The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season Five, Episode One"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Desperate Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-28-08, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season Five, Episode One"
It had better get better than this.

I hate Gaby having kids and being frumpy. Would never happen.

Susan, I can see wallowing in grief, but I don't really want to watch it.

Lynette - only one I liked watching because they are still the same.

Bree - her storyline is going to have to get more interesting.

Edie and Hubby - I'm pretty sure he is probably the husband/dad of the woman/child that died in the carwreck. Too obvious to be a good storyline. Would be better if I'm wrong.

*sigh I was disappointed.

Tricked and Treated by the Agster 2008

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season Five, Episode One Snidget 09-29-08 1
 RE: Season Five, Episode One Bebo 09-29-08 2
   RE: Season Five, Episode One iatovttotx78 09-29-08 3
       RE: Season Five, Episode One Bebo 09-29-08 4
           RE: Season Five, Episode One Snidget 09-29-08 5
               RE: Season Five, Episode One samboohoo 09-29-08 8
   RE: Season Five, Episode One byoffer 09-29-08 6
       RE: Season Five, Episode One Ahtumbreez 09-29-08 7
 Edie's Husband samboohoo 09-29-08 9
 RE: Season Five, Episode One Jay1205 09-30-08 10
   RE: Season Five, Episode One riverrocker 09-30-08 11
 RE: Season Five, Episode One realityfreek 09-30-08 12
 RE: Season Five, Episode One lilly4life 10-14-08 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-08, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
I didn't mind the frumpy Gaby, because I've seen it happen to people. However I thought she couldn't have kids so I'm wondering what miracle occurred (or if my memory is that bad).

I did like her trying to trick the kid into running and the kid's reaction to it.

Not sure I like the harder Susan, but I can see her going there.

Lynette, hoping the tough love story line pans out. I liked Dad finally getting tough.

Bree and Kathryn feud is boring me already.

Edie, glad I'm not the only one that thought he must be the hubby or related to the woman/kid from the accident. I kinda hope it is something else as something that obvious as a mystery is no fun for me.

"Indecision 2008: The Long Flat Seemingly Endless Bataan Death March to The White House" (April 23, 2008) --Jon Stewart

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-08, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
They had to give Gaby somewhere to go, and it could be interesting to watch her go there.

Totally credible reason to break up Susan and Mike. Given the happy ending they had been left with, something like that to break them up instead of the old affair/misunderstanding thing.

Hope Dana Delany won't be wasted like that in future episodes - she deserves and brings so much more.

There's a lot to build on here, so there is potential. Maybe I've just missed DH so much (and don't have many other guilty pleasures to enjoy), so I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

It was the tuba. Know your brass.

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-29-08, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
well, I thought that was the dumbest reason for two people to break-up. But I guess if I were in Mike's shoes I wouldn't want to listen to her whine either.

I've been Sliced

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-08, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
Exactly. It WAS stupid. But married couples who love each other do break up because they handle tragedies stupidly. That made more sense to me than some contrived affair or silly misunderstanding. This is a situation where two characters who love it each can't make it work.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-08, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
Agree.

That "I'm over it, why aren't you over it" type of dynamic over a tragedy breaks up a lot of married couples. Add in a difficulty with forgiving either oneself or one's partner and the resentment can quickly build to a breaking point.

It may seem silly but a lot of couples do not survive in the aftermath of something like this.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-08, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
Agree with both of you.

Bravie is my favorite.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-08, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
It was the tuba. Know your brass.

This literally had DW spewing her tea. My son plays trombone, and she loves to mock him (to me) about that. She laughed about the "cool kid playing trombone in the school band" comment from Lynette.

But when Tom corrected her about it being tuba, DW completely lost it, literally spewing her tea back into the mug. Did I mention that I played tuba way back when? And DW loves mocking me even more than mocking my DS.

Overall I agree that the show wasn't great. The Gabby/fat kid stuff seemed forced, as did the Bree/Katherine exchanges, and I haven't enjoyed Susan's part in a LONG time. My future as a watcher will depend on this thing getting better!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-08, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
That's hilarious byoff. You're wife must have enjoyed the episode last night very much!

Tricked and Treated by the Agster 2008

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-08, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Edie's Husband"
How does he relate to all of them?

Mike/Orson:

It looks like he served some time in prison. We know that both Mike and Orson have been in prison. Orson, the former prison dentist and now him having served other time.

Susan:

He could be the widower of the woman Susan killed with the car - or the woman who died from the accident involving Susan and Mike.

Gabby:

Could be one of two things. It could relate to the Justine Bateman character or it could relate to Victor.

Bree:

I don't really see anything yet, other than possible Orson or maybe Andrew or Daniel. Not sure about her kids.

Lynette:

Her kids? That fella she had the affair with?

McCluskie:

Could it be something about her? Or what about her neighbor who died?

Katherine:

Something to do with her ex husband?

The last scene shows him looking down the block. Lynette's green house is clearly in his view. Gabby's house is down there, as well as McCluskie's.

Bravie is my favorite.

Jay1205 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-30-08, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jay1205 Click to send private message to Jay1205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
I'm interested to know how Bree played it out to her friends when Danielle came back to take her baby.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-30-08, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
Yes! My question exactly. This may be forthcoming in a future episode, but how in the world would Bree, who so carefully kept the whole thing from her friends, have EVER explained her daughter showing up and taking the baby? That was an oversight that has left me going, "Huh? How? Hmm."

realityfreek 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-30-08, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityfreek Click to send private message to realityfreek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
I hope this isnt considered a spoiler. I dont think it is I read it in TV Guide. So if it is I am so sorry please dont kill the messenger! LOL

TV Guide says that Mrs. McCluskey will be in the thick of the mystery. She and Dave(Edies hubby) are going to enter into a very interesting relationship...he has something against her and she becomes suspicious of him.

So am curious to see what it turns out to be. I love her so I am glad she gets a front running story line.

lilly4life 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-14-08, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lilly4life Click to send private message to lilly4life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season Five, Episode One"
I do not like how they have it five years later. It seemed like I was watching a completely different show. I do not like Gabby being frumpy and having kids either. Her whole charachter is different.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •