The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 4 10/2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-07, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 4 10/2"
The red team should be ashamed of themselves. 1 pound loss? 2 pound loss? 3 pound loss? Ye gawds!!!! Did they forget what show they are on? It's the BIGGEST Loser, not the smallest. That was unreal. Did they just take it easy because they figured they were immune and then they can have a huge loss next week to win a weigh in? I thought the blue team had every right to be pissed off at them.

So what did ya'll think of week 4? I still want Jillian for my trainer. She's fricking awesome!

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 4 10/2 samboohoo 10-03-07 1
   RE: Week 4 10/2 Breezy 10-03-07 2
       RE: Week 4 10/2 samboohoo 10-03-07 3
   RE: Week 4 10/2 YankeeDixieDoodle 10-03-07 13
       RE: Week 4 10/2 Breezy 10-03-07 16
           RE: Week 4 10/2 samboohoo 10-03-07 18
               RE: Week 4 10/2 aquariaqueen 10-04-07 30
                   RE: Week 4 10/2 samboohoo 10-05-07 37
   RE: Week 4 10/2 brvnkrz 10-03-07 27
 Goal Shirts samboohoo 10-03-07 4
   RE: Goal Shirts Breezy 10-03-07 5
 RE: Week 4 10/2 aquariaqueen 10-03-07 6
   RE: Week 4 10/2 Breezy 10-03-07 7
       RE: Week 4 10/2 samboohoo 10-03-07 10
           RE: Week 4 10/2 Breezy 10-03-07 11
               RE: Week 4 10/2 jbug 10-03-07 24
               RE: Week 4 10/2 brvnkrz 10-03-07 28
 RE: Week 4 10/2 Cyndimaus 10-03-07 8
   RE: Week 4 10/2 samboohoo 10-03-07 9
   RE: Week 4 10/2 aquariaqueen 10-03-07 12
 RE: Week 4 10/2 YankeeDixieDoodle 10-03-07 14
   RE: Week 4 10/2 samboohoo 10-03-07 19
       RE: Week 4 10/2 YankeeDixieDoodle 10-04-07 32
 RE: Week 4 10/2 YankeeDixieDoodle 10-03-07 15
   RE: Week 4 10/2 aquariaqueen 10-03-07 17
   RE: Week 4 10/2 Cyndimaus 10-03-07 20
 RE: Week 4 10/2 SilverStar 10-03-07 21
   RE: Week 4 10/2 Breezy 10-03-07 22
       RE: Week 4 10/2 ZnittyK 10-03-07 23
       RE: Week 4 10/2 Cyndimaus 10-03-07 26
           RE: Week 4 10/2 YankeeDixieDoodle 10-04-07 34
       RE: Week 4 10/2 YankeeDixieDoodle 10-04-07 33
           RE: Week 4 10/2 Cyndimaus 10-04-07 35
           RE: Week 4 10/2 Breezy 10-05-07 36
               RE: Week 4 10/2 YankeeDixieDoodle 10-08-07 44
 RE: Week 4 10/2 MKitty 10-03-07 25
   RE: Week 4 10/2 JoeGazillionaire 10-04-07 29
       RE: Week 4 10/2 JoeGazillionaire 10-04-07 31
       RE: Week 4 10/2 flystorms 10-05-07 38
           RE: Week 4 10/2 JoeGazillionaire 10-06-07 39
               RE: Week 4 10/2 aquariaqueen 10-06-07 40
                   RE: Week 4 10/2 JoeGazillionaire 10-06-07 41
                       RE: Week 4 10/2 Snidget 10-06-07 42
                           RE: Week 4 10/2 JoeGazillionaire 10-06-07 43

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I agree. As Bob said, it was pathetic. I really don't care for Amy on the Red Team. I'm okay with the others. I do think Phil is probably the hardest worker and the most dedicated. I think he will get screwed over by the other three.

Poor Bob. And poor Patti. I thought of all of the people on that team, she could have benefited the most from being there with Bob and with a group. I think she has such a beautiful face. And I'm glad that she didn't give up when she got home. I knew she was a goner when Bob was working with her on that bike. So sad.

And yep, I agree about Jillian. Love, love, love her. I like all of the Black Team. And I hope Holli has a big week next week.

I did get tricked somewhat from the lead-in to the commercials. I thought there was going to be a tie, and Black and Red would decide it.

I also thought and think that Bob should have made his team do the challenge anyway. That would have been so awesome.

And I so wanted one of those cupcakes.

Woo Hoo! I love me some Arkie!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-03-07, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I agree about Phil and that will suck.

The lead in was pretty tricky.

OK, so next week are they going on a cruise again? Isn't that what they did last year? They left the campus and went somewhere.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

10-03-07, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I can't remember if the cruise was in the same episode. I remember that they had to go to the beach to train. And they had that challenge that the Red Team won when they had to reach the flag.

I think they will have to train and possibly live on the beach, which should work to Black Team's advantage training-wise.

Yay for Isabeau. I would have fallen right off of that treadmill at 10 or 12 mph.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-03-07, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Patti's loudest whine about getting eliminated? All the "distractions" at home. Sounds like an excuse to me. Anyway, it wouldn't matter how long she stayed in the competition, she'd eventually have to contend with her "distractions". When it gets down to the last four or five contestants, these "finalists" are sent home for several months to continue the program on their own. Until the finale. Where a final weigh-in determines the winner. During this phase, Patti would be dealing with "distractions". And, unless she gets a handle on it, probably regaining the weight she lost at the BL Campus.

10-03-07, 12:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
To be fair, she has three kids. That's a lot of distractions. I don't blame her at all for wishing she could stay longer without the distractions of home. She was gone for 4 weeks. Was that long enough for her to change her habits and be able to work through her distractions? *shrug* Every week longer that a person stays in the BL campus would help enforce those good habits.

10-03-07, 01:24 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I agree. And her children looked pretty close in age. I have one child and had him four years ago. I still haven't lost that weight. I've gained. And he keeps me active.

One of the things I find is that I finish things for him. I also eat more snacks with him. How do I resist when he brings me a cookie because he thought I might get hungry or a Hershey's Kiss because he loves me.

I think the Campus was good for her because she could focus on herself. I can see very well from my one husband and my one child how I get distracted. I can't imagine 3.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-04-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Week 4 10/2"

>One of the things I find
>is that I finish things
>for him. I also
>eat more snacks with him.
> How do I resist
>when he brings me a
>cookie because he thought I
>might get hungry or a
>Hershey's Kiss because he loves
>me.
Can I suggest giving him smaller portions so that if he wants more, he has to ask for more? That way, you don't have to finish anything.

Resist the Hershey's kisses and cookies by not buying them. Substitute them with mini carrots or dehydrated bananas and something healthy.

I have two children of my own and have in home child care....it's much easier if those things aren't in the house. And it's better for the kids too.

10-05-07, 08:44 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Believe me, we don't live in a house full of junk. It comes from other places. Unfortunately my prior in-home daycare lady started him on the chocolate.

I also don't want to totally eliminate it - we just need to focus on moderation.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I'm with you, Boo. I think it's too bad that Patty was the one who went home and was so proud of her that she continued the weight loss at home. She really is a pretty girl and I'm glad she is staying the course.

RIP, Bill Walsh

10-03-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
4. "Goal Shirts"
I LOVED these.

Breezy: We'll be talking about these tomorrow.

10-03-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Goal Shirts"
They were great.

Really? *squeal*

10-03-07, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Best show ever to watch after being taped.

Red, what a shame, the only credit you get is doing the competition.

Blue, have you all given up as well?

That Black team rocks....but with Jillian, how could they not. I thought she was hard on Isabeau, but it worked. She's there all the time, I just see what the editors feed us.

Nope, I don't crumble for cupcakes. Some rich dark chocolate fudge, most probably!!!!

10-03-07, 10:31 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Isbeau is really young, I think Jillian had to be hard on her. I loved how proud she was later when she was able to say "I was running at a 12 minute mile.".

10-03-07, 10:48 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I got choked up when she said that. And when Patty was saying "I'm worth it."

10-03-07, 10:59 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Yep, I wiped away a tear when Patty yelled that final "I'm worth it".

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Patty reminds me of one of my neices (who went to one of the auditions but didn't make it). She has a beautiful face and a beautiful spirit and she IS worth it.

SurfKitten Siggie Shop 2007

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I got a little teared up as well. That could also be because I was picturing you saying those words to me for different reasons. *smooches Breezy*

RIP, Bill Walsh

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-03-07, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Yeah, what was up with the red team's weight loss. Or should I say LACK of weight loss. The only thing is, they didn't know they had immunity till they got there. Maybe in their speculations about their prize they got too focused on the fact that it MIGHT be immunity. They may have won the challenge but they really deserved to be in the elimination room. Their weight loss was almost non-existent compared to the blue and black teams. And their cockiness at the weigh-in was annoying.

So do you think there is any correlation between Hollie's attitude and her lower numbers at the weigh-in? She seemed to be the one struggling with attitude the most at the challenge. Interesting to think about.

Also, I think that immunity for the whole team was too big of a reward for a challenge. It would have been better to have it be getting to choose one person on another team to have their weight exluded from their team's total. It really wasn't a fair reward and affectd the game too greatly.

It will be interesting to see how the teams do at the beach (that is where I think they'll be based on the brief preview of next week). And I agree that Jillian's team should have a bit of an advantage just because the conditions will be similar to how they began their training.

Surfkitten sig shop

10-03-07, 10:47 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I think Holli is going to have a big week next week. I hope so. I like her. And after Julie's breakthrough, I think Holli can and will do the same.

I agree about immunity for the whole team. That was complete BSs. The challenge was hard, but not that that hard for that reward. Maybe if the trainers had not been involved. Maybe.

10-03-07, 11:31 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
>Also, I think that immunity for
>the whole team was too
>big of a reward for
>a challenge. It would have
>been better to have it
>be getting to choose one
>person on another team to
>have their weight exluded from
>their team's total. It really
>wasn't a fair reward and
>affectd the game too greatly.

I agree wholeheartedly. Also, I don't like the keeping of the secret. It always makes me suspicious that they can choose what the reward will be according to whom wins.
Realistically, I probably know that can't happen, but I still have my suspicions.

10-03-07, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Immunity was the only thing that saved the Red Team from their third loss in four weeks. Had they not "earned" immunity by "winning" that silly flag challenge, they'd be down to three members.
And, their grand total weight loss of nine measly pounds? I can't chalk it up to immunity at the weigh-in. Ms Sweeney didn't announce that until the weigh-in.
The teams did know that whoever won the flag challenge would receive immunity. But, even if the Red Team was banking on immunity from the weigh-in, they only had a day's notice.
But, they had all week to diet and work out. I suspect they cheated on their diets. And, slacked off on the workouts. I think, if they'd really made an effort, earlier in the week, they could've skipped that final workout. And, made a better showing at the weigh-in.

10-03-07, 01:26 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
They did not know about immunity. Allison told them it was big, so big that she couldn't tell them anymore. They said at the weigh-in that they suspected it was immunity.

10-04-07, 06:44 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
That's my point. Even if they suspected it was immunity from the weigh-in, they probably only had one remaining workout. Which wouldn't make up for a week of insufficient effort.

10-03-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
My thoughts on week 4?
Other than that immunity was the Red Team's sole salvation from losing the weigh-in a third time in four weeks?
I think the Blue Team is paying through the nose for eliminating Jerry last week. Had they eliminated Patti instead last week, they'd still have Jerry to help them win the flag challenge. And immunity from the weigh-in.

10-03-07, 12:47 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Good point!!

10-03-07, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
You know, you're right about Jerry. Not only would he have been a good runner but also a good motivator with a positive attitude. Still, I was glad to see them have a good amount of weight loss this week.

Surfkitten sig shop

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I don't think the red team should be ashamed of themselves. They still lost weight. They didn't gain, and that is always a good thing. I hope they come back next week with better numbers, because I know how frustrating it can be to do the work and not see the results. I wonder if Kim needs to mix up their diets or exercise routines or something.

10-03-07, 04:06 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Sorry, I do. They made it on to this show instead of how many of thousands that tried out? You can lose one pound just by going to the bathroom! Maybe if they had seemed more upset about their low numbers, I wouldn't be so harsh. But it didn't appear to me that any of them were that upset.

There's rumors on the BL NBC board that they knew they had immunity and they all watered up for the weigh in. *sigh* That makes me so sad. I enjoyed this show much much more when there was less "game" play.

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-03-07, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-07 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-03-07 AT 04:21 PM (EST)

I, like everyone else got pissed off. Isn't this a weight loss show? This is a game but its becoming more of a game than a weight loss show. Look at the numbers of the red team? Come on now, thats a total cheat. People not losing any weight and the entire team getting immunity. WTF is that? I can see if their numbers were big, but the blue team went to the elimination room when in actuality they weren't supposed to. I can't stand to see the site of Kim's face. Urrgghh, I'm starting to dislike her even more now.

Breezy, if that was thase I have to go to the site tonight, because the game is changing so I would like to know what the deal is with next week. They always keeping us in the closet lol. I remember the cruise last season too.

I think everyone is forgetting (especially the red team) why they are there? But Kim has always been more competitve than actually caring about the success of the team members. I saw that from last season. Crying like a lil whimp lol when you supposed to be strong for your team. Gee wiz. I understand that Bob and Jillian is competitive but they also work on making psychological changes with their team mates.

Oh and them Cupcakes looked so delicious.

10-03-07, 05:46 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Well, if they did fill up with water beforehand I hope it backfires on them! I really do care about each person individually and I want them all to be successful in their weight-loss but I do not care for the red team as a whole. (and I really don't like not-Jillian)

Surfkitten sig shop

10-04-07, 07:03 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I doubt it was water! Probably food. And, lots of it!

10-04-07, 07:01 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-07 AT 07:01 PM (EST)

>Sorry, I do. They made
>it on to this show
>instead of how many of
>thousands that tried out?
>You can lose one pound
>just by going to the
>bathroom! Maybe if they
>had seemed more upset about
>their low numbers, I wouldn't
>be so harsh. But
>it didn't appear to me
>that any of them were
>that upset.

>

I guess they didn't care since the weigh-in didn't count against them.
>
>
There's rumors on the BL NBC
>board that they knew they
>had immunity and they all
>watered up for the weigh in...

>

Weren't they doing the challenge for immunity? And, what could they be immune from, but the weigh-in, that late in the week. I'll bet the celebrated with food. And, lots of it. They could've gone to a buffet joint and eaten everything in sight without worrying about the weigh-in

10-04-07, 07:16 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
They were just told the prize was big but not what it was.

Surfkitten sig shop

]

10-05-07, 08:39 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Well they should care, this is a weightloss competition/program. Above all they were picked to be on this show to lose weight.

The challenge was not for immunity, it was reward but they were told they wouldn't find out what it is until the weigh in. In the past that normally meant they got to add 10 lbs or something to their total weight loss, not full immunity.

10-08-07, 03:36 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
What gets me is this. Why, if they didn't know until the last minute, that their prize was immunity from the weigh-in, did they lose so little weight that week? It doesn't reflect well on them. Or their trainer. And, what if the prize was adding another ten pounds. The resulting "19 pound" weight loss would've left them in last place. Reducing them to three members.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-03-07, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Great episode! I too was shocked by the lame losses from Red, and was ecstatic about how well the Black Team did. As everyone else has said..JILLIAN ROCKS!!

I did also feel bad for Blue...as they shouldn't have had to be there..but they did bail on the challenge..so maybe they will think next time before taking the easy way out.

I too was thinking maybe they would go on a cruise again... or maybe sent home for a week? They made it sound like it was something they had never done before, so maybe it will be going somewhere else..who knows?

Go Team Black!!

*Pumpkin Kitty courtesy of Smokeysmom*

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-04-07, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I think the Red Team might be hitting what they call the "Plateau effect." I don't doubt that they are working hard...but, they might be doing the same routine and their body has gotten used to it, so the body adjusts and doesn't lose as much weight. I read this study that said that people that ran an hour at a steady pace lost less weight than ones that ran at less time, but did it more intensely and mixed up the routine so the body never gets used to any set pattern. Jilian seems to constantly have different exercises that shock her crew's bodies. They're not just on the treadmill. She has them kickboxing...running up and down the beach, carrying her, doing some sort of tug of war. It's a well known fact that fat burns muscle (even when you're at rest for the rest of the day) and she must be giving them exercises that builds muscles. I would really like for her to be my trainer, especially during the busy times of the year. I'm worth it!

I was kind of disappointed that Patti didn't get to complete her journey. I too thought she had a nice pretty face and would hav liked to see how she looks when she's down to 120-135 pounds.... by the way, just as a question for the fans that have watched all the seasons---what has been Jillian's and the other two trainer's win/loss record?

10-04-07, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
By the way, I didn't find the cupcakes enticing at all.....in fact, all the food they show on that show kind of grosses me out. Somehow, the stuff they show on Survivor looks really good.... but the ones for this show just look like greasy junk food that I'd never touch with a 10 foot pole anyway. It was funny looking at the trainers to see how frightened they were of ingesting those cupcakes....they were probably thinking 550 calories 25 grams of fat..would need to run 5 miles to work it off.

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-05-07, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-07 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

I agree with you JoeGaz...the other teams really hit their plateau last week with low numbers, and this week Kim's team hit it.

It seems in seasons past that the teams would hit their plateaus around the same time, especially when it was just Jillian and the dude (totally brain dumping on his name right now). Now that Kim is added into the mix we really get to see how the different training approaches make for different results.

In layman's terms, in this sort of an intense program, the body goes into sort of a state of shock the first few weeks as it tries to catch up with all the new exercise and food changes. Once it figures out what's happening to it, it stablizes temporarily, then as the exerises change and intensify, the cycle continues.

Bob (that's his name!) alluded to this phenomena in the 3rd episode, I believe, in that he expected a plateau that week.

10-06-07, 00:50 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
>LAST EDITED ON 10-05-07
>AT 04:06 PM (EST)

>
>I agree with you JoeGaz...the other
>teams really hit their plateau
>last week with low numbers,
>and this week Kim's team
>hit it.
>
>It seems in seasons past that
>the teams would hit their
>plateaus around the same time,
>especially when it was just
>Jillian and the dude (totally
>brain dumping on his name
>right now). Now that
>Kim is added into the
>mix we really get to
>see how the different training
>approaches make for different results.
>
>
>In layman's terms, in this sort
>of an intense program, the
>body goes into sort of
>a state of shock the
>first few weeks as it
>tries to catch up with
>all the new exercise and
>food changes. Once it
>figures out what's happening to
>it, it stablizes temporarily, then
>as the exerises change and
>intensify, the cycle continues.
>
>Bob (that's his name!) alluded to
>this phenomena in the 3rd
>episode, I believe, in that
>he expected a plateau that
>week.

Totally! We must be reading the same books. Have you read this book called the Abs Diet? Well, it explained what you articulated that the body gets in a state of shock and spends the rest of the time trying to catch up...but it then stabilizes. I read an example of a guy running 10 miles a day, but not losing any way because he did it so steady that his body was used to it. The way to get around that is to circuit train and do different exercises every day so the body never fully gets used to it. Also, she has more exercises where they build muscle...since muscle burns fat around the clock even when people are at rest, that's probably how she has such good results.

This show had me so motivated that I started working out twice a day and doing 11 miles on the treadmill....something about it makes me feel guilty, put away the desert and head towards the gym.

10-06-07, 09:36 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
...since
>muscle burns fat around the
>clock even when people are
>at rest,

Muscle burns fat?????

10-06-07, 05:49 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
Yes. When the body repairs and maintains muscle it burns the fat, even when you're at rest. All the bodybuilding books and diet books like "Abs Diet" suggest working on the big muscles like legs, shoulders, chest to burn fat in the stomach and thighs....it also sends this hormone (I don't remember the name....but it's really good for you) so it burns fat even when you're resting....

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-07, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
I don't think there is anything specific about muscle that makes it turn to stored fat vs any other available energy source. (food you just ate or glycogen)

However, muscle cells take more calories to maintain (both when active and when at rest) than fat storage cells. If you build lean muscle mass the number of calories you need per day can go up even if all you did that day was sit on the couch. If you need more calories than you eat you will pull that out of storage (fat cells).

It is the reason most weight loss programs include building muscle mass rather than just burning off calories with aerobic activity.

10-06-07, 07:10 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Week 4 10/2"
It also triggers hormones in your body and kicks your metabolism into hyperdrive burning that fat...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •