The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-04-07, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
Dang, her black team is whipping the other teams each week. I would like to know what's in her workout and diet regimen for these guys.... How are they consistently losing 6-11 pounds each week? I know that to lose weight, you'd need to build muscle, strength train, cut carbs....and get plenty of protein....
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... Snidget 10-04-07 1
   RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... aquariaqueen 10-04-07 2
 RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... YankeeDixieDoodle 10-04-07 3
 RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... YankeeDixieDoodle 10-04-07 4
   RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... JoeGazillionaire 10-06-07 5
       RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... aquariaqueen 10-06-07 6
           RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... Snidget 10-06-07 7
               RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... JoeGazillionaire 10-06-07 8
       RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... YankeeDixieDoodle 10-08-07 9
           RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... udg 10-09-07 10
               RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... JoeGazillionaire 10-09-07 11
                   RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... aquariaqueen 10-09-07 12
                   RE: What is in Jillian's workout re... YankeeDixieDoodle 10-19-07 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-07, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
She has a website: http://www.jillianmichaels.com/

Looks like you have to sign up to get all the inf.o, but it says it is free

Running down the field by Agman! Icey bounced me!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-04-07, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
Yeah, I thought I was signing up for a free newsletter, but there IS money involved. After signing up to a certain part (before they want money) you give them your email address. I did receive an email the next day, but it had nothing of great substance in it, except to sign up for the service......I unsubscribed at that point.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-04-07, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
Carbs can be cut too far. Especially when they're high fiber vegetables or whole grains. They're needed for regularity. Brain function. And, muscle building. It's the empty calorie carbs, sugars and refined starches, that need cutting.

10-04-07, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
Jillian doesn't waste her time having her team recite self-loving platitudes. She has them work their butts off. Platitudes won't melt the pounds off. Tough workouts will. So will mixing up, and varying, the routine. Jill seems to do this much more than Bob and Kim. They seem to have their teams doing the same things most of the time.

10-06-07, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
>Jillian doesn't waste her time having
>her team recite self-loving platitudes.
>She has them work their
>butts off. Platitudes won't melt
>the pounds off. Tough workouts
>will. So will mixing up,
>and varying, the routine. Jill
>seems to do this much
>more than Bob and Kim.
>They seem to have their
>teams doing the same things
>most of the time.

I agree with you. I think she does a better job of mixing things up and shocking their bodies. I also notice that she has more resistance and strength training. She has them punching at her pads, carrying her around, pulling tug of war....even when they are resting, their new added muscles are burning their fat for them.
What do you guys think of some of the diet advice though? I notice they have them eating subs and bread. When I want to lean up, I usually eat more protein, veggies, fruit, oatmeal, but don't eat too much bread or pasta.... Some of the bodybuilder friends at my gym also mention that they really cut down on carbs...

10-06-07, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
....even when they are resting,
>their new added muscles are
>burning their fat for them.
>
When I
>want to lean up, I
>usually eat more protein, veggies,
>fruit, oatmeal, but don't eat
>too much bread or pasta....

I notice that you keep mentioning that muscles burn fat. They are two completely different types of cells. Could you explain?

Ummm...oatmeal IS IN THE BREAD FAMILY, and a good whole grain bread is not bad for you.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-07, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
The theory has to do with the amount of energy a cell uses just being a cell day in and day out varies.

Muscle cells are supposed to need more energy just to survive from day to day than a fat cell so if you increase muscle mass even when you are not using the muscle it takes more calories to get through the day than the same number of fat cells.

There isn't a direct muscle cell burns fat cells up but if you can raise the number of calories your body needs (increase muscle) to just get by the excess weight (fat) should come off faster than if you didn't work out and make more muscle.

10-06-07, 07:05 PM (EST)
8. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
>....even when they are resting,
>>their new added muscles are
>>burning their fat for them.
>>
> When I
>>want to lean up, I
>>usually eat more protein, veggies,
>>fruit, oatmeal, but don't eat
>>too much bread or pasta....
>
>I notice that you keep mentioning
>that muscles burn fat.
>They are two completely different
>types of cells. Could
>you explain?
>
>Ummm...oatmeal IS IN THE BREAD FAMILY,
>and a good whole grain
>bread is not bad for
>you.

Well, everything is connected. Building muscle increases your metabolism so much that you burn up to 50 calories per day per pound of muscle you have. Building mucles causes the mucle tissues to break down and rebuild themselves at a higher rate than normal and this process of rebuilding takes up a lot of energy and triggers your body into a mucles building, fatburning mode...so a person who adds 6 additional pounds of mucle would burn up to 300 calories a day, even sitting still. That's why you notice some of the bigger guys who added muscle on that show always seem to drop a lot more pounds. Low-intensity aerobic exercise can have the opposite effect. When one exercises, the body uses up the glycogen (stored carbs and fat, etc) but when it continues longer than 20 minutes, the body drifts into depeltion and it starts looking to burn other stuff like protein...and that actually begins to eat up the muscle tissue. Maybe that's why some of the members on red team are having trouble losing weight....

I realize that oatmeal is a carb....but there are important reasons for eating it and why most diet books and trainers recommend it. Oatmeal keeps insulin levels low, which keeps you from storing fat. Oatmeal also increases free testoserone, enhancing the body's ability to build muscle and burn fat. Also, with oatmeal, I put a lot of water in it, so I only need small protions to keep me full. Whole grain bread is good for you, but sometimes they are processed...and I don't want to waste time keeping track. Eating too much that's not burned by the body gets stored into fat and with bread I'd probably have to eat more to be full.

10-08-07, 03:56 PM (EST)
9. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"

>
>What do you guys think of
>some of the diet advice
>though? I notice they
>have them eating subs and
>bread.
>

I usually tune in too late to catch the trainers' dietary advice. But, I see no problem with the occasional sub, or moderate amounts of bread, providing it's 100% whole grain and minimilly processed. With little, if any sweetener. And no high fructose corn syrup!

>When I
>want to lean up, I
>usually eat more protein, veggies,
>fruit, oatmeal, but don't eat
>too much bread or pasta....
>Some of the bodybuilder friends
>at my gym also mention
>that they really cut down
>on carbs...
>

Oatmeal is condidered, by many, to be a "get in shape" power food. Especially made with non, low or reduced fat milk. If dairy products give you gastro problems, though, I wouldn't suggest subbing soy milk. Have you read the ingredient labels? That stuff's loaded with added sugars.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-09-07, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
I LOVE Scottish Oatmeal (way better than ordinary quick oats or *shudder* instant oatmeal)! I add a tsp of vanilla while it's cooking, and I don't even notice the milk is missing. (My daughter is allergic to dairy and soy.)

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

10-09-07, 01:43 AM (EST)
11. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
I like the Quaker Oats Strawberries and cream.... I just put ice cold water on it.....don't even bother with milk...for some reason that tastes really refreshing to me. I do wonder why Subway and the show market themselves as a diet alternative (unless you get the grilled chicken salad)...eating several subs doesn't really make you lose weight. Also certain subs in there are actually bad for you like Meatball Marinara. I guess Subway is a better alternative then most fast foods....but, I don't see it as a fast way to slim down.

10-09-07, 09:18 AM (EST)
12. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
Subway has the healthier sandwiches delineated as such....don't think Meatball Marinara is on that list.

If done right, you have a good portion of protein, a great selection of veggies, and a whole grain bread....not too bad compared to chicken nuggets and fries.

10-19-07, 05:16 PM (EST)
13. "RE: What is in Jillian's workout regimen?"
I never eat individually packaged instant oatmeal. It's all loaded with sugar. Especially the flavored varieties.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •