The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 3 September 25"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

hughsmom 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-26-07, 06:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hughsmom Click to send private message to hughsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 3 September 25"
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie, but I've been lurking for a while on other boards. Am a huge BL fan

I am so disappointed that Blue Team voted of my favorite player. Silly fools. And he looked awesome at the end! He's a HOT grandpa now.

I wonder about the low numbers with the players now, too. I know that if I work hard and eat right I can lose 2-3 pounds in a week. These guys are BUSTING it and only dropping 3 pounds? Sure wish I had the inside scoop on what is different this season. I guess smaller numbers may lead to more permanent weightloss over the long term.

Sounds like a major twist coming next week.

linda
a.k.a. hughsmom

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 3 September 25 Breezy 09-26-07 1
 RE: Week 3 September 25 FishWoman 09-26-07 2
   RE: Week 3 September 25 Breezy 09-26-07 4
       RE: Week 3 September 25 samboohoo 09-26-07 6
           RE: Week 3 September 25 Breezy 09-26-07 9
 RE: Week 3 September 25 samboohoo 09-26-07 3
   RE: Week 3 September 25 Breezy 09-26-07 5
       RE: Week 3 September 25 samboohoo 09-26-07 7
 RE: Week 3 September 25 Cyndimaus 09-26-07 8
 RE: Week 3 September 25 MKitty 09-26-07 10
 RE: Week 3 September 25 MTW1961 09-26-07 11
   RE: Week 3 September 25 Breezy 09-26-07 13
 Jerry - The Biggest Sorest L... newsomewayne 09-26-07 12
   RE: Jerry - The Biggest Sore... Magnolia_Rocker 09-27-07 17
       RE: Jerry - The Biggest Sore... SilverStar 09-28-07 23
 RE: Week 3 September 25 jbug 09-26-07 14
 RE: Week 3 September 25 ZnittyK 09-26-07 15
   RE: Week 3 September 25 Cyndimaus 09-27-07 19
 RE: Week 3 September 25 Puffy 09-27-07 16
   RE: Week 3 September 25 Olympia Binewski 09-27-07 22
 RE: Week 3 September 25 aquariaqueen 09-27-07 18
   RE: Week 3 September 25 Cyndimaus 09-27-07 20
   No muscle Breezy 10-02-07 25
       RE: No muscle YankeeDixieDoodle 10-04-07 26
 RE: Week 3 September 25 YankeeDixieDoodle 09-27-07 21
 RE: Week 3 September 25 ZnittyK 09-29-07 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-07, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
Welcome to the boards!

I too was very very sad to see Jerry go. Holy cow did he look hot in his how did he do afterwards! 88 lbs lost, great job Jerry!

I really do not get the small losses this year. Are they not drinking enough water? Is the diet not the same as previous years?

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-26-07, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
I totally spaced on watching last night - they voted off Jerry?!? Well it is good to hear he did well at home.

I like the idea of the show, but the pacing is too slow. I get too irritated when I watch.

makin' plates for 8 1/3 to 12

09-26-07, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
I agree with the three teams this year, the pacing is way too slow. Not sure how much longer they'll be able to hold viewers for two whole hours.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
Looks like an 8:30 starting time for next week. Maybe it's only 90 minutes.

Woo Hoo! I love me some Arkie!

09-26-07, 10:41 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
That should help some, but I don't like having it up against House. I love House.

09-26-07, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
Welcome!

I didn't see the first hour due to work. I wish I hadn't seen the second. I was so sad to see Jerry go.

Not sure about the numbers. I expected Jerry to level off a little bit because of the first week. Perhaps next week we'll see bigger numbers. *shrugs*

09-26-07, 09:40 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
Seems to be our Mantra this season, "maybe next week we'll see big numbers".

09-26-07, 10:15 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
Seems to be my personal mantra as well.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-26-07, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
I know we usually have a time of smaller numbers but I don't think it's been this wide-spread and for so long. Hopefully these guys will see their numbers go up.

I was bummed that Gerry went home. I liked him and he seemed to be still doing well. I think everyone felt threatened by him, whether they gave that as a reason or not. But I was so glad to see him do well at home. He was looking good. 88 pounds!! Way to go!

Despite my dislike of "not-Jillian" I was glad to see the red team see some success at the weigh-in. And they were great to not give in at the temptation.

I was surprised we didn't see Jillian talking to her team about the temptation. Must have been boring tv. Because I remember a couple of them eating the food and doing jumping jacks and such while they were eating. (made me laugh)

Surfkitten sig shop

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-26-07, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
Welcome Hughsmom,

Yes, I too am confused by such low numbers given that they work out for hours and hours each day and are , I presume, only having access to healthy food in their fridge (I could be wrong in this assumption)

I was disappointed that the blue team voted off their leader, but in the end, he really showed them...didn't he?

I was also a little happy that Red didn't lose AGAIN...as they really couldn't afford to lose another player!

I am really curious about what the twist will be next week. And yes, glad that is won't be two hours as that is a big block of time for the one show. I had to tape the new episode of House whle Biggest Loser was on..and watched it immediately aftewards..and then had to tape Boston Legal while watching House! Thank gawd for my DVR!! I hate when three of my favourite shows are all on at the same time (or overlapping!)

*autumnal delight by Agman*

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-26-07, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
I seem to remember from seasons past that it's pretty typical to have a low number week early on - either week 2 or 3. They typically lose big numbers the first week, maybe 2, and then rebound with low numbers. In fact, a few times, contestants have actually GAINED weight, thought it's been rare.

Why did they pick Jerry? I didn't see much about that selection process. Do you think it was a "political" thing where he didn't develop a strong alliance with other team memebers?

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

09-26-07, 03:41 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
But they keep having low weight loss weeks. If you look on last weeks thread, we even pulled up last years week two to see if they all had low weight loss. Only one person did.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Jerry - The Biggest Sorest Loser"
I liked Jerry and was glad to see him do well after going home, but could he have been a more sore loser in getting voted out. I don't understand why they picked him, but they did and he goes into his snit about loyalty and respect. Baloney, Jerry. Just because you got to pick the team, does that mean they have to carry you till the individual portion of the competition. No. Sorry, but 'loyalty' is not required for 'the guy who ran downhill faster than the rest of us'.

surfkitten siggie shop 2007

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-27-07, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jerry - The Biggest Sorest Loser"
I totally agree Wayne. I really liked Jerry but was seriously turned off by his sore loser attitude. I am glad he did so well at home though.

surfkitten made my autumn leaves fall!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-07, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Jerry - The Biggest Sorest Loser"
Yup, I'm with you guys. What bothered me most was his "I used to think a Blue team member might win, but not anymore because you're voting me off" speech. Like he was so far superior and there was no way that they were going to survive without him. Get over yourself, Jerry! How about acting like an adult and wishing the rest of your team well on their journey? For being the oldest person there, he sure did act like a child. I'm even wondering if it was his attitude that got him voted off, not because he was the biggest threat.

One word: GOTHMOG!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
How did I forget this was on? I completely spaced out & missed it.
Guess I'm going to have to print up some kind of tv schedule - i can no longer remember which nite is what.
Anyone remember how David did?

Oh, and Hi Linda. Glad you de-lurked. Have fun!

SurfKitten Siggie Shop 2007

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-26-07, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
Hey everyone. The Blue Team just fell a part yesterday. I don't know what the deal is with them. I was also upset when they voted Jerry off the show. Without him they would not have been on the show but hey somebody has got to go and Jerry was the threat. I find it very ironic how the oldest person there somehow was the biggest threat. At first everyone was probably thinking, okay this guy is old so he's not a big deal and he probably won't lose weight at all. They were so wrong. I was very shocked when I saw him after losing 88lbs. I was blown away. Not because of his age but I was just blown away in general. I actually saw some decent results. They underestimated him.

The Black Team just seemed careless this week including Jillian. Last week she seemed more concern with their entrace into the house than actually keeping them in the house. But they were safe.

The Red Team was the only team that stuck together this week. I really don't like Kim aka "pointy ears" aka "not-jillian" They were very focused and that is what its about. They didn't give into the temptation (can someone tell me why would you eat a pizza and do jumping jacks and jump around at the same time like its going to help? LMAO!!!!). I knew they were going to win. It was just too predictable that they weren't going to leave the Red Team with 3 players while everyother team had 6 players.

The weight loss has been very slow but I guess we would just have to keep watching. I'm sure everyone was dissappointed to see such small numbers (the black and blue teams) after all the hard work they have put in. I would feel the same way.

09-27-07, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
Regarding the pizza, it wouldn't be much of a temptation to me cold. Now if it had been hot with that tempting smell I may have been more likely to give in. But with cold pizza there would have been other things in that room to tempt me. (I know some people love cold pizza)

Surfkitten sig shop

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
They should have voted off Nicole who ate 1900 calories when she was supposed to let Neil eat the food. I think Jerry must have had a lot of water and salt before he started on the show. That's why he lost 41 lbs in the first 2 weeks!

©Snidget Creations, 2007

Olympia Binewski 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-27-07, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Olympia%20Binewski Click to send private message to Olympia%20Binewski Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
I think they would have voted her out, but IIRC she had immunity for being the biggest loser for the week.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-27-07, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
First of all, since it's two hours and on while House is on, I tape it, and buzz through a lot of nonsense. Geez, I wish Big Brother or Survivor was 2 hours!

Secondly, Jerry being voted off really upsets me....they made a big mistake!!!

Thirdly, low numbers. I attribute it to two things: the body trying to preserve itself...plateau-ing. And the building of muscle mass that was never there. Muscle is heavier than fat.
As they tone and the muscle increases at a slower rate, the fat will start coming off...

Fourth, the frustration of the gal eating all those calories....they had a plan. Stick with it. She thought Nick gave her a sign that he didn't accomplish it. Well, stick with the plan. Then the monkey would have been on his back, and not on hers. She lucked out losing the most weight and not getting voted out. I took his expression as being one to confuse the other team.

And personally, the 3 pound pass wasn't worth it. Can't believe they strategized to earn it.

09-27-07, 09:56 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
I agree that 3 pounds isn't worth it. Why are you there in the first place? The red team had it right. They are there to lose weight. That is more important than winning. I know they were worried about losing the weigh-in, but I don't think it was worth it. (they lost anyway-oh the irony!)

Surfkitten sig shop

10-02-07, 08:55 AM (EST)
25. "No muscle"
I thought about that too this weekend. It seems like this year's contestants are quite a bit bigger. So maybe they have no muscle tone at all and until they build some, they won't burn fat as fast?

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-04-07, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: No muscle"
Building muscle will burn fat. And, "slim" a person down. But, they'll lose inches faster than they'll lose pounds. Building muscle adds pounds. Since a pound of muscle is much smaller than a pound of fat. And, looks much better!

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-27-07, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
The initial weight loss, which was substantial, was probably mostly water weight. That's what usually comes off first.

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-29-07, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Week 3 September 25"
I hate cold pizza LOL. But I think they should have voted her off too but she had immunity. I'm also starting to think that she knew the plan and she knew that Neil did what he did. She just wanted a reason to eat that food. See how hyped up she was about eating the food (as an excuse because of the temptation. Her grin when she was walking back. Please.

You guys are right, the 3lbs isn't worth it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •