The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-05-07, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
Okay, so I am sucker for reunion shows, and this one did have a few highlights (a proposal, etc.) but I thought it was a pile of "doo-doo" to only feature the former contestants that were now personal trainers and such. Yes, it is great that some of them changed their lives completely and now became personal trainers or motivational speakers, but notice they didn't feature almost any of the former contestants who were still living their regular lives? What about Kelly Min?

Notice they barely showed Matt and what i did see..boy..he looked like he had packed back on quite a few pounds (like at least 50). I would give Suzy a break since she just had a baby...but I was curious about who they chose to show and who they didn't. Now, I am not trying to be judgemental here..as I am the queen of losing and regaining, but I thought it was kind of misrepresentative to only show the super-success stories oft those people who were now dedicating their entire lives to fitness, rather than the regular people who still had their regular jobs and were struggling to keep it down while working and taking care of a family. I think it was entirely skewed...just my opinion.

Can't wait until next week when the next season officially starts!! Welcome back Jillian!!! (and I love the look of her black team of misfits!)

*furrified by Agman*

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did they keep the Weight Off ep... jbug 09-05-07 1
   RE: Did they keep the Weight Off ep... YankeeDixieDoodle 09-05-07 2
       RE: Did they keep the Weight Off ep... MKitty 09-05-07 4
 RE: Did they keep the Weight Off ep... Sahara 09-05-07 3
   RE: Did they keep the Weight Off ep... MKitty 09-05-07 5
       RE: Did they keep the Weight Off ep... Sahara 09-06-07 7
 RE: Did they keep the Weight Off ep... Sues 09-05-07 6
   RE: Did they keep the Weight Off ep... YankeeDixieDoodle 09-06-07 8
 RE: Did they keep the Weight Off ep... SilverStar 09-07-07 9
   RE: Did they keep the Weight Off ep... samboohoo 09-08-07 10
       Which one was Amy? Breezy 09-11-07 12
           RE: Which one was Amy? SilverStar 09-12-07 13
               RE: Which one was Amy? samboohoo 09-12-07 14
 RE: Did they keep the Weight Off ep... ZnittyK 09-09-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-05-07, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
I caught part of the reunion, and yes, I sorta thought the same as you. Even those that they did have there; they showed their weight at the beginning of the season they were on and then their current weight. However, they did not note the weight they were at the end of the season they were on. So my question was did they gain any of it back after their season was over?

I missed some of the introductions of this years 'losers to be'. My niece met one of the guys at an audition (she went but didn't get chosen).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-05-07, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
For two or three former contestants, all men, their starting, previous, and current, weights were shown. Apparently, they kept off most, but not all, of their weight. For the other men, and all of the women, only their atarting, and current, weights were shown. Suggesting, that they were less successful in keeping off their weight. I think last night's show was skewed to make the TBL look more effective. That's why I wasn't surprized to see so few former contestants. I suspect that many of the others probably were less successful in keeping their weight off. And, that some may have gained most, if not all, of it back.

09-05-07, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
LOL..yes, I totally notice that they didn't say what their end weight was at the ranch versus what their weight was NOW.

I managed to barely catch last season's winner's weight as they showed it for a nanosecond, as compared to his weight now..and he had definately gained about 35plus pounds...but, in my opinion, he was too skinny at the final weigh in when he won anyway so looked better now!

*Sandcastles courtesy of Agman*

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-05-07, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
I agree, mkitty, I felt it was skewed also. I wondered if perhaps some did not agree to come back because maybe they did not keep the weight off and were embarrassed. Remember the woman season before last, it seems like maybe her name was Katherine, and she did not go to the finale because she had already gained every bit of her weight back?

I missed the end of the show for a phone call, and I didn't really care, so I guess it didn't do a whole lot for me, either.

Oh, and...well...you have some competition for Queenship in the losing/regaining department! (At least I am good at SOMETHING.)

AF 2006

09-05-07, 06:10 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
We are yo-yo royalty

*summer cuteness by Sharnina*

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-06-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
We've got yo, man!

(not to be confused with Survivor's Yao Man)

AF 2006

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-05-07, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
well, I guess I'm the geek here...I enjoyed it! I would have liked to see some of the not so successful stories as that is real life, but I don't mind a 'feel good' show now and then. As to Matt's weight gain...it's not unusual for the 'Dad' to gain weight too...just hope they both get back on the treadmill and take care of themselves.

I'm looking forward to the season...I love to see folks fight the weight battle with old fashioned exercise and healthy eating....

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-06-07, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
That's the only safe and effective way to get, and keep the weight off. Would you believe someone actually asked a fitness columnist which supplement he would recommend for getting in shape really fast? The columnist said that "magic pill" didn't exist. That cardio, strength training, eating the right food, and drinking adequate water were necessary for getting in shape. And, that caffeinated drinks were no substitute for water. That they were, in fact, diuretics that dehydrate the body, causing muscle loss and fat gain. Which is probably why I recently read that many obese people are seriously dehydrated. In restaurants, I see them ordering Coke, Pepsi, and tea. A few refills, and they've probably drunk at least a quart. And, if it isn't diet or unsweet, there's all that sugar and, even worse, high fructose corn syrup which can wreak havoc on their triclycerides.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-07, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
I missed the show, but my mom said that there was another TBL couple (aside from Matt/Suzy) Who proposed to who? She couldn't remember their names.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-07, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
Marty and Amy. They were very cute. I had read about it in People (that they were dating), so I wasn't surprised.

Woo Hoo! I love me some Arkie!

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-07, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Which one was Amy?"
I loved Marty.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Which one was Amy?"

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Which one was Amy?"
I loved Marty and Amy. And I think Amy is just so beautiful.

Woo Hoo! I love me some Arkie!

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-09-07, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Did they keep the Weight Off episode- Sept.4th"
If you go based on the pounds, mostly no one was the same everyone gained a few pounds back. If you go by fitness. Wiley and Marty and Drea and a few others were pretty fit. But it was obvious that Eric gained some weight back. He didn't gain everything back but I was expecting to see him look the way he looked during the finale. He looks more like he did before the finale. When everyone was going back home from the ranch. Gaining a bit is better than gaining all. I was interested in seeing Kai too. Seems like everyone made a career switch. Well everyone who was on the show.

I also have a recording of the last episode I thought about doing the math between the two but whatever. I don't have THAT much time on my hands.

Matt was gaining weight since I can't remember. They were on a couple of shows and Matt was packing it on big time.

Overall, it was a bummer. I didn't enjoy it either. It just seemed very boring. Can't wait for Jillian, thats my girl! I would like to see "pointy-ears" Kim and Jillian go at it being that they are both women trainers. Yea and Bob too but being that there are two female trainers now.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •