The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-08, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Interesting episode. But I didn't like it. Having it be six teams against one brought out too much game play. I've never really liked the game play for TBL.

I was sorry to see Bette Sue go, but Ali did great at home! She was very pretty in her final thingie. I hope she keeps up the good work.

I'm starting to really feel bad for Mark's brother. He seems to be ok, but his brother's mouth needs to go. I guess it won't matter though, since next week they go to voting out singles. Will they still weigh in as a team?

I was really hoping Yellow would send home Purple. *sigh* Oh well. I just am not fans of theirs. They seem to be more about drama and game play then losing weight.

What's your thoughts on how this week was played?

Breezy and Brett sitting in a tree...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 samboohoo 01-23-08 1
 RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 Ahtumbreez 01-23-08 2
   RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 Breezy 01-23-08 3
   RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 samboohoo 01-23-08 4
       RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 MKitty 01-24-08 26
 RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 trigirl 01-23-08 5
   RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 Breezy 01-23-08 6
       RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 flystorms 01-23-08 7
           RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 Breezy 01-23-08 8
               RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 Ahtumbreez 01-23-08 9
                   RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 Breezy 01-23-08 10
                   RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 brvnkrz 01-23-08 13
                       RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 Ahtumbreez 01-23-08 14
 RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 brvnkrz 01-23-08 11
   RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 Tenorsaxy 01-23-08 21
       RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 brvnkrz 01-24-08 23
 RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 jbug 01-23-08 12
   RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 weltek 01-23-08 15
       RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 brvnkrz 01-23-08 16
           RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 Breezy 01-23-08 17
               RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 brvnkrz 01-23-08 18
                   RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 samboohoo 01-23-08 19
                       RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 jbug 01-23-08 20
 RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 Cyndimaus 01-24-08 22
   RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22 brvnkrz 01-24-08 24
 Sitting on my cold lonely limb aquariaqueen 01-24-08 25
 Crunching numbers: Watering up didn... udg 01-25-08 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-08, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
I hated it, absolutely hated it. I thought the whole concept was stupid. There is really no guarantee that anyone (or any couple) could put up a number to beat a whole entire team.

I hate sabotage in a game like this. I hate that an innocent team, who has proven they deserve to be there was sent home because of sabotage.

I don't care for the Purple Team either. I agree about the drama. And I also think they just have poor work ethic. I am disappointed in Orange and Blue. And I hope Bob does rip them a new one.

I thought Yellow was placed in teh worst possible position ever. And having said what I said above, I do not blame them for having it be decided among the three teams that voted for them. I'm just pissed that Pink got screwed.

I'm proud of Yellow for their great week. I LOL'd every time they did the Chinese dings/slow motion for Paul and his jacket.

Boo and Captain Chaos sitting in a tree . . .

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-08, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Totally agree with everything you both have said.

I always hate when it gets to the point the attitude shifts from losing weight and getting healthy to winning the money. And TBL producers should be ashamed of the way they manipulate that part of the show.

Loved that Paul's faith in himself is showing thru. And that he had an "aha" moment when talking about "if there had been more compromise in the marriage they may still be married". I feel sorry for the girlfriend back home, because I would put down money he's still in love with Kelly.

I feel sorry for the purple team, surely Bob would be calling them out if they were slacking. I want to see them hit some big numbers before they go home, because as it is I think they'll be too discouraged to continue at home.

I'll actually miss Bette Sue, Ali not so much but she did look awesome at home.

Paul and Kelly did some major game playing with giving that reward to everyone else. I think Jillian may have put a bug in their ear

winterized by agman
I AM the Abbott of Vermont!
still crushing on Jillian

01-23-08, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
I feel sorry for the girlfriend back home, because I would put down money he's still in love with Kelly.

Until last night, I didn't even know he had one! I thought he had said earlier that he wanted to get back with Kelly?

Paul and Kelly did some major game playing with giving that reward to everyone else. I think Jillian may have put a bug in their ear.

I agree. I think the talk Jillian gave them about not alienating anyone prompted the giving the reward away.

01-23-08, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
I was thinking the same thing when Paul said something about his girlfriend back home. Very interesting.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-24-08, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Yup, agree with both of you as well. I really wanted the purple team to go because they really bug me! I was proud of Yellow, but I too thought that Paul was still in love with Kelly (or maybe it's just being edited that way?..or NOT??) I would be a little freaked out if I was Paul's girlfriend back at home. Having said that, Kelly does seem like a bit of a whiney quitter type, and Paul seems to be the rock. No real surprise that she left him. I hope Paul does well. He deserves it...he works hard.

I did find Bette Sue a scream, but hey, it is a game, so that is life. Looks like they are both doing well at home.

**Cat-a-trois by Agman**

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-23-08, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
I was starting to feel really sorry for the Black team when everyone started ganging up on them. Imagine if they had initially been chosen over the yellow team as the one to beat. That was priceless when Allison said the biggest losers would have immunity!

I am not impressed with Orange. Bette Sue annoyed the heck out of me, but I think it is unfair when teams are eliminated due to game play.

01-23-08, 10:46 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
I wasn't happy for any of them to water up. *sigh* I hate the gameplay.

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-23-08, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
>I wasn't happy for any of them to water up. *sigh* I hate the gameplay.

Me too! I thought I'd read that the producers were doing something to prevent watering up this time around after the Neil debacle last season. That's certainly disappointing that they were still able to influence the outcome. Pink got screwed on this one. I really liked Bette Sue and her drama/antics.

01-23-08, 11:35 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
I thought they had too and was waiting for the hammer to fall.... it never did.

01-23-08, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Me too too, of course that may be hard to control. Not sure how they would accomplish it.

winterized by agman

01-23-08, 11:44 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
That's true.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-08, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
They could accomplish it by setting a minimum weight loss requirement.

An Arkie original.

01-23-08, 04:02 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
But then what if someone really does hit a plateau? I don't think a minimum would be fair, there's penalty enough in that by just falling below the yellow line.

I guess if they cut out immunities and these stupid gimmicks no one would have a reason to not try their hardest.

winterized by agman

01-23-08, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Yep, I agree with you and everybody else.
I too hate teh gameplay. I know it's a game but *sigh* I just wish they were here for their health and not the game.

An Arkie original.

Tenorsaxy 947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-23-08, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tenorsaxy Click to send private message to Tenorsaxy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
*sits with everyone*

What are people's true motives for being here anyway? Is it all about the money, or about being able to change their lives? Getting involved in the gameplay just says to me that they are not making the most of every opportunity to loose weight.

My next song is for Agman.

01-24-08, 12:19 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Yep. They should just apply for Survivor. I hate the gameplay. Hate it.

An Arkie original.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-08, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Sounds like no one liked the new twist - me either.
I could see Yellow choosing to eliminate one of the 3 teams that caused them to be in that position - & with black's immunity, their choice was limited further. I wish they had not made the 'deal' with the girl friend team (purple?). The girls are either not working like Bob thinks they are or they are sneaking down to the kitchen at night (was anyone else wondering if this was where Paul was going in the dead of night? LOL - glad he went to the gym!)
I was disappointed in BetteSue's attitude when she cut Yellow off in the middle of her 'reason talk'. But she did admit that she is a sore loser .

Wonder what would have happened had Yellow refused to chose someone? Get sent home themselves? It was so unfair that they were put in that position.

I did a little math (yea! me!) just to see if the extra 2 lbs would have put Yellow over Black as top losers for the week - it did not (after they weighed and showed their loss and percentage, they didn't add the 2 to make 19, so....)

I still don't like Orange.

Agman
'Getting older softens you into learning that love, kindness, and forgiveness are far more important than one's opinion.' Sagebrush Dan

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-08, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Hm. Everyone I've talked to agrees they DID add the 2 lbs. *shrug*

01-23-08, 04:22 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Yup, they did.

An Arkie original.

01-23-08, 04:37 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
8+9+2=19

01-23-08, 04:47 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Good little bean counter.

An Arkie original.

01-23-08, 07:38 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Sorry, POTI, I was busy doing other things. Yes, Breezy is correct as usual. Kelly and Paul's original total was 17 pounds. They had to decide whether or not to use it right then, which they did to ensure they did not leave the game with an advantage left on the table.

Kelly + Paul does not = James.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-08, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Maybe my bad....
I know it was stated that they were going to use the 2 lbs, I just didn't see it added on.
I saw their actual weight loss as 17 lbs.
Their weights were 269 - 9 = 260 lbs
and 248 - 8 = 240 lbs
total new weight = 500 lbs.
A loss of 17 lbs is 3.39% which is what I thought they put up on the board.
A loss of 19 lbs would be 3.8%.
Maybe they did put it up - I guess I missed it.
Or maybe I just don't know math.
no big deal tho.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-24-08, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
I didn't like the game play that this episode brought. I was disappointed that some of the teams decided to water up. (but I'm glad we at home knew they were talking about it) I had this little smug feeling when it backfired on them, though. They had stated they were doing it to get rid of black and then they ended up not being able to do that. I wonder if orange could have possibly been the biggest loser for the week if they'd worked hard and not watered up. Then maybe black would have gone home.

I think I'm glad they're going to individual competition. Let each person hold their own and not just rely on their partner's weight loss.

I was sorry to see pink go but glad they continued to do well at home.

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Blog

01-24-08, 12:19 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Week 3 Couples 1/22"
Yep, I too giggled when it backfired. But was sad that it was Pink who went home.

An Arkie original.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-24-08, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Sitting on my cold lonely limb"
I like the Orange team...they threw this challenge, which generally, I despise. However, I didn't like the week long challenge of all against one. What a set up to lose! So I am glad that they figured out how to change the game, if just by a little.

If they would have been 7 or whatever individual teams, there could have been a legitimate way to oust the black team, eventually through weight loss or rewards.

All against one, isn't that the way most of these people feel in their own lives?

Orange watered up, they possibly can get out black next week because their numbers should be better and you know Bob is gonna work their rear ends off of them!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-25-08, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Crunching numbers: Watering up didn't help the Yellow team!"
I just finished running the numbers. The two pound, Biggest Loser Bonus made a huge difference for Paul and Kelly, increasing their percentage from 3.29% to 3.68%! For the 6 teams to beat that, Jackie and Dan would have had to have lost at least 30 lb (6.24%, 5 lb more than their 25 lb average weight loss), which would have brought the 6-team percentage up to 3.69%. Anything less than that, and the Yellow team stays in the game.

OTOH, Orange only needed to lose 23 lb (4.78%, 2 lb less than their average) to gain first place and dethrone black (4.64%) for the Biggest Loser of the Week, which would have made a huge difference (Sayonara, black team!).

Without Yellow's 2 lb bonus, Orange would have sent Yellow home with a mere 18 lb (3.74%) weight loss.

This all assumes that everyone else on the show was trying their hardest, of course.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •