USA is now starting to whittle down... (no pun intended!) Anyone with me?

Crooning courtesy of Agman

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Biggest Loser Australia YankeeDixieDoodle 11-19-07 1
 RE: Biggest Loser Australia Meemo 11-20-07 2
   RE: Biggest Loser Australia YankeeDixieDoodle 11-20-07 3
 RE: Biggest Loser Australia trigirl 11-21-07 4
 RE: Biggest Loser Australia - the f... MKitty 12-03-07 5
 RE: BLA - Dec. 16th MKitty 12-17-07 6
   RE: BLA - Dec. 16th trigirl 12-17-07 7
 BLA - Dec. 27 MKitty 12-28-07 8
   RE: BLA - Dec. 27 trigirl 12-29-07 9
       RE: BLA - Dec. 27 aleajactaest 12-31-07 10
 Jan 10th trigirl 01-11-08 11
 Jan. 24 trigirl 01-25-08 12
   RE: Jan. 24 MKitty 01-25-08 13
 RE: Biggest Loser Australia micspics 02-03-08 14
 Jan 31st trigirl 02-04-08 15
   RE: Jan 31st MKitty 02-12-08 16
   Feb 7th trigirl 02-13-08 17
 Ep 14 - Reschedule trigirl 02-14-08 18
   RE: Ep 14 - Reschedule micspics 02-18-08 19
   RE: Ep 14 - Reschedule trigirl 02-19-08 20
       RE: Ep 14 - Reschedule MKitty 02-22-08 21
           RE: Ep 14 - Reschedule MKitty 02-26-08 23
       RE: Ep 14 - Reschedule micspics 02-25-08 22
 Feb.28th show MKitty 02-29-08 24
 March 6th episode MKitty 03-07-08 25
 RE: Biggest Loser Australia trigirl 03-25-08 26
 April 3rd trigirl 04-05-08 27
   RE: April 3rd MKitty 04-07-08 28
 April 10th MKitty 04-11-08 29
   RE: April 10th trigirl 04-11-08 30
 May 1st trigirl 05-02-08 31
   RE: May 1st MKitty 05-05-08 32
 May 8 trigirl 05-09-08 33
 RE: Biggest Loser Australia MKitty 06-16-08 34
 Finale trigirl 06-25-08 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-19-07, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Biggest Loser Australia"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-07 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

Never heard of the Slice Channel. Is it even on cable, which I don't have, here in the US? Wish BL-Australia were on a regular network. I love Aussie accents.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Meemo 3517 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-20-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Biggest Loser Australia"
Hi MKitty.

We caught the Australian version too this week. Aside from having to try and convert kg to lbs (~ x2.2, for those who are), we found it interesting.

Not sure if it will be a weekly watch for us, but we'll tune in when we can.

Half man, half amazing, all DAW
Slice TV is a Canadian newtork - used to be Life Network

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-20-07, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Biggest Loser Australia"
So, you watched BLA on Slice?

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-07, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Biggest Loser Australia"
I was just on the Slice website trying to find out when Project Runway USA is coming on and saw the ad for Biggest Loser Australia! I will set my tape for this week.

For Yankee...Slice is a Canadian network.

bouncey by Ice

12-03-07, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Biggest Loser Australia - the first three episodes"
I've been watching BL Australia for the last few weeks now and it is somewhat different in format. They often end the show without doing the weigh in..and last week they did the weigh in..but then didn't show who was voted off! So, yes, the editing format is different and the shows have a different pacing. They don't stretch out the weigh in for 25 minutes putting in all the dramatic pauses - I like that. But, I was shocked when they didn't show the elimination and just cut the show off!

Anyway, the shows first weigh-in showed really impressive numbers. I don't think there was a single person there who didn't lose at least 12 pounds! And..i believe it is still a week. One person lost almost thirty. Many people lost about 16. I had to do my converting as it is in all kilograms, but I was very impressed with these first week numbers.

Also, Jillian is edited to seem like a much different person. She is edited to be shown as a person who really cares. She pushes her team, but is not edited to be the evil workout queen with "beatings, beatings, beatings" as she is usually portrayed on the American version. Interesting! Now, I find that this season of the American BL, she is edited to seem tough but caring, so they are lighting the edit for the US version as well this season, but's it's even more obvious in the Aussie version of how much she cares about these people.

It seems to be coming on both Sunday and Thursday evening (Thursday is new with Sunday being a repeat) I will keep watching it...

*Christmas Cheer from Sharnina*

12-17-07, 05:30 PM (EST)
6. "RE: BLA - Dec. 16th"
Wow..I didn't know Bob's mother died right in the middle of him doing BL Australia. How sad. Apparently she "wasn't old" and it wasn't expected.. That must be really hard..to be away on another continent halfway around the world and find out you mother has passed on. This happened in 2005 apparently.

Anyway, this show is done in such a different style and they don't have the weigh in every week and they focus on much different things. The women are typically much larger than their American counterparts...so it should be interesting to see how it all turns out.

Still watching...

*Christmas Cheer from Sharnina*

12-17-07, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: BLA - Dec. 16th"
That was really sad about Bob's mom. It will be interesting to see what he has to say after he returns from the funeral. They said she was not old, but the 'in memoriam' during the credits had her born in the 1930's...so she wasn't young either.

bouncey by Ice

12-28-07, 06:21 PM (EST)
8. "BLA - Dec. 27"
Okay, so this Aussie format is driving me crazy. I have seen about four shows and only last night was teammate number two kicked off! I don't know why they are dragging out the elimination so long..as it takes about 2 shows to finally show who is eliminated and they never show every show...so this may go on for weeks and weeks!!

They let Jo go from the Red Team and they showed her afterwards, but they don't say how much she has lost (and they didn't with the first guy either) They look better and seem to be doing well, but my favourite part of the show is the tranformation moment..so I do miss seeing what they actually lost. I guess I shouldn't be too concerned with the number, as I know better than anyone that the number means nothing compared to your health and your clothes...but since this game is about numbers, it is bizarre not to see the actual number of where they are at now. I hope they bring them all back at the end like they do on the US version.

*winter delight from Sharnina*

12-29-07, 09:35 AM (EST)
9. "RE: BLA - Dec. 27"
I agree. This format is killing me. I am so used to the challenge, workout, weigh-in, boot off that it is really hard to know who is doing what and when.

Gosh that Harry was nasty wasn't he? I kinda hope the blue team gets their butts kicked....at least those two nasty boys.

What's up with Fiona. She's 22, beautiful, but obviously lazy as $hit. Gaining weight?!?! Bob better smarten her up!

bouncey by Ice

aleajactaest 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-31-07, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aleajactaest Click to send private message to aleajactaest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: BLA - Dec. 27"
>What's up with Fiona. She's
>22, beautiful, but obviously lazy
>as $hit. Gaining weight?!?!
> Bob better smarten her
>up!

good god does it get worse. What a freakin miserable drama queen. Sadly, despite being quite pretty, she'll never be happy. I think the reason the first boyfriend wouldn't get serious had nothing to do with her weight but was instead due to her being a psycho.

AJE

01-11-08, 10:57 AM (EST)
11. "Jan 10th"
I know that Walt is an a$$ but could Tracy be.quiet! The blue team is in a pickle now. If the alliance of Tracy, Artie and Fiona holds then it looks like Cat is gone which is dumb.dumb.dumb. Kind of reminds of a certain dumb red team who got rid of Phil first chance they got.

01-25-08, 09:58 AM (EST)
12. "Jan. 24"
What was Harry thinking?!?! Even Bob, who does not agree with temptations at all seemed surprised that Harry didn't go for it. You'll see your kids in a day if you lose dumbo!!!

I don't think Bob thinks very highly of his three alliance members. Didn't seem sympathetic to Artie's injury. I sure hope that the red team does not get screwed by not having the personal chef!!!!

01-25-08, 12:29 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Jan. 24"
I know!! Harry knows that he is a target and not part of the stupid Blue alliance....why didn't he just go for it to ensure immunity? I think Bob is really fed up with his Aussie blue team as a few of them really don't seem like they want to be there for the right reasons, but would rather hang out and play games rather than get the job done (the job of losing weight and gaining their health) It shocks me how horrible Fiona is...really screwing somebody...laughing as she eats chocolates. It really screams "I don't really care why I am here but I am only here to play the game". 19 chocolates when she doesn't even need immunity??? Bizarre to say the least.

I am really hoping that red wins again - not that I am wishing Harry to be gone..but I want to see Blue self destruct and implode out of their foolishness and selfishness (kind of like REd team last season did when they lost all their players in the US version - by voting off their biggest loser Phil)

But, the glacial pacing of the Ozzie version is killing me..I want to see the weigh in every week dammit!!

*winter delight from Sharnina*

micspics 8 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-08, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail micspics Click to send private message to micspics Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Biggest Loser Australia"
You guys are so lucky that this is on right now. We have a satellite channel called FOX Reality, and they did a marathon of this show over New Year's. I was absolutely hooked. I taped all the episodes and literally watched the Aussie BL for days nonstop.
The people on the show were my favorites, by far. Better than any of the Americans for several seasons. Fiona, Ruth, Artie, Tracy, Harry, Adro, they'll all get to you.
I won't spoil any of it but be ready for a major twist.
Some of the character transformations are amazing. Keep watching, it is SO worth it.
Now FOX reality is doing a UK BL marathon from the same year and it's good, but not as good as this Aussie one.
Have fun!

02-04-08, 08:06 PM (EST)
15. "Jan 31st"
First time I can honestly say I enjoyed someone watering up! Way to go Walt...I want to wipe that smirk off of Tracy's face!

This was a weird way to end the episode....maybe there's hope for Harry?

02-12-08, 06:52 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Jan 31st"
I missed last week's episode! ACK! What happened TriGirl..did you see it? Who got voted off??

Sig from my roomie: Agman

02-13-08, 08:16 AM (EST)
17. "Feb 7th"
Pretty good ep.

Walt, Chrissie and Ruth tried to plead for Harry, but to no avail. The other three were solid. Bye, bye Harry.

While blue is in the elimination room, red decides it is time to switch rooms. There are five of them and only three blue left, so red should get the bigger room right? When they go in the room, it is a mess and they note that Artie, Fiona and Tracey didn't even pack for elimination. (Apparently everyone is supposed to pack, just in case). Red team bundle everthying up by throwing it on the bed and then taking the bed and bedding to the smaller room.

Out come the drama queens. Well...room switches on reality tv are apparently on par with the atrocities in Darfur. The tears! The drama! The injustice! The violation! Artie, Tracey and Fiona get up to walk out. You actually see them going down to the crew and telling them they quit. Red team can barely contain themselves. Funniest stuff ever!

Blue ultimately stay but won't leave their new bedroom. Bob has to go in and coerce that insipid child Fiona that "this will make you stronger". They evenutally come out with renewed determination....blah...blah..blah.

Usual strange editing pace, but pretty good ep.

02-14-08, 11:00 AM (EST)
18. "Ep 14 - Reschedule"
Darn Valentines' Day...

Thursday's ep is being resceduled.

Next Episode:
Sunday, February 17, 2008
@ 10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT
Episode: 014

02-18-08, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail micspics Click to send private message to micspics Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep 14 - Reschedule"
If I remember right, this episode is a huge turning point in the whole season.
Make sure and post so I can refresh my memory...can't wait to talk about it again. I absolutely loved this show/season.

02-19-08, 04:14 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ep 14 - Reschedule"
Turning point, huh? The way they edit this show it sure is hard to tell. Was a good ep though.

Teams are put into couples and Walt gets the "power". He pairs himself with Christy. Shane and Fiona. Artie and Tracey. Ruth and Adro. Seem like pretty good teams to me.

They go to the Hilton for a temptation with a chance for immunity. All partake except for Walt and Christy...which seemed to make sense. Turns out the temptations are all good...nothing bad and Shane and Fiona win immunity. That Fiona sure seems to have a horseshoe stuck somewhere <ahem>.

bouncey by Ice

02-22-08, 05:29 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Ep 14 - Reschedule"
I as so pissed off when Fiona won immunity again!! Then, it was on last night and I missed it as I was out at a movie and only caught the weigh in! It looked like the Fiona/Shane team GAINED weight...but I missed what happened! AGGGH. I hope this have the rebroadcast on Sunday like they usually do..and I'll tape it and watch it later (as I will be watchin the Oscars on Sunday night!)

I am really starting, er, continuing, to HATE Fiona!!!

Sig from my roomie: Agman

02-26-08, 11:30 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep 14 - Reschedule"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 11:32 AM (EST)

Okay, finally caught the whole show re-broadcast and yup, it's confirmed...want to strangle Fiona. Whoa..what a lot of weight to gain just because you have immunity. I guess this show was taped a few years ago before they have the new rule in play about watering up....but yup, she makes me cringe.

I hope the rest of her team get voted off next episode!!!

"Tyko-ized" by Agman

02-25-08, 01:24 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep 14 - Reschedule"
Nah, that was my fault. I'm a little ahead in the game in my brain. But from now on the shows do get better, I promise. (I think...I worked all day and can't remember my name at this point. LOL)

02-29-08, 03:13 PM (EST)
24. "Feb.28th show"
Well...no surprises last night with Tracy and Artie being sent home (since there were more "blue" votes than "red" votes to be had. I am so happy that Fiona is left on her own....hope she feels like a target!! (insert evil laugh here!)

Now that they are singles...how can anyone compete with Big Wal? Or, will he hit a "wall"..he he he...

Have to say, in the at home follow up...was it me, or did Tracy's husband imply that she is more of a beotch than ever??

"Tyko-ized" by Agman

03-07-08, 12:57 PM (EST)
25. "March 6th episode"
Anyone still watching this?

If so...soooooo glad to see whiney Fiona NOT win immunity during the temptation. Now she will pay (I hope!!) Yeah, her and Adro seem to be really slacking when everyone else is working hard. But, Fiona seems to be the one that could care less about getting in shape...it seems to be more about game play for her. I hope she gains again...I really, really hope she gains! (insert evil laugh her...bwa ha ha)

*artistic felines by Shar*

03-25-08, 04:11 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Biggest Loser Australia"
Well the big man is gone, huh? That shakes things up. It's anyone's game now.

bouncey by Ice

04-05-08, 10:47 AM (EST)
27. "April 3rd"
NBC spoiled it for me this week, but I am still enjoying the show. Bvggers!

Is Ruth ever getting on my nerves. She should be dropping way bigger numbers that she is. What is up with her?!?! As much as Fiona bugged me in the beginning, I was impressed with her during the challenge and how hard she was working in the gym.

bouncey by Ice

04-07-08, 06:41 PM (EST)
28. "RE: April 3rd"
Yeah, I almost screamed when the winner of BL Australia comes crusing in to visit on the American's trip to Australia! I had predicted as much..but I will still watch to see how it plays out (that is..if it ever ends...timing..so...slow........ arghghghghgh)

*Viced by Agman*

04-11-08, 01:49 PM (EST)
29. "April 10th "
well, Ruth is gone. No real surprise there...as she was kind of a whiner and seemed like she wanted to be home, but I must say that she looked really good in her "after" videos. I will look forward to seeing her at the finale. Despite now knowing who has won, I still love the finale when I can see how everyone has transformed (can't wait to see Artie, etc..)

I guess we are still a few weeks off from teh finale given the snail snow pacing of the editing of this show..but I'll hang in until the bitter end

*Viced by Agman*

04-11-08, 06:08 PM (EST)
30. "RE: April 10th "
Ruth looked amazing!! She is still very heavy but she seems to be on track. Nice to see that she has a skinny husband....that has got to help her in the real world you would think.

Christie made the right choice.
bouncey by Ice

05-02-08, 04:03 PM (EST)
31. "May 1st"
Aghhh! The editing from heck.... Where is Tracy in the group of returnees? Another pouting attack.

bouncey by Ice

05-05-08, 02:37 PM (EST)
32. "RE: May 1st"
Oh yeah, she wasn't there!

This is the show that never ends...the show that never ends..the show that never ends...ARGHGHGHGHGHG

Okay, so how much longer can they drag this out? We are down to the final three, and then they tease us by bringing back the whole group? Maybe they are going to have a "bring back one more person who has a high percentage" kind of thing going...

And Fiona...can I kill her yet???

*Viced by Agman*

05-09-08, 08:42 PM (EST)
33. "May 8"
Poor Wal. I felt so bad for him.

bouncey by Ice

06-16-08, 12:34 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Biggest Loser Australia"
Holy Hannah..this show has been going on FOREVER!! I think the finale is next week. Everyone is home now in the final stretch. Damn, I don't know if I can stand the slow pace of the editing of this show for another season!! And, the top it off, I already know who won due to him showing up on the amercian biggest loser when they went to Oz last season! ARGHGHGGH. Just put me out of my misery already...(and I just really want to see everyone on the last show..as that is my favourite part with everyone's "reveals"!!

Greened by Agman

06-25-08, 11:47 AM (EST)
35. "Finale"
No great surprise (thanks NBC), but a very satisfying end. Christy was so close to Harry....impressive.

bouncey by Ice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •