The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season Finale?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Desperate Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aussiemama 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-18-08, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aussiemama Click to send private message to Aussiemama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season Finale?"
Did anyone watch? Any comments? I don't want to say anything until the West Coast has caught up.....I really enjoyed it.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season Finale? riverrocker 05-18-08 1
 RE: Season Finale? KwietOne 05-19-08 2
 RE: Season Finale? samboohoo 05-19-08 3
   RE: Season Finale? bdemoney 05-19-08 4
       RE: Season Finale? KwietOne 05-19-08 5
       RE: Season Finale? samboohoo 05-19-08 6
           RE: Season Finale? Dizwiz 05-19-08 7
               RE: Season Finale? samboohoo 05-19-08 8
       RE: Season Finale? riverrocker 05-19-08 9
 RE: Season Finale? SenecaTurtle 05-20-08 10
   RE: Season Finale? bdemoney 05-20-08 11
       RE: Season Finale? SenecaTurtle 05-21-08 12
           RE: Season Finale? Ahtumbreez 05-25-08 13
 RE: Season Finale? geekboy 05-27-08 14
   RE: Season Finale? SenecaTurtle 06-02-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-18-08, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season Finale?"
Some surprises, but I'd read most of the spoilers, and they were fairly accurate.

Disappointed in a couple of things.......but won't say more until the West Coast folks have seen it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-19-08, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season Finale?"
West coaster over here - just finished watching.

What happened to Mike in 5 years? I also noticed I didn't see Carlos in 5 years either. Gabbie has 2 daughters? LOL Is DH going to exist in 5 years?

I was overcome with emotion after Kathryn confessed what happened with their real daughter. How sad!

I also loved that one scene where Tom and Lynette were counselling the gay couple where Tom stood by his convictions. I was expecting Lynette to jump Tom right there, but all we get is a peck?

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-08, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season Finale?"
I only saw the first hour. But I am okay with spoliers, so someone tell me please.

What happened with Katherine's real daughter. I knew when Wayne started watching the movies that that's what the deal was. Everything fell into place - the grave, Dylan not remembering things, etc.

I heard something about a fast forward. Not sure how I'm going to like that.

Tribe is pushing up my daisies!

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-19-08, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season Finale?"
Samboo, We were shown last night that Kathryn's real daughter Dylan died by trying to climb a cabinet to get to a doll her dad had given her. The cabinet fell on top of her (causing the deep mark left in the floor...that has been foreshadowed as being significant for a while now) and she died. So they (Kathryn and her mom) buried her in the backyard and told no one. Afterwards Kathryn ended up at an orphanage and found a girl that looked remarkably like Dylan. She adopted her and the girl was young enough to not remember much from before Kathryn adopted her. Although in this final episode it seems Kathryn may have finally told the girl the truth, that she is not her real daughter.

On a different note....does anyone care to speculate on the last segment...five years from now. It shows Andrew doing well, and Bree being interviewed by a women from the NY Times. No real changes in the Scavo household...but Gabby having two kids was funny to see...and I wonder what happens to Mike and Susan...and who is the new man they show her with?

awesome sig pic created by syren

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-19-08, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season Finale?"
I was relieved Tom finally figured out Kayla was lying all this time; the manipulation especially by a young girl. She seriously had issues. I really thought Tom would have committed her to some asylum.

I was also shocked at the sudden death of Justine Bateman's character. I would have thought maybe her character could have a bit more screen time.

I don't think the real Dylan was buried in the backyard. There was a previous episode where Kathryn went to some wooded area marking her daughter's grave with rocks. It's still sad.

05-19-08, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season Finale?"
It sounds like the real Dylan's death was an accident. Why all the secrecy?

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-19-08, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season Finale?"
Because just before it happened, she had told her ex that she would do ANYTHING to keep him away from Dylan. She knew he'd pin it on her as a murder.

05-19-08, 08:18 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Season Finale?"
Just saw it. Makes sense.

Not sure I like this five years later thing.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-19-08, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season Finale?"
>On a different note....does anyone care
>to speculate on the last
>segment...five years from now.

I've read every spoiler site I could find. Looks like they are going to do a "Lost"-type flashback system to fill in viewers when the new season starts. Ugh. That's why we stopped watching "Lost."

Anyway, we liked what it showed about Bree & Andrew, and apparently Orson is still around. As for the Scavos, no surprises. As for Susan, several sites had info that "one of the housewives would get a new husband;" I'm sure we'll have several flashbacks showing what happened to Mike.

But for me, personally, I just hated the image they portrayed of Gabby. As for the two kids, great idea......but it looked as if the writers made them worse than the Scavo crew. Just my opinion, but the stereotyping that was flashed on the screen of the two made me more than a little ill.

We may or may not watch in the fall.

SenecaTurtle 63 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-08, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season Finale?"
Both DD and I commented that we don't think we are going like the whole jumping ahead 5 years scenario. I think that may prove to be a bad decision for the show. We also noted that Carlos was not in the picture either, but apparently Katherine is sticking around to replace Edie. We don't want Susan with that other goofy looking guy, we want Mike. It will be interesting to see how they approach this next season.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-20-08, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season Finale?"
I agree that I am not eager for the show to magically flash forward five years. I am also not excited about the chance that Mike, Carlos and Edie may no longer be regulars on the show. Although I suppose if they show flashbacks, they will still be around for the flashback scenes.

It may mean losing a lot of the show's audience if the five years later thing doesn't catch on quickly...

awesome sig pic created by syren

05-21-08, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season Finale?"
I'm hoping the episodes will consist mainly of flashbacks to show us how things progressed to the 5 years later status and not actually start the season 5 years later. If so, I agree they could lose a lot of the audience if they do.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season Finale?"
I am going to hate the 5 years later thing. Ugh.

Agman took me to the islands

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-27-08, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Season Finale?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-08 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-27-08 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

I have to say I loved the finale...up until the last 5 minutes. They wrapped up all the storylines quite well, but what is with the '5 years later' preview?

I really can't say that I would like this show skipping forward 5 years. What has been great about it is a set of season-long storylines which made this one of the few good 'serial' shows out there along side "Lost". I hope they can this plan.

And where was Edie in the finale? Is she off the show now for good? I can't say I'd shed a tear of she was.

geekboy

PS: Edited to add: Looks like the ending is next season's twist.

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

06-02-08, 10:41 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Season Finale?"
So, I guess we are starting 5 years later. I feel sorry for the kids, too! James Denton better be coming back in some capacity! I hope Marc Cherry knows what he is doing.

I found this part of the article interesting...

Cherry plans to close out the series after seven seasons and says two of the lead actresses intend to leave with him in 2011.

"I don't think (ABC) would be so foolhardy as to continue the show without Marc Cherry and two of the main actresses," he says. "I feel like it's my baby. I brought it to them, and I want to leave while the fans still care about us. I've seen too many long-running hits go on past the point where anyone cared."

With this new twist, fans could stop caring long before 2011. I hope not. I guess I'll just reserve judgment until the fall.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •