The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Watering up."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-24-08, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Watering up."
Discuss here.

What's wrong about it. Anything right about it? Any solutions?

Actually, I came up with a solution. AquariaQueen mentioned Bob working the Orange team's butts off for throwing the weigh in, and that because of the watering up and getting away with it, they'd have good numbers this week. I say, instead of the trainers being able to kill the players in a workout, any teams or players who water up have no access to the trainers. The gym, yes. But no trainers to show them what to do, how to eat, push them into going that extra mile, nothing. Then see how they do at the next weigh in.

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Watering up. aquariaqueen 01-24-08 1
 RE: Watering up. trigirl 01-25-08 2
   RE: Watering up. Snidget 01-25-08 3
   RE: Watering up. newsomewayne 01-25-08 5
       RE: Watering up. Snidget 01-25-08 6
           RE: Watering up. newsomewayne 01-25-08 10
               RE: Watering up. Snidget 01-25-08 11
       RE: Watering up. agman 01-28-08 13
 RE: Watering up. trigirl 01-25-08 4
   RE: Watering up. brvnkrz 01-25-08 7
 RE: Watering up. Cyndimaus 01-25-08 8
   RE: Watering up. brvnkrz 01-25-08 9
       RE: Watering up. Cyndimaus 01-26-08 12
       RE: Watering up. agman 01-28-08 14
           RE: Watering up. brvnkrz 01-28-08 15
               RE: Watering up. agman 01-28-08 16
                   RE: Watering up. Cyndimaus 01-29-08 17
                       RE: Watering up. Snidget 01-29-08 18
 RE: Watering up. YankeeDixieDoodle 01-31-08 19
 RE: Watering up. whoami 02-01-08 20
   RE: Watering up. ZnittyK 02-02-08 21
       RE: Watering up. jd8855 02-04-08 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-24-08, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Watering up."
Interesting concept. And it may happen. Remember them being cruel in the workouts with Neill last season? It made him lose a bunch. Bob may just boycott him.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-25-08, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Watering up."
You are right. It is not even the watering up that is bad, it is the fact that the following week they look like rockstars because they have lost so much weight when in fact it is two weeks worth. The problem is "how do you prove it". How can you tell between a plateau and watering up.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-08, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Watering up."
That is my question because plateaus are a very normal part of weight loss, especially when you are going at the clip they are going at.

I suppose you could do something like twice daily weigh ins where they aren't told the number. So if someone lost 10 pounds over the course of the week only to gain all of it back in the last 12 hours or so you'd know something funny was going on.

Although some women can retain that much water in over a couple of dyas just from hormones.

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

01-25-08, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Watering up."
How do you prove it?

I would think the video cameras they have on you 24/7 would be a good place to start.

01-25-08, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Watering up."
Do they have privacy in the bathroom?

That could be a problem.

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

01-25-08, 01:14 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Watering up."
Sure, but if they're gonna drink toilet water to cheat, I'd think that's punishment enough!

Lewis

01-25-08, 01:21 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Watering up."
Well in my bathroom there is a sink and a tub.

I don't know why but water from the bathroom faucet always tasted better to me in the house I grew up in.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-08, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Watering up."
>How do you prove it?
>
Unfortunately, I don't think you can.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-08, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Watering up."
What about changing the way the scales work. I have one of those scales that measures %fat, %bone and %water. I find it useful because measuring pounds or kilos doesn't always give me a true picture.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-08, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Watering up."
Good idea. I also like the idea up there *points up* about weighing twice a day.
And even though the cameras may not be in the bathroom, it is human nature for people to shoot their mouths off. I doubt any of these contestants could through a challenge without the discussion of it being on tape.

An Arkie original.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-25-08, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Watering up."
It may sound childish, but what about a mandatory supervised bathroom break before the weigh-in? Or everyone is closely monitored for a few hours before the weigh-in. (that way if they'd watered up before the monitoring began they wouldn't be able to avoid a bathroom stop...who could hold that much water for several hours?)

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Blog

01-25-08, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Watering up."
I find the fact that there has to be any monitoring at all to be quite sad. This show is SUPPOSED to be about changing lives and changing lifestyles. I think season one was that way. It just seems that the last couple of seasons have been when the gameplay started, really started.
Funny how it doesn't always have to be writers and producers who jump the shark. IMHO, the contestants, specifically Neill from last year, have jumped the shark for me.

An Arkie original.

01-26-08, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Watering up."
I agree, it is sad that we should even be having this discussion.

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Blog

01-28-08, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Watering up."
Unfortunately, that seems to be our country today. Win at any price no matter what kind of competition you are in. I agree, this is suppose to be about getting these people to be healthier and live healthier lives.

01-28-08, 07:55 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Watering up."
It would be interesting to see how many people would still sign up if there wasn't a huge prize at the end. All the same perks as they currently have and their four months would be compensated, but just no big monetary prize at the end.

An Arkie original.

01-28-08, 10:14 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Watering up."
If you did it that way, you would certainly weed a lot of people out that's for sure. On the positive side, I think you would have some people who were really dedicated to changing their unhealthy lifestyles.

01-29-08, 02:10 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Watering up."
That is what I thought the show was about anyway. It's sad the game play gets in the way. I really do wish they'd take away that end-of-the-game prize. As you said, they could still have the incentives along the way, like prizes for challenges and temptations. I'm sure that won't be happening, though. Oh well.

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Blog

01-29-08, 02:33 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Watering up."
I don't think I'd mind the prize at the end if all the way through you were at risk for elimination only if you were in the bottom half or third of people in weight loss.

I think even before these last couple of seasons I remember people who did too well early on got kicked off. They said it was "they don't need the help I do" but it seemed to me it was "I know I can't beat you" that was the motivation.

As long as there is voting there will be some gamesmanship. I don't know if a straight whoever didn't lose enough weight this week would work as people do have plateaus, but I like when who you can vote of is limited by who didn't perform well.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-31-08, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Watering up."
>Discuss here.
>
>What's wrong about it. Anything
>right about it? Any
>solutions?
>
>Actually, I came up with a
>solution. AquariaQueen mentioned Bob
>working the Orange team's butts
>off for throwing the weigh
>in, and that because of
>the watering up and getting
>away with it, they'd have
>good numbers this week.
>I say, instead of the
>trainers being able to kill
>the players in a workout,
>any teams or players who
>water up have no access
>to the trainers. The
>gym, yes. But no
>trainers to show them what
>to do, how to eat,
>push them into going that
>extra mile, nothing. Then
>see how they do at
>the next weigh in.
>
>
>It's party time! Agman
>is excellent! 2008

I thought, after all that watering up this past season, it would no longer be allowed. Some say watering up would be hard to prove, but I disagree. A huge gain at the weigh-in, especially by someone who's been seriously working out and eating right the whole week, should be a dead give-away that the contestant watered up. Which, I think, ought to result in disqualification. Or, as you suggest, no access to the trainers until after the next weigh-in.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-08, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Watering up."
It is sad that watering up has to even be discussed in this game. I liked the first several seasons until you could tell that there was a lot of game play going on. This should only be about weight loss. Maybe they should do like they do at towards the end of the season where the two below the yellow line get be voted on. Or just have the one with the least weight lost total each week eliminated each week. That way they would have to work hard all the time. Even if you did good at first you could still be caught up with near the end. A couple of bad weeks is all it would take.

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-02-08, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Watering up."
Lets be honest here, do you even think anyone would sign up and embarrassed themselves by showing their bodies (which Im sure they have been trying to hide) and getting on the scale (which Im sure they have also been avoiding)if it weren't for the money? There maybe a few, but I just don't think a lot of people would do that to themselves.

All of the ideas are good but I think a lot of them get caught up in the real reason they are there. If they get immunity and gained weight they should be thrown back into the competition. They have used this rule before but not with everyone. As far as watering up for whatever reason I am very unsure about that one.
If they have no access to the trainers the other team players can train them right? In season 2 when Shannon and Jen decided to gamble and give up their trainers for a week didn't one of the housemates train them? I don't think there is any way around this lol.

"I think even before these last couple of seasons I remember people who did too well early on got kicked off. They said it was "they don't need the help I do" but it seemed to me it was "I know I can't beat you" that was the motivation"

I agree with this one and B (season 4) used that to his advantage like wildfire. It annoyed me so much. Im not sure if he used that excuse with everyone he voted for but he did use it with a lot of people. What makes you anymore deserving to be there than the next person? Everyone is supposed to be there for a reason and if they could do it at home they wouldn't be on this show.

jd8855 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-04-08, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jd8855 Click to send private message to jd8855 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Watering up."
I would hope that teams would not do this, I still think it would be difficult to prove without wieghing them more frequently, and woman can retain water with their hormones but even for heavier woman unless they are injesting tons of salt shouldn't be more than 4 lbs max. I think that it's disturbing if people are watering up and it may bckfire and put themselves on the chopping block

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •