The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 5 Oct 9th."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-07, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 5 Oct 9th."
So? Did the red team water up last week? They posted some pretty big numbers this week.

Going on vacation was interesting, but I think it came too soon in their new regimine.

Sorry to see Jim go, but WOW! 123 pounds! He looked great.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. hughsmom 10-10-07 1
   RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. Breezy 10-10-07 2
   RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. jbug 10-10-07 3
   RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. Cyndimaus 10-10-07 19
       RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. Breezy 10-10-07 20
       RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. udg 10-10-07 22
 RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. brvnkrz 10-10-07 4
   RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. Breezy 10-10-07 5
       raises hand brvnkrz 10-10-07 6
           RE: raises hand Breezy 10-10-07 7
               RE: raises hand samboohoo 10-10-07 8
                   RE: raises hand brvnkrz 10-12-07 33
           RE: raises hand MKitty 10-10-07 16
 A Positive samboohoo 10-10-07 9
   RE: A Positive brvnkrz 10-10-07 11
 RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. aquariaqueen 10-10-07 10
   Product Placement samboohoo 10-10-07 12
       RE: Product Placement Snidget 10-10-07 13
           RE: Product Placement samboohoo 10-10-07 15
           RE: Product Placement hughsmom 10-13-07 34
   RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. Breezy 10-10-07 14
 RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. MKitty 10-10-07 17
   RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. samboohoo 10-10-07 18
       RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. Cyndimaus 10-10-07 21
           RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. ZnittyK 10-10-07 23
               RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. Cyndimaus 10-11-07 26
 Is anyone else... mom2bjm 10-10-07 24
   RE: Is anyone else... Snidget 10-11-07 25
   RE: Is anyone else... aquariaqueen 10-11-07 27
   RE: Is anyone else... Cyndimaus 10-11-07 28
       RE: Is anyone else... samboohoo 10-11-07 29
 RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. Magnolia_Rocker 10-11-07 30
   RE: Week 5 Oct 9th. JoeGazillionaire 10-12-07 31
       Sponsors Breezy 10-12-07 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

hughsmom 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-10-07, 06:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hughsmom Click to send private message to hughsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
I think the red teams' bodies finally caught up with them - the built enough muscle finally to show significant losses. It's about time.

I wish the Black Team would have turned the tables on Julie and made her go away. She is such a whiner and complainer. If she doesn't trust anyone, how can she be trusted to be for the team at this point? I hope they wise up and send her conniving butt home next time they go to elimination.

In other threads people have talked about Jillian being such an awesome trainer. Personally, she scares the hell out of me. I would hate her enough to quit. I am a huge fan of Bob - I love his DVD workouts. "Not-Jillian" doesn't bother me - she does get results in spite of her methods being less drill-seargeant than Jillian. That's just my 2-cents.

Jim losing all that weight after the show is awesome. It gives me hope.

ttfn
newbie Linda

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-10-07, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
I agree, they should have voted out Julie. She even gave the perfect reason. She's the smallest, has the least to lose.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
Hi newbie Linda - welcome to the insanity fun that is RTVW!

I too hated to see Jim leave. I'm not sure if it was Julie or Isabeau who was shown making all the faces and @@ during the other team's weigh ins.

Without Jim's higher percentage in weight loss each week, the black team is now likely to lose even more weigh ins. Did they not think of this?

I wonder if it would have worked out when they started the show for the person sent home to have been the one with the least weight loss/percentage. I think it is so unfair for those like Jim to be sent home just because he is a good competitor.
The biggest loser really should be the one who truly loses the most weight/percentage. Not one who uses the best strategy during the game.

SurfKitten Siggie Shop 2007

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-10-07, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
You know, despite the black and blue teams' losing the weigh-in, they both had decent numbers for their weight losses. I am still quite proud of them. I don't think Bob or Jillian has anything to be ashamed of. And they had those numbers despite being out of their normal routine. I'm impressed.

I also wondered about the red team "watering up" last week and if that had anything to do with their numbers this week.

Surfkitten sig shop
Hey! Did you notice NBC used my "not-Jillian" in their promo for next week?!! Okay, so maybe not, but my hubby cracked up seeing it, knowing I've coined that term for the other female trainer, whose name I shall not utter.

10-10-07, 03:56 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
LOL yes I did notice that.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
I totally noticed "not-Jillian" and was going to comment on it, except I forgot.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
I was shocked when they showed him now. He looked like a totally different person. Great for him.
I wish I could lose that kind of weight by going on vacation.
Is Jillian intense or what? I can't tell if she was upset because they were going to have to get rid of someone or if she is just so competitive that she hated to lose. Either way, I love her intensity. It bummed me out that the red team's strategy of "do what you want" worked out. I was hoping that discipline would have won out.

RIP, Bill Walsh

10-10-07, 08:59 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
I think Jillian's look was for both, she didn't want to lose anyone or lose.

I still think the red team watered up last week, and that's why this weeks numbers were so good. Even with them having a drink, which yes... I too had wished it had backfired on them. Come on! That's one of the first things they tell you to cut out when you diet, alcohol.

Raise your hand if you were hoping and praying that not-Jillian would have fallen off that surfboard the red team was carrying.

10-10-07, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "raises hand"
And I agree that watering up last week helped them this week. They just don't seem as disciplined as the other two teams. I feel like Jillian and Bob take their jobs much more seriously. I hate to see people win who don't come across as real competitors. But that's the competitor in me.

RIP, Bill Walsh

10-10-07, 09:16 AM (EST)
7. "RE: raises hand"
I agree, I think both Bob and Jillian were aghast that not-Jillian didn't tell her team to not drink.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: raises hand"
Hmmm, I don't think I need to comment. The two of you summed it up nicely for me already.

Woo Hoo! I love me some Arkie!

10-12-07, 06:06 PM (EST)
33. "RE: raises hand"
Well, I do believe that between the two of us, we actually have a brain.

RIP, Bill Walsh

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-10-07, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: raises hand"
Yeah, I agree. Bob and Jillian take their jobs very seriously and the look on Jillian's face was priceless when she admitted that she didn't tell her team how and what to eat and drink while on vacation. She is very, very differnt from the other two trainers. Bob is very supportive and very nice, but works the blue team hard. Jillian is very harsh and demanding, but also desperately loves her Black Team and takes failure personally. Kim is a totally different animal. She seems to love her team, but she also seems a bit removed from them as well and doesn't seem to connect well with everyone.

However, I am also mindful that we are constantly being shown edits that are not necessarily how the "real" life is there...they edit and make us believe what they want..so who really knows?

*autumnal delight by Agman*

10-10-07, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "A Positive"
Conner (my almost four-year old) has been watching a lot of this with me this year. It has been interesting for me because I have tried to avoid using certain words, etc., while still explaining to him what is going on in a language he understands.

Last night we were watching when B had to go to the hospital, etc. I didn't really say anything. Then, he said to me:

"Mommy, that red man has been eating too much junk. He's been eating too many cookies. I'm all done eating too much junk anymore." I like juicy apples because they make me grow up big and strong.

Of course he's not done , but it was amazing for me to see how much he picked up on it himself. And it's very cute to watch him cheer for each person when they get on the scale, even when they look "sad."

10-10-07, 10:00 AM (EST)
11. "RE: A Positive"
Who knew that Reality TV could be good for the children. But how awesome that he is picking up on these types of things at such an early age. *smooches Boo and Conner*

RIP, Bill Walsh

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-10-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
I still am wondering, too, if the red team watered up.

Anyone noticing how harsh Jillian is starting to look? She may be fit, but she's getting a rather old, harsh, look in her face and her hair is looking rather unhealthy too. Maybe it just needs a good 4 inches taken off.

Kinda surprised that the blue team coach gave them 100 calorie snacks....instead of something a little more healthy...product placement revenue???

10-10-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
12. "Product Placement"
I thought about that as well. But I remember Bob doing the same thing last year with the Jello cups. I think it's unrealistic at this point for them to *always* count on fruit, etc. as a healthy snack. I think this is a good way for them to learn something quick and easy to do.

I've bought these before for that very reason. Idealy, I would rather buy a box of Triscuits or Wheat Thins, etc., and measure myself. But for these people at this point, I just don't think that's realistic. At least this way, if they're going to snack, this is a good route to go.

But I know P&G, Jello, or whoever else makes this stuff is absolutely LOVING this.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Product Placement"
I think the prepackaged 100 calorie snacks can be a good thing when learning portion control. So many things come in a meal size package that looks like it should be a single snack portion that some of the pre-packaged reasonable portion foods (both the snacks and things like Lean Cuisine) can be helpful when starting out.

I use the snack size ziploc bags to make snack size portions of things from a big box as it is cheaper and keeps me out of the just eat from the big container thing that can lead so easily to over-eating.

10-10-07, 10:56 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Product Placement"
I agree.

One of my problems is portion control. And I have been very good about leaving the box/bag in the pantry lately.

I also do this with veggies. I will buy them fresh (carrots, peppers, celery, broccoli, mushrooms) and clean them and cut them and put them into baggies. It's easier for me to gravitate toward those if I don't have to clean them and cut them every single time. The only one that gets me is the cukes. I don't like to store peeled and sliced cukes for too long.

And I also add the veggies to a LC Panini lunch.

hughsmom 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-13-07, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hughsmom Click to send private message to hughsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Product Placement"
I think the 100 calorie snacks are a great idea, because to me they taste horrible!! LOL...I'm serious, though. The several I have tried just didn't do much for me. I'd rather go without a snack that eat those.

10-10-07, 10:50 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
I'm sure it was product placement, the show has to make money to stay on. But also, they were about to get on a plane. 100 calorie packs are an easy thing to bring on a trip with you.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-10-07, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
I too was disappointed to see the Black Team gang up on Jim. I think it is harsh to split the twins...and he was one of their anchors that would help them win weigh ins..so yeah, maybe not the wisest decision. But, good on him for all his hard work, he did look amazing!! Maybe he'll come back and win the other prize for the non-finalist who loses the most weight!

I too wanted Julie to be gone. I hate the scheming that they make them go through...I wish it didn't have that angle as that angle is really so ugly. I agree with Junebug in that maybe the lowest percentage person should be the one to go...not who is a threat or least popular!! That part just drives me crazy...but, I guess that is why people tune in. I tune in to see the success of the players and see how happy they are when they get fit...not for the backstabbing...

*Pumpkin Kitty courtesy of Smokeysmom*

10-10-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
Agree. I actually did think about this last night. Perhaps they could have the two people with the lowest percentages on each team be up for eviction. That way a sandbagger or someone who doesn't work as hard isn't punished.

I still struggle with the whole "game" thing. And I think that gets in the way.

10-10-07, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
I was thinking that this particular show would do better without eliminating anyone. But then that would mean they'd have to totally restructure it. The weigh-ins and teams wouldn't have quite the same meaning without the worry of avoiding elimination. But it seems that there should be some other way to do it. Maybe you keep competing even after you go home but you lose the "advantage" of being there at the campus with the trainers. That way no matter what everyone is still in the running to be the biggest loser at the end but you have the motivation to do well so you can stay longer at the campus.

I don't know. *shrugs*

That and maybe there should be some sort of penalty for "watering up" before a weigh-in.

Surfkitten sig shop

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-10-07, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
Okay first off, am I the only one who caught the irony in next weeks previews. They said that someone goes too far and its not Jillian. People on this site call Kim "not Jillian." So I thought about them identifying her as "not Jillian" but them also saying it just wasn't Jillian who wemt too far.

Anyway, Julie needs to go home. She is sneaky and she turned me off big time. But it is the name of the game. Does anyone else believe that you keep the biggest losers on the show to help you WIN the weigh-ins then when it starts to get real tight, then vote them out? That seems like a better strategy than taking the person who can pull real big numbers most of the time in the beginning of the game. Was anyone else using their brains on this show. Or they were just thinking about keeping themselves her *cough* *cough* Jule?

Congrats to Jim on his weight loss success story!!

10-11-07, 09:46 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
People never use their brains on reality tv! It makes sense to US to keep the big losers around but instead they vote off the one who annoys them. Suck it up and deal with it already! I think people revert back to jr. high/high school when they get on reality tv. I see it on Survivor all the time. Vote out the guy who is annoying but who also happens to be strong and helps you win challenges. He's the first to go. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I did notice the "not-Jillian" reference and I know they were really refering to the fact that it wasn't Jillian who went too far. But I thought it was funny anyway. (I coined the term "not-Jillian" in my summary for last season's episode two because I was really missing Jillian and not liking her replacement)

Surfkitten sig shop

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-10-07, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Is anyone else..."
irritated that they ddddrrraaaggg this out for an hour and a half each week? Will this continue? I thought in previous seasons they got it all done in an hour each week...

And the before and after commercial repeats are driving me nuts!

I'm glad I had the show DVR'ed last night so I could skip the extra baggage!

/rant

I do love the show though.. it's inspiring!

No tricks from Moonbaby, just treats!!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 06:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Is anyone else..."
I think they've done that in previous seasons. One of the reasons I don't watch much any more. If it were one hour I might be able to catch it with the DVR, but that it is in two time periods means I'd have to not record too many other things I also want to watch.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-11-07, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Is anyone else..."
I purposely tape this show....it loses nothing to buzz through so much...especially the weigh-ins. And how many of them go to commercial? About 3 each week. Waste of time.

10-11-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Is anyone else..."
I remember them doing it in the first season. It conflicted with the Amazing Race, which was on Tuesdays (the good ol' days)at the time. I remember having to choose between the two shows (TAR won, of course) and only getting to see a half hour of Biggest Loser or something like that.

I don't mind the extra half hour as long as we get some substance. But the long drawn out weigh-ins do get annoying. I like seeing some of the personal interactions going on. And with three teams this season you actually do need the extra half hour in order to do justice to all three teams. I would guess they'll drop to an hour when we have less people on the show and we go to individual competition.

Surfkitten sig shop

10-11-07, 10:05 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Is anyone else..."
Agree.

I only watch it via Tivo. Mainly in order to fast forward through it, but also becaues it helps me get other things done.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-11-07, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
First of all I was very surprised to see the twins gunning for Isabeau instead of Julie. Secondly I was sad to see that Jim was the mark for the other side until he started giving his reasons for voting off Isabeau. He was the only one to get nasty. Everyone else was so apologetic and gave reasons because the person was a threat, could succeed at home, etc. After that I was glad he was going.

Ghoulishly attired thanks to surfkitten!

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-12-07, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Week 5 Oct 9th."
Watering up can add 5-9 pounds on the scale...so if they did that last week knowing they might get immunity, then it was a good strategy. I'm surprised these guys don't dehydrate hours before the weigh in. Guys on the wresting team used to do that trick to make weight for their competition even though their natural weight is actually 7 pounds more.

I like Jillian's intensity...I guess I just enjoy watching a competitive person. I would go into battle with her any day....she seems like she won't let up and that's why her team has done so well. Her team couldn't have kept up the winning streak anyway because it's harder to keep up that percentage with more members than the other team and also keep posting those weight loss rates. I don't see why people dislike Kim. She kind of reminds me of one of my grade school teachers....she's afraid to fail anyone so she probably doesn't get on them as hard but her team is still losing weight.

I'm surprised by how some of the guys hold their weight a lot better than others....The twins might be as heavy as some of the guys, but when they take off their shirt they actually just look burly and not sagging like some of the other guys. In fact, if the twins didn't get on that scale, I probably wouldn't think they weighed as much as they did.

Bob must be the official endorser for the show....because last week he blatantly endorsed Subway sandwiches (which is healthier than fast food, but I'm not so sure is the best way to lose weight)...and there was also the 24 hour fitness endorsement. What's he going to do next week, the 60 calorie yoplait? Someone here mentioned lean cuisine....there's this line of frozen food dinners called Smart Ones by Weight Watchers that tastes better and has very low fat content....some of the dinners are like 130 calories.

I don't really care about the show after the weigh in.... I think I just enjoy the competition and seeing 3 trainers pitted against each other and their different styles....and also the fact that there's an underdog black team. It's not like Survivor....so it feels weird when they sometimes scheme to vote people off. It's a weight loss/makeover show. I'm waiting for the payoff when these guys come in looking drastically different and happy. I stop caring after I see which trainer/team wins...and just fastforward quickly to see Allison Sweeney talking to the group at the end.

10-12-07, 09:41 AM (EST)
32. "Sponsors"
We have to remember this is a reality TV show. They have sponsors to help with the costs of producing these shows. In Biggest Loser's case ofcourse they have sponsors like Subway, Nabisco, 24 Gym... I don't see it as a big deal. The game play is more disheartening in a show like this, then sponsors.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •