The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The show should change the elimination format"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-21-07, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The show should change the elimination format"
I find the voting thing at the end pretty boring and doesn't fit a weight loss/makeover show. It's not as exciting like Survivor where there are real stakes with tribal alliances, etc. It doesn't even make rhymore or reason sometimes and only ends up eliminating members that could have benefited the most by losing the most weight. How about instead of voting out one member of the losing team, have the two members who have the least weight gain on the losing team have a showdon on some kind of Survivor like challenge. That way they are at least doing something physical and it would be more exciting to see them fight for it to stay on. It would be better than them sitting at a long table pulling up a dinner cover from a plate with each member giviing a boring speech of why they voted for them.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The show should change the elim... YankeeDixieDoodle 10-23-07 1
 RE: The show should change the elim... hughsmom 10-23-07 2
   RE: The show should change the elim... Redward5 10-23-07 3
       RE: The show should change the elim... JoeGazillionaire 10-24-07 4
       RE: The show should change the elim... Cyndimaus 10-24-07 6
   RE: The show should change the elim... YankeeDixieDoodle 10-24-07 5
       RE: The show should change the elim... JoeGazillionaire 10-24-07 7
           RE: The show should change the elim... YankeeDixieDoodle 11-01-07 8
 RE: The show should change the elim... skeetergirl87 11-06-07 9
   RE: The show should change the elim... flystorms 11-06-07 10
       Karma is a Beeyotch!! ZnittyK 11-07-07 11
           RE: Karma is a Beeyotch!! JoeGazillionaire 11-09-07 12
               RE: Karma is a Beeyotch!! YankeeDixieDoodle 11-09-07 13
                   RE: Karma is a Beeyotch!! JoeGazillionaire 11-09-07 14
                       RE: Karma is a Beeyotch!! hughsmom 11-11-07 15
 RE: The show should change the elim... Breezy 11-12-07 16
   RE: The show should change the elim... YankeeDixieDoodle 11-13-07 18
 RE: The show should change the elim... YankeeDixieDoodle 11-13-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-23-07, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
There have been and still are "Survivor-like" alliances on TBL. Last season's Red Team member, Heather, was notorious for forming alliances. Heather wanted to win so badly, she didn't care who got hurt. She, at least, wanted a woman to win the competition, for a change. So, her main alliance was gals vs. guys, no matter which team. And, to that end, she formed a different mini-alliance each week.
That said, I like your suggestion. Let the two, on the team that loses the weigh-in, who've lost the least weight, participate in a challenge. The winner stays. The loser goes home. A "Survivor-like" challenge could cut down on the "Survivor-like" alliance mentality and other bad attitudes that seem to precede each elimination.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

hughsmom 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-23-07, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hughsmom Click to send private message to hughsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
After tonight's episode, I agree that they need to change how it is done. I am absolutely disgusted with what that idiot did to rig the process. What a bunch of BS. I watch for inspiration, and he totally shot that in the buttocks. I'd rather watch House.

Redward5 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-23-07, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redward5 Click to send private message to Redward5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
Maybe it should be the one in the bottom group with the lowest weight loss that leaves the show.
I don't understand what the big deal was in tonights show? There have been alliances formed since the first show came on. I don't remember hearing any of the contestants throwing a fit when the "older" man was voted off in the first vote and he had won the right to setup the teams as well as having lost the most weight of anyone prior to his being voted off as a "big threat". I also think the trainers have lost all contact with the purpose of the show. How many times tonight did we hear "do you realize how bad that makes me look" or "I am so F###### mad at what you did" ? (It's really a shame they aren't intelligent enough to express themselves without using that word) To the best of my memory I don't remember ever hearing that the "fat" contestants were there to make the trainers look as good as possible. I believe the contestants are there to utilize the trainers knowledge to do whatever it takes for them to get to the last show so they will have a shot at the big money, that means getting rid of everyone else. After all they do not call you back to the last show to weigh in because you played the nicest game.

10-24-07, 03:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
I just want them to switch it up because the final 30 minutes is extremely boring...I don't even care about the alliances, voting, or whatever. I got drawn into the show more by the trainers....and seeing which team will win...also to see how the contenstants look after losing 100 pounds. I would much rather watch Survivor for the real strategy type alliances. It doesn't fit this show.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-24-07, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
I think that what has people so upset about what Neil did is that the whole point of the show is to LOSE WEIGHT. Gaining weight on purpose just for the sake of the game is contrary to what the whole premise of the show is.

Granted, Neil's weight gain was dramatic but other contestants in previous seasons have done the same thing. I disagreed with them doing it too. (although Neil's weight gain was more obviously on purpose plus he admitted it)

I like what one of the trainers said last night - save the game play for the few hours before elimination. The rest of the time focus on losing weight and getting healthy. That is why they (supposedly) came onto the show in the first place.

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey

10-24-07, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
>After tonight's episode, I agree that
>they need to change how
>it is done. I am
>absolutely disgusted with what that
>idiot did to rig the
>process. What a bunch
>of BS. I watch
>for inspiration, and he totally
>shot that in the buttocks.
> I'd rather watch House.
>

It's ironic that, after posting about Heather "throwing" that weigh-in with her four pound weight gain, I saw Neil do the same thing, to a much greater degree. But, only one team had the integrity to vote against him. The other two teams, via misplaced loyalty, went right along with his scheme. There shouldn't have even been an elmination last night. Neil should've been summarily disqualified. Too bad those two gallons of water didn't make him pee all over himself during his weigh-in.

10-24-07, 06:27 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
I haven't finished watching the show last night....but was that girl that defected from Kim the only defection? Did everyone else stick with their trainers?

11-01-07, 03:40 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
Amy defected from Kim. And, one of the guys defected to her. Other than that, I didn't notice.

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-06-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
I agree, but, unfortunately, this is a TV show and the audience wants drama, drama, drama!!! Right!?! Who wants to just see a bunch of fat people lose weight? We want to see fat people gripe and whine and backstab and be humiliated while losing weight. Now that's a show!!

I used to be a diehard fan that watched every episode, but now I just go to the website to see how much each contestant lost, watch the video to see how the kicked-off contestant does after the show and read these boards and I don't even miss all of the "action" (drama). This show isn't about life-style change. It's about who can (temporarily) do what it takes to get to the end and win the money.

I really hate the teams and the "competitions". These contestants should all be supportive of each other and helping each other make these changes. I'm sure they've all experienced discrimination, ridicule and poor self-esteem as a result of their weight, so they should all be encouraging one another rather than adding to the humiliation factor. And what about the psychological factors that lead a lot of people to overeat? This show just focuses on the diet and exercise part. If you don't treat the psychological issues, too, then they're going to revert to old habits once the spotlight goes off.

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-06-07, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
You know, Skeetergirl, you're right that these people should be more supportive of each other instead of so cutthroat. One of the things I liked about Fat March and its format was that they all got more prize money the more of them who crossed the finish line together. It was about losing weight and changing lifestyle, but it was also about teamwork to a much bigger extent. I sure hope that the producers of the show realize how ugly it's gotten this year and change it back up to be a life-changing competition for the contestants as well as the viewers.
kk

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-07-07, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Karma is a Beeyotch!!"
Am I the only one who remembers last season when Eric was the only Blue team player left. Kim was pretty happy about that, she got real copy about it and blah, blah, blah. Now its happening to her. I guess it doesn't feel so well if you have only one person left who wants to train with you. I guess it is justifiable for her but if someone else has only one person left then she wants to act like a big dog lol.

I just wanted to point that out.

So about this weeks episode and previews for next weeks episode,
...............I'm done!!

11-09-07, 05:07 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Karma is a Beeyotch!!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-07 AT 05:09 AM (EST)

That's just it....the show lacks drama after the weigh in when you see which team won.... I wanted them to change the elimination format to add more drama. If you knew you had to face off against the other person who has the lowest weight loss...you'd try harder. all the voting stuff as a rip off of Survivor doesn't really fit the show and is pretty anti-climatic. I usually fast forward through the last half hour or 45 minutes just to see what the voted off contestant looks like after the transformation. What drew me into the show was probably more the rivlary between the trainers....Jillian and the black team as underdogs against the other trainer's different styles. I was surprised that some of the guys that were 200 pounds were able to get six pack abs (from a past season rerun on cable). By the way, is it just me or....or is Jillian kind of cute...I saw one of the reruns of a past season on the Style network and I thought she looked cute.

11-09-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Karma is a Beeyotch!!"
Why must these shows have drama? Last season's show was so full of drama caused by the Red Team's whining and Heather's survivalist attitude, that it ruined show's spirit. This season, it's Amy and Neil doing much the same thing. The only reason there's less drama is because the long, drawn-out weigh-in process leaves less time for it. This show needs less drama. Maybe a little more suspense to liven it up. The producers probably think they're making the weigh-in, and elmination, suspenseful. But, all the commercial breaks are so boringly predictable that it kills the suspense. Shorten the show to an hour; speed up the weigh-in; and have only one commercial break, right before the final contestant weighs in. And, another, right before the deciding vote is cast.

11-09-07, 05:01 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Karma is a Beeyotch!!"
yeah, suspsense....that's it. Drama can be boring if we see the same thing over and over again.... look how downhill the Bachelor has gotten. Each season it's the same drama, the contestants say the same thing.....do stuff on cue like following a script.... and the ratings went south. Survivor's really good at keeping up the suspense. Their challenges are exciting because there's a lot at stake... plus, they switch the game up quite a bit so no one feels that safe. This show is good for the first 20 minutes and then it just goes into a long stretched out thing like they are trying to stretch 10 minuts into 30. Survivor moves at a good action movie pace. Gives a little intro showing possible conflict, supesnes, action scene, rest, tension building up to climax, resolution.

hughsmom 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-11-07, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hughsmom Click to send private message to hughsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Karma is a Beeyotch!!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-07 AT 10:29 AM (EST)

Oops - wrong thread.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-12-07, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
According to a poster on NBC's Biggest Loser boards, Jillian has said on her blog that they did change some parts of the show for next season (which is taping now).

11-13-07, 03:58 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
I hope they're eliminating all the challenges, and "temptations" involving unhealthy foods. This season has got to be the worst for this. Early in the season, there was a temptation involving junk food. More recently, there was another, to decide who would form the trios. And, tonight, according to TV Guide, dough-nuts will be involved. Why all the junk food on a weight-loss show?

11-13-07, 03:52 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The show should change the elimination format"
According to TV Guide, starting tonight, there will no longer be teams. Everyone will be competing as individuals, responsible for their own weight loss. Should put an end to the "watering-up" and "alliance" gimmicks. Wonder how they'll handle the elimination, though. Will there be one person under the yellow line, who goes home? Or, two below the yellow line, with those above it deciding who goes?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •