The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lost meets Survivor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-10, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lost meets Survivor"
I laughed seeing Jeff snuffing Sayid's torch as an alternate ending during Kimmel's show but I had always tried to picture the characters of Lost as players on Survivor. Now that the series is over here's what I came up with:

- Jack = Hatch. He was the leader of the tribe and he did everything for them even if his methods irritated many. In the end, he understood the game better than anyone else.

- Sawyer = Boston Rob. The bad boy thought mostly of himself at first but he did help the tribe a lot with his unique skills. He always had something funny to say.

- Kate = Amanda. She went all the way to the end, always looking good but she didn’t have much substance.

- Locke, as John = Penner. Always having something to say about what was happening. He tried to lead but wasn’t really successful. He sacrificed himself so the good guys could win.

- Locke as Smokey = Hantz. Nothing mattered to him except getting to the end, no matter who got hurt along the way.

- Sayid = Silas. He was bad on the outside but good on the inside.

- Hurley = Bob. Everyone loved him and he was the last one standing even if he didn’t have an idea what was going on most of the time. His fake idol saved him.

- Ben = Yau Man. An expectedly smart guy who had many hidden facets.

- Claire = Elizabeth. Everyone’s sweetheart became crazy in the end.

- Rose = Vecepia. She just wanted to stay out of the drama and she outlasted everyone on the island.

- Bernard = Rodger. Just a plain good guy.

- Desmond = Dr. Sean. He was unaware of what was going on around him but he was the key.

- Shannon = Sarah. She was only concerned about herself for the most part.

- Danielle Rousseau = Kathleen. She couldn’t reach her daughter and, spending so much time on exile island, she became more than a little crazy.

- Mr Eko = Peter. A philosopher who wasn’t understood. He left too early.

- Paulo and Nikki = Mikey B and Mary who? They came, they played, they left.

- Ilana = Liliana. Weakest edit ever.

- Zoe = Zoe. Unexpectedly, she seemed to be an important character in the end but she never was.

I didn't cover everyone and some are shaky at best so do you have any thoughts?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lost meets Survivor warp_core breach 05-25-10 1
   RE: Lost meets Survivor Chez 05-25-10 2
       RE: Lost meets Survivor michel 05-25-10 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-25-10, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lost meets Survivor"
Yes, the Survivor thing was hilarious especially the Sayid confessional - "...Jeff @#$% Probst!"

I have only watched Survivor off and on for the past few years. I did watch Heroes and Villains though and so this show is still fresh in my mind. I can only come up with a couple though:

Ben = RussHell - Master manipulator. Would do questionable things but you still kept him around. Would do just plain bad things and not only did you keep him around, you did what he wanted.

Kate = Parvati - Hottie and very capable of kicking a$$. Can manipulate when necessary.

A Gift from Agman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-25-10, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lost meets Survivor"
This is a fun idea!

Michel - I like most of yours, but I agree with warp that Ben is better portrayed as Hantz. He's just too evil to be sweet Yau Man!

Jack - How about as Jeff Probst? Confidence has gradually grown over the years and he is finally at the top of his game and everyone listens to him.

I'll have to think about this a bit more.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-25-10, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lost meets Survivor"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-10 AT 07:10 PM (EST)

Notice that it's harder to categorize the more complex characters! Nikki and Paulo are a cinch!

We can all see them differently and it would only make it more fun but, to explain my choices:

Ben was very well liked by the people in his alliance. YM wasn't liked by all, Mookie was always laughing at him. In the end, Ben was redeemed and most of the audience liked him as well. I picked YM mainly because of their comparable stature, their round glasses, their quick wit and their complex story.

Hantz, in my mind, has to be Locke as Smokey. He killed Sun and Jin.

Jack as Probst? Why not. Many viewers would like to put a knife in Probst!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •