The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Your thoughts on the finale last night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

cherluvr4life 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

12-19-07, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cherluvr4life Click to send private message to cherluvr4life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Your thoughts on the finale last night"
i was WOWED by Bill and Julie!! holy cow, they looked so awesome. Izzy didnt look much different, and her neck still scares me. I thought Holly looked great and is definitely on her way.(she just needs to lose that oddly shaped friend of hers and i think she will be fine)

so, is the rumor about Neil true? did he purposely gain weight b4 joining BL? and if so, wouldnt that make him a cheater? i just felt horrible for Jim. he was so close to winning the 100 Grand only to lose it to a cheater. i was furious!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Your thoughts on the finale las... Olympia Binewski 12-19-07 1
   RE: Your thoughts on the finale las... cherluvr4life 12-19-07 2
 RE: Your thoughts on the finale las... jbug 12-19-07 3
   RE: Your thoughts on the finale las... cherluvr4life 12-19-07 4
       RE: Your thoughts on the finale las... YankeeDixieDoodle 12-19-07 7
       RE: Your thoughts on the finale las... flmfrk 12-19-07 10
 RE: Your thoughts on the finale las... Cyndimaus 12-19-07 5
 The twins rule!! MKitty 12-19-07 6
   RE: The twins rule!! YankeeDixieDoodle 12-19-07 8
 Product placement AGAIN! YankeeDixieDoodle 12-19-07 9
   RE: Product placement AGAIN! flmfrk 12-19-07 11
       RE: Product placement AGAIN! ZnittyK 12-20-07 12
           RE: Product placement AGAIN! cherluvr4life 12-20-07 13
               RE: Product placement AGAIN! Cyndimaus 12-20-07 14
               RE: Product placement AGAIN! flmfrk 12-21-07 18
                   RE: Product placement AGAIN! YankeeDixieDoodle 12-31-07 19
               RE: Product placement AGAIN! YankeeDixieDoodle 12-31-07 20
           RE: Product placement AGAIN! YankeeDixieDoodle 12-20-07 15
               RE: Product placement AGAIN! flmfrk 12-21-07 17
 RE: Your thoughts on the finale las... YankeeDixieDoodle 12-20-07 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Olympia Binewski 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-19-07, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Olympia%20Binewski Click to send private message to Olympia%20Binewski Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Your thoughts on the finale last night"
I thought Jim did win the $100000. Neil needed another 4 pounds to win IIRC.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-19-07, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cherluvr4life Click to send private message to cherluvr4life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Your thoughts on the finale last night"
you know what? i could have sworn i saw Neil win that 100K. how weird...

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-19-07, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Your thoughts on the finale last night"
Jim won the $100,000 - not Neil.

What do you mean by Holly's 'oddly shaped friend'? If you mean the "person" who is her real friend, that is a sad thing to say. I don't choose my friends based on their weight or their looks. I'm sure Holly is glad she had friends when she was overweight and I hope she won't dump them just because she lost her weight.

Agman is definitely on my list (& twin Cyndi too)
Wishing you and all those close to you a
Joyous Holiday Season and a New Year of Happiness and Hope for a World at Peace.

12-19-07, 09:52 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Your thoughts on the finale last night"
yep, thats the friend.
remember when Holly went home and she was trying to get her friend motivated to work out and lose wieght too? well, obviously the women is not interested in losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle. i think having that kind of influence around you will eventually bring you down.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-19-07, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Your thoughts on the finale last night"
Hollie needs to surround herself with people who take charge of their health, including eating right and exercizing. Such as the friend who dips her fork in the dressing before sticking it in the salad. If Hollie's other friend isn't willing to change her unhealthy habits, why spend time fighting a losing battle? If Hollie does get dragged down by this friend, she could be among the 90% who, she says, gain the weight back.

flmfrk 0 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-07, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flmfrk Click to send private message to flmfrk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Your thoughts on the finale last night"
>yep, thats the friend.
>remember when Holly went home and
>she was trying to get
>her friend motivated to work
>out and lose wieght too?
>well, obviously the women is
>not interested in losing weight
>and living a healthy lifestyle.
>i think having that kind
>of influence around you will
>eventually bring you down.

No one can bring you down except you. I'd rather have an overweight friend that loved me and supported me, rather than someone who couldn't get past the outside. There are a lot of skinny people in this world that are thin on the outside and rotten on the inside.

As for her friend, you never know what's going on inside of a person, she could be trying to lose weight and doing so slowly, but illregardless of whether or not she choses to lose weight, it is HER decision,and she shouldn't be judged. I hope Hollie is mature enough to support her as a friend no matter what.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-19-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Your thoughts on the finale last night"
LAST EDITED ON 12-19-07 AT 11:02 AM (EST)

Great finale. I always love seeing how everyone looks. I'm so glad that Jim won the $100,000. He looked great. And he was the "real" biggest loser since he lost the most out of everyone.

As far as Hollie's friend, she shouldn't dump her friend based on her weight or even necessarily on her influence. It is hard to change your entire lifestyle and Hollie had to go away for four months to do it. Maybe she can be a positive influence on her friend. (but didn't she move away? I remember her saying something about being away from friends and family when she talked about moving to L.A.)

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Snidget!
(and happy Christmas from my twin Jbug!)

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-19-07, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "The twins rule!!"
Way to go Bill and Jim! They really cleaned up...I am so proud of them. I am amazed at how wonderful everyone looked last night. Kae...I LOVE her short hair and her body was smoking hot! I even thought Amy looked amazing. Even whiney Hollie looked really good (although she is still so much of a whiner that it drives me crazy)

I am really happy for Isabeau too..she looked amazing and it is great to see her become a personal trainer. I am just in awe of everyone last night..they all just looked terrific. What a great ending...so happy for the twins.

Crooning courtesy of Agman

12-19-07, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The twins rule!!"
>Way to go Bill and Jim!
>They really cleaned up...I am
>so proud of them. I
>am amazed at how wonderful
>everyone looked last night. Kae...I
>LOVE her short hair and
>her body was smoking hot!
>I even thought Amy looked
>amazing. Even whiney Hollie looked
>really good (although she is
>still so much of a
>whiner that it drives me
>crazy)
>
I muted most of the re-run and at-home segments. Didn't want to "live" through all that old whining, and hear any of the new. The facial expressions were sad-sacky enough. Especially Hollie's hang-dog looks.
The final results came as no surprize. As soon as I saw Jim's percentage, I knew he had that $100K in th bag. And, for the whole week, I've been expecting Bill to win. Especially as the only remaining male. And, the finalist with the highest starting weight.

12-19-07, 03:24 PM (EST)
9. "Product placement AGAIN!"
Even the finale didn't spare us the ubiquitous Subway Product placement.
There was Julie, during the "at-home" phase of the competition, sitting, with her husband and son, at a picnic table, eating Subway. Why is she eating so much of their stuff? Are they giving it to her? It would be cheaper advertizing than a commercial.
Then, she was in the kitchen, cooking Jennie-O breakfast links. I hope she read the nutritional label first. While Jennie-O white meat turkey bacon is low in fat and calories, not all their products are.
Their bulk turkey sausage has 250 caloies and 20 grams of fat per serving. And, their "lean" ground turkey patties have 160 calories and 9 grams of fat.
That's the same as 92% lean ground beef patties. And, the beef has a better flavor. For the same fat and calories, I'd rather eat it.

12-19-07, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flmfrk Click to send private message to flmfrk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Product placement AGAIN!"
Commercial, what commerical? I mean I always sit around with my friends and talk about the benefits of eating at subway.

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-20-07, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Product placement AGAIN!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-07 AT 01:56 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-20-07 AT 01:53 AM (EST)

First let me say that everyone looked remarkable. Just so phenomenal IMO. I was very shocked to see how much everyone lost (with the exception of one). Amy looked gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Everyone just looked stunning. Wow... I really don't believe in jealousy, but I was very jealous lol even though I am already in good shape (with like a few lbs to lose). A lot of the women are cutting their hair. They look real beautiful with their complete makeovers. Congrats to them all.

I thought Neil won at first too, then I had to rewind it. Jim won the 100,000. The twins dominated that competition. I don't know about the Neil situation, this is the first time I am reading about it.

A lot of women on the show want a female biggest loser for once and for all. There will never, ever be a female biggest loser UNLESS, they take out all of the guys before getting to the final four lol. That is the only way they will be guaranteed to have a female win the show. There is no way these women can lose more weigh than these guys. Absolutely no way lol.

The Subway thing was on my mind today at work. I wanted to know if there were any benefits at all eating Subway? About the foods they have all types of ways of getting their products out there so you never know.

About Hollies friend, that is very pitiful to say because Hollie isn't responsible for her friend. If she doesn't want to change her life then that is not Hollies fault. If Hollie has a mind of her own and she is happy with her weight loss, then that is her. That has nothing to with her friend. I don't see why a person would drop their friend for being obese. But then again, its statements like that which belittles people and make them feel worthless, sad SMH. Thinner people are, in no way ever any better than overweight/obese people. Anorexics and Bullimics have weight issues too. Does that make them any more worthwhile to be friends with? Thin is definetly not better. No one is better than anyone. Some people are underweight just like some people are overweight. Just because someone is thin doesn't mean they are healthy. There could be something in the background going on that no one knows about. You never know whats going on behind the scenes with her friend. There are a lot of medical issues, and medications that can put weight onto people like wildfire and they will have a hard time getting it off. Hollie also had an advantage. She lost a lot of weight at the ranch. Everyone has this thought that if you are obese, you eat too much. Stop eating and that is not always the case. That also sounds like being stuck up if you lose weight then "dump" your friend. We are all human and one is better than anyone. Its very sad when people are putting peoples worth based on their weight. Shame.

One more thing. I agree that Isabeau didn't look any different.

12-20-07, 08:10 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Product placement AGAIN!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-07 AT 08:11 AM (EST)

i never thought of Holly's friends weight a factor of health reasons, but from what they showed on the show when Holly was trying to get her to workout leads me to believe otherwise.

Eating is an addiction. so is alcohol, gambling etc. The first thing a therapist will tell you is to remove yourself from that environment of temptation. plain and simple. If youre a drug addict are you going to remain friends with people who do drugs becuz they are a beautiful person on the inside??

Holly needs to have friends that are on the same level as she. it has nothing to do with looks or whats on the inside. yadda yadda yadda.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-20-07, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Product placement AGAIN!"
Keep in mind that when Hollie had her visit home it was for a short amount of time, only 24 hours. So to expect her friend to just jump right in on the workout bandwagon is a bit unrealistic. Hollie had been in an intensive environment before she went home.

Sigs by Cyg

12-21-07, 07:27 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Product placement AGAIN!"
You can not compare a drug addict to an overweight person. You choose to take drugs, you eat to live. By your theory, Hollie would have to stop eating.

As for therapist, they tend to know nothing about drug addicts. Which is why most addicts end up in rehab over and over again. A drug counseler will tell you, a person that kicks a drug habit does so because they CHOOSE to change their lives. Separating themselves from their friends and their enviornment will not stop them from taking drugs if they still want them, they'll just find new drug addicts to hang out with.
As for her needing to have friends on the same level as she is? Are you saying her friend is some how less than she is because of her weight? Boy I guess I must be old fashioned, because I still believe it's what's inside a person that counts.

12-31-07, 01:08 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Product placement AGAIN!"
There are those who eat to live.
And those who live to eat. They're pretty easy to spot. Especially when they weigh in excess of 300 pounds. And, make five trips to the buffet bar, piling their plate sky high every time.

12-31-07, 01:15 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Product placement AGAIN!"
>LAST EDITED ON 12-20-07
>AT 08:11 AM (EST)

>
>i never thought of Holly's friends
>weight a factor of health
>reasons, but from what they
>showed on the show when
>Holly was trying to get
>her to workout leads me
>to believe otherwise.
>
>Eating is an addiction. so is
>alcohol, gambling etc. The first
>thing a therapist will tell
>you is to remove yourself
>from that environment of temptation.
>plain and simple. If youre
>a drug addict are you
>going to remain friends with
>people who do drugs becuz
>they are a beautiful person
>on the inside??
>
>Holly needs to have friends that
>are on the same level
>as she. it has nothing
>to do with looks or
>whats on the inside. yadda
>yadda yadda.

You're right. People trying to live a healthy life must often distance themselves from people who try to get them back into their old, unhealthy ways. And, it might not always be an overweight friend. "Food pushers" come in all sizes. Even a thin person might offer unhealthy food.

12-20-07, 03:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Product placement AGAIN!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-07 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

>LAST EDITED ON 12-20-07
>AT 01:56 AM (EST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON 12-20-07
>AT 01:53 AM (EST)

>
>First let me say that everyone
>looked remarkable. Just so phenomenal
>IMO. I was very shocked
>to see how much everyone
>lost (with the exception of
>one). Amy looked gorgeous, gorgeous,
>gorgeous. Everyone just looked stunning.
>Wow... I really don't believe
>in jealousy, but I was
>very jealous lol even though
>I am already in good
>shape (with like a few
>lbs to lose). A lot
>of the women are cutting
>their hair. They look real
>beautiful with their complete
>makeovers. Congrats to them all.
>
>
>I thought Neil won at first
>too, then I had to
>rewind it. Jim won the
>100,000. The twins dominated that
>competition. I don't know about
>the Neil situation, this is
>the first time I am
>reading about it.
>
>A lot of women on the
>show want a female biggest
>loser for once and for
>all. There will never, ever
>be a female biggest loser
>UNLESS, they take out all
>of the guys before getting
>to the final four lol.
>That is the only way
>they will be guaranteed to
>have a female win the
>show. There is no way
>these women can lose more
>weigh than these guys. Absolutely
>no way lol.
>
>The Subway thing was on my
>mind today at work. I
>wanted to know if there
>were any benefits at all
>eating Subway? About the foods
>they have all types of
>ways of getting their products
>out there so you never
>know.
>
>About Hollies friend, that is very
>pitiful to say because Hollie
>isn't responsible for her friend.
>If she doesn't want to
>change her life then that
>is not Hollies fault. If
>Hollie has a mind of
>her own and she is
>happy with her weight loss,
>then that is her. That
>has nothing to with her
>friend. I don't see why
>a person would drop their
>friend for being obese. But
>then again, its statements like
>that which belittles people and
>make them feel worthless, sad
>SMH. Thinner people are, in
>no way ever any better
>than overweight/obese people. Anorexics and
>Bullimics have weight issues too.
>Does that make them any
>more worthwhile to be friends
>with? Thin is definetly not
>better. No one is better
>than anyone. Some people are
>underweight just like some people
>are overweight. Just because someone
>is thin doesn't mean they
>are healthy. There could be
>something in the background going
>on that no one knows
>about. You never know whats
>going on behind the scenes
>with her friend. There are
>a lot of medical issues,
>and medications that can put
>weight onto people like wildfire
>and they will have a
>hard time getting it off.
>Hollie also had an advantage.
>She lost a lot of
>weight at the ranch. Everyone
>has this thought that if
>you are obese, you eat
>too much. Stop eating and
>that is not always the
>case. That also sounds like
>being stuck up if you
>lose weight then "dump" your
>friend. We are all human
>and one is better than
>anyone. Its very sad when
>people are putting peoples worth
>based on their weight. Shame.
>
>
>One more thing. I agree that
>Isabeau didn't look any different.
>

Hollie could be the best thing that's ever happened to this friend. If Hollie can get her to eat right and exercize. Hollie could very well save her friend from debilitating health problems and an early death.
Anyway, nothing was said, during Hollie's brief visit home, that suggested anything, other than over-eating and inactivity, was behind her friend's obesity. The same thing behind all four season's TBL contestants. For a weekly two pound weight gain, all that's needed is a daily 1000 calorie excess. That's 104 pounds gained in a year.
As for the "benefits" of eating at Subway, it's a better choice than eating somewhere such as a fast food or "home-cooking" place. If you stick with the "six-grams-of-fat-and-under" sandwich options. And, don't add bacon, cheese, fatty condiments, cookies, or full-fat chips. I walked to, and ate at, Subway today because my husband stopped at an all-you-can-eat "home-cooking" place. Fried chicken, meat-loaf, salisbury steak in gravy, and "buttered" vegetables made Subway the obviously healthier choice.
And, the exception, I'll bet is Lezlie. The way she came on the show, using "Katrina" as an excuse for her weight gain, suggested that she wouldn't take enough personal responsibility to lose the kind of weight everyone else did. Anyway, I'll bet eliminating her the second week spared us a lot of drama.
As for Isabeau, that black dress, designed more to show off her breasts than anything else, made it hard to see if she'd lost much weight since going home. That, and her thick neck.

12-21-07, 07:13 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Product placement AGAIN!"

>Hollie could be the best thing
>that's ever happened to this
>friend. If Hollie can get
>her to eat right and
>exercize. Hollie could very well
>save her friend from debilitating
>health problems and an early
>death.
>Anyway, nothing was said, during Hollie's
>brief visit home, that suggested
>anything, other than over-eating and
>inactivity, was behind her friend's
>obesity. The same thing behind
>all four season's TBL contestants.
>For a weekly two pound
>weight gain, all that's needed
>is a daily 1000 calorie
>excess. That's 104 pounds gained
>in a year.
>As for the "benefits" of eating
>at Subway, it's a better
>choice than eating somewhere such
>as a fast food or
>"home-cooking" place. If you stick
>with the "six-grams-of-fat-and-under" sandwich options.
>And, don't add bacon, cheese,
>fatty condiments, cookies, or full-fat
>chips. I walked to, and
>ate at, Subway today because
>my husband stopped at an
>all-you-can-eat "home-cooking" place. Fried chicken,
>meat-loaf, salisbury steak in gravy,
>and "buttered" vegetables made Subway
>the obviously healthier choice.
>And, the exception, I'll bet is
>Lezlie. The way she came
>on the show, using "Katrina"
>as an excuse for her
>weight gain, suggested that she
>wouldn't take enough personal responsibility
>to lose the kind of
>weight everyone else did. Anyway,
>I'll bet eliminating her the
>second week spared us a
>lot of drama.
>As for Isabeau, that black dress,
>designed more to show off
>her breasts than anything else,
>made it hard to see
>if she'd lost much weight
>since going home. That, and
>her thick neck.
It's a shame that we value people in this Country based on appearance. Is Hollie's friend less of a person because she is overweight?
Seriously, the best thing Hollie can do for her friend is love her and let HER decide what is best for her. It isn't her place or right to tell her friend to eat and excerise, that is a personal decision the friend HAS to make.

Will she die early? Maybe but people who are supposedly healthy get diseases and die all the time (lance armstrong, Alanzo morning to name a few), and there are overweight people who live well into their 70's and 80's and beyond. While I'm not saying being overweight is healthy, I do think treating the overweight like their less than human is unfair. Seriously, people do way more dangerous and crazy things and we never try and stop them (sex with mulitple partners, drinking and driving, etc.,) I always say pick you're posion. Heck now a days anything can kill you.

12-20-07, 04:03 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Your thoughts on the finale last night"
Svelte Sweeney looked much better in her dress than rotund Rhea did in that Pepto pink get-up at least year's finale.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •