The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What bugs me"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-08, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What bugs me"
About TBL (and other shows do it to) is this. Why do they have to show the ending 20-30 seconds before the commercial all over again right after the commercials end? Do we have that short of attention span that we are going to forget where we left off? Does every commercial break need to be a cliffhanger. Jeez. If they didn't waste this much time they could probably add 5 minutes of show in each 2 hours.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What bugs me Estee 02-06-08 1
   *waits for recap after Estee's post... brvnkrz 02-06-08 2
   RE: What bugs me KeithFan 02-06-08 6
 RE: What bugs me brvnkrz 02-06-08 3
 RE: What bugs me jbug 02-06-08 4
 RE: What bugs me MKitty 02-06-08 5
   RE: What bugs me YankeeDixieDoodle 03-20-08 11
 RE: What bugs me micspics 02-07-08 7
 RE: What bugs me agman 02-09-08 8
 RE: What bugs me 4aRide 02-23-08 9
 RE: What bugs me Cyndimaus 02-23-08 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What bugs me"
Anyway, thanks for listening.

Um... I lost track of what you were saying right about 'TBL'. Could you recap?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "*waits for recap after Estee's post*"

An Arkie original.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What bugs me"
Who are you? Come here often?

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What bugs me"
I've asked that question a million times. I have no clue why they do that and it irritates the poop out of me.

An Arkie original.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What bugs me"
I agree KF. Just about every show is doing it now.
Can you imagine how stupid it would be if regular tv sitcoms or dramas or whatever did this? Where do they get the idea that no one is paying attention? ggggrrrrrrrr!

Tribe shakes me

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-06-08, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What bugs me"
I totally agree!! I have complained about that very issue in other threads. Do we really need to see a recap of what happen THREE FRIGGIN' MINUTES AGO???? It is truly insane..and a timewaster supreme. To recap everything, after every damn commerical, is truly insulting. How can we let the show producers understand that? I can only stomach watching most of these shows by taping them and fast forwarding through all the useless crap....do they realize that they are losing the audiences to taping because of this very annoyance? Don't they want us to see the advertising? We are all zooming over the money making aspects because of the crappy editing of these shows!! ARGHGHGGH!!!

**Cat-a-trois by Agman**

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-20-08, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What bugs me"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-08 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

These friggin' recaps, after every commercial, stretch five minutes worth of weigh-ins into 25. And, these recaps aren't limited to TBL. Fox does the same damn thing on The Momoent of Truth. It's beyond irritating. And, I refuse to watch the commercials. On any show that I've taped, I FF through them. Otherwise, I mute them.

micspics 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-07-08, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail micspics Click to send private message to micspics Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What bugs me"
One good thing, it takes me even LESS time to watch a program I recorded because now not only do I FF over the commercials but a good chunk of the return from commercial break too.
Glad I'm not the only irritated one.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-08, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What bugs me"
I'll get back to you on this as soon as the commercial is over. Of course, you will have to restate your original post at that time

4aRide 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-23-08, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 4aRide Click to send private message to 4aRide Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What bugs me"
It's an opportunity for us to "play at home." They're putting us on a content diet.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-23-08, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What bugs me"
Yup, bugs me too. Guess that's what happens when you have to fill a two hour slot. They could totally do an hour show if they'd take out the recaps and edit more tightly. But hey, they had to do something to fill an extra time slot.

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Blog

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •