The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Matt and Andrea"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-16-05, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Matt and Andrea"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-05 AT 10:05 AM (EST)

Last night as well as last weeks episode has begun to show a new side to Mat, at least in my opinion. Last week Matt decided to gain weight (a whole 12 pounds) so that he could have a bigger amount of weight loss this week. Fortunately, for Matt he was not only able to lose the 12 pounds he gained but lose an additional 14 pounds along with it totaling in a 26 pound loss. I for one was quite shocked. I know that people of bigger size can lose an extreme amount of weight in a short amount of time, but at this point in the game it seems a bit shady, in my opinion at least. I know that Matt being a wrestler in his younger days accesses him to knowledge on how to gain and lose weight in small amounts of time and from my knowledge this practice is usually unhealthy, which makes me question if Matt is doing the same. I think it would be in the best interest in the "spirit" of the show and for Matt if someone backtracks and monitors how this man was able to lose such a big amount of weight in a week at this point in the game.

My other observation during last night's episode had to do with Andrea. I don't know if I just haven't paid attention or if it's due to editing but it seems that Andrea barely breaks a sweat during the workouts. It was pointed out that Andrea broke down to a temptation in the house and ate 9 brownies, which was very disappointing considering she has talked on and on about how her time will come in this game and that she's not to be under-estimated. This leaves me to wonder, especially considering her weight loss has been minimal, if Andrea has been eating various temptations around the house and it has just been brought to the viewers attention to fit in with the whole Bob speech of not being concerned about her. I honestly think that this woman needs to straighten up or get out because at the rate she is going the weight she loses won't matter because she will gain it all back when she gets home. I know strategy wise it's smart for the other players to keep her in the game but it almost seems such a waste. Especially when people who are doing what it takes to earn their place in the game and are making an extreme effort go before Andrea.

I would also like to say that doctor Jeff looked great, he has obviously stuck to his plan on becoming a healthier person and it's great to see these people each week who have been ousted to keep up the incredible work. I know in this day in reality t.v. it's all about competitions because in the midst of the competing usually encourages confrontations and tension which makes for good t.v. but since this is all pretty minimum on this show it would be nice to see the rules change a bit. I think it would be great for no one to be ousted and I think it would be more interesting to see how people react. I think that maybe some of these people would be ten times more motivated to put in all their effort and more if they couldn't rely on the biggest loser at the time getting voted off. I don't know if this is exactly the best plan but the idea at least interest my curiousity.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Matt and Andrea Cyndimaus 11-16-05 1
   RE: Matt and Andrea trudy 11-17-05 3
 RE: Matt and Andrea shortcakes2005 11-17-05 2
 RE: Matt and Andrea Boonies 11-20-05 4
   RE: Matt and Andrea leianawd 11-21-05 5
       RE: Matt and Andrea Boonies 11-21-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-16-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Matt and Andrea"
While we have no way of knowing for sure, I don't believe that Andrea has been consistently cheating on her diet. I think she ate the brownies after the weigh-in because she was down about being up for elimination. While her weight loss has been low since she's been on the ranch it could just be the way her body and metabolism work. And the other ladies have had lower weight loss too, except for the occasional double-digit loss. The trainers spend a lot of time with them so they seem to have a pretty good bead on where they're at and Bob seemed pretty confident in her, despite her slip-up with the brownies. I would agree with you that the only reason she is still in the game is for strategy. Obviously everyone held Jeff in high regard and the only reason he was voted out was purely game-play.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-17-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trudy Click to send private message to trudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Matt and Andrea"
I believe Andrea ate the brownies BEFORE the weigh in during her hotel visit with her husband. Somehow I feel her husband feels a little threatened by her staying on the show and losing weight, maybe he helped talk her into it, who knows?

I had no problem with Matt's strategy, hey, it's a competition. Why shouldn't he want to actually win? He wasn't mean to anybody, he didn't lie to anybody, he didn't do anything that would affect anyone but himself. Let's face it - these people would be saints if they were on any other reality competition show, lol.

shortcakes2005 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-17-05, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shortcakes2005 Click to send private message to shortcakes2005 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Matt and Andrea"
I think matt drank alot of water last week right before weigh in wouldn't that show false weight gain. but i agree i don't like any of them left if they weredecent they keep dr jeff. i no longer like matt. but still like him better than seth.

Boonies 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-05, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boonies Click to send private message to Boonies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Matt and Andrea"
I don't like Andrea at all. Wasn't she the one who befriended all the guys from the start. That was good manipulation to butter them up so she'd last longer than the others. I can't believe she has continued to stay and they let the doctor go. She is disgusting eating those 9 brownies and the reason she fessed up was because she lost only a few pounds and wanted us all to know that was why. She doesn't deserve to stay, no less win this game. She is so full of herself, when in fact I think she's very unattractive. Those eyebrows gotta go. I am hoping she's next to go.

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-05, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Matt and Andrea"
I think it was Jen who had befriended the men earlier in the game. I just don't think that Andrea takes this challenge as serious as the others, she always seems eager to eat the food during the temptation challenges. I think the only time she actually stepped up the game a bit was during the last challenge when she stayed on that thing. I just hope she works harder, she has everything she needs to get through this experience and gain new health so why she isn't taking full advantage is not something I can understand.

Boonies 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-05, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boonies Click to send private message to Boonies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Matt and Andrea"
I agree. Andrea has to GO!!!!! NOW!!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •