The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-09-08, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
Ok the week 2 numbers were pretty low, very low. Do you think it's because contestants are rumored to water up before they show up? Or do you think like Bob that maybe team-training isn't the way to go?

I loved the teeter totter challenge, looked like fun. I was so hoping the Blue team would win. So far I really like them and Bette Sue. How can you not love Bette Sue? She fell on her face on a treadmill and got right back up and on!

Neil.... grrrrrrr probably should keep my comments on him to myself. I predict lots of marital problems in the future for them. He's lazy and has no self worth.

Breezy and Brett sitting in a tree...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 Ahtumbreez 01-09-08 1
 RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 brvnkrz 01-09-08 2
   RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 Breezy 01-09-08 7
       RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 brvnkrz 01-09-08 8
 RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 brvnkrz 01-09-08 3
   RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 Ahtumbreez 01-09-08 4
       RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 brvnkrz 01-09-08 5
 RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 trigirl 01-09-08 6
   RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 brvnkrz 01-09-08 9
 RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 aquariaqueen 01-09-08 10
   RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 brvnkrz 01-09-08 11
       RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 MKitty 01-09-08 26
 RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 samboohoo 01-09-08 12
   RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 Breezy 01-09-08 13
 First place team won what? Breezy 01-09-08 14
   RE: First place team won what? aquariaqueen 01-09-08 15
       RE: First place team won what? Ahtumbreez 01-09-08 17
   RE: First place team won what? Ahtumbreez 01-09-08 16
 RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 Cyndimaus 01-09-08 18
   RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 Ahtumbreez 01-09-08 19
       RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 Cyndimaus 01-09-08 21
   RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 brvnkrz 01-09-08 20
 RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 EMTBGRL 01-09-08 22
   RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 Cyndimaus 01-09-08 23
       RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 aquariaqueen 01-09-08 24
           RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 Cyndimaus 01-09-08 25
 RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 Puffy 01-09-08 27
   RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 jbug 01-09-08 28
       RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 newsomewayne 01-10-08 29
           RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 jbug 01-10-08 31
   RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 Cyndimaus 01-10-08 30
 Question Puffy 01-10-08 32
   RE: Question jbug 01-10-08 33
       RE: Question aquariaqueen 01-10-08 34
           RE: Question trigirl 01-11-08 37
               RE: Question bdemoney 01-15-08 38
 RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 SilverStar 01-11-08 35
   RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8 brvnkrz 01-11-08 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-08, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-08 AT 08:57 AM (EST)

I personally think they water/food uped, etc before that first weeks challenge. Those first loses were too huge. I don't think team training had anything to do with it.

I like everyone but Neil. I really like the Blue team and the mom and son team. Jury is out on Bette Sue still.

I couldn't believe 3 people ate! I'd kill my partner. And I'm sorry but the Yellow team would have gone home lastnight if it were up to me, simply because of the 915 calories he ate. Unless the teams are looking at the money down the road, in which case keeping him around may be a good thing.

I'd love to do the teeter totter challenge. I want one!

winterized by agman
I AM the Abbott of Vermont!
etc- they to the

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-08, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
Neil came here for the wrong reasons and it will eventually be what sends him home. Too bad for his wife.

An Arkie original.

01-09-08, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
Why is he there?

01-09-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
My guess is that he went for his wife and he thought he could breeze through it. Now that it involves actually moving his fat ass, he is wondering what he's gotten himself into.

An Arkie original.

01-09-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
And yes, I want a teeter totter like that too. *grin*

An Arkie original.

01-09-08, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
Why is it that when you say it, it sounds kinda kinky and much more fun?!

winterized by agman

01-09-08, 09:14 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
LOL. It must be my reputation.

An Arkie original.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-09-08, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
Not sure I am loving this couples edition. There are not very many teams where I like BOTH partners.

bouncey by Ice
Hard to know what I think about last night's ep....of the two hours, there was one hour "Breaking News" of Obama, Clinton, McCain et al right in the middle. Not that I mind too much because I find elections very interesting...just don't understand the American electoral system...guess that is another discussion.

01-09-08, 09:54 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I think that doing couples was an interesting idea. That said, I hope they don't do it again.

An Arkie original.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-09-08, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
Yep, I am totally convinced that everyone overate right before the show to make their numbers huge so they would lose a greater amount of weight. Probably a good water up right before initial weigh-in, providing they knew when that would happen.

Neill, yep, I agree with Breezy, marital problems are on your way. And just a word of warning, you'll probably be an enabler to your child. Quit whining and over doting, and be a man. Classic Momma's Boy!

Love the orange team. Always appreciated the fact that the mother owned up to enabling her son. Great team together. (Boy, get a haircut, please?)

Still a little iffy about Betty Sue, she seems like such a "it's all about me" kind of person. But I do respect her for getting back on the treadmill. (Neill, did you see that?)

If I were to have gone on that show, I would have made a pact with my teammate that we WOULD NOT fall to any temptation. No matter what.

Brown team wife added a pound...after a water up, could it be the process toning up muscle? They looked fantastic with what they were able to accomplish at home.

01-09-08, 10:19 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I agree with you about the orange team. At first I didn't pay much attention to them. But every once in awhile now they both just crack me up. I like them a lot.

An Arkie original.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-08, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I really like the Orange Team as well. My favourites are Orange nad Pink. They totally rock!

I liked the episode last night for the teeter totter thing as well, but I was not totally surprised with the second week numbers as I know they are typically low. However, gaining weight...not good!! And, it was good to Neill step it up by the end. I am still however, thinking that Bette Sue rocks!

*winter delight from Sharnina*

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-08, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I'm not sure I believe the rumors about watering up. I think I agree with Bob. I don't think they are weighed as soon as they get there. They weighed in after they got their shirts, after they picked their trainers, after they did that first challenge. I think a lot of the first weigh-in loss is from flushing the system and from a grueling week of sweating, puking peeing, and most certainly not eating what you are used to.

I did not water up on the 31st, and I lost four pounds that first day and thus for the week. This week the scale has not moved much at all.

Week 1 really is a culture shock. No beer, no sodas and a whole, whole, whole lot of activity.

I liked the teeter totter as well. They have such cool challenges. And I really like Bette Sue too. And I like the orange team and the yellow team. Yeah, I guess I like them all. I wonder if Neil is going to really surprise us.

Boo and Captain Chaos sitting in a tree . . .

01-09-08, 10:27 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
The rumor wasn't watering up, it was binge eating for the weeks prior to leaving for the show.

01-09-08, 10:28 AM (EST)
14. "First place team won what?"
Did that get cut out? I never heard what they won.

01-09-08, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: First place team won what?"
Phone cards to call home....

01-09-08, 10:55 AM (EST)
17. "RE: First place team won what?"
No, first place for losing the most weight. At the end.

winterized by agman

01-09-08, 10:54 AM (EST)
16. "RE: First place team won what?"
Thank you for remembering to ask this! I meant to but then....brainfart. If you didn't see it then it must have been not shown, I thought I had just spazzed for it.

winterized by agman

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-09-08, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I wasn't too surprised at the low numbers this week. Last week's big numbers were not typical of a first week weigh-in, if I remember past episodes correctly. Plus, second week numbers are typically lower than the first week. I liked the fact that Jillian stated that at the weigh-in.

Is is just my imagination or do the eliminated people seem to be losing less weight at home then in previous seasons?

I am really hoping Neil will do some changing while he's there. I was glad to see him doing so much better after his phone call home. He needs to keep it up, though. If they fall below the yellow line you know they'll be sent home. And I want them to stay for the sake of the wife.

People eating at the temptations always blows me away. I really do respect those who remember why they are there and don't give in for the sake of a prize. $5000 or a healthy life? The healthy life is priceless. What good is $5000 to you if you keel over?

Sigs by Cyg

01-09-08, 11:03 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I know the yellow team guy(is it Paul?) justified it by saying he had about a 1000 calories left for that day. But. it's a competion 24 hrs a day and you have to remember what it looks like to the people that will be doing the voting if you're the one below the yellow line.

winterized by agman

01-09-08, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I know he justified it by the calories he had left for the day, but the calories he consumed in the temptation weren't "good" calories. I agree with you about how you end up looking to your fellow competitors. Plus with this challenge you end up upsetting your partner. Just not worth it, in my opinion.

Sigs by Cyg

01-09-08, 11:03 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
That always shocks me too. It makes me mad because that is when it's obvious to me who is there for the change and who is there for the money.

An Arkie original.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-08, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I still believe that Kae NOT eating during the donut temptation challenge in the last season's episode is what got her sent home because she was seen as more of a "threat" in the long run. (That challenge was disgusting!!)

Sooooo it IS possible that the people that ate, Mark and Paul, in this case, MIGHT be viewed as less of a threat now if they fall below the yellow line?

That's an "overall analysis to the game"

HOWEVER, it does still negate "Why you are there"

Neil...I am not sure I dislike Neill..I think Jillian hit it right on the head when she told him that "If you lose all this you will have nothing else to hide behind." I don't see Neill as "lazy" as I see him as "scared." Being successful in losing weight will mean he can't focus on his 'fatness' as an excuse for any other areas of failure in his life- a big crutch- that he has used for FAR, FAR too long. Towards the end, Neill was showing a changing attitude..and I hope, truly HOPE for his sake, and his wife's, that change lasts.

Everyone deserves "kudos" at this point. It's too early for me to have a "favorite" yet.

01-09-08, 11:52 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
One thing I've noticed about the people on the show this season, though, is that they seem to be bugged by people who don't seem to want to be there. They didn't like the dad from the first episode and they aren't thrilled with Neil. They seem to be paying more attention to attitude then past seasons.

Sigs by Cyg

01-09-08, 12:01 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
Very true. And I think that's a good thing.

01-09-08, 12:11 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I agree.

Out of the thousands of people who wanted to be there you are there. So you better not whine about it. And you better not slack off. And you better give it 110%.

Sigs by Cyg

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-08, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I cried during most of the show. Phone cards...wahhhhh.

And I can't wait for the make-over show when orange son gets a haircut.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-08, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
Hey, are we joining a fitness club or what?

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-08, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I've joined, too!

01-10-08, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
Is that a beer in your hand? LOL
I catch myself sometimes feeling guilty when I reach for some candy while watching Biggest Loser.
I actually sat on the side of a chair the other night and did leg lifts and such while watching.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

01-10-08, 10:31 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I suspect the orange boy may end up being quite a good looking kid with a hair cut and weight loss. Mama may lose her boy.

Sigs by Cyg

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-08, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Question"

How does someone who weighs about 180 pounds fit into size 9 jeans?

01-10-08, 10:43 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Question"
Good question Puffy & good catch!
I heard her say size 9 but it didn't register.

OK, I'm going to tell just ya'll here - don't let anyone else know.....
I weigh 175 but I am also 5'10" tall. I wear sizes 14 and 16.
When I was 155 I wore a size 12.
So just how tall is she anyway if she's 180 in a size 9?

Agman
'Getting older softens you into learning that love, kindness, and forgiveness are far more important than one's opinion.' Sagebrush Dan

01-10-08, 10:54 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Question"
I am 5'4", 136 lbs, 42 years old and wear a size 8 or 10 pants depending on the cut and brand.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-08, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Question"
Yeah...think I shouted "Liar" at my tv.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-15-08, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Question"
How funny....I wondered the exact same thing! I am 5" 5" and when I weighed 125 lbs I was a size 8. Now that I weigh 155 I am a size 12. So how does she weigh 25 lbs more than me and is somehow a size 9?

I need to buy clothes where she does...that would lift my spirits being a size 8 again! (although I am lifting weights while watching tv now, so who knows maybe I'll get back down there one of these days. Gosh, to weigh 20 or 30 lbs less would be great!)

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-08, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I don't believe the contestants overeat or "water up" before the first week. I am overweight and I've lost 10 pounds in the first week before just by eating healthier. Add in the amount of exercise they do, and 20 pounds totally makes sense to me.

Anyway, I thought it was really crappy of the black team to not give one of the sets of phone cards to the blue team. Not only did they come in second, and finish their 100 on the teeter totter, they are totally there by themselves! They have no loved one with them to talk to and get support from. I think they deserved the calls to home more than anyone. And what's with calls to home in week 2? Everyone was whining about how it had been so long... uh, it's been like a week and a half. Usually they save the home contact for later in the season, don't they?

I do not like the mom on the orange team. She needs to focus on herself and not Neill. They were working out and she was just constantly making fun of Neill and bitching about him not working hard enough. It's not your problem! Let Jillian and his wife worry about him and mind your own business!

Very sad to see the brown team go. I think the reason we're not seeing the huge at-home tranformations is because this season isn't as long as the other seasons have been. I think people in past seasons have probably had at least 2-3 months to lose their weight and these contestants probably only have a month or so.

01-11-08, 12:54 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Week 2 Couples, 1/8"
I totally agree about the phone cards. How they didn't get one still baffles me.

An Arkie original.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •