The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sept 11th Week One"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-07, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sept 11th Week One"
Well? What did you all think?

Do you have a favorite yet?

If I were to have a personal trainer, I would want Jillian. *grin*

The scene with the tables full of food was gross!

How the heck did Grandpa lose 31 pounds the first week?
I feel bad for Amber, but her attitude was horrible. Just horrible!

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sept 11th Week One jbug 09-12-07 1
   RE: Sept 11th Week One KeithFan 09-12-07 19
 RE: Sept 11th Week One slw1 09-12-07 2
   RE: Sept 11th Week One samboohoo 09-12-07 4
       RE: Sept 11th Week One Breezy 09-12-07 12
   RE: Sept 11th Week One Magnolia_Rocker 09-12-07 5
       Thanks! Breezy 09-12-07 9
           RE: Thanks! Snidget 09-12-07 13
               RE: Thanks! Breezy 09-12-07 14
                   RE: Thanks! Snidget 09-12-07 15
                       RE: Thanks! SilverStar 09-12-07 21
                           RE: Thanks! Snidget 09-12-07 22
       RE: Sept 11th Week One slw1 09-12-07 16
       RE: Sept 11th Week One blacknwhitedog 09-13-07 31
           Sooooo? Breezy 09-13-07 33
               RE: Sooooo? thehawk 09-13-07 35
           RE: Sept 11th Week One Cyndimaus 09-13-07 34
 RE: Sept 11th Week One samboohoo 09-12-07 3
   RE: Sept 11th Week One catsnotkids 09-12-07 6
   Gah! Breezy 09-12-07 10
       RE: Gah! samboohoo 09-12-07 18
           RE: Gah! blacknwhitedog 09-13-07 32
 RE: Sept 11th Week One Cyndimaus 09-12-07 7
   RE: Sept 11th Week One samboohoo 09-12-07 8
       RE: Sept 11th Week One Cyndimaus 09-12-07 26
   RE: Sept 11th Week One Breezy 09-12-07 11
       RE: Sept 11th Week One samboohoo 09-12-07 17
 RE: Sept 11th Week One SilverStar 09-12-07 20
   RE: Sept 11th Week One samboohoo 09-12-07 23
       RE: Sept 11th Week One Magnolia_Rocker 09-12-07 25
       RE: Sept 11th Week One udg 09-13-07 28
   RE: Sept 11th Week One YankeeDixieDoodle 09-13-07 36
 RE: Sept 11th Week One MKitty 09-12-07 24
   RE: Sept 11th Week One ZnittyK 09-12-07 27
       RE: Sept 11th Week One Breezy 09-13-07 29
           RE: Sept 11th Week One YankeeDixieDoodle 09-14-07 38
       RE: Sept 11th Week One Cyndimaus 09-13-07 30
 RE: Sept 11th Week One faithful1982 09-13-07 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
~~~~waving to Breezy~~~~

I have to root for David. My neice went to Nashville for the auditions and met him while standing in line. She says he is a hoot - kept everyone entertained all the while they were waiting. I hope he has time for some of his humor on the show - tho we didn't get to see it last nite. He lost pretty good for the first week, so GO DAVID!

Grandpa is my next pick - how DID he lose so much?

Crusin w/ Tribe

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
Looks to me like he is all stomach; that's going to come off way faster than fat stored in the rear or thighs. This type of fat (visceral fat) burns off the quickest but is a lot more dangerous to your health than fat stored elsewhere. When I see a old guy with skinny legs and a pot belly I don't even need to ask if he has diabetes and/or heart disease.

slw1 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-12-07, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail slw1 Click to send private message to slw1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
I would love to know the starting weights of Jillian's team. My dial-up won't give me more than 3 seconds of the video on NBC. Would someone be kind enough to post their weights?

I was amazed at "Grandpa" weight loss too. I know it's much tougher to lose weight as you get older. Plus those that are very heavy usually lose the most at the beginning.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
I don't think they showed the starting weights. If they did, I missed it too.

Woo Hoo! I love me some Arkie!

09-12-07, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
They said to check the video online, lucky for us Mags did so and reported in. *grin*

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-12-07, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-07 AT 10:11 AM (EST)

Here are the Black Team's beginning weights:

Jez - 345 lbs
Hollie - 255 lbs
Bill - 334 lbs
Julie - 218 lbs
Jim - 361 lbs
Isabeau - 298 lbs

This is my first season to watch and I think I'm hooked. Damn you reality TV!!! *shakes fist*

A Sharnina Creation

09-12-07, 11:23 AM (EST)
9. "Thanks!"
I was hoping someone would watch the online video and report back to us.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Thanks!"
I'm home sick and was thinking of watching the show this afternoon.

I'll record the weights as it goes along.

*sneeze, hack, cough*
*sprays lysol*

09-12-07, 11:39 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Thanks!"
You can rest, Mags already posted the black team's weights.

09-12-07, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Thanks!"
Was that the only team that got weighed?

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Thanks!"
The Blue and Red teams were weighed in on the actual show. To know the Black teams weights, you had to go online and watch a video clip.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

09-12-07, 01:41 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Thanks!"
That? is obnoxious!

slw1 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-12-07, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slw1 Click to send private message to slw1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
Thanks so much for posting these. It seems like they're almost all heavier than the last seasons. I get inspired to keep up with my weight loss regimen by watching this show.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
Bill Germanakos works for our company. His is one of the twin brothers on the black team. Although he is not a "financial planner" as listed he is in marketing.

here is a quote from our company website

"Bill, a resident of Lynbrook, New York, along with his twin brother Jim, a police officer from Massapequa, New York, was chosen to be a contestant on the fourth season of the popular show, where 18 contestants compete to see who can lose the most weight. The show provides the hopeful participants with challenges, temptations, weigh-ins and eliminations until a final contestant remains to claim the title of “the biggest loser,” as well as a $250,000 prize.

The series has become a worldwide hit, airing in over 35 territories and 15 countries. But attaining worldwide recognition was not Bill’s motivation for being on the show. In fact, he is not even a fan of reality television. Since joining ___ more than two years ago, Bill has gained insights into “healthy lifestyles” through our lifestyle-focused employee program that encourages employees to improve their health through exercise, weight loss, proper nutrition and smoking cessation. He even obtained a pedometer through the program to track his exercise progress. At 334 pounds, Bill saw the TV show as another potential opportunity for him to get healthy.

“I have two daughters, ages 13 and 7, and a son who is 10,” Bill said. “I want to enjoy seeing them grow up. I knew that if I wanted to walk my daughters down the aisle at their weddings some day in the future, I would need to get healthy.”

Tune in tonight to see Bill embark on his personal quest for better health. We hope to follow his progress! "

Syren 2007

09-13-07, 02:09 PM (EST)
33. "Sooooo?"
How does he look now?

thehawk 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-13-07, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thehawk Click to send private message to thehawk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Sooooo?"
He looks amazing - you couldn't even tell it was him - i saw him at a prty they threw when he came home

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-07, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
That's cool. Do you know him or is he in a totally different place in the company?

sig courtesy of Cygnus

09-12-07, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-07 AT 10:09 AM (EST)

Woooooo Hoooooooooo, I loved it. I didn't get home until after 9 and watched the whole thing.

I loved Jilian. Loved her. I didn't watch the first two seasons, so I didn't know her. I think that Bob is probably may favorite though.

Grandpa is my favorite. I said, "watch him only lose 6." I was stunned. And I was impressed and shocked at the girl before him.

ETA: I'm not sure about the host yet. I only see Allison as "Sami Brady." And sometimes last night I felt like she was in "acting" mode. We'll see.

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-12-07, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
I also love Jilian and would choose her of the three as my own trainer.

Grandpa was great. Great attitude, great weight-loss, great all-around.

The jury is still out for me on Allison as well. Too much Days of Our Lives watching in my youth, I guess. Although, I did not like the old host (Carolyn Rheas?) AT ALL. She was *almost* as bad as the woman who hosts DWTS... and that's pretty bad. Allison did a decent job, hopefully she'll improve with more experience.

09-12-07, 11:23 AM (EST)
10. "Gah!"
So it's wasn't just me with Sami?

09-12-07, 12:39 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Gah!"
Nope, I kept looking for her to do some scheming as well.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Gah!"
When will Stephano be sabatoging the weigh in scale or something?

Syren 2007

09-12-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
What a great start! I love the fact that there is a secret team training with Jillian. I would totally want to have her as my trainer, although Bob would be okay. I really don't think I'd want "not-Jillian" for my trainer.

Having the trainers there for the weigh-in was new and I think I like that. Builds more unity with their team, I think. Loved watching the blue team weigh in and then see "not-Jillian's" face as the last two weighed in with big losses. Time to pick her jaw up off the floor!

I also like the fact that "grandpa" is not only holding his own but kicking everyone's butt! He won the race to the trainers and then posts the biggest single weight loss in the history of the show...all as the oldest Loser ever.

I agree with the assessment of Sami....I mean Allison. Hard to see her as a host. And she always looks so young so it's weird to see her giving instructions and encouragement and such. I'm sure I'll get used to her as the season goes on.

Can't wait to see the black team make their appearance! I hope they've done well with weight loss.

What did you think of the campus instead of the ranch? None of the Losers voiced much about it.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

09-12-07, 10:50 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
I'm worried that people may see Gerry as a threat and vote him off early. Let's hope not.

No big deal for me with the campus. I hardly noticed.

09-12-07, 07:39 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
Yeah, I never really cared that they were in fancy ranch house in previous seasons. And who needs a fancy place to stay when you're working out so hard and changing your eating habits drastically? Just a good bed and a good kitchen.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

09-12-07, 11:25 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
That was GREAT during the weigh-in watching not-Jillian's face.

09-12-07, 12:38 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
Yep, I was thinking like Bob. I said, "she needs to lose 10 to give them a chance." I was blown away.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-07 AT 01:39 PM (EST)

Man, I was bawling my eyes out last night. Everyone's stories always get to me.

I do not like the Lezlye (or whatever stupid spelling she used. The Katrina victim.) A lot of her comments last night really bugged me. I was hoping that she would be sent home instead of Amber. I understand them sending Amber home, because nobody wants a quitter on their team, but I think she really needed the help. But then again, maybe not, because she had done great on her own at home after being cut. 65 pounds lost, way to go!

I think Isabeau (what is up with these names??) is also going to be a problem. "How could they not choose ME?!?"

Grandpa really surprised me (and everyone else it seems). He kicked butt!

Oh, and I would want Bob as my trainer. He is the nicest. If I had Kim or Jillian yelling at me all the time, I would be crying too hard to work out. But, I'm a crybaby like that.

ETA- I thought the new host was a vast improvement over Caroline Rhea. I've never watched DouL, so I didn't know her from anything else. I thought she did a good job.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

09-12-07, 02:47 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
I too thought that Amber could use the help because she was an obvious quitter. But you are right, she did great at home. Yay!

And I'm not wild about Lezlye either. And I don't want Katrina to be a factor.

I don't get the spellings either. Isabeau? <------ WTF?

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-12-07, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
Guess her parents were punishing her for being a girl instead of a boy? beau as opposed to belle?

A Sharnina Creation

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
I actually know someone named Isabeau.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-13-07, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-07 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-14-07 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

Jerry's my favorite, so far. Reaching the trainers first suggests that he's the fittest of the contestants. And, usually, the fitter a person is, the faster his metabolism is, which probably explains his astounding weight loss. Right before he weighed in, those young whipper-snappers on the Red Team really bugged me with their age-ist comments about his ability to lose weight. Once he'd weighed, I said, "in your faces, kiddos!" I'm a 55-year-old woman and, despite my menopausal condition, it's amazingly easy for me to lose weight, too.
Lezlye, I suspect, will continue using "Miss Katrina" to excuse her obesity and garner sympathy. Get over it, already, and embrace the golden opportunity you've been given. Many others were turned down so you could be a TBL contestant. Don't waste this opportunity by whining. It doesn't burn calories. If it did, most of last year's contestants, especially on Kim's team would've lost at least 100 pounds the first week.
Kicking Amber out made sense. She was "weighing" her team down. The heaviest woman there, had she really been trying, Amber, IMO, would've lost more than 7 pounds. She ought-weighed Kae, who lost almost three times the weight (20 pounds),by 70 pounds. And, she straggled so far behind everyone else, in their "race" to reach Bob and Kim, that they had to go after her. I'm surprised Phil asked her to be on his team. Anyway, she kept whining about how "hard" the workouts were. And, "wanting" to go home. Be careful what you whine for, girl.
I do wonder, though, was it really fair to hold the first elimination while Jill's team was being kept secret from Bob and Kim's? Maybe, had all three teams participated in the first weigh-in, Jill's would've lost, with Kim's coming in second.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-12-07, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
*waves* hi Biggest Loser fans...here we are..back for another season!

I am excited about three teams this season. I can't wait to see what happens with the "outcast" group coming to the campus. I felt bad for this season's contestants..as the ranch was so beautiful and I thought they also deserved the beautiful ranch to hang out in after their punishing workouts.

I am so happy to Jillian back. Man..she is a hard-azz..but I do love her. Somebody mentioned Kim's pointy ears in another thread..and damn..now all I see is Kim as a Vulcan!! LOL...

If I had to pick my trainer, it would be Bob all the way. He pushes, but is not as scary as Jillian. I do love Jillian, but she scares the carp out of me!!

So, yes, I am very happy that a new season is starting. So happy for Grandpa as well as the woman on the blue team who lost all the weight (not goo with the names yet!)

Go Biggest Losers!!

*Sandcastles courtesy of Agman*

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-12-07, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
They had me on the edge of my seat last night. Yes I admit it. I was really thinking they were going to reveal the "secret" black team. Of course it couldn't be that soon. Too good to be true. Oh well.

Seems like Kim is somewhat intimidated by Jillian, just judging by the previews of next week.

Can someone let me know something. Everyone knows how for most people the first initial weight loss is the biggest because its mostly water and all that other stuff. But doesn't the black team get a leg up on the blue and red team since they didn't weigh in in the first week? Wouldn't that count towards next weeks weigh in. I'm sorry if I am not explaining my question correctly. I guess what I am trying to say is wouldn't that add up from the week that they didn't weigh in so they would start at their starting weight but they would use the second week as their first weigh in week instead of the first like the other teams? I was just wondering since they didn't weigh in with the other teams at first. I know that they did their starting weights and we are able to access them online but I am talking about the weeks that they lost weight.

09-13-07, 07:50 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
They may have had a weigh in after one week, that we won't see until next week. Maybe?

Or will it matter? Now I'm thinking they do total percentage weight loss, not just the weeks. hmmmmm Someone refresh my memory.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-14-07, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-07 AT 04:24 PM (EST)

They said, if we want to see the Black Team's weigh-ins, visit NBC's website. I just did, and, if this is their only TBL link, http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/contestants/current_cast/, while the Red and Blue teams' weight loss is provided, the Black team's isn't. Only their individual profiles, so far.

09-13-07, 09:53 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
I'm guessing they just didn't show us their weigh-in so we'd be surprised at their weight-loss when they meet up with the other teams. Gotta keep the suspense in there somehow!

sig courtesy of Cygnus

faithful1982 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-13-07, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail faithful1982 Click to send private message to faithful1982 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Sept 11th Week One"
wow! This season sounds interesting. I am curious to find out when the black team will re-emerge. Jullian is awesome I wish she never left the show. I am glad she is back. My favorite is the old timer that lost 31 pounds in one week...I would like to have his metabolism.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •